Has one of your characters ever fallen in love before? Did they get a happily ever after?

Has one of your characters ever fallen in love before? Did they get a happily ever after?

I had a character who was a Skeleton warlock who fell in love with the the Medusa Sorceress who had died and came back by putting her soul in to a stone statue.

He hates living people and pretty much all organic creatures (except horses) but now that she was a construct and technically un-dead he thought that she was cool now.

He spent the next few game sessions attempting to flirt with her but he as a character really had no idea how so it was basically me just saying "I stand next to her just cause and say hi and just continue to stand next to her."

She was later able to turn herself back to being alive and that turned the Skeleton off immediately.

Yes, to a fellow PC no less.

They're currently married and plan to settle down after the campaign!

No. I've never been a player in a long-running game, so I've never had a chance to have a character fall in love.

>first I helped her to indebt her and use that later
>then I challenged god of time to coin toss for her life because my plans still required her presence
>then we worked in tandem as an infiltration team numerous times
>I had no reason to go after her to the literal hell with no backup whatsoever
>I helped her save some poor peasants because I wanted to take her out somewhere
>we saved the world to be together

Character, an idealist paladin-wannabe, fell in love in the party's pragmatic, cynical sorceress. The party ended up establishing a new kingdom, and the other players voted the two of them the rulers. As a matter of necessity, the sorceress agreed to marry wannabe-paladin, who honestly loved her. The affection was always one-sided, but at least they were together.

>Human fighter
>Small city constable
>Has a stunning arrest record and punishes every misdemeanor, no matter how small
>One day female half elf con artist comes into town and starts scamming a few people out of their coin
>He tries to arrest her but through impressive trickery and guile she slips through his fingers
>He can't take that one of his targets managed to get away and two weeks later resigns from his post, gathers together what gold he can and sets off to track her down and bring her to justice himself, vigilante style
>Ends up banding together with other adventures who have their own personal goals and vendettas
>Picks up the half elf's trail but every town and city he tracks her to is rife with lawlessness and by the time he's finished cleaning them up she's disappeared again
>She starts seeing it as a game and lets him get closer every time - a glimpse of her hair disappearing around a corner, a quick smile from a face in the crowd, a note with a riddle revealing where she's going
>One night party is infiltrating a local noble's party for information on his possible links to crime syndicate
>Fighter gets distracted by masked noblewoman who starts talking to him
>Despite his best efforts to remain stoic he's charmed by her and for the first time in months he drops his stony facade, relaxes and just has fun for once
>One thing leads to another and the two end up leaving the party early, hiring a room in a nearby tavern and sleeping together
>Next morning he wakes up and sees the woman is gone with a note where she laid
>It's written in the same handwriting as the con artist half elf telling him to chase her again with a small heart signed at the bottom
>Fighter realizes he's been tricked but instead of raging as before he instead laughs and is almost excited to begin the chase anew

>He sets off again after gushing to the rest of the party about her who are perplexed at his sudden change in demeanor
>He starts smiling more often, letting small misdemeanors slide if justified and helping people out not because of the law, but because it's the right thing to do
>Party combats crime syndicate even more who now see party as a threat to their organization
>Half elf con artist who has links to syndicate leaves party clues to evade assassins sent after them
>Fighter tracks her down a few more times and each time he learns a little more about her and they grow closer before she disappears in a puff of smoke
>Eventually shit goes down and party manage to track down criminal organization headquarters
>It's a tough fight but together they all manage to kill the crime boss and his lieutenants, leaving the small fry leaderless and effectively destroying the organization
>In the aftermath of the fight they find the half elf rummaging through the headquarter's vault, hoping to use her knowledge of the upcoming raid as a distraction to make her biggest score yet
>She freezes before putting her hands forward, resigned to her fate and expecting to finally be arrested
>Fighter reaches behind his back and instead offers her a wedding ring and asks her to marry him
>She's shocked before laughing and accepting and the two of them embrace one another and kiss
>Fighter uses the money he made adventuring to open his own tavern and every year for their anniversary she'll run off and he'll give her a day's head start before chasing after her

>Has one of your characters ever fallen in love before?
once upon a time my character (a mundane swordsman) and GM's younger sister's character (literally elven princess) fell in love with each other
GM was a ball of rage by this point since it was his mothers idea to have his sister join in
he didn't bother to hide his foul mood so we did it mostly for the lulz at first
in fact me and her would quite regularly meet IRL to discuss what would out characters 'spontaneously' do during the sessions

>Did they get a happily ever after?
during the wedding the balcony our characters were standing on collapsed and they died
my gf was so pissed off about it she moved to my place and still isn't talking to him despite the fact that it happened a year ago
luckily we keep in touch with the rest of the group

Yes.
No.

is your character either autistic or a mage?

kek

I had a Vampire character who fell in love with a Hunter. It didn't work out. The campaign actually ended with the character becoming mortal again and running off with the Hunter, but the Hunter ended up dumping them and they didn't take it well.

perfect

I've been in several long-running campaigns and no PC has ever fallen in love, or even been in love for that matter. I wish romance was a common occurrence, it makes the story more interesting, and less predictable.

I tried a romantic subplot for my character in one of my old D&D games. The character was interested in one of the other PCs AND it kinda made sense for them to get together. Problem is, I wanted it to just be a note of color in the background, but the guy playing the other character (male player, female PC) was being a total creep about it and tried to make me roleplay the lewds, so I had to scrap the whole idea.
Still better than the time I inadvertedly ended up in a Furry PbMail, though.

