How would your character fare against Tywin Lannister?

How would your character fare against Tywin Lannister?

Entire party would be destroyed before they even knew they were against Tywin Lannister.

Tywin watches in horror as his flesh rusts and then flakes off

It'd be a pretty even match, although I feel like they would get along pretty well.

He would beat the fuck out of this old guy

Quite easily, all my character has to do is absolutely nothing. Tywin Lannister will destroy himself, just like he did in the show and the books. For all the talk about ruthless pragmaticism and "knowing how to play the game of thrones", it's his callousness, cruelty and treachery that he was remembered by, and it were his own misdeeds that brought him to his death, and his family to ruin.

Ned Stark might have got his head chopped off, but at least he wasn't murdered on a shitter by his own son, his other son didn't reject him, and his daughter isn't on trial for being a whore. When Ned died, his legacy lived on, as lords of the North conspired to bring his family back to power - at great risk for themselves and with very little to gain - just to repay the debt they own to generations of just and honorable Starks.
It's Ned who I would be afraid to go against. He inspires loyalty both in life and in death.

In the Political arena my character would probably lose but that would be left to my comrades. During a war however the lannister armies would be smashed, their keeps cracked open, the Mountain and any other big shot enforcers killed in a brutal fight, and Casterly Rock taken in a final glorius siege.

I would probably be one of his thugs.

"Take off these silly horns and teeth, there are no half-demons."

>generations of just and honorable Starks.

This is a lie. The Starks were no different from the Boltons. To tame the savage north, you need a strong hand. Ned Stark is an aberration, product of being educated by Jon Arryn.

She whips out her zweihander and starts throwing out divine smites like they're going out of style.

As a level 14 wizard in a spelljammer campaign, I do the only logical thing and drop an asteroid on his castle and various farms and or ports.

Then make my demands for bitches, booze, and books or else I keep bombarding them.

Tywin was actually pretty dumb. He just got lucky Robert died

I didn't think anyone had the guts to attack Cthulhu.

Hope he enjoys being a Skeleton.

Isn't he canonically smart, just that the poor writing makes him look stupid?

I mean, if you want to be all Doylist about it

1v1 combat? Against him in a war?
I only have the resources in my pockets I don't think that's a fair fight

He would die. His toilet golem, however, might have a shot.

In combat I wouldn't be afraid. He has literally zero protection from simple scry & die.

I would fear some other people in ASoIaF before him, like melisandre who can at the very least cast phantasmal killer and raise dead, or the faceless men, or the house of the undying, or danny with her dragons.

Though my character can go toe to toe with adult dragons and return fine, so I'm not too worried.

My character is the youngest son of a wealthy family, considered the black sheep after his far more successful brother and sister. However he set off on his own, and after almost miraculously surviving a number of largely self-inflicted accidents he's on the road to either start something even better than anyone would've ever given him credit for, or do something profoundly stupid that ends with everything on fire.

so I guess I'd probably end up shooting him to death on the toilet?

Then it's just Ned instead of generations. I think it makes Tywin look even worse.

Tywin is not smart, he's just really ruthless. It serves him well for a while, but it eventually turns out that being a shitty person has drawbacks.

The Starks were the rulers of the entire North for over a thousand years. Thats plenty of time to build loyalty

>for over a thousand years
>believing (((grey rats)))

>How would your character fare against Tywin Lannister?
I need some parameters, man. I mean, if it's purely "who kills whom", then I guess I just shoot Tywin in the head from some forest a kilometer away.

Ok, according to the timeline everybody believes, they ruled the north for over a thousand years

>We got him?
>Yes sir, we got him.
>...Bomb it all for a few more days. Just to be sure.

In combat, she'd just Disintegrate him.

If she somehow found herself in some game of thrones against him, he'd probably win because wizards ain't that social and she doesn't really have allies outside her party and her family. But he probably couldn't kill her. A wizard is *always* prepared. Though realistically her power level is too high for his setting, and he doesn't really work outside of it.

Ah, so this is where he got the idea of educating Theon as a Stark instead of a Greyjoy. It didn't work out as well.

