RIP JOSEF BUGMAN

It saddens me to think that Ol Josef Bugman and his band of rangers aren't drinkin and kicken ass anymore. What other characters and things do you miss from the old world? I guess this is just a whfb lore nostalgia thread.

Drachenfels never dies

Grombrindal is still active.

>AoS
>Endtimes
>canon

We couldn't protect that smile Veeky Forums

I miss Gotrek and Felix.

Never understood the appeal of these two guys. What's the point in two characters who are so overpowered that they are never really in danger and who can survive anything?

Wow they're almost like EVERY MC EVER. And you've obviously never read their books.

Also Skarsnik and Gobbla, Every Lizardman character that isn't Kroak. Settra and Kahlida etcetera.

Don't be bitches. Fantasy was a shit setting and never amounted to anything of note. All it had was mary sues all over the fucking place and shitty factions with one trope that they stood by until the fucking end. The only cool thing was the Empire, but even then it was a fucking joke of griffons and frilly shirts.

AoS beat Fantasy out of the water, and the sales show it. I fucking hate people who can't let go of this shit.

Bretonnia

I'm sorry what where the faction in AoS again? They're all so forgettable.

I'm being serious I have actually forgotten some of the factions.

Space marines, orks, chaos space marines and err nature and shit?

I read the second one after being told it was the best. It's just pure powerwank with Gotrek swinging his axe and everyone dropping dead around him. Fine if you like DBZ-tier characters but I found the book boring desu.

Also I'm talking about the factions they've released stuff for. Not just the stuff they can't be bothered replacing because they realized that they made a terrible mistake and didn't actually know what the fuck they where doing with this AoS aside from Space Mehreens in fantasy.

That's what happens when someone who is actually good at fighting is sent against a bunch of cowardly rats. But I see your point and shall respect your opinion by calling you a fag.

>r, and the sales show it
[citation needed]

Actually he does, quite a bit compared to other characters.

That's what Gotrek does, Felix is the main character.

>It's just pure powerwank with Gotrek swinging his axe and everyone dropping dead around him.

Considering that Gotrek is a slayer meaning that he needs something to fucking kill him already, him not being able to find something that can kill him is actually pretty bad for him.

Are stormcast really that popular? They seem to be the only faction getting continually updated.

I do miss Estalia.
But they've barely been a thing since 3rd ed. Warhammer Fantasy Battles.
And even then they had been reduced to provide Allies or Mercenaries for the main human armies.

It would have been nice if they released dedicated stuff for Estalia, Tilea, Kislev and the Chaos Dorfs.

Cathay never.

>two characters that are overpowered
>two
Idiot.

t. Age of Sigmar writer

I am going to miss this fuck-up

Best female character in fantasy

>Screws up constantly
>Every tells her she's an idiot
>Somehow saves the day by fucking up so much it messes up the villains plans

>They seem to be the only faction getting continually updated
Plenty of minor factions just get updated with new abilities in General's Handbook 2017 and can be used in Firestorm Campaign.
Nearly no new models - it's the biggest problem. SCE are a brand new faction so everything GW release for them is new - derp. Other factions just have to use their old models but GW already teased new stuff for next year and few armies will get new models with the Shadespire game.
Still, nearly all factions are playable in 1000pts games on their own or can be used as allies in other armies - sure you will not play gitmob grots as a separate army but running two big blocks of them is a good way to have a ranged support for ironjawz.
Don't believe all maymays posted on Veeky Forums - it's a good game if you want a quick and fun skirmish game and nice community. With new novels even the no lore meme is actually dead now

Thanquol is endearing for similar reasons.
It takes a special kind of fuck up to single handedly summon one of the most powerful daemons in existence, and do it completely by accident

What's the lore like btw? A lot of the marketing revolves around the stormcast Eternals but are there still human cities with skaven in the sewers and goblins and beastmen in the woods? Or does each race remain in its own plane of existence and only emerges for battle?

I read the books starting with that chaos invasion till Giant Slayer and agree with user.
It's always Felix whining about how strong the enemy is and then they defeated them anticlimactic.
It's not well written and Gotreks plot armor, even if it is established as in story power, is still just jarring to read.

Thanquol is my ratta

They're GW's MEQ Posterboys for fantasy.

>Or does each race remain in its own plane of existence and only emerges for battle?
That sounds so goddamn fucking boring. I wouldn't even call that a "setting".
>so people have their armies, right
>and anyone can fight anyone else, because it's a game, right
>so let's build the world around the idea of eternal free-for-alls

The death of lore.

>Shadespire
>70$ for 8 monopose models
>Sigmarines and Khornites

>AoS
>skirmish
>good

>unrinocall shilling so hard on Veeky Forums while hating it.

I wish CA would get their asses in gear and put Legendary Heroes into the game

>Vermintide
>no single mentions of the best vampire durring the whole DLC

>implying Saltzpyre's autism could handle that

She was a damn hero

you pretty much nailed why I just use the rules but in my head the setting is still the old world. It makes the fights feel cheap and meaningless if they just pour out from the fantasy warrior version of walmart to duke it out

At least you can play three of those with total warhams mods. That's about it.

