How would you make a character who's paralyzed from the waist down work in DnD 4e?

How would you make a character who's paralyzed from the waist down work in DnD 4e?

5 move speed, make Con save every hr to see if you shit yourself.

I would make them merfolk. They wandered onto land because they are unable to swim properly.

Sick ass flying chair.

Mounted combat or tensers floating disc.

Magic legs

Some sort of mount would be the easiest guess. It would probably be easier if they're a smaller race in consideration to bringing their mount everywhere

Just be a Pixie my dude.

You know that you have been a long time on Veeky Forums when you find pic related hot.
Now regarding your question; follow what said.

4e isn't really a system that works for characters who aren't capable at combat in some degree, but there are ways you could do it.

A Lazylord is an obvious one, the only class archetype in the game whose recommended equipment involves a deckchair. The whole point of a lazylord is that they never, ever bother to attack themselves, they just let their allies do it. They're very amusing to play.

Beyond that, some sort of spellcaster or psychic who can get around the disability and still be useful on the battlefield would also make sense. I can't really think of a way of integrating the hampered mobility without it being utterly crippling though, it's hard to figure out if there's anything you could trade it off for.

I would just make them like any other character. 4e is by far the easiest DnD to refluff to fit whatever concept you like. There's no reason to gimp you character mechanically when there are hundreds of ways you can justify moving around without using your legs.

Tenser's Floating Disc must be the best idea so far.

Could make them a Dragonborn (With the wings alt racial trait for Dragonlance) or Pixie. Both have flight, so they don't need to ever stand on thier feet.

What's a Lazylord? Do you have any examples?

WHAT?
FREEZE!

Lazylord is a Warlord class character who takes powers that are exclusively in the vein of "You there! Hit that guy with your stick! And put your back into it!".

Okay, so do you want to represent it mechanically, or just _say_ he's paralyzed from down the waist?

>"he"

I'd make the player roll a character who isn't literally a cripple and can instead go on adventurers since that's what the fucking game is about.

me and my friend had a gimmick along the same lines, i made a mentally retarded Alghi named Brawley and he made a crippled halfling who rode on my back and used a sling shot. it was as fun to us as it was annoying to the rest of the party.

HERE BOI!

Halfling spellcaster or lazylord strapped to fighter's back.