Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1767: Anywhere the Wind Blows Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomicbooksonline.net/the-incredibles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So... let's have Wakfu drama!
Does anyone have a Wakfu build to share? Maybe some writefagging where they slut-shame a little NTR'ing slut?

drop in still has to choose a race,there are no humans in Wakfu.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

(You).

I'm on the fence as to whether that makes the setting better or worse?

And what it does or does not say about the French?

What's the most common and popular houserule?

>Maybe some writefagging where they slut-shame a little NTR'ing slut?
I just hooked up Yugo with someone else. Although I'm not sure who'd be the best waifu for Yugo. Anyone got any suggestions?

No drawback limits I think. If it's not /the/ most common, it's pretty up there.

Different user but: Read the last thread and it'll make sense to you.

No humans? Is the first sentence of the description for Eliatropes in the Race section wrong then?

Also user's spoiler says it's a house rule that drop-in is completely literal in their chain, so potatoes got invoked.

Honestly it's more efficient to create the waifu yourself. That's what I do.

The Heaven's Feel can probably do stuff like fuck with Origins and Elements considering that stuff has to do with the soul.

Maybe substantiating other forms of spiritual entities, like how Heroic Spirits were a thing the Grail copied from the Throne and made into Servants.

Angra Mainyu was the physical manifestation of evil after all, so it could potentially make other accumulations of soul-related phenomena physical. Maybe after 1000's of years it could make NPs? They are the crystallization of legends.

rolled a 2:Bonta
Rolled age:1 D8=1+10 equals eleven years old
guardian -400
eliatrope -300
Expert Dungeonering -300 Discounted for Guardian
Shushu weapon: a pair of glasses Which can emit a glow that that make people faint harmlessly Named Nenohsib. It's pronounced NEN-O-s-i-Be Free with Guardian.

The plan: dungeons,Boss battles a quest for Divine Ascension.
Clear objectives makes finding Things a snap.

Thou shall Always try harder when Thou Fails.
Thou shall maximize freedom at all times
Thou shall strive to be better than Thy was yesterday.
Thou shalt be a bastion for Thy loved ones.
Thou shall strive to Help thy fellows Be better than they were yesterday.
Love, friendship, And effort Shall always lead to victory.
Thou shall defend those who cannot defend themselves.
Thou shall not allow power to be abused.
Thou shall Pay evil onto Evil,Using the methods of evil if necessary.
Thou shalt show kindness and respect to all thy meet until thou is disrespected.
Rolling for achievements Roll(1d400)+0:49,+0 Total:49

the folks there are human enough fantasy races with a couple Furrys mixed in,and everyone has the booty

So Jumpers!

What did you do in the Marvel Cinematic Universe jumps?

>Jumper
>Galaxy sized bodies (at very least)
>Has at least two internal universes, gives them infinite energy and armies loyal servants
>They really don't need them, can spam universe ending armies out of their assess
>Can be everywhere, at the same time
>Can destroy the universe just by existing
>Can convince you to love them, or just to kill yourself, just by getting in a conversation with you
>Can copy all your special powers and techniques, and improving all of them, making all your years of training worthless
>Powered by all the Deus Ex Machina energies in the multiverse, at the same time
>Immune to magic, physical damage, soul damage, mind damage, mary sues (other than themselves) and basically anything that you can or can't conceive

Is there anything that compete with Jumpchain when it comes to author self-wank for their SI?

Nope. We're the Ultimate Beings.

What are some good ideas for people to use Dread Pirate Roberts from Princess Bride on?

So apparently in Blame! the GBE could cause "irreversible environmental side effects" if used in an Earth-like atmosphere according to the author. What did he mean by this? Would all the matter pushed out of the way of the beam undergo fusion due to being collapsed at the other end and explode or just explode somewhat violently?

Also, does that mean The City somehow has a different atmospheric composition than normal, despite humans without any cybernetics being able to breath unassisted? Is it pure oxygen or some other weird shit?

