How do /yourguys/ feel about Primaries Marines?

How do /yourguys/ feel about Primaries Marines?

Ambivalent.

How so

/mydudes/ are remnants of the Iron Knights. In the canon a chunk of their chapter went renegade so the rest of them formed disorganised companies and embarked on penitent crusades. As they can't replenish their numbers until they've earned the Emperor's forgiveness they've got a strong core of veterans but very depleted scout companies. They're unable to use Primaris Marines because of their crusade, so they probably view them as an omen troubled times ahead. They're a sign of new technologies and a shifting balance, whereas the Iron Knights are using centuries old equipment fighting a war millennia old.

my dudes are imperial guardsmen who love their job

big guys with big guns who help kill evil guys are always welcome, since it means they have a higher chance of not dying

>not wanting to die for glory and the Emperor

Most of my dudes have never even seen a manlet marine due to being guardsmen drafted from a trash planet

Not a trashy planet, but a literal celestial body made of piles and piles of junk.

Go on

Nice minis, retarded lore. Just like almost(sometimes it's ugly minis and retarded lore) everything in 40k.

Snapfit revolution.

Really?

Well alright then.

Condensed summary:

Industrial planet uses junk planet as a place to banish malcontents of all sorts to. The surface sucks and is poisonous, but the token attempts at underjunk settlements, usually the remnants of half a ship or something, tend to be invaded by hostile fauna that crawl up from somewhere deep beneath.

Eventually a Techpriest Magos decides he wants to check the junk planet out for some archeotech and turns the junk planet from a penal colony to something that can at least be a jumping off point for expeditions.

Work goes smoothly for half a century until the Magos finds out about a big thing down below that he's been looking for. To the amazement of all, instead of going after it once he locks onto where it is, he calls the whole thing off and fucks off.

One of the Magos's companions is curious at what the thing was, and doesn't want to fuck off yet, so he and his acolytes feign their deaths and hide out in the colony. Magos and friends fuck off, and rogue techies get to work where the Magos left off.

Big problem. The deeper you go, the worse the critters get, and heavily armed mutants also live deep down below.

Solution. Turn native populace into an army and engineer force to start making their way slowly, steadily down. Population actually explodes as tech priests commit damn near tech heresy building up this planet with bits and bobs of millenia old trash.

A five hundred years later and rogue techpriest's heir, who is older than shit and half bonkers (compared to the average martian) finally thinks he's getting close, when the territory governor knocks down the door.

1/2

2/2

My what a fine operation this is, he says, and how secretive it us. Would be a shame if some higher ups found out. But my, what a nice army you have.

Natives have been doing the slow work of clearing out tunnels with heavy mechanized gear crafted out of whatever can be scrapped and salvaged, since open soldiers don't last long without something to dive inside in the tunnels. Hard life also makes hard men; good soldier stock, governor figures.

Governor says let's make a deal. You give me regiments that I pretend are part of my normal tithe, and I keep you secret.

What can the techpriest cult do but accept?

Of course, the tithe means that the era of expansion is over, and now since they have to give away so many soldiers the Techpriest is seeing the big secret thing go further and further away from his grasp right when he almost had it.

So much for a condensed summary.

>Tyranids
You know those King Size Candy Bars and how excited you are when you get to have one? Like that.

>Genestealer Cult
Considering Space Marines are already a major threat to any insurrection, Primaris are just even worse than that.

Dying for the Emperor in glory is best when you have taken the most of those bastards aligned against him as possible in the smartest manner possible.

My dudes ARE primaris marines. They think they're pretty sweet.

Greatest release in the history of GW. Full stop.
Manlet purge when?

The sooner the better.

>Play Sons of Horus/Black Legion
Look forward to what the Imperial Dogs have as thier final play to stop our victory in the Long War.
>Rape the fuck out of the first Primaris army I face.
Well, shit.

/mydudes/ most likely won't even survive to the Age of Guilliman.

