Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Send in the Next Wave edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/27/regiment-focus-vostroyan-sep27gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/09/27/the-catachan-phrasebook/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Regimental Standard
regimental-standard.com/2017/09/27/the-catachan-phrasebook/

First for Krieg.

Bringing this list vs a DG player.
He shouldn't (?) have a Primarch

1500pts
Batt
HQ
Yarrick
Creed

Troops
Guard Squad
Vox, Autocannon
Guard Squad
Vox, Autocannon
Guard Squad
Vox, Heavy Bolter, Flamer

Elite
Command Squad
Lascannon, Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun
Platoon Commander
Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Transport
Taurox
Twin Autocannon

SpearHead
HQ
Pask
Punisher, Lascannon, Multi-Melta
Primaris Psyker
Gaze, Barrier

Heavy Support
Battle Tank
Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters
Battle Tank
Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters
Executioner Tank
Lascannon, Plasma Cannons
Wyvern
Heavy Flamer

Thoughts?

So i hear Girlyman is going to die in the next novel

I hear Dorn is the next Primarch to be released

If so he will be resurrected.
GW won't kill only(for now) living loyalist primarch who is beast in TT. He is selling too good.

What's the heavy flamer doing on a wyvern?

I hear that Chaos gets wiped out next novel by the Tau.

>repost
Wow, somehow 40k is interesting to me again.

Too bad it is still so bloody expensive. Guard always looked fun. I hear they're getting buffed a bit in 8th edition now. How true is dat?

It came modeled that way. Bolter is better isn't it?

In 30k, hope they manage to squeeze in all these aquilas.

>I hear they're getting buffed a bit in 8th edition
Already sorta happened in the Index. But some weak things are getting buffed in the Codex and the current over the top thing is being toned down.

>How true is dat?
Pretty clear the reason Cadia fell was because Abbadon brough 15k to the 10k apocalypse game

>wysiwyg

What, are they trying to get the most boring loyalists out of the way in order?

Aaarrrghhhh

Cheaper and if anything is within flamer range of your wyvern you fucked up, but the heavy bolter might actually shoot.

STEADY PASK
STEADY

I don't get this argh thing...

To me that sounds like pain, and that guy looks like he's in pain

But that text seems good...

Pask in a Punisher!

You're an IG player I take it.

SOON.

It is pain. It is pain from the perspective of a non IG player at the prospects of facing them.

>plastic Dorn coming out of the blue

unlikely and not sure how to feel about it, I think its just scenery though I could see a new Primarch coming out in December for Christmas season.

>Between matches of Eternal Crusade, lore snippets and cool pictures I fell in love with the Imperial Fists
>finished painting the army in another color a week ago

I hate myself.

TSons...
Oh

That's pretty shit

>the lord of layers
I actually keked.

kek, that's great. I love the catachan names for things. the toy soldier meaning scions is great

Na, it metnioend that all rapid fire and heavy weapons get a 6" increase with the heavy weapons teams having extra long range lascannons.

That means a first born tank commander in a demolisher can have a lascannon, 30" demolisher cannon that shoots twice and two 30" multi-meltas.

>The Lord of Layers

I am liking the fact that GW has rediscovered their sense of humor.

I just finished my Ravenwing, Dubs better not ruins it for me.

Is that better than 2d3/d6 pick the highest?

It is funny, but it is a bit too 'on the nose'.

Its like they've found a meme and are running it into the ground. Duncan does a lot of their promotional videos, is seen everywhere and is a bit too much of a focus.

Can't imagine what they'd do if he left.

>Lord of Layers
I love you sometimes, GW.

>>Too bad it is still so bloody expensive.
Sort of. You can buy a 500 point Tau force for $85 and 500 points of Marines for $100, but stuff like 500 points of Emperors Children would be $238, $327 for 500 points of Sisters, and $348 for 500 point conscript spam Guard force.

>because Abbadon brough 15k to the 10k apocalypse game
No. He raged and flipped the table after losing. Which broke the table. And since no more games can be played he "won"

GIM PAPA DORN

What other Loyalist primarchs other than Sang died during the Horus Heresy.

Please dont let us be the only one

You know what's funny? Smashing your leman Russ on my first shooting phase with my neutron onagers.

The tank can't fire twice if you vaporize the tank.

No, I like it. It's not forced.

Yet.

That picture and the other one with him next to baneblade get me so hyped. Makes me want to make my Commanders ornate golden armored men.

I read it the first time.
I understood it as a GOT reference.

How fucking new

thats why i brought 5 LR

The shitty Iron Hands one.

Manus Ferrus.

Right, the indexes are a temporary thing, eh? You'd think they'd have all the new codexes ready to go before announcing 8th, but I guess it's good business sense to lead people along with excitement.

lol

When you put it like that, I guess it's not too prohibitive. God help you if you're a horde army, though. Im just a poorfag is all.

Also, are they releasing any new ImpG models? I know they pretty much doubled the model range for marines and Chaos Marines, but I see some of the guard models are out of stock or something. Something other than Cadians soon?

ferrus. Technically guillman since he died during the scouring, which is the part of the heresy everyone forgets. though guillman got better

Yes, because instead of discarding the lower one, it still gets added.