Fiat-protected characters that are always stronger than you.

>humans without any cybernetics
user, these are humans at least thousands of years from now

Even if they weren't augmented, they must have undergone some changes.

JUMPER.

Batman would be pretty cool I think.

I've used it a few times, but I think I enjoyed getting to use it on Revan the most. Both because it let me learn some cool both sides of the Force stuff and also because it ended with me getting my memory wiped and accidentally becoming the protagonist of KOTOR while the real Revan fucked off somewhere. That's... fun, right?

Although using it on Sovereign was also hilarious.

You've definitely got a point there, but I've been under the impression that evolution is an exceptionally slow process.

If genetic engineering was that good, we'd see a lot more evidence, wouldn't we? Or is this a case where it's unclear because Nihei has a cybernetics fetish.

Probanly something to do with warehouse return button.

But you'd have to vanquish/redeem/calm them down first. Since drawbacks trump perks.

>two internal universes
Where do I get these at?

Dragging this shit into a new thread is fucking stupid though. Leave old shit in the old thread.

John Cena, he beats the chaos gods too.

>Princess Bride
Is Death of the Author actually as strong as I think it is?

Usually it is, but humans in blame have a few distinct races. I think they did some engineering.

killed killgrave,Fought against aliens, Gave a raccoon a GBE,lynched The Hand,used out of context technology to make Tony less smug,that kind of thing.

We see a lot of mutant humanoid races in blame though.

Humans are surviving without sunlight. That should give you a hit.

You know the plot of everyone and everything, and can tell what makes it that way. Yes, it is very strong.

Yeah, to elaborate on this the Third Magic's channeling and redirection of soul energy is basically a plot device. Substantiating spiritual entities is definitely something it can do; the loli Paul Bunyan people keep talking about was created by throwing a cup of noodles into a grail.

The sentient mystic codes that channel it are literally Nasuland's version of magical girls. Cut off from most of her grail power and armed with two Kaleidosticks, Ilya can convert her body into a magical amplifier so powerful it can overpower-not cleave through like an Excaliblast, but slap aside-an (admittedly weakened) Enuma Elish. As of GO, once ranked up this attack's been confirmed an EX-level NP compared to "the radiance of the planet". On the flipside, Black Iri created clones of herself, started combining Angra Mainyu's energy with the Noble Phantasms of other Servants summoned through the grail into new attacks and even has a small amount of the Connection to the Root-because like most Magics, the 3rd is a potential pathway to it.

But so far the most absolute bullshit thing it's done is empower Tiamat. This needs some context: While Goetia gave Kingu a Grail to hang onto, Kingu became basically a better Enkidu; he could fly at hundreds of miles per hour, and in a fight Gil said he could have lost if Kingu was less sloppy. The Grail can also allow Divine Spirits to interact outside the Age of the Gods by using human heroes as a sort of loophole. It doesn't even have to be possesion like Ishtar or Quetzalcoatl, Artemis just grabbed onto Orion when he was summoned-and the only reasl side effect is that it's very hard to summon them at full power.

Getting back to the point: The Grail is such a big deal as a spiritual energy core, that it plopping into Tiamat's sea was the tipping point for her to start turning into an eldritch dragon goddess. The final battle ends up being you trying to beat the grail out of her throat partly so she can't sustain that form anymore.

Divergent not mutant,you're forgetting that kind of timescale blame operates on.

>Shin Godzilla
>World Seed
>Infernals

You could probably count the Reality Marbles too.

>>World Seed
Doesn't that just get us an earth sized one?

I think it's important to separate the Grail from the Third Magic. They're not the same thing. One powers the systems of the other.

>pic related

I'll admit I kinda just assumed they were Silicon Life.

...That's cybernetics, right. Or am I just a complete moron.

Stole all the gems and made an Infinity Cock Ring, and then proceeded to walk around naked for the remainder of the jump.