We aren't even in the same game. Tywin wants political power, my character wants to bring about utopia on earth through demonic worship. Probably I would buddy up to him in return for religious favoritism.

Point for doing the right thing, though. Ironborn are niggers of Westeros, and Greyjoys are the niggest of them all. Their house words, "We do not sow", literally mean "We contribute nothing to society, and we're proud of it".

He's probably going to lose the game of thrones to Tywin, but that's mostly because he's a wizard and is too busy unlocking the secrets of the cosmos to give a shit what a bunch of jumped up peasants do

If Tywin fucks with one of his pet projects though, then there won't be anything left of him OR his gold-filled castle vaults.

well seeing that my last character was a retired JTF-2 operator in a modern CoC camping, in combat i think he is going to be just fine

Unmakes reality around him and proceeds to eat him alive to help satisfy the pact she made with a demon that has a penchant for causing political instability.

There's no reason they wouldn't get along. Indeed, she would appreciate his firm hand against bandits and his well ordered lands.

Peace and order mean good business and reliable profits.

Is there debate about this?

It would be a game of thrones and a fifty foot tall man-eating giant ape with regeneration powers and earth magic.

A Sam chapter early in A Feast for Crows, where he complains that the historical records are full of kings who reigned for hundreds of years and "knights riding around a thousand years before there were knights". It appears more likely that this is a combination of legendary history and Westerosi historians projecting their own culture onto historical figures (by casting historical persons as medieval knights and lords, when they were likely nothing of the sort).

Character is a Jawa with a penchant for explosives. Thisis going to end the same way as most other situations he's involved in; explosions, collateral damage and stealing anything that isn't nailed down or on fire.

depends really, for my assasin/stalker who has recently contracted vampirism. would probably avoid contact since he never interacts with clients. but if someone puts a contract on Tywin then he will be dead before sunrise.
as for any of my other 2 active characters, they would not fare very well considering that the are both teenagers with no real influence or power and very low level

Maester conspiracy is not a theory, it's a fact. There's something rotten in the Citadel, and the only question is what exactly is the maester agenda, and what are they doing to achieve it.
And while it seems like they hate magic (and therefore dragons and Targaryens), I have a personal theory that they are obsessed with keeping status quo. This explains impossible, thousands years old dynasties, and their grudge against Targaryens and their dragons, and why they are hoarding all knowledge to themselves.

The Starks themselves are probably an exception even if that is the case since there's clearly magical bullshit in that family tree that seems to go back pretty far

Pretty far, yes. But thousands of years? Targaryens have only ruled Westeros for around three hundred, and that's already a lot. Entire houses went extinct, including great ones.
You're teliing me that none of this shit happened before they landed on Dragonstone? That Starks, and Gardeners, and Hoares ruled since before recorded history? Seems like bullshit to me, and Sam's observations support it.

Starks are special, yes, but it was probably more like five hundred years, not five thousand.

It's not like this hasn't happen in real life. Many families had or have ridiculous claims of being descendent of pseudo-historical figures that are very likely to be entirely fictitious.

Sneak into the Tower of the Hand and shoot him in the privy.

The Japanese imperial family claims to have ruled since 660 BC, although the first guy who definitely existed was in the 500 ADs. Also, the imperial family went through long periods of being puppets, and Japan wasn't actually united for that whole time

They also claim to be descendants of Amaterasu. It's not like the shit they say isn't really questionable, it's that not having some sort of claim means they would have to go and get real jobs

In single combat, tywin dies.

A game of houses would be much more interesting, although my character would still win due to his (comparatively) infinite resources.

>They also claim to be descendants of Amaterasu
Most 'royal' families in the BCs claimed to be descended from one god or another.

I prefer the tradition of declaring yourself secretly a god all along in your will

Busy trying for alliances with eldar, right if passage with this maiden world, building a merchant fleet and guarding it from and rooting out pirates to help the local sector flourish from uninterrupted commerce. Let someone else talk with the minor statesman there.