OP isn't asking for your thoughts in the models or whatever. Asking for what /yourdudes/ think of them

Dark Angels.

Probably don't trust them to be honest, may let a few of the deathwing or veterans become Primaris marines but thats it I think. I doubt they'll really use them.

I do own some Aggresors though, the plan is that primaris have allowed the Dark Angels to reform the Dreadwing, thinking of painting them the same colours of the Star Phantoms since the theory is the Dreadwing reformed into them after the codex.

Any other ideasof colours for them?

How come?

They don't trust them. They view them as an attempt to influence the chapter's culture and turn them more in line with what Guilliman and the High Lords would want. However they are severely understrength so they don't have much choice.

My Blood Ravens could use the back up, but might be more interested in some armour rather than more foot sloggers.

My guardsmen might not even have noticed that some of the beefy power amoured dudes that they rarely see got beefier.

My khornatE dude would probably think something along the lines of "RAWRADAADAWR MUH BLOOD! MUH SKULLS!"

Do the Primaris additions want to bro out, protect the citizens of the Imperium, and purge the xenos, the heretic, and the mutant?

If so, then come on in.

>Alpha Legion

Well, we've had them longer. Just couldn't start using them til Bobby came back.

Distrustful and unlikely to accept (or receive, they're not exactly an important chapter) Primaris reinforcements.
The chapter has a very large influence from the more conservative elements of the Mechanicus due to a larger than average Techmarine contingent thus Cawl's blasphemous hordes aren't going to fare well.

I might grab a Primaris Librarian just to have fun imagining the entire chapter lining up to backstab him.

They might not even know they exist. They're a fragmented remains of a Chapter that lost pretty much everything but the ability to make humans into space marine scouts, who wonder a far flung sector of the Imperium as bards and troubadours, while also defending the people from xenos, mutants, etc, gathering en masse only in response of great threats, or once every decade for a festival and to bring new recruits to the remnants of their chapter monastery.

/MYDUDES/ are orks so they cant really tell the difference and haven't been paying attention.

>To the amazement of all, instead of going after it once he locks onto where it is, he calls the whole thing off and fucks off.

That sounds like he's planning to take the entire planetoid apart to get at what he wants.

>Death Guard

Pretty sure Mortarion's not a fan.

I hoped they would have been released as truescale versions of the normal marines. instead of being super marines

My admech dudes don't really care about the primaris marines. They care about how they were made. They all agree that cawl is a fucking fag though.

Some back story because fuck it: The solar system itself contains about 3 forge worlds, each are counted as sister planets as they are all orbiting a gas giant.
Each forge world had 4 arch-magos, each arch magos serves on the council of 13, and each arch-magos hates the others and constantly tries to back stab them. (Get the reference?)
The forge world is sitting of a treasure trove of new STC and as a result they got higher quality stuff compared to other FWs. But the arch-magos are too busy with the back stab conga line to actually do anything.

/mydudes:
> Tyranids - more biomass
> Highly successful subversive genestealer cult - pretend to admire them, probably fear them but can't tell the difference between them and regular marines
> Necron destroyer cult lead by a mad overlord - They hate all living things and probably look down on primaris as an inferior races inferior attempts at making necrons.
> Dark Eldar pirate band infested by the previously mentioned genestealers - Consider them dangerous, stupid and ultimately inferior brutes, but respect their abilities in combat

My dude's are a bit assblasted at being fucking midgets, but their damage 2 weapons aren't wasted now, so it's all good.

Bigger targets are always better

I AM my dudes. They all have metaknowledge bitch. Let me forge my narrative.
Manlet purge when

My Stormtrooper regiment, who already basically hate humanity and think they're barely worth protecting, see the Primaris as the worst kind of heresy and perversion of the Emperor's will; as such they immediately dive straight off the deep end into Khorne's willing grasp.

>3x4=13?