I actually don't know. My kobold rogue had a girl he was sweet on back with the rest of the tribe, and it was even reciprocated, but he took a blood oath to avenge the fallen before he discovered that some of them had survived the BBEG's attack before the campaign started. They met up during the campaign, but the survivors were getting along fine without him so he opted to go fulfill his mission, which he did. It wasn't explicitly stated because our follow-up campaign is taking place roughly a year or two later in the same setting so those characters are still around, but outside of her already being with someone else when he comes back a hero and sets his people up with their own country I can't see anything that would hinder their romance.

Why would he?

Your GM didn't want his sister to hook up with you? How did you make him your enemy?

>gm's sister
>PC love interest
>meeting irl to discuss game
>gf

That escalated quickly

I've considered giving my character romantic feelings for a certain someone, but I'm apprehensive about going though with it purely because it's very unlikely they'd get a happily ever after (Not least because they're already happily married; so at worst the feelings would be unrequited, most likely outcome being that she might feel something in return but still prioritizes her spouse), so there's a very solid possibility it would just be me dumping drama on the rest of the players when I could just as easily avoid the whole mess by having my character remain chaste and repressed romantically which would be just as in character and reasonable as giving her feelings for the someone

>Character is a 45 yo first-line soldier from a fantasy universe
>As a "hero" he gets drafted after his apparent death in spaceship
>One of the members of said spaceship is a haughty bitch with general disdain for pretty much everyone
>He is the one she despise the most
>They fight fairly often because he is pissed off by her nihilistic attitude
>Character understands session after session that she has been traumatised by war and lost a lot in her "death"
>"She has no place on the ship, we have to get rid of her"
>Knock her out and discreetly let her on earth with no weapons, so that she can at least live a life in peace
>Or at least that was the plan
>Spaceship attacked, she doesn't want to play with the team and goes alone
>dies after being horribly maimed by a metal construct
>Barely enough remains to bury her
>Digs a grave, breaks his old, medieval sword, and places it with her belongings
>"I, too, always hated war"
That was the closest one of my characters ever was

That's pretty fucking sweet

Yes. The girl had feelings for him since he'd saved her and most of her village from an enemy raid, years later she joined his elite team and they eventually hooked up after she nearly died. They've already had a kid, but still go out regularly on missions.
>Did they get a happily ever after?
Still ongoing, so we shall see.

She still has his leg and bolter as a keepsake. In the grim darkness of future there is no happily ever after.

>nWoD Hunter oneshot at a convention
>mousy librarian who does a lot of hiking ends up shanghaied into being part of a government task force that hunts down serial killers
>along with a jerkass rich boy, a med student girl who seems kinda interested in her and some other people who all made the mistake of going on holiday in the wrong part of Wales
>fucking supernatural sheep-shagging killers, yo
>Librarian and med student get closer during training, before being sent on their first case
>we track this murderer to his lair, it's packed full of knives, makeshift operating tables, other nasty shit
>librarian takes one of the knives, resolving that she and her new friend won't go down easy

>we finally encounter the serial killer, he has a winning smile and a pair of groupies, one on each arm
>surely he couldn't be the murderer, right?
>he starts talking about how we know too much, a couple of the other PCs are close to being mesmerised. Not the librarian though
>She knows that if she falls under his spell that's it for the lot of them, med student included
>She takes out the knife tucked into her belt and fucking lobs it at him, throwing all of her concentration into this one throw...
>it nails him clean through the ribs, he collapses to the floor and begins messily bleeding out all over the cement floor. His groupies go apeshit and rush the librarian.
>they cut her a bit but are swiftly overwhelmed, turns out the rich jock was good for something after all.
>Game ends with med student bandaging the librarian's wounds and making soothing noises, mostly about arranging a civil partnership ceremony

I'm not crying, I'm not.
Really nice

Twice. Once in a fantasy campaign my half-elf sorcerer and a npc human cleric had a slow and cute relationship. Hand holding, late night walks, that kind of stuff. 3 of the other 4 PCs thought it was great, but the one that didn't colluded with the GM. He ended up cucking my character. I walked in on him and the cleric having rough anal sex while she screamed about how much she loved his sick. So, I roasted them with two empowered heightened maximized fireballs.

The other time was in a superhero game with a female player. Both characters had this unspoken love for each other, but never said anything because they didn't think that they could stop saving the day long enough to have a meaningful relationship.

One of my characters was an abstinent monk living a pirate life, when one night my party buddies decided to go to the local brothel for some ale. And there she was. Red hair, smooth skin, pretty face (but ultimately a prostitute). After a couple of ales, my buddies payed her for the night and my virgin monk rocked her world (thank you, blessed dices). Me, being lawful neutral, made her an offer to quit being a whore and come live at our groups place. She accepted and she got pregnant, which exited my monk. Little did he know that his son would never be born...damn campaign never concluded!
My best character ever.

A friend's character fell in love with an NCP

I tried to sacrifice her for a ritual.

Now, a caveat: I was the DM for this one, and it's Exalted 3E, so it's going to get weird.

One of the PCs, an Eclipse Caste Solar (basically an extremely charismatic wandering hero) fell in love with a headstrong, cold Dragon-blooded (i.e. elemental-themed) sorceress who was part of the group sent to hunt him down. Given that she was raised in a society that regards Solars as demons, she was eventually won over by his inherent humanity combined by the fact that he was basically a young Greek demigod. (Not without trying to kill him a few times, though.)

So, a mission into the Underworld goes bad, and the girl gets dragged away in chains, seemingly to her death. The rest of the party manages to escape, and retreats to lick it's wounds. The thing is, they managed to steal a very useful artifact from one of the Deathlords, who are major villains in the setting.