End of series was pretty crazy.

Pretty much, yeah. But as a bigger, more complicated world than the game could present there'll be even more shit needs doing.

I think I prefer the thing about giving personalities to whatever appliances you already have more than restricting it to Fallout jumps and I'm not sure about whether to put a number on it yet.

No idea if brahmin do give milk.

Thinking about the follower thing I may have to do something as I've realised Leaders imported get boned as they don't get the 100 CP for followers.

Maybe as a ghoul you'd have great teeth and beautiful eyes or something.

Huh checking the brahmin thing apparently there's some dialogue in 3 about brahmin milk being a possible cure of radiation sickness.

>Can be everywhere, at the same time
I think I missed that one. How do I go full omnipresent?

Well theres super tall and super short humans and those weird snake things the biomedical company is catching and experimenting on for starters. Silicon life seems to beeither full android or really weird cyborg, both are creepy as fuck.

Cool, thank you for these.

Hm, as many as you need. It's basically just one of those infinite supplies? So, if you for example want to bug every single article of clothing your companions own, that's perfectly possible.

Probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out how to make more yourself, but buying the item doesn't immediately grant you the knowledge to do so.

Grove you can buy in the jump is capped at stellar level so you can only get a nerfed version.

Cool, thanks. I was just about to repost my question. Literally, I just copy pasted it and came back to this answer.

Also I'm 100 points short of getting the upgraded laser eyes, and the drawbacks are all fun-ruiners. Tough choice; laser eyes, or enjoying the Incredibles setting.

Yes, that's the one you buy. You can skip it because it's a total waste of points since it's both limited and something that you could get anyway.

The update will get an an uncapped grove anyway.

Guess I got online just in time then. Happy to answer questions.

Laser eyes are cool. None of the drawbacks would be manageable?

Hm, looking back at them, I should've included a drawback to make you babysit a ridiculously super baby like Jack-Jack.

That would be a bad idea on the authors part, unless you mean uncapped stellar level grove.
It should be moved to 400cp or something instead. I guess I'll have to see the end result first but the MCs grove at the end of the series is WAY op for a 600cp perk.

It's gonna be a free perk for people who pick the Druid class (because the ability to make a grove is a class function, it wouldn't make sense to pay for it), while other classes would be able to purchase it for some like 400 CP.

Some of the little ones are bearable, but even You Are My Greatest Adventure, And I Almost Missed It lasts your entire time, you can't grow out of it like Mr Incredible does. The bigger ones are fine as drawbacks go, but if you want to actually experience the Incredibles setting... you can't. Again, they're drawbacks, not free points, but when both 300 drawbacks empower lots of people you end up with the choice I'm faced with. Get something I want, at the cost changing the setting from what I want to go to, or making me sit out in the case of The Superhero Relocation Program.

Don't know if it's a problem for anyone else, might just be the way I approach jumping.

The description of the Psychic perk states that its telekinesis caps at Gardevoir level.

Now i looked up Gardevoir and several descriptions state: "If Gardevoir's Trainer needs protecting, Gardevoir creates a small black hole by using all of its psychic power."

can i assume that i too can create black holes then?

>You are Jack-Jack's Replacement Sitter

Where do I sign?

user, you can get the grove just by being a druid. It's an innate ability. You don't even need to buy it right now.

Just like you don't need to buy the fusion perk to fuse in DBGT. Or you don't need the Dark Binding perk to absorb souls if you are a vampire in Hellsing. And at least those offer you something extra.

Here the author is constantly charging CP all over the document for things that you can get for free in the jump and would still be fiat-backed since they are part of the magic/class system that you get with the backgrounds.

>I should've included a drawback to make you babysit a ridiculously super baby like Jack-Jack.
you really have to flesh out the drawback in a way where it is required that the baby stays safe. Otherwise many jumpers would just eat the fucking baby

I'd always interpreted that in the way any 'suck things into a small ball' power is compared to a black hole. It just uses psychic power to compress and crush things, not creating an actual literal black hole, because of the whole 'destroy the planet' thing.