Every single named Orc and Goblin character... except fucking Grimgore.

Whurzag was at least fun, Grimgore being push during 6th as "the best there ever was", and for it to only get worse as the GW train hurtled downhill through Storm of Chaos and the End Times was pretty annoying.

I love Grom. I really hope that he'll eventually make it to TWW so the fat bastard and his Waaagh can leave a trail of wanton destruction across the empire and Ulthuan.

Agreed that Grimgor is a grimderp bore. He sounds like he was written by a 13-year old.

>Still, nearly all factions are playable in 1000pts games
But who the fuck want to play one unit-spam?

Grimm Burloksson, between his adding 6" to the range of my thunderers or quarrelers he could heal d3 to any warmachines and I was planning to keep him in my KO force as a second mechanic, now I can only use the shitty cogsmith as the engineer is also dead

There are multiple realms with multiple world a and multiple inhabitants all of which either change rapidly or are zealously defended by said inhabitants the only realms like that are the ones owned by the gods but only just recently did Sigmar ignite his entire realm to purge all traces of chaos and even then it wasn't a complete success

There aren't just let me just sit here for eighty gazillion years until the next crusade

perhaps my favourite of all time happened to be released at the end and died in the end times book, Canto the Unsworn, a cowardly chaos warrior that hated the gods attention and ran away from Gotrek lol.

Honestly, any character could come back as an anniversary model.

But it wouldn't have the iconic look, it'd be a boring resculpt sold for $50.

Like Slambo.

>Don't be bitches. Fantasy was a shit setting and never amounted to anything of note.

You mean other than causing the creation of 40k and directly inspiring all fantasy tabletop and vidya that came after, including Everquest and World Of Warcraft on top of Jackson Lord Of The Rings?

But don't worry, I'm "sure" AoS won't be some some nerdshit lost in a sea of other things that will never be mainstream like Warmahordes and Malifaux.

AoS sucks because the lore is garbage, not the rules.

They could "resurrect" Fantasy using the same rules and the new models as added factions (Sigmar's Daemons, Dwarfs from the north, Southlands Orcs, and Khornates from the east) and most of the asspain would instantly vanish.

But as long as those rules are married to an abortion of a setting, it'll always be DOA for Fantasy fans.

My theory (which I found was essentially proven right) that I long suspected that Thanquol truly is the most favoured of the horned rat, he is all the best and worst skaven traits combined and even though he dies apparently he is now in AoS

Salty is only autistic about rats.

That's why he hasn't killed Sienna. True Witchhunters would BLAM her, Kruber for insulting Witchhunters, Kerillian on suspicion of spreading heresy, then kill rats alone since there's no way Best Ranger would tolerate that shit.

First of all, that "Mortal Realms out of nowhere" is bullshit. The setting itself isn't very engaging. Then there's the fact that they fast-forwarded it way, waaay past the somewhat interesting unification/reclamation age, which would have made this a fresh backdrop for battles. But no. They had a new setting and instantly made it old in the backstory, with all the interesting stuff already happened and over, at the brink of destruction with Chaos having already won everywhere and infested everything and the "good guys" just fighting to prolong their survival, as always.
Instead of "Can Sigmar unite the worlds and keep Chaos out?" we get "Oh look, another End Times on the distant horizon already."

Why are you telling me that?

I know AoS lore is trash and said so in my post.
The rules are okay. Nothing amazing, and badly balanced when anyone brings their newly released and unpainted minis, but better balanced for old factions than most WFB editions.

But that lore is so terrible, and the new models so unappealing, it doesn't deserve internationally recognized currency.

>The rules are okay.
>unbalanced
>borring to play in small point format and unplayable in large points format
> literally no melee
>and literally no reason to pick instead of 40k 8th edition

40k shouldn't be played because its 40k, which has even worse lore, rules bent to new factions, and models than AoS.

I also said they aren't amazing. They're workable, they get the job done. But the rules are not the problem with Age of Sigmar, Age of Sigmar is whats wrong with Age of Sigmar.
Having decent instructions for cooking and eating dog shit doesn't make it not dog shit they expect you to eat.

They're Space Marines in sheer GW obsession. No elves, nerfing whatever can beat them, etc

Yes they are.

You can literally grab their rules, grab a mate (force them) and play any of the old rules or old games. They're still around and kicking.

Nu-GW (tm) didn't send cyber-Duncan to kick my ass and take away my Empire army or my 6e rulebook or my many oldhammer novels.

That said, I like both AoS and WHFB. AoS has a more sandbox setting and is easier to jump into, but I liked the depth of WHFB, and all the old psychology rules. And the scratchbuilt terrain. Damn I miss it when they scratchbuilt it all.

He means the character is dead.

Not the fucking game. Playing a $200+ entry game just for gameplay is like buying $60 soup because you love the bowl.