An Infernal Exalted (Solars, but corrupt and demon-flavored) is sent to sneak into the inn and steal the artifact. Now, some Infernals have a special skill that allows them to flawlessly assume someone's appearance, and 'reflavor' their powers to resemble that person. It's an extremely basic ability. So the assassin (Seven Profound Shadows) uses her power, assumes the form of the Dragon-blooded sorceress, and sneaks in.

The PC is there. He's in the throes of Limit Break, which is basically an emotional meltdown caused, in this case, by watching your lover dragged away to an horrible fate and slaying an entire army of angry ghosts in a futile attempt to save her. His judgement, as we say, is impaired.

He sees the assassin walk in, and he thinks his lover's come back to life or somehow escaped. In his current state, he can't really put two and two together, so he does what's obvious.

(More)

He's just so overwhelmingly happy, and so overwhelmingly potent in the use of his Charms, that he seduces the (very startled) assassin. They end up making passionate, passionate love on the bed, while SHE'S STILL IN HIS LOVER'S FORM.

Here's the thing: Social-boy here is quite possibly the world's best lover. He literally has a power that does that. So, he rocked her world.

The assassin escapes with the artifact (sneaking out when he's asleep) but she finds she can't bear to cut his throat even when he's defenseless. And then she realizes she's absolutely in love with this guy.

Did I mention that his lover isn't actually dead, just being horribly tortured?

my 11yo wizard has it bad for his pixie familiar. When i cast enlarge on her, she ends up just a shorter than him.
when she rests her head on his chest, my heart skips a beat.

You made him cheat on his girlfriend? The fuck?

>Horribly edgy murderous vampire blood knight psychopath
>During the campaigns meets a female horribly edgy murderous vampire blood knight psychopath
>At the end-game, takes his planet-busting spaceship to go be a space warlord with his vampire blood knight tribe, his waifu, and his two horrific vampire infants

It was a surreal experience.

Told this story alot. Elf loves wizard
I fell in love then player moved away.
heartbreak.

See, when you put it like that, it sounds bad. It's more like when your wife dies and her sister dresses up as and I realize this is a poor metaphor.

I was in a long running DnD campaign playing a elf monk who was a bit of an 'asian outsider' type. She was a fairly good aligned naive and another player had this typical surely dwarf warrior who hated elves. Two years adventuring together, they had gotten Gimli Legolas close, finally ending with them becoming a couple in a not spoken sort of way. I thought it was kinda sweet. The other player and I eventually dated and then married so it worked out.

One of my characters was in arranged marriage with another PC. There was no love between them, but they had multiple children and tolerated each other.

Toy with that conflict IC and see what happens?

t. Dwight Schrute

I played a cleric in two games, but I noticed that Stool in OotA made him much more caring and fatherly than his earlier alcoholic self. So I decided he was the same adventurer, but much older.

After some incidents with the other party I left that game, and decided that he went back to his monastary to regain the trust and favor of Pelor/pay penance for his sins (murderous PvP). After a few years an adventuring party came by seeking help, which he did. With his level reset but his power restored, he traveled with the new group, which included a tiefling sorceress saved his life (and vice-versa) a whole bunch. When the party fell apart they got married and settled down.

Made for some good RP in that OotA game; he wrote everything down in his journal and sent messages with Sending every so often so they knew he was alive and well.

Fallen in Love yes, but don't really confessed yet. Could be because she grow up in peacefull hippie forest land and his home country is basicly Steampunk Imperialistic Germany.

>Playing female halfling chef following the party so she can make pies out of monsters and sell them for profit
>Other PC is a human alchemist out to gather ingredients and try out new potions
>The two become BFFs and get closer over the course of the campaign, to the point of them obviously crushing on each other
>That Guy nearly gets my character killed due to him being a dick
>This pushes the alchemist (and the party) over the edge
>Arrange an elaborate ruse which gets That Guy killed
>GM is totally behind it because he was sick of That Guy's shit
>Alchemist and halfling have a romantic dinner date whilst That Guy burns to death from his own magic

That was a good campaign.

Not me but another guy in my campaign fell for the governor of a city we visited. She ended up as the antagonists. By the end of the campaign we had lit her on fire (she attacked us first) and he named a boat after her. Good times.

All my romantic adventures most end up at the sacrifice altar of the greater good: Either death, divorce, or watching from afar.

DMs seem to have a habit of throwing lonely drow women at my characters. I never ask for romance, but it still always happens.

>playing a friendly half-elf enchanter
>working with a drow swordmage that has betrayed her people because she got a case of "the morals"
>my character basically spends all the time planning a military campaign with her and becomes her only friend, so the DM one day declares that she makes a move
>"Erm... I'll go along with it? Fade to black, I suppose."
>my character later became archmage of the White Robes (think Dragonlance) and she his enforcer waifu

>new campaign
>playing an elven witch(er?) - the PF class
>at some point, we encounter a psionic coven of drow-elf-halfbreed assassins created by kidnapping and raping elf women and experimenting with magic on their offspring to get the drow taint to wash off
>their leader immediately tells me she's seen visions of me liberating her people and leading them to their destiny
>DM has given me similar visions since the start of the campaign, so again I go along with it
>I see it as my duty to socialize these murder machines and teach them elf customs, so I stick around
>again, happily ever after with a half-drow waifu