Also, according to the grapevine the jumpmaker said no, you can't create black holes.

That's Pokedex wank. If you want that to be true, you would be accepting that other Gardevoirs can do that. And that there are pokemons whose body temperature is hotter than the surface of the Sun, which would be VERY bad for the planet.

(me)
I'll have to see the jump to judge since it sounds very different from the current one.

sure. It's just that stuff like that makes it really hard to gauge how strong you are when you compare yourself to a pokemon. With no feats to show for it and all the pokedex descriptions being invalid you literally can't say what you can or can't do. Can i lift/throw a car? Can i destroy a building?

>the jumpmaker said no, you can't create black holes.
that's fair.

Could always add more drawbacks. Maybe you could add one that gives you a Syndrome figure of your own?
A supervillain/hero that was your rival, and is now your boss in your mundane life?
You start the jump mid fight against an omni-droid with a few tricks designed specifically to fight you (but may be too expensive to put in the finished product)?
Attack of the mole men!
Attack of the alien things or whatever it was from the stupid comic that said Jack-jack's powers were from an alien virus thing that was going to kill everyone by overcharging their powers.
You have a law suit against you you have to deal with.

Check the show.

>sure. It's just that stuff like that makes it really hard to gauge how strong you are when you compare yourself to a pokemon. With no feats to show for it and all the pokedex descriptions being invalid you literally can't say what you can or can't do. Can i lift/throw a car? Can i destroy a building?
Use the manga or anime as a basis. Those are much more consistent.

I conflated the Grail's feats with the Third Magic's because from my understanding, the Grail is essentially an imperfect mechanism to channel the Third's energy in a specific manner. So Grail-related stuff serves as an example of what kind of magical artifacts you could power with it.

I think Dark Sakura's feat of perpetual magical energy equal to a Counter Guardian's worth of the stuff was explicitly called a shitty knockoff, and in GO Kuro called one of the endlesly regenerating Demon God Pillars basically a diss at the Third, implying it could in theory do something similar.

One thing I left out was Heaven's Hole, but it is a Beast/True Demon-like goddess gestalt made of computer soul magic thing, so therefore probably unique like the turning swallow blow is to Sasaki Kojiro. Besides, I've never heard of any Jumper stuffing an entire planet inside their womb. Or stuffing people inside their womb to be molested by the tentacles inside, for that matter.

Lift a car? Certainly, they can lift an Aggron and other heavy pokemon after all. Throw a car? Also likely, see aforementioned throwing pokemon around using Psychic. Destroy a building? In the same way a man with some TNT can.

What bugs me is that everyone shits on it for not being a full universe when even in setting getting your grove past planet level is a big fucking deal, its such a big deal that the only way the mc was able to get a universe grove was by cheating and using main character bullshit. A cheat so obvious that the gods of the setting bitchslapped him for using it. They do not usually get that big so fast.

But of course people want to complain for not getting maximum plus ultra powers for free.

Grove isn't even druid specific as the fucking robot gets one and she is not a druid.

That's fair, yeah. They do kinda stop you from just enjoying the setting at the higher level...

Might have to adjust You Are My Greatest Adventure a bit, since eventually growing out of it would make sense.

Might add it in if I have the time today? Drawbacks are pretty easy to write for. No promises though.

True enough. Wouldn't be a very good babysitter if you eat your charge.

A few more might be fun, yeah. Especially getting a Syndrome figure of your own seems like a good one.

>Attack of the alien things or whatever it was from the stupid comic that said Jack-jack's powers were from an alien virus thing that was going to kill everyone by overcharging their powers.
Still haven't found that comic sadly, it sounds pretty stupid though.

Black Widow or whatever her name is.

> you can get for free in the jump and would still be fiat-backed since they are part of the magic/class system that you get with the backgrounds.