>40k shouldn't be played because its 40k,
Oh shut up, 40k are much better than AoS, even with Guilliman returns
>, they get the job done.
SUre, they did such a good job, that AoS ruleset literally worse than any GW or non-GW games.
>Nu-GW (tm) didn't send cyber-Duncan to kick my ass and take away my Empire army or my 6e rulebook or my many oldhammer novels.
Oh, hello redshirt

Pretty sure that Dark Souls game has the worst gameplay of any tabletop.

This is the slavshitposter. Ignore him.

Victor is surprisingly bro tier, honestly.
Things like hiring Kruber to give him a chance to visit his family are a good contrast to his exterior.
He's also good natured enough to wear stupid hats if he loses a bet.

>le boogeyman slav
Not an argument, my friend.
He just party's tsundere

Dark Souls are board game, while I've talked about wargames

Isn't Karl Sigmar now?

None cares

>I'm sorry what where the faction in AoS again?

I will now school you in the rich tapestry that makes up the expanded Sigmar universe. By the end you will see that the quaint and generic world of Fantasy just doesn't compare

>Stormcast Eternals

Great warriors empowered by Sigmar to fight Chaos.

>Fyreslayers

Gotrek got turned into Gold, and now his sons get naked so they can make it all back.

>Stormcast Eternal Extremis Chamber

>Starfast Actuaries

Wizards empowered by mirrors who use hyperlogical strategies to undermine the economics of Chaos

>Skullsplitter Co-Operative Movement of Mork

Orruks who fight using collectivist principles.

>Everchosen

Archaon.

>Swifthawk Agents

Gotta go fast

Stormcast Eternal Varguard Chamber

The body was Karl's now there's only Sigmar

Most of the Bretonnian characters - Tristan le Troubadour, Bohemond Beastslayer, guys like that. Also Gorfang Rotgut, Kouran Darkhand, Azhag the Slaughterer, and a few other favorites of mine from short stories that no one cares about.

But what I really miss was how the setting at least tried to feel like it was a realistic world, with trade and politics and a variety in the social fabric through religious groups and political factions, even when as a whole the setting was focused on little more than an excuse for armies to clash. The fact that it tried makes it a lot better than some settings, even if it had to bend over backwards to explain some of its parts.

Like you've played non-GW wargames.

>Like you've played non-GW wargames.
Played Malifaux, X-wing, Infinity, Dystopian Wars and tried Warmachine (2nd edition) with Mantic (Kings of War)

I miss my Dogs of War.

So one wargame and one WFB knockoff, plus a shitload of skirmish games.

>Press F to pay-pledge respects

>plus a shitload of skirmish games.
And AoS isn't skirmish?
>and one WFB knockoff,
Look who is talking!

You called it a wargame, not me.

Also I never said anything positive about it. Just that the rules aren't the reason its an absolute garbage fire. They're just mediocre, the reason its utter shit is the lore and new models.

Skrolk is better-superior.

>Just that the rules aren't the reason its an absolute garbage fire.
Except the rules are also garbage, and there is literally no reason to pick it instead of another games.
>They're just mediocre
Sure, just like models, am I right, redshirt?

AoS is dead, buddy. Deader than WHF even.

>The lore and models are shit, the rules are mediocre
>"Y-Y-Y-YOU REDSHIRT!

Do you even know the difference between who you're against and who is on your side anymore?

AND THEY FUCKING MURDER-KILLED HIM TOO

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And they are mediocre because..?

Dunno, really

Space marines
Bloodgoresomething
Cogfop dwarves
Mirror gay dwarves

So, who is laughing now, warhammer-boi?

But there is no AoS community IRL.

Ah the chant of the whfb fag. If I say it's dead then it must be dead!

There are too many. Try to scroll through the factions category on GW's site, it's confusing as fuck.

None of the factions are well developed or established at all, and are just random hodgepodges

I got you covered senpai

I don't know much about it but from what I've gathered, each faction fights for the planes or some shit but they're also all over the place as well. They released some heroquest thing with Chaos agents working in the Order faction's capital called Hammerhal or something so I mean there's still every faction in every realm.

Pretty sure Skaven are even more stupid now, they've got some cosmic tunnel bullshit that runs between realms so they can turn up anywhere at all that they want.

But yeah most of the fluff until the upcoming ttrpg game is just about the big factions fighting for the realms.

you got the Skarnik and Gobbla version?

They aren't absolutrly horrible.

We aren't /v/, there are categories other than "best ever" and "worst ever".

The current rules are basic and easy to understand, and do have a degree of strategy, so they aren't frustrating. The problem is they aren't engaging, don't require very much strategy beyond the basics, and as a result are dull.
They're basic. That's their strength and weakness at the same time, forgettable but not painful. Decent but dull.

Bad rules would be ridiculously balanced at its core, confusing and overcomplicated, and more frustrating than enjoyable.

I genuinely felt bad when I read about Queek and Ska getting old and almost blind. At least he died in battle and managed to break the stalemate at K8P.

Is there one for Cathay/Nippon/Ind?

I've seen all three, don't have them though. Maybe someone else will post them.