>next campaign
>playing a human inquisitor that will stop at nothing to wipe out necromancy (it being an otherwordly, corrupting presence and the big bad of the entire setting, basically)
>along the way we find out the drow are not working with necromancers, but against them
>they're still totally evil assholes
>one of them approaches my character to propose a deal
>it's a female
>at this point I had wised up, I could read the signs and took action
>went along with her deal, forced a massive showdown in a clusterfuck of a plan against the mastermind necromancer trying to open a rift in the world that would flood it with necromantic power and extinguish all life
>the explostion basically wiped out a metropolis and killed hundreds of thousand, but whatever, mission accomplished
>let God sort them out
>then I chose not to hold up my end of the bargain and let her be killed by an elf ally of convenience
>DM describes her look of surprise and her death in vivid detail
>deus vult, darkbreed

>Your GM didn't want his sister to hook up with you? How did you make him your enemy?
GM didn't like the idea of his ten years younger sister entering his magical realm especially since
>it was his mothers idea to have his sister join in
sis also wasn't happy and made sure that we all know that but I thought that the baggy clothes she purposefully worse every season made her look cute

>That escalated quickly
well IRL it took ~2 months

He did, quite a few times actually. But that shitty character is not allowed to be happy.

Played a Viera white mage and priestess of Phoenix in a Final Fantasy campaign. She fell in love with a male Viera bard NPC.

After travelling with him for a bit, she requested him to be her envoy for a pilgrimage the Church sent her on. The head bishop protested a bit, saying that it would be much safer to travel with a Church caravan with protection, but allowed her to make her own travelling decisions.

Turns out the bard was hired to assassinate her, and seven other priestesses from her church. Whoops. He had a change of heart and confessed the plan to her. Nearly died trying to defend her from the other assassins that came to kill her. That was probably around the time they started developing feelings for each other.

...Or so she thought. Then it turns out he's basically the BBEG, and responsible for pretty much everything that went wrong for her during the campaign, from her Goddess being destroyed, many of her close friends dying, to being tricked into serving a false goddess that she despises. He basically abused her trust just to take advantage of her for his own goals. Again, whoops!

She got her revenge though. Became a goddess to take the place of the annihilated Phoenix, and kicked his ass with her ascended form. Unfortunately, in her ascended form, she's slowly losing grasp on her humanity, and will likely not be able to form any kind of normal romantic relationship.

Moral of the story: bards are basically Satan.

This is some primo feels right here.

Lmfao

Around kine
watch your spine

Sort of. He got reunited with his long lost love and managed to save her from the clutches of a heretical inquisitor by faking her death and seeing her to another segmentum. He himself stayed behind to do his duty and since he didn’t know her whereabouts as a safety measure they only had a chance to spend a few weeks together before they parted ways forever.

Not quite happily ever after, but as good as it gets in the grim darkness of the distant future.

Yes and yes.
>Playing a fairly dumb, violent, but friendly Salty(Crocman) pirate, serving under crazy Haitian Voodoo man Captain in the Caribbean.
>Tooling around our "Home" island, Captain decides to get in good with the local Salty pirate boss, Captain Beauregard Bojack
>Get introduced to his daughter, Scarlet.
>holyshitdattailanddemjaws.watercolor
>Beauregard pulls my character and his NPC brother aside, says they lay one finger on her, he'll tear them apart
>Beauregard is 31ft, two tons out of his armor
>Yessir, wegotitsir.
>Cue fun adventuring, slaughtering British sailors for being assholes, eating chinese opium dealers, and trying to feed our Captain human meat when he's stoned.
>By the Loa, Scarlet can swing an anchor... And that way she carries herself like a proper lady...
>They kinda bond after an incident involving me hugging a child banshee to free it's soul.
>One night, rest of group on shore leave, she's putting out all the signals, calls and all.
>Accidentally the ship's mess in the ensuing 'moment'
>Wake up four hours later, realize what happened
>PANIC.scrimshaw

>Few weeks later, realize Scarlet's showing...
>Meet Beauregard a day later
>IfCrocsCouldSweatI'dHaveMyOwnPool.woodwork
>Challenged to single unarmed combat against him. I land even one bleeding hit, he'll let me live
>Balls, meet wall. Fight drags on for a while, he's (literally singlehandedly) tossing me around like a damned rag-doll, fuck.
>Grabs me in prep for a chokeslam, I pray to Salty Mama for some good Juju, and try biting his arm before he slams me.
>Mama's watching, there's blood.
>Beau discus throws me to the shore of the pond we were fighting in, next to Scarlet.
>" You 'bess be cleanin' yourself up in the next hour or so, boy. I ain't lettin' ya leave with her if you don't make a proper woman outta her."
>Blunderbuss wedding is held, our Captain officiates
>By campaign's end, am the proud poppa of fifty healthy young boys, who I am raising to be as skilled at boarding ships as their old man and his uncle are.

>baggy clothes she purposefully wore every season
size?

My naive but pure of heart fighter saved a bunch of pixies from a hag. One of the pixies took a liking to him, but he shortly was betrayed by his daughter and her lover (who he didn't trust from the start because he thought love was for normal people, not heroes) and took a vow of blindness (he had a magic item that gave him 30ft blindsight so he could still fight).

While all sad and blind and shit he and some friends found a medusa in the desert; the party won and the medusa surrendered and turned out to be actually pretty nice; she went into self-imposed exile to avoid hurting people.

Fast forwarding, my character ended up marrying the pixie and the medusa in the world's most confusing polygamous arrangement.

