Cool Town Art Thread

Guys, i need inspiration for interesting/somwhat unique towns/cities. Can I get some art?

I'll post what i got too but its not much

Not at my computer but once I finish PT and a meeting with my Captain I'll come back and dump so good environmental art I use for a custom planet in 40k alright.

awesome, thank you

Should mention I'm not the user who replied earlier but I have a few things.

I got most of mine from a wallpaper thread. So deal with the fact that I have no sources.

I know this is RL, but it always gets my creative juices flowing. Just imagine an entire city that was GROWN, every room, every building, is a living breathing entity. And it works for both fantasy and sci fi.

Always loved how comfy this town looks. My favorite playmat has the art of it.

>huge open cavern with basically normal buildings
>copious amounts of lava
I really hate this design for dwarves.

Agreed, but if you think about it unless you use a cutaway it's really hard to get a sense of the city as a whole without it, simply by virtue of being subterranean.

you could have it be water instead, useful for forging and other dwarves activities and still helps with the sense of scale.

I kind of assumed you were more taking umbrage with the large underground expanse than the lava.

i must go slumber, if the thread is still up later I'll dump some more.

I'm not the same user my issue ou'd the fact that its an oven.

Grabbed a lot of stuff from the thread, contributing.

>A wall on the edge of a cliff
but why though...

Prevent surprise attack from some crazy motherfuckers scaling the cliff (implausible), give actual outposts/facilities that don't stare straight at a mountain, prevent children from falling off, and if it's a setting with the potential for aerial attack, it'd be really nice to have an actual defensive line they have to get past instead of a few points they can go between. Even though they can just go over it, that's less fun when there's a wall of arrows coming at you as opposed to an arrow pincer that would be easier to evade and for that you don't want your soldiers in the streets or you make your civilians part of the target are.

The crumbling of the wall would give you a heads up that erosion was about to take part of your city soon.