>each arch magos serves on the council of 13, and each arch-magos hates the others and constantly tries to back stab them. (Get the reference?)
Skaven?

Why stop there? Keep adding, more organs, more advanced armour, more tech-heresy
I play a renegade-but-not-darkmech forgeworld

>My Space Hulk Marine Chapter doesn't see them as real member cause they don't carry the fucked up Geneseed that has become the pride of their Chapter.
So, like, inbred hick Marines but with the "blood purity" attitude of inbred royalty, or...?

Ye. I saw the while council of 13 thing and thought that's be a cool idea for a forge world.

The 13 thing spot is reserved for the Omnissah.

Havnt played my cadians led by creed in years. Rip cadia. Am now dg and primaris marines so all is radical.

My Inquisitor if he's still alive after the time jump (or his identical descendant) sees them as bandage on a massive hemorrhage, but has already requisitioned some because he "knows a guy"

My Chaos thinks that recent events are merely a precursor to the final extinguishing of the stars and that as the final darkness approaches the line between friend and foe gets blurrier. But that's how they feel about fucking everything.

My Admech still believe that Volkite weaponry is humanities greatest invention and tool and that any research into something otherwise is merely a fools errand.

My Space Hulk Marine Chapter doesn't see them as real members cause they don't carry the fucked up Geneseed that has become the pride of their Chapter.

My Space Hulk Genestealers see them as newer, tastier meat.

And my Imperial Guard basically see them as walking corpses, such is life in Imperium.

it was the last straw that made him and his squad defect to Chaos, the despair of not feeling needed anymore fueling them to Nurgle's side

Can you go more into detail? This sounds legit interesting

Actually tribals from a Mesoamerican civilization on a Jungle Death-world. The gene-seed for the chapter keeps fucking up and giving them serpentine features such as pale, plate-like skin, fangs, and a malfunctioning Betcher's gland that works more of a potent neurotoxin than acid spit.

Theyre a bunch of necrons who worship a necron shard thats now made of pure energy and who's goals are to use life as a resource since they, themselves cannot be replaced. So big boys with big guns that could be turnt into bigger pariahs is perfect for them.

not possessed enough

They don't exist.

they started out as a small squad that belonged to a friend of mine's homebrew chapter, the Blades of Ultramar. The sergeant, captain Castor Ghur, being the leader of this small squad of 6 people, was a firm believer and follower of the Imperial code, and felt blessed beyond words that he had been chosen as a child to become one of the emperors "grandsons". When Guilleman was brought back and stepped out into the folds of the Imperium, he and his squad-mates shed tears of joy that their Gene-father had returned to unite them all.

But, not long after his return, he revealed the Primaris to the world, and this severely shook their perspective of things. They, whom had spent centuries upon centuries fighting for the emperor and guilleman, were now to be replaced by another set of warriors, much much closer to their gene-father And the emperor than they were. His joy at seeing his Gene-father returning turned bitter and sour, festering into hatred and despair. One night, he heard whispers in the hull of their great Fortress-Monestary, and followed them to a part of the fortress not often visited. There, the voice no longer whispered, but spoke loudly, telling him that it understood how hurt he was, that he could make him much more powerful than the Primaris. In his addled state of mind, he accepted, and invited the mark of Nurgle on his palm.

Slowly, he learned of what the mark meant, and found himself liking what he learned of what could be his new Father. As such, he took his time and corrupted three of his squad-mates to Nurgle's vision of things, and on a joint mission with a Squad of Primaris marines, they sabotaged the comms and Killed their comrades, Primaris and former team-members alike.

They escaped the planet and flew towards a small hive-world, soon to be swallowed by a festering warp-storm. Once the storm had passed, Castor Ghur was no more. Ghurgor, the Pestilent and his band of plague was left emerging.