>fall in love in highschool with a girl
>she manipulates you in to murdering a classmate
>sells you out to the police
>escape custody because satan is a bro
>go on a quest for a revenge for a while
>turns out the girl you killed has now latched on to your soul and is going to torment you
>however she'll bring you back to life if you die at the cost of one of your organs
>meet back up with party to do main story
>over time you come to an understanding with each other and then you fall in love
>world is a fuck tho because that girl is the soul of satan's daughter and death's wife
>death wants his wife back
>build a construct to rip her soul from yours
>very painful experience
>now without anyone to love and understand you
>party doesn't really trust or like you that much because of the whole murder thing
>cooperate anyway
>in the days before fighting the main villains, decide that anger and hatred is a waste of time
>meet back up with original girl, forgive her, she loved you too but feared love because she thought it made her weak so she wanted to get rid of you
>she wants you around now
>gotta go kill the Demon King and God though
>she doesn't like that you came back just to go risk your life
>she accepts it though
>kill the King of Demons
>kill god
>return to her
>have an emotional and passionate moment
>because you're exhausted you fall asleep in her arms
>overcome by her fear and insecurity again she tries to strangle you while you sleep
>despite this you don't force her away, instead taking a gentler approach
>it pays off and she calms down
>live happily ever after in what is probably an incredibly unhealthy relationship of attempted murder
>still happy though

No, since I've never fallen in love I have an incredibly hard time trying to even imagine what it feels like. Obviously when roleplaying you're going to be acting things you have never done and many things that are impossible, but for whatever reason this topic is the one I just can't do.

A little while ago, I've kinda set up a player and an NPC to be together, sorta. It was more like she was an option that the player took.

It was all text based, and It was a solo session away from the rest of the party as well. I couldn't help but feel though if someone brings it up, It'd be kinda awkward IRL.

Any other GMs or players have experiences like this?

My stern, angry cleric from one campaign settled down with my dour, snide clericess of the same god from another campaign. They tried to go their own paths and stay apart, each viewing it as a sort of penance, but numerous near death experiences and one dismemberment sated their mutual martyrdom complex. They reunited and lived a quiet life on a farm, hating heretics until the end of their days.

>So, I roasted them with two empowered heightened maximized fireballs.
I'm kinda curious about what happened after that

Yes
No because they fucking died about a session after the crush started being mutual

That's pretty kawaii user

Futuristic post-apocalyptic game:

There's a makeshift village that's more like a refugee camp where everybody is trying desperately to survive. This surrounds the entrance to and underground bunker where the "citizens" live in comparative luxury. It's dark, cramped, and squalid, but you're assured of food, shelter and protection there (made possible through fees and tributes imposed on the above-ground village), which passes for luxury in this world. The weather control station for this region is breaking down, and citizenship is being offered to those willing to take the journey to fix it. This is almost certain death as it lies far away, across hostile terrain filled with all manner of beasts and bandits, but there's an ongoing drought and times are desperate. So my character, a survivalist who, though not uncaring, has had a ruthless pragmatism forced upon her by life, joins up.

She's instantly enamored with one of the other team members, a woman who has an offhanded, perhaps unconscious way of using her attractiveness to her advantage, compensating for (or distracting from) the fact that she's weakest member of the team. But beauty will only get you so far when survival is constantly on the line, and she's far from useless. Nevertheless, my character is smitten.

The problem is that while, for the most part, people don't give a shit about what you do, lesbianism is a bit of a taboo in a world with a dwindling population. It's considered selfish and deviant. On top of this, my character has to hide the shame that she's a mutant freak. Oh, mutants are common enough, and she's not even the only one on our team, but not all mutations are viewed the same way. In addition to some useful powers, she has a penis, which is something that would make her a deviant in most people's eyes (and a prime sex-slave candidate in the wrong circumstances). Since many so-called mutations can trace their lineage back to elective genetic alteration...

>Since most so-called mutations can trace their lineage back to elective genetic alteration…
...during the civilized times before the apocalypse, there is at least some rationale for thinking they're your "fault", or at least the fault of your historical family.

On top of all of this, my character isn't really very skilled socially, being more the strong, silent type (strong as in strong-willed and resourceful, that is, not necessarily muscular, though she's hardly weak, and can certainly take a beating), so she really lacks the finesse to subtly or effectively woo the object of her secret affection. As a result, she just tries to be a good companion, and to always look out for her. Inside though, she's mad with a desire strong enough that most people would be incapable of controlling it, but she has extraordinary resolve and a powerful fear of her shameful mutation being exposed (something her mother was pretty much raped to death because of, or rather something that served as an excuse for that). So she just soldiers on.

Over time, however, her affection for the woman becomes obvious, even if she's careful never to be overt. There's nothing definitive enough for an accusation to be made, but it's enough to make one of the team members dislike her, while her closest friend in the group is uncomfortable. For her part, her crush tactfully ignores the undertones of affection and just accepts the benefits of my character's good inclination towards her. It's a rough world, and having anybody who is looking out for you is a great boon. The other few members of the party probably notice my character's infatuation, but don't seem to care, having more important things to worry about. Besides, we've been through a lot together and need to go through a lot more.

Then things come to a head while we are on a side-mission for a community of people living in a secure complex of greenhouses. I don't remember all the details, but I think we had to retrieve something from the tunnels below the greenhouses, where subterranean beasties prowled, in exchange for help on our main quest. During this side-mission, two people get paralyzed by the beasts (from the saliva of their bite?), including my character's crush, and they are being carried by the massively strong team member who effectively served as our pack mule (he looks like a cross between a bear and a badger, if I remember). Having gotten the thing we were supposed to get (or having done the thing we were supposed to do), we are fleeing as a pack of the beasts chases us. But even as strong as he is, our pack mule is starting to flag from carrying two people, and the beasts are gaining ground. My character starts yelling at him not to drop her crush, telling him to drop the other guy if he has to drop somebody. He is reluctant to drop either person, but it's clear he isn't going to make it if he doesn't drop somebody, so my character just keeps telling him not to drop her crush. At times it sounds more like a plea, and at others, more like a warning.

