If I wanted to run a relaxed Risk game, would this board be okay to do it on?

If I wanted to run a relaxed Risk game, would this board be okay to do it on?
I've run this simple UK map a couple of times on /b/ and had fun, but it was a bit hectic to keep up with.

seems small

I suppose it is, but I find the more complex maps rather daunting. How many counties/states and how many "countries" would you traditionally see on a Risk game played on here?

This is another map I made recently, just to have a go really, any pointers would be welcome

Sorry user, Risk used to be allowed on Veeky Forums but now our mod says it has to go on /qst/. This board is only for getting clarifications about rules for published games.

This seems like a cool Alt-history map. I'd run a game here.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

That's not true, it also exists for developing variants, homebrew, or custom systems.

>Playing Risk in 2017.
You should just kys tbqh.

Not really. Risk has 42 territories, if I remember correctly, and that was has something like 40, depending on which islands are grouped together and shit (something you'd want to clearly delineate).

>Separate Northern Ireland
How to trigger fuckload of people over nothing

Even better:
>separate Isle of Wight
>separate Isle of Man

What's their 'continental' bonus?
+1 to scratching a$$?

The real question is "Why the fuck making one-province continents"

Reminds me of the Defender of the Crown map.

Good times.

Believe it or not, /pol/ had pretty regular risk games. Obviously it's a different demographic, but those players got really into it.

Haven't checked /pol/ in a while to see how often/accepted it is now.

Would be better with historical petty kingdoms, I'm sure I've seen a ~1000 version of the UK map

>That's not true, it also exists for developing variants, homebrew, or custom systems.
For the time being, maybe. Eventually those things will be off-topic too. After all, homebrew threads are literally taking up half the board right now.

Personally I'd put in a divide for Galway, Connacht is a big province, then I'd maybe put in a divide in Munster too somewhere, that should bring you up to the standard 42

That's the one!

>Pictland C.800
>Scottish Royal Banner introduced in the 1200's

Consider my autism triggered.