So, my chapter's based out of the Imperium Nihilus (kind of being used as the 'cleaners'/'dogs' of Imperial rule - think Minotaurs that don't like what they're doing), so they see the Primaris Marines in THEIR HERALDRY (THE NERVE!) as yet another overstep by the High-Lords, and wind up using them in faux-legionary, heavy-casualty missions that the Primaris hate, and the two sides resent each other. The Chapter's just recreated their same relationship with the High-Lords all over again in micro.

As the Primaris get broken in and bitter -realizing that no matter what you do, you're going to wind up dead on some shithole for no good reason - the remainder of the other marines start to accept them/start to undergo the primaris transformation themselves, until (at the setting of Dark Imperium) they're integrated and equally pissed at the old vets that sent them off to die and the High Lords that give the vets bad missions to begin with.

So, mutually joined in antipathy.

I'm mulling over if there should be an attempted revolt, and how it should be dealt with (not the first time in the Chapter's history).

Think the attitudes of actual marines/soliders in a combat zone: "Why the fuck are we fighting in this dumb shithole when the xenos next door are enslaving humans?"

"The fuck do I know Gary? I just got the orders"

So it's the coven of twelve?

Have you decided wht the ((thing)) is?

No, since the mystery makes it ominous.

At one point I thought it should be a time machine of some sort though. To be specific, the other side of a wormhole that's spitting out lost craft.

One end of a time machine*

On some level it doesn't matter entirely what it is

My fluff is probably deeply sue-ish I know but whatever, my lot are all Emperors children spat out of the warp 10,000 year post heresy. Attitudes to Ultramarine and Iron hand primaris are... predictable and vice versa. Although their small fief lies a long way past the great galactic rift they've had a couple of run-ins with the Primaris. The EC's despise them because they are sadly more perfect, faster stronger and better and few things generate worse feelings than those of jealousy.

But as long as they stay away from the EC's creepy uncanny valley 'perfect' worlds then there is unlikely to be much conflict.

It's a portal to the Mortal realm in AoS, do it!

Cahs grab, and aside from hell basters they are crap on the table as well.

This edition is all about MSU, these guys look scary with their 2 wounds and bolt rififles, but with the amount of 2 wound weapons out there they are crap. For almost the same price you get ten regular marines that last longer and have more flexibility.
GW should have said, these are true scale marines. And kitted them the same as the tac marines and been done with it.

Borderline tech heresy, but my forge world has close relations with a marine chapter so we overlook it for their sake.

> implying the primaris weren't "gifted" to the chapter

Odd split
Some believe Primaris marines are exactly what they need following a remarkably horrible defeat at the hands of chaos cutting their forces in half.
Others think they're just another thing waiting to go wrong. Being untested in combat means these new marines could be more susceptible to danger and beyond everything else possesion.

>Mix of NL and DA geneseed loyalists
They're cool. It's just better marines for them. They didn't recieve any from the original Primaris so theirs are born and bred in the Chapter, no problem with their geneseed's secret.

Can someone confirm/deny this nugget of info I found in 1d4chan ?

>The Blood Ravens get their own entry in the "Unknown Foundings" section of the Codex, coincidentally confirming that they've been "gifted" a handful of Primaris Marines. It is suggested that the Ordo Malleus may know who their Primogenitor chapter is, but the records that they have are sealed.

you're half right

They feel sorry for them because they can't bring plasma in their troop choices.

Too much flesh.
Redemptor dread makes my guys drool though.

I'd prefer for the enemies to die for the glory of the emperor.

Prima-what nows? More a bunch of frikkin' Primadonnas.

Pissed as heck. Remnants of the 2nd Company led by Captain Sicarius who've watched their noble escutcheon as the biggest Mary Sue tier heroes get forgotten about by a populace who have just started kissing MkX boots instead of MkVII. They were lost in the warp and replaced, rather than searched for. Now they're bitterbois and want to restore the good name of the actually Astartes Space Marines, who were the saviours of the Imperium and the servants of the Emperor of Mankind rather than genetic heresies wrought to serve a cyborg created by alien necromancers masquerading as the will of the Emperor.