In the end, he drops the other guy, the beasties tear him to pieces, and the rest of us make it through a set of bulkheads to safety. My character's crush soon recovers from her paralysis, pulls her aside (away from the others), and gives her a passionate kiss for going all out to save her life. It was just one kiss, after which she acts like nothing had ever happened, returning things to normal, but a kiss is a big deal in this world, in some ways bigger than sex. Sex is cheap and doesn't necessarily show any attachment at all, but a kiss indicates real affection, and isn't something that's given away lightly. It's certainly not something my character is likely to forget.

If anything, my character is a little bit more careful than before the kiss, and makes sure to give her crush the space she obviously wants. They're still friendly, and it's still obvious that she has an attachment to her crush, but those not in the know would be less likely to feel that there's anything weird going on now. And it continues this way for a good while, with my character hoping her crush will eventually get over any trepidation she has and grow more open to returning the her affection.

But nothing ever happens, and it's driving my character crazy to the point where even her resolve is starting to slip. She makes a few (restrained) shows of affection at opportune times, when they're alone, but at first they're deflected, and then her crush actually tells her that she can't give her what she wants because it isn't right. She's heartbroken, and backs off further than she did before, but by this point she's absolutely lovestruck. She tries to accept her role as a mere friend, but all she's really doing is suffering in silence. And still the kiss weighs on her. Whatever the circumstances, surely that indicated real affection. Surely that means that there is something there.

Sometime later, the group is divided due to hostile circumstances, and my character ends up huddled in a small shelter with her crush, where they are shielded from the acid rain. They've just gone through some serious shit together, and that, combined with her accumulated frustration leads her to make her first fully overt pass at her crush. She begs her to give her a chance and promises to keep it a secret if she wants, but she's shot down yet again. So you tries one last thing. She asks if she can at least make her happy, which is slang for giving head. This is something she actually pauses to consider.

She obviously feels some affection for my character, even if it's not to the same extent and even if she's ashamed to let it show, and in a world where sex isn't as big of a deal, this is a relatively straightforward way to get off. All the commitment and work (and the majority of any stigma) is on the part of my character. She can just sit back and enjoy.

So she gives in to my character's pressuring, but she makes it clear that it's a one-time thing, and she makes my character take off her pants first, so just in case anybody came upon them, they would see her dick (which she's known about for a while now, thanks to her tending to my character's wounds while she was unconscious), and thus divert attention and condemnation towards the freak and away from her. My character knows she's being used, but doesn't care, and puts every ounce of attention, skill and passion she has into getting her crush off. Probably thanks in no small part to how long it's been since she's gotten anything, her crush is brought to two powerful orgasms, at which point she pushes my character away. My character furiously jerks off and cums almost right away, while her crush leans back against the shelter wall, catching her breath.

And then things are back to the way they were before, except that my crush is colder than she was before, and more intent on maintaining distance. With one exception, that is. One night after reaching relative safety, the group celebrates their continued survival by getting drinking, and she, more than a bit tipsy, asks if my character would like the opportunity to make her happy again (acting almost like she's doing my character a favor, which, from my character's perspective, she pretty much is). My character says yes and gives her head off in back of some big rock, again with her pants off, just in case.

But other than that, nothing. And it looks like it's going to continue that way when we're betrayed by a now ex-teammate, a massive hulk who had joined us halfway through the mission in exchange for promises of loot. He doesn't believe our story about a weather station and thinks we're going to raid some vault for high technology that he wants for himself. So he's teamed up with some outlaws and ambushed us in order to get the keycard and map we carry. We're pinned down and have to surrender, though our leader manages to escape.

Here's where our fates divide. Our bearlike "pack mule", who never got along with our betrayer because he never trusted him, is hung from a tree until he is dead. The guy who was friendliest with our betrayer back when he was on the team (the same guy who disliked my character because of the lesbian vibes) is given the opportunity to join him, and does, washing his hands of us. My crush, who our betrayer has also taken a shine to, is also subsumed into his ranks, without a word from her. She just looks on helplessly at what is done to the rest of us and my character tells her it's okay. Finally, the rest of us are given as slaves, along with much of our team's equipment, to the outlaws who signed on to help our betrayer.

Our betrayer and a few men loyal to him split off from the outlaws and follow the map they got from us. The outlaws celebrate by drinking and raping us, before they haul us back towards a nearby barter town where they can sell us. But our escaped leader tracks us and infiltrate's the outlaws' camp in the middle of the night. He manages to free my character before they figure out what's going on. A short but ferocious fight ensues, but even under these less-than-ideal circumstances, we outclass them. The lone female among them is the only one who manages to escape, as she phases into the ground and disappears.

So we gather all the equipment available and set out after our betrayer and other erstwhile teammates. Our leader is intent upon getting our map and key back, while my character is, of course, focused on saving her crush. We trail them for weeks, but they have a big head start on us. We talk to people at the places they've passed through and learn that our betrayer has sold his friend (our teammate who joined him) into slavery in order to get more supplies. There is some reason to believe that it might have been my character's crush who encouraged him to do this, presumably as a way to save her own skin, but it's not entirely clear. She is now intimate with our betrayer, and my character channels her rage at this into icy resolve.