I have never been more grateful that I took Crossbow Expert

Why not both?

It ruins the surprise

Trillions of angry Stoats suddenly appear throughout his kingdom.
Like, if there's a space in a radius of 600 miles that can be filled with an angry Stoat, it's going to have one in it.

Well, when you're still building power, claim your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather was Apollo or something, so you have claim to that god's favor, but you're pretty much entirely human, so failures are acceptable, then once you've become emperor or whatever, hit them with the "I was a god all along" thing, so you have enough power to shut anyone who disagrees up.

>niggers
>not contributing to society
>what is cotton

It's not going to be pretty.

depends if its in combat or through political means

either way Tywin loses, just one method would be slower

Yeah, but what was his tax policy like?

>Two Centuries ago
So Iron Born are actually worse than niggers?

Probably fairly lax given the north is basically a whole lot of cold nothing

Claiming Divinehood and establishing it through the execution of everyone else claiming the same was a relatively easy means of control back in the day. It's the same with dietary restrictions, for the most part it was to establish control and dictate lines of who was in and who was out, it was enforced thanks to the fact that there was zero negative repercussions for doing it and occasionally you got to point at the heathens who get sick for breaking the rules you laid out.

Or you can combine the two and claim that only the church is allowed to brew alcohol and condemn women, who at the time, were successful business owners doing it, which ultimately took a lot of power away from women by denying them economic freedom.

His castles mean nothing before my mighty Catapults

they're all supernatural combat monsters who don't really do any political maneuvering or have any real relevance in local politics other than ad-hoc architecture in places that don't have appropriate inns and making the market glut on a few rare adventure-y items.

So they don't really interact in any meaningful way as neither really cares about the other.

Good taste

I'm playing in a Star Wars campaign, and I pilot the party's YT-2400. I think I have a clear advantage gere.

My current character is an Oni-inspired Tiefling Barbarian.

As enemies, she wouldn't stand a chance. But she'd definitely be happy being Tywin's new Mountain.

Come on now, you're a Jawa. You have droids to steal the things that are on fire.

As for my character, well she's a transhuman operating a warship. So, uh. Probably ignore him.

Ironborns are literally pirates. So I guess you could call them worse. Or fucking awesome. It's all perspective I guess.

>literally pirates
More like pop-Vikings, who worship Cthulu

The entire party is made up of Operatives and Soldiers, all part of the Stewards. As neutral parties in planetary politics, attempting to rope any of us into his game of thrones would be a bad idea.

If he's stupid enough to try actively working /against/ us and impede our work? It will depend on how he takes it. Throwing political mud our way will get the notice of our superior and a, investigation team would be sent to review and oversee our conduct. If Tywin takes /hostile action/ against us and by extension actively undermine the planetary security of a Pact World? Not his political power, his ruthlessness, societal position or fortified caste will save him. The Law will be enforced and justice done.

Tywin's shtick only works because he's fighting enemies that do care about honor, tradition, and the general good of humanity. As Tyrion showed, if a motherfucker just shoots him and accepts the consequences for their actions there's nothing he can really do. He's definitely going to get his shit pushed in by anyone who isn't from Westeros, as they won't care about having a great house after them in 99% of scenarios.

Its too bad we didn't get to see more of Tywin. His interactions with Arya really hinted at a decent person, and I can't help but feel his feelings toward Tyrion colored the reader/viewer's lens really heavily.

They poisoned him tho

yea right, just like Daario is actually Euron

If they did it was pointless, he's a drunk idiot, just manipulate him instead of killing him

Except that's wrong. Everything Tywin did, he did for the benefit for his family. It's not his fault his children were retarded.

>Mastigos Seer on the cusp of Ascension
Tywin would make a useful pawn.

> He's a drunk idiot

Robert was actually far smarter than you give him credit for and the Lannister's WERE actively trying to manipulate him. Why do you think he constantly bitched about being surrounded on them by all sides?

This is the guy who staged a rebellion against the mad king and came out of it with only a single blotch on a nigh undefeated streak.

Getting rid of him via poison + boar was the only option.