They are still inferior to Fabius Bile's children.

To be fair 8th edition is such a big series of changes that the first game or few games should have been pretty much pure luck, especially now that positioning has next to zero importance.

Overjoyed at the surplus of marines that have saved the Chapter from extinction, but somewhat baffled at how old some of the Primaris are and that these new marines have not shared the common struggles of the fleet or fear of gene-seed degredation.

Some friendships and marines are mostly friendly, but there's lots of silence. Nobody knows what to say and those that do, aren't sure if they should say it.

I run salamanders so obviously they'd be suspicious of them and definitely wouldn't consider them gene brothers. I think they would of course still fight along side them as fellow marine's. But if they ever wore salamanders hearldry or called them selves sons of vulkan they'd get thier shit kicked in.

Deeply distrusted and suspicious. The Chapter has operated on the outer borders of the Imperium throughout its history, and suddenly being "gifted" a bunch of complete strangers in shiny new armour hasn't gone over well.

My Dynasty is off on the bum end of nowhere and has had relatively few encounters with any sort of Marine. Up until recently they were under the impression that Astartes were a naturally occurring phenomenon, a "warrior" caste
of the human species much as bees have. The revelation that they're an unnatural creation has been a subject of great interest to the Crypteks, who already focus much of their efforts on understanding the younger races, and the introduction of Primaris would doubtless have the tombworld abuzz with excitement (such as Necrons are capable of, anyway) over the chance to study changes to this unnatural xenoform as they're being rolled out.

Of course, getting their claws on one to study is no simple matter...

my guys are still waiting for their shipment of chads to arrive. being on the wrong side of the Cicatrix Maladictum does not improve delivery time

That's not how salamanders work. More like, NEW PEOPLE TO SHOW FIRE TO! They're a chapter full of bros, it's literally in their geneseed. They should get along swimmingly

Your right. I had to remember some stuff its been awhile since I gave a fuck about 40k or touched my army desu.

More interfering dogs of the corpse Emperor, impeding the Great Work that will call the Holy Father to judge all and reward his Sons with eternal unity with Him.

Yeah, I was under this impression too.

>Does it seem to you like those gue'la are getting bigger?
>Whatever, they're still smaller than XV8s
>*laughs in weeaboo space communist*

Pretty sure gravis is bigger.

The Order Of Discord (/mydudes/) started as a Primaris chapter, but recognized the flexibility baseline Astartes brought to the field.

While the 2nd through 9th companies remain mostly Primaris in composition, the veteran 1st company is on the other hand exclusively baseline. Without the Primaris enhancements, they have but their raw skill and wargear to tip the balance, and by default are highly respected by the chapter.

what

Delectable and can feed a carnifex for a couple hours.

Do you not get it? He was trying to make a funny about how the alpha legion had always had primarus marines but couldn't field them till Papa Smurf woke up.

Is that actual fluff?

Better helmets.

I don't know who likes the old helmets with their fake mouths

Fuck If I know

Are you retarded?

Honestly? They don't really trust them. They see them as tampering with Empy's work, trying to replace the old guard, Guilliman trying to make his own personal Astartes force, etc.

BIG Marines have BIG guts

My guys are Necrons from near Ultramarine territory.
They hate them.

>Trying to reclaim a tomb world
>Ultrafaggots show up
>Eradicate them
>BIGGER ultrafaggots show up
>Whatthefuck.hieroglyph
>Have to waste twice the shots on the same number of ultraqueers

They're salty as fuck.

THEY'RE TURNING INTO FUCKING SNAKES!

My dudes are on the edge of the galaxy, in the middle of one of the new warp storms, in the Imperium Nihilus. They have no fucking idea what a Primaris is, but they sure would like some help with the almost continuous daemon invasion they've been fighting for the last hundred years

/myguys/ are Guard. They don't really understand the difference that much. They're sure happy to have a few boys the size of AFVs around, though.