We finally catch up with them at the weather station, where a big fight ensues. Few of us survive, but my character and her crush do, along with a girl with rabbit ears and obedient humanoid dog we picked up along the way. Our enemies are wiped out to the man. There are tearful hugs as my crush is welcomed back into the group, and when it's clear she's ashamed of what's happened, my character tells her that there's nothing for her to feel guilty about, and even if there were, she'd forgive her. It turns out we can't do what we need to do from this station, however, and we end up having to take the orbital tether to the space station that hovers above us. We have to deal with out-of-control robots up there, but we ultimately accomplish our mission after a few days. During this time, we rest in a storeroom, and my character's crush cuddles up to her and sleeps with her head on her shoulder. There's no sex or kissing, but she seems to welcome at least casual physical intimacy. It helps that the two remaining members of our team don't have an issue with this sort of thing. The dogman just wants to make everybody happy, and the rabbit girl is pretty uninhibited, and would probably jump in on a threesome if somebody invited her.

When we finally get everything fixed the way we want it, we're looking to get back down to Earth in escape pods, since we're been cut off from the tether by events. My character starts talking about what will happen when they get back to the village, and her crush says she's decided she doesn't want to go back there as she wants to escape her unpleasant past. My character starts crying and pleading for her not to go, asking what she can do to make her change her mind. But she just smiles and wipes away her own tears, saying she wants my character to come with her. She kisses her and tells her that she loves her, and says she's sorry she couldn't accept it sooner. She says this is weird for her and asks my character to be patient with her. My normally stoic character is absolutely bawling with joy and embracing her, and the campaign ends with the two of them climbing in a pod, setting the coordinates for somewhere on the far side of the planet, and rocketing away from the space station to start their new lives together.

The End.

Love is an abusive emotion. Just take all the symptoms of emotional abuse, and tune them down, and give them a romantic tilt by saying it's "love".
You want the approval of this person, so you try harder/do more when they're around.
You want this person to like you, so you try and fit their desires where you can.
You don't want this person to disapprove of you, so you hide/keep secret the things they might not like.
You want to be around this person, so if you split the party don't complain when you're put in the same group as them, or do, but instantly regret it.

At least that's how I plan on doing it if it ever happens... actually those last two things are how I'm hinting at my characters developing hero worship for the another character after being saved repeatedly, so like I said, unhealthy.

Not that I would know anything about love. That shits confusing and complex, but it seems super fun. Even unrequited love seems like a blast, seems like it would be a great emotional high.

Once I had a character who was an exiled nobleman whose only companions were the elf bodyguard he purchased (and caused him to get kicked out of his family's estate in the first place), and his adopted sister.

Over time he grew fond of his bodyguard, and in return she'd begin to act more kindly towards him, and after almost dying to an amorphous forest demon at the end of the campaign, he asked her hand in marriage out of the blue. She said yes and stuff.

>The outlaws celebrate by drinking and raping us, before they haul us back towards a nearby barter town where they can sell us.
See, that's what happens when you don't side with the people who actually help you like the big pack mule character. You only have yourself to blame.

You mean earlier, when the betrayer was still in our party, or right then? Because right then we were being held at gunpoint. Earlier is a bit more complicated, because it wasn't open warfare, and moving against our betrayer would have split the party. And given the shit we were up against, we needed all the help we could get. But tensions and distrust had encouraged/forced our betrayer to leave the group when we reached the very town we were being dragged back towards to be sold into slavery in the passage you quoted.

Our leader had actually tried to get my character to secretly assassinate our betrayer and take his equipment while we were still in town, because he thought we needed every advantage to succeed on the final leg of our mission, and we knew he had some useful shit. (I don't think that fear of him coming after us was given as a reason.) My character refused though, because while the guy came across as kind of a selfish, egotistical dick, he hadn't actually done anything to hurt us, and it didn't seem necessary. She thought the risk vs. reward was a bit iffy too.

Considering what ultimately happened, we obviously should have betrayed him first, though the whole episode does make it a bit hard to claim the moral high ground. But nobody who got (briefly) enslaved had sided against pack mule. Pack mule was a cool guy, and the final exchange before he died was my character saying, "This isn't necessary", and our betrayer shrugging it off with something like, "I disagree", or maybe, "I don't care."

Did you kill him in the end? What system did you play?

>Did you kill him in the end?
He was killed in the firefight at the weather control station, but I don't remember who exactly ended him. It may well have been my character, but it was an unusually confused melee and I just remember people running for cover and shooting in all directions. My favorite character in our group actually died in that battle. She started off as a really enthusiastically friendly and talkative character, but got a bit more... mature as time went by (and we went through hell), while still retaining her best qualities in good measure. She was a bro-tier friend to my character, though I think I've only mentioned her once (she was the one who was made uncomfortable early on by my character's affection for her crush). Ironically, my character's crush wasn't one of the more interesting characters in the game. Not that there was anything wrong with her, but she didn't have as much personality as some of the other characters. But she was beautiful and love is blind, and somewhere in the intersection of those two things (where they don't actually contradict each other) lies the reason my character was smitten with her.

>What system did you play?
It was a homebrew loosely based on the Gamma World setting. The actual rules weren't directly based on any particular game, though it did use a dice-as-attributes system similar to Savage Worlds.

Your group sounds very mature and fun to play with. I hope that having PvP sessions was not detrimental to the cohesion of the game.

We did a home campaign of Curse of Strahd, and for various reasons, Kasimir traveled with the party for a while and my rogue ended up really building a friendship with him, and eventually developed one-sided romantic feelings for him.

If you've played that campaign, you know exactly how happily that turned out. Kasimir got himself ghoul'd and then killed. My rogue campaigned to rez him, but even after Kasimir was brought back, shit was frosty and he left the party.

I went into it OOC knowing it wasn't going to end well, but my rogue was rekt.