The real question is

How would your character fare against /Olenna Tyrell/ if they don't know she wants them dead?

My party is paranoid enough that we already have multiple precautions against assassinations, if we figured out that she wanted us dead we would either try to convince her that we aren't a threat or teleport into her room while she's sleeping and kill her

Did for his family. I forgot that neglect and abuse were such cherished family values.

My character is a Slayer Caste who has some of the Soak charms
He gives no fucks.

Wrong. Shitting on Tyrion relentlessly despite him objectively being the most promising of his children did nothing to help his family- to the contrary it hastened its end.

He married his cousin. That didn't benefit his family, it didn't get them anything. He did it because he loved her and wanted to marry her.

Devestate the mountain in single combat thanks to his massive steam powered suit, giant fucking sword, and shoulder mounted flamethrower, and move on to the next big scary name until there wasn't anyone left.

Instantly defeat the old guy.

>You must defeat him in combat
What, so pick off this baron guy and we get to go home? Fine.

Think you can hit him from this far out? Make sure and load AP, I don't want tons of collateral damage....

>You must defeat him at a game of -
Yeah go ahead and load HE, there's no way this fuck's kingdom is staying together when we've blown him and all his hangers on to smithereens, and burned down his manor besides.

Now send me back. My country needs me.

Well it didn't work out so well for his family. He was good at his job but he didn't raise kids who could take over the businessmen. He did all the plotting and action for them. Jamie was a great warrior but no politician. Cercie could have been a good politician but she never got the right training because she was used a game piece rather than a proper inheritor. Tyron had both the desire to educate and aid the family but he got fucked over because the old man was a hypocrite.

If your focus is family and you wind up with shitty kids that says something about your priorities. Maybe giving them actual parenting would mean one less plot to lay or one less house to buy but in the long run at least the kids will get it. Maybe it means this generation doesn't get to sit on the throne, so what, if it really is about the dynasty why not raise some kids that could do it better in a more stable way.

Tywin didn't do that because he's a general not a dad. He locked his kids out, did everything himself and asked only that they obey him. He was a badass dude but in in the long run that's not enough. They weren't bad kids ether, they did well for what they had but what they really needed was a competent dad.

You are right about Tyrion, ill give you that. If he was put into a place of power, and made Tywin's successor, a lot of really bad shit could have been avoided. Pretty much everything that went wrong could be attributed to Jaime and Cersei, and their bastard son, Joffrey. Tywin was just trying to make the best of an extremely shitty situation.

Tywin has always suspected that Tyron is not his son. He suspects that he's the son of Aerys the Mad King who may have raped her. He cannot prove it and it may be even wrong, but that's a big part of his resentment towards Tyron.

Well, my charcter is reality warper with near-absolute control over Time and Fate. So, I hope he does enjoy absolutely everything going wrong for him and ending up with a crossbow bolt in his innards and me fucking his daughter.

>half this thread is just nothin personnel replies

the quality of this place has really gone down

>How would your character fare against Tywin Lannister?
He'd kill him, then fuck off back to his boat, mumbling about why nothing ever goes okay when you get off the fucking boat.

>Op asks what our campaign characters would do when faced in a fight with a low-fantasy elderly man getting in their way
>Most characters in DnD and the like are far beyond the power level of the setting by level 3 or 4
What exactly could anyone expect except him getting his ass handed to him or made into a flunky? It's not our fault George made the setting so damn basic.

I know you're trying to be edgy, but "We do not sow" is the Westeros equivalent of "Only low-T cucks are farmers, we're too busy fucking their bitches & pirating riches"

>pop-Vikings, who worship Cthulu
So even more fucking awesome than I thought?

>Colony-orientated rogue trader new to his warrant, military background
He'd probably be advised by his retinue not to let Tywin live. Coin toss between letting him act as the leader of the pre-existing 'colony' or acting on that advice.

Eh, took him out once, can probably do it again.

You literally bought Tywin's lie hook, line, and sinker. That's what he tells himself even though he sabotages his family at every turn.