Is this how it's always supposed to work? I assumed otherwise and counted that as property of the local universe unless the jump somehow implied fiat backing.

Actually the "surface" of the Sun isn't as hot as you'd expect. It's only about 4,000 to 5,500 degrees Celsius. As opposed to the core, which is 15 million degrees.

showed up during the first avenger movies new york battle scene and beat the shit out of the Hulk in front of everyone for literally no reason whatsoever (other than that i hate the Hulk).

readcomicbooksonline.net/the-incredibles
I thought the drawbacks about people getting powers were based on this, although from memory everyone who got a power this way was going to die. Jack-Jack had a cold or something.

Pretty much all of that is just what people were talking about before with linking it up to other stuff. It's all just applying the limitless energy the Third can make to a thing that can make use of that. While closely related, it really can't be called a direct feat of the Third because it's not. It's a feat of the Third when combined with something else.

Why do you hate the Hulk? And doesn't that mean the alien invasion succeeded?

Except that's wrong, because that's all stuff that's impossible without the Third Magic. Limitless energy alone can't summon Servant-like beings without Heaven's Feel. You need the Third Magic to incarnate souls and soul-related-phenomena into a material form.

It's inside your soul, so unless you want to leave that behind...

I usually assume that things that can be learned or are a canon and possible evolution of the jump abilities (either by background or CP purchases that you have acquired) carry on: Super Saiyan transformations, learning new magics in Fairy Tail, becoming a Devil Tiger and getting the inner world without the perks (although I would assume that you wouldn't get to carry the First Circles without it), warping yourself you are able to manifest a Reality Marble as a Dead Apostle or Magi. Otherwise you would be reset each jump to perks alone.

There are lots of jumps that just make you pay CP for getting things earlier, but there are also many of those jumps that were made before their series ended or it was updated, so they end up offering something more limited that what a character in that universe could achieve.

Ah, thank you!

I heard about people getting powers in that and it fit with Syndrome's speech, so I put it in with the drawbacks. So yeah, kinda inspired by it, but I hadn't read them myself.

user, most biological beings (even Pokemon ones) would suffer greatly just by being near something that can maintain that body temperature without cooling down in the surface.

Incarnating souls is one thing. None of your examples necessarily require that.

>Why do you hate the Hulk?
-before the avengers movie he was a mindless monster that killed hundreds of people as it was implied in the film. It's far far worse in the comics. Yet he gets a free pass everytime.
-He is one of the worst plot armor protected "heroes" i can think of and i hate plot armor. It shouldn't be that hard to take out a relatively dumb thing with "just" super strength and durability if you have some measure of power and creative ways to use them (just make him fucking levitate and create a vacuum around him..)

i guess i am conflating MCU Hulk too much with comic Hulk but i just hate that character. World war hulk was some of the biggest bullshit i have ever seen (the whole ghost rider part etc....fuck!)

>And doesn't that mean the alien invasion succeeded?
my clone and my companions took care of that pretty quickly

A feat of the Third when combined with something else is a feat of the Third ultimately, because the Third is the one thing that is actually necessary to make any of it work. Everything else is replaceable and ultimately unimportant, because magecraft is isn't real magic.

You might be able to get some ideas from it, but it was cancelled unexpectedly, unfortunately. There are some bits in it that make me glad it probably isn't canon. Mostly the source of those powers and then the whole plotline with the old guy.

???

How? Literally every application of the Third Magic mentioned in the thread invoked the materialization of spiritual energy at some point or another.

>World war hulk was some of the biggest bullshit i have ever seen (the whole ghost rider part etc....fuck!)
Oh, you hate fun, you should have just said so earlier.

Joined the avengers for a while. Learned magic. Dealt with Kilgrave. Built a magitech power armor suit. Got sold out by the UN because the Sovereigns kept attacking Earth to get to me.
Broke out of their custody on my way to be executed, jackassed around the galaxy making them look bad. Faked my own death, came back to Earth for a bit, recruited a sidekick, pissed off to space again...that kind of repeats a bit, because the UN got angry about the whole alien drones invading thing.