Yes and no. It was in a setting with Fantasy Romans. I played a "barbarian" tavernwench who got picked up by an auxiliary who had left his legion after its destruction.

He taught her how to fight and they joined a mercenary company together. Timeskip a bit, they became a power couple but my barb' had lycantrophy affliction after a contract to fuck up some Lycans.

Roman guy had to keep her in a cage while he went out with the Party to find a cure. He eventually gets one from some witches.

He presents the cure to my character who was hesitant to take it after learning it came from. He assures her it will work. Convinced, she drinks it all down.

>with an unlucky roll of dice, she is fated to die.

She gets sicker by the day, fighting to purge the affliction. In her bed, she has a talk with Roman guy, held each other and died in his arms after telling him to

>"Stop crying, faggot."

He still lives and is still played today and eventually became a Duke.

It was actually a one-on-one deal with a fantastic GM. I'd go out on a limb and say it was better than any of the group games I've ever played in, and I've played in a whole bunch. (I can't really compare it to any of the games I've run though, because that's a whole different perspective.) It was a very targeted thing and ran like a limited-run miniseries rather than an open-ended television series that meanders around until it ultimately gets canceled (which is my usual experience with RPGs). I'm always ecstatic when a game actually runs its course rather than fizzling out in the middle of things, especially if it concludes things in a way that seems authentic and not contrived, because that pretty much never happens. And with this game, there was never a session where it felt like we just treading water. It was all exciting and important.

>No. I've never been a player in a long-running game, so I've never had a chance to have a character fall in love.

Your image helped me with some writer's block. Thanks.

Unless you're a British sailor... Then the thought of fifty six-foot bipedal crocodiles led by a trio of eighteen-footers Zerg Rush-ing over your gunwale in the dead of night is pure nightmare fuel.

But they're assholes, so they deserve it

Yeah
I was playing as a peasant turned paladin and from the very first session the DM mentioned a princess, and at that point I decided that I would try to not get with the princess because I was a peasant and didnt want to make it seem like I was after power
long short story my PC was separated from the party, and I was given the title of Champion
princess fell in love so I said fuck it, and they did, and she got pregnant don't worry there was no ERP
some time bullshit happened and first her father's curse was retconned so I became king because of that and she gave birth to a boy
then more time bullshit happened and I was retconned from ever existing, but a moment before I said to protect our son, and that saved him from never existing, and I put on a mask that turned me into a god as a last ditch effort to try and fight the evil time god
I honestly hated both the evil time god and the mask that makes you into a god, to all DMs don't intentionally put game breaking things into your games, its called game breaking for a reason
(1/2) post was just a little too long

but as a result from putting on a mask that turns me into a god, and being messed around with a time god, somehow the time god, the spirit of the mask, and my pc fused together and came back into existence
rescued wife and child with no memory of me, and wife notices that the child feels safe in my arms while I cry behind a mask, and I leave a note behind explaining who I am
she realizes it and says that im what she felt like was missing from her life
BBEG is defeated, time god takes BBEG, and the fusion of the mask and I to its dimension
Wife travels to time gods dimension and gives up her tarot card in exchange for getting me back this is apparently a persona reference, I dont know the significance of it. When I asked my DM if that means she gave up her soul or anything he only said that she only gave up the card
turned out that the evil time god just liked tarot cards, and collects them by taking things to its dimension or some bs, honestly I didnt pay much attention to the logistics, it was the last session
go home and become king(again), but thats not what my PC cared about at all, he just wanted to be with his wife and son

I had characters fall out of love. Usually followed by heavy drinking.

Not yet, and he probably wont.

Actually kind of a theme with two different characters I'm playing right now.

One is a street samurai in a Shadowrun game who is dating a mage she met while on a run. They currently share a room on the group's boat where they just enjoy each other's company even when they are doing things by themselves. They're at that particular stage in the relationship where no "I love you's" have been said, but both seem to be waiting for the other to say it first.

The other is an Exalted game. The Dawn-caste Solar is a woman who has been on the run from the Wyld Hunt after the Immaculate Order killed her family. She is currently trying to sort out her feelings of affection for the Eclipse Solar, the party's leader. She hasn't made a move yet but it's probably inevitable that she will.

No, but I did once play the husband of a married couple on the run. He was the human rogue of the party, she was a DMPC that basically did all of the parties chores, had the horses ready for a quick escape, set up camp, etc.
She was really upbeat and good for morale, and me and the DM had a blast acting like a lovey dovey young couple

My guy eventually died and she got depressed and mostly stopped talking. Shit was a bummer from beyond the grave

Elaborating on the tragedy a bit
The DM gave us a pair of rings that let the two communicate from long distance. It was handy for relaying shoppings lists, messages and errands for her to in town while we did plot shit.

My rogue was buried with one of the rings, and the DM would often have the wife mutter or listen to her ring, just to kill the mood from time to time

The setting is Dark Heresy.

Hive world smuggler (tetanus shots and water purification tablets sell like crack) meets high born feudal world guardswomen while saving her from the roof of a fort being overrun by a khornate warband. He receives a token of he affection, which he tucks under his armor over his heart.

Now poor smuggler boy doesn't realize he's pushing all the right buttons for a feudal worlder. He's dashing, charitable, faithful, and kills heretics with a smile. Due to his ignorance of feudal culture he doesn't even know how bad she has it for him.

The GM find this hilarious and decides to have the two engaged after he meets her parents (still in the dark at this point, he thought her father was simply asking him to keep her safe).

The rest of the group know but he doesn't, they've been planning the wedding behind his back and all he knows is there's going to be a celebration when they return. He even commented that the outfit he was going to wear might show up the others. They told him not to worry.