What it do teeg? Ran SotDL for the first time this last weekend and my group and I had a great time with it...

What it do teeg? Ran SotDL for the first time this last weekend and my group and I had a great time with it. Inadvertently ran a wizard of oz party consisting of a changling, clockwork, orc, and human lady who's object of interest was a small foul tempered dog.

What crazy parties or adventures have you cats had with Shadow of the Demon Lord, I'd love to hear what zany shit this environment allows.

I played a oneshot that was great, ended on a perfect note, not sure if it was official or how much it was homebrewed, I'll story time it after a shower.

Short summary: inquisitor had been vaporized by an orcish cannon during the revolt, his rag-tag retinue carries on the fight, but are they really any better than the rampaging orcs? Do orc lives even matter? A heartwarming story about how everybody's equally shit, hope is dead, you shouldn't get attached to your dick, and diabolists make the best exorcists.

i havn't heard "what it do" in a while

This is a game I always want to play but nobody else knows about it or are too set in more mainstream stuff to pick up.

And that's even when I use the appeal of "Look the character sheet is a Pentagram, what more do you want?"

>are too set in more mainstream stuff to pick up.
you're american, right? i have never encountered this here in germany. maybe because the people who play RPGs here used to be part of some kind of subculture - "mainstream" wasn't a term with particularly positive connotations.

I was able to sell it to my group as grim derp rules lite better DnD, instantly sold.

How well do the optional skill rules in Forbidden Rules work?

For some reason "the game has no skill system" is the hill my players want to die on so I might as well include that olive branch.

Honestly using the profession system for skills has worked great. Not needing specific skills for every little instance has been freeing. Oh you were a sailor? You can totally swim, tie knots, etc. a beggar? Slight of hand, enduring the elements, perhaps lying

bump

its a great system i run the curse of the crimson throne with it.

I played it about once at a gamestore, and I didn't like it very much, but that could be mainly because of the DM generally being unreasonable, some of the players taking their sweet ass time, and the DM practically having us roll for everything, even walking down a normal street or asking someone a simple question.

The adventure was pretty ass as well, mainly because city modules are generally gigantic false promises of a bustling city, and you know you can't do an actual city justice if you're having to cram the entire adventure in five hours. So the giant city more or less turns into an archipelago of like four locations.

The one big appeal of the system for me was the fast or slow turn option, but with how awful the other players were about their turns/general luck, what should have been a thirty minute combat at the beginning where some pirates try to shanghai you into joining them, turned into a 2 hour slugfest that turned into a crawl. It also did not help that the DM refused to call the fight and just have the guards show up when the fight dragged out. So like, the one thing I liked about it just generally went out the window from there on out.

That and we had some priest character that could not lie, and the DM bullshitted his way into using it to railroad us to high heaven (and I get it's a module, but this guy took it to a new level).

You may ask "Why the hell did you stay then?" mainly because some friends of mine were there and I drove a far ass distance to get to this damned store.

We didn't even finish the adventure that day, and we were even in the middle of combat too when we ended.

I understand if I just got a bad draw of a DM or adventure and the system may be better than I think it is, but I'd need some some convincing otherwise, which, I would be open to hearing from like the 10 people who play shadow of the demonlord on Veeky Forums

Looks like a good replacement for D&D to me type game to me, but only been reading it a bit today.

I haven't made up my mind if I like the magic system or not.

Once you hit particular levels all your gear essentially needs to be replaced. So we were out in an ice castle ontop of a glacier when we leveled up and for whatever reason the GM interpreted that as "all of your gear falls apart on your body". So it was a horrible frozen starving trek all the way back to civilization.

The Clockwork was laughing his ass off the entire way.

You do. Trust me.

>Once you hit particular levels all your gear essentially needs to be replaced.
It does? I seemed to have missed that bit.

I'm still not sure if all the level up bonuses stack though, so you get them from all 3 classes.

>You do. Trust me.
So each spell having it's own number of uses works well? There seems to be a clear way for you to learn a few spells from several different "schools" vs. many spells from one "school" which I liked.

I think it's in the equipment section, but I forget where. Like level 4 and 7 off the top of my head. It's unfortunate because it really hurts martials more than casters, on the simple fact that that armor is fucking expensive.

Generally speaking it does yeah. Generally you'll be choosing 3 schools, and the third one is just a dip for one or two choice spells.

Atleast that was my experience.

I am not seeing it, unless you mean the Strength requirements on armor?

Page 101, the bar at the top of the page.

I can kind of see why they did it, but it is kind of a dumb rule and I'd probably ignore it.

Why is it that whenever I see a thread about this game, OP is sucking dick so hard it puts a vacuum cleaner to shame?

You realize it is supposed to be edgy like Warhammer, right?

It's awful when people like things.

Haha, that is hilariously awful.

So do you not adjust your stats at all until you get the two +1's from your basic class?