2dx is better than 2dx pick highest, 2dx pick the highest is better than dx rerollable, and dx rerollable is better than dx

isnt that just the one saint that had a shitty metal model once
is the good iron hands one the guy who has his name written the right way around then?

Ahhh, Emma's Eldar got stolen.

Feel sorry for her.

Which one?

Sorry I meant the longer range.
You can still have 2 xd6 but one is 2 2xd6 pick the highest and one is 2 xd6 but longer range

Yes, so that there's something interesting to wait for.

Alpharius """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""died""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>the Horus Heresy
define what you mean by that. The heresy proper, or just horus' failed 7 year attempt to take terra?

I have no idea. It looks awesome though. I didn't realize there was another saint other than Celestine.

>getting around a counter via spam
>implying anyone would want to play a game with you

he's dead jim

Alpharius ain't loyalist.
Yeah but not Omegon :^)

Any tips to collect (and play) a Death Guard army?

What are some good secondary colors that would compliment the death guard green without being too nurgle? I want to do a toxic mechanicus color scheme for my dudes

I am just glad that everyone got rules at the release of it. Even if they arent the best rules ever. Its better than being stuck in 7th edition (Or if you were nids, IG, or Chaos then stuck in 6th edition.)

there are/have been many other living saints than just Celestine
I think that guy's name was Macharius

It does look like a saint, but it looks so awesome.

Damn, hope they turn up on ebay or some shit, nobody deserves that

poor girl, getting something you spent all that time working on sucks.

>find them being sold
>buy them
>hot glue
>return to her

I think you just mean died. no quotation marks needed, he's dead jim

hey guys its me, Macharius. Wanna see my pimp cane?

5 LR in a 3k(which is the most played size at my store) game arent spam. Thats my opinion at least.

Macharius is commonly referred to as a Living Saint

They are probably already being hotglued by the sweaty fatfuck who stole them

Take that back you fucking mongrel

Sucks.

I bring 4 to 5 in 2k games a lot.
But that might change soon.

Told you Dorn was alive.

Get the Dark Imperium box set, it is good value. I traded my primaris half for another set of DG so got even more value. Alternatively, get Know No Fear (It is cheaper but has 10 fewer Poxwalkers, 2 fewer Plague Marines and no Sorcerer + no Bell Boy.

Get the Codex too, and work on your army. This should take you a good while so all the new stuff should have been finished releasing. Then you can craft a proper list with stuff you like.

As for 'collecting'. I recommend Death Guard spray if you're painting them as their box art, works wonders for me. Then just get your standard equipment like clippers, plastic glue and so on. I'm not sure I recommend the 'start painting' set since the glue is shitty and the paints are tiny and shitty. I'd get some clippers on the cheap from elsewhere and just buy paints you will need.

For brushes, I'd recommend you get third party desu. I use the Windsor Newton Series 7 brushes (00, 0, 1, 2 and 3) and they work great for me, cheaper than GW brushes while being higher quality. Invest in a brush cleaner soap too, its dead cheap and worth it.

>t.guy who started collecting Death Guard a few months ago as an entry to the hobby

Magnus took a week of filming, so yeah.

I love this. I want to make my own custom model for him. What rules would be best suited for him? Straken seems like a good choice since those are pretty strong and saintly stats. Yarrick might also be a good one since his buffs to re-roll 1s, giving out leadership buffs and being hard to kill seem very saintly. It's just the whole execution thing doesn't seem that way.

An inquisitor in terminator armor might be okay too since he can have psychic powers, a force stave to be the pimp cane, psychic powers and the ornate armor looks like it could give a 2+ save.

>buying (((Games Workshop)))

What legion is this the primarch of, who is the current chapter master, and does that chapter master have a model?

Because "Pauldron of Dorn" sounds like something a non-Dorn special character could wear to get a dumb buff to some bullshit.

where else should i buy ?

>Commissar, as always I commend your course of action despite some mild discomfort

Alright /40kg/ I need a new army to work on, but I don't know which I want start. I was thinking either Tsons, Gene-stealers, or necrons any thoughts?

Iirc he had slightly random stats each game because of a war wound

He's dead though.

>Having such little self respect as to use ripoffs

>3d printing is coming guis! I s-s-swear! Take that goys!

Okay then
Was commonly referred to as a living saint before his death.

tsons in green!

>tying your sense of self-worth to which company you buy your minatures from
Good goyim.

>implying 3rd party (((((recasters))))) piggybacking off someone elses product arent the real jews

GW uses British Pounds now, right? No more EuroBucks? What with them being a british company, yeah?

Cool picture to offset my stupid question.

Shit is so fucking disgusting I dont even...

GW always used BP

>GW uses British Pounds now, right? No more EuroBucks?
what do you mean now, you tard? are you under the impression that they ever used euros?

Go for Genestealer Cults with AM tank allies.

what are you even talking about
they have different price points for different currencies and countries