Unless there's some clarification on what those changes are, it's impossible to say.
The GBE might be altering the earth's rotation along the axis of the shot or contributing a non-negligible amount of energy to the earth's heat budget. The City might have its own ways of dealing with such things.

>hate fun

oh don't get me wrong: the illuminate deserved all the beating they got and they should have been beaten even more. They didn't actually kill his wife, but they are assholes nonetheless. I also enjoy the Hulk beating other heroes etc. that's not the problem. My problem is that he had no hard time whatsoever except against the sentry and maybe dr. strange. All that bullshit with the ghostrider leaving him alone and the rest he got away with, with no resistance whatsoever was crap. A guy with the powerset of "being really stronk" shouldn't have it so easy.
I too hate stories like "X kills the marvel universe" etc. There i'll admit that i hate fun, yes

Original guy you replied to-I think it's unique because the specific type of energy a soul holds is very unique compared to, say, electricity or even niclear energy. See, Extra goes into a little more detail about souls: They're fundamentally higher dimensional. To the point where even after the beginning of the planet's death ended magecraft and people could no longer tamper with souls through the physical body as a medium, mages were still able to detect souls as a hiher dimensional location from which consicousness is being projected-and then use the element souls are made of to use cyberspace as a medium for magecraft. Even better, the origin formal wear thing your Servant does at the end of CCC to fight off Kiara and potentially even survive the Moon Cell (which can jam the detection systems of a multidimensional planet-like force of destruction, itself possessing explicitly multidimensional defences and weapons systems) involved tampering with your Servant's origin to create a direct tap to the Root-all of which implies souls are independant from Gaia's grand reality marble.

So basically, like said I consider it a feat because that stuff wouldn't work without the Third or something similar.

Depending on how we interpret, well, everything to do with All The World's Evils as it relates to the Grail, you could consign powers like incarnating only specific attributes of spirits, accumulating said attributes from multiple sources, and empowering that attribute into a full being of its own.

I think it might also make sense if you could decide how a soul materializes, or could use the Third to alter it in the process, like how turning a soul into a higher planer being is possible.

I want to turn people into Origin Weapons.

>the illuminate
*illuminati

I think misspelling Illuminati is the least of your grammar concerns.

>I want to turn people into Origin Weapons.
This seems incredibly immoral.

Oh right, and GO also confirms souls are made of wuantum particles called spiritrons while the artificial medium mages used to channel soul energy into cyberspace is called pseudo-spiritrons. And even as of GO's modern era, the alchemists at Atlas know how to make homunculi with functional magic circuits made of said pseudo-spiritrons.

Atlas is scary. Out of all the modern supernatural organizations, they're the only one whose main problem is all their research to save the world runs the risk of destroying it too

>I want to turn people into Origin Weapons

Actually in that case a Caster build on par with Medea might be more your speed. She sees great potential in Shirou as a quadruple amputee magical want to amplify projection magic, do you could probably whip sometiing up like that.

i no
butt im no nativ engisch speaker so its alrigt

Why would anyone think to incarnate Shirou's soul as anything but what it is, a Sword? He would make a really good sword.

"Special Needs" Babysitter [+?00]
Congratulations, since Kari is currently unavailable, you are now Jack-Jack’s replacement sitter. You’ll get to babysit for the Incredibles’ on a weekly basis, being left to fend for their youngest child. Once he’s born, of course. In the meantime (and once they no longer need someone to look after him), you’ll have other babysitting jobs to do. You’ll have to keep these babies safe and unharmed while you’re on the job, despite their best attempts to get into trouble and the many different superpowers they’ll exhibit to make things difficult for you. If any of your charges are injured, or even killed, on your watch, you’ll count as having failed the jump.

How's this look? Any opinions on how much CP it should give?