Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1768: That's a Dog Not a Cow Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llcuZGhVY4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Arf a good girl?

...Apologies. Anyway, Kingdom Come jump is ready for presentation. I know the Villain origin cuts off, sorry. I'll rewrite it.

Does everyone get a familiar waifu in Nanoha?

I restate my answer. Kingdom Come a best.

Looks cool.

Reminder that Caesar's Legion is the morally correct faction and has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Not everyone, no.

I think only Fate and that dragon loli from StrikerS have them.

Why did they get so lucky?

I disagree. If only because they are hilariously incompetent.

They beat everyone they've met short of the NCR, user.

The Superhero capstone looks good, time to spread Emiyas ideal.

>vast majority of rolls involve d8s
>Active Companion Limit is 8
>any 1/2/4/6 double-tree leaves its origin with 8 free/discounted perks to choose from

Either the Benefactor is pic related or she's a Chaos God. What is it about the number 8?

Except for the whole "Luddites who think technology is evil, except when it can help cure Caesar's brain cancer." thing

their leader is literally cancerous.

>LOL we Rome
>Literally can't cross a fucking river for multiple years because some guys on the other end brought guns
The Legion are a bunch of pussies and teenagers who one competent machine gunner could take care of.

Oh shut it you big plumed fruit.

Worf Effect. We're told how awesome and dangerous they are, all we see is failure and incompetence, unless they are against unarmed prostitutes.

The loli is basically using summoning contracts or something to summon dragons to fight for her. She just happens to have a small dragon that's constantly summoned as a pet.
Fate just had a shitty childhood and wanted a friend, so she carved off some of her own magic and turned it into Arf.

It doesn't seem to be prohibited or anything, you could learn to do it in the jump, or pay CP for it, it's just not something a lot of people do.

>slavery
>in 2281

Ah, Kingdom Come. Excellent at the time, but in hindsight it laid the grounds for so many bad comics. It's not it's fault, really, bad editorial decisions would have lead to those stories either way, but it's sad to see its mark on them.

>California
You sure you want to defend that place, user?

gr8 b8 m8

Doesn't mean they aren't incompetent. The moment something happens to Caesar, the whole thing crumbles like Alexander's empire. Not the worst outcome, but still not having an existing bureaucracy to deal with the fallout of your leader dying is pretty fucking stupid.

Hey, when industry dies it suddenly becomes profitable again.

Jumpchain was invented by aliens with a base 8 number system.

It represents the octopus.

>one competent machine gunner could take care of.
See: Fallout: New Vegas on any non-Legion run.

They only dislike technology they don't have the base to manufacture themselves.

If you turn an 8 on its side it becomes infinity.

You're never getting off this ride.

How much magic do I need to beat nanoha?

And what are some perks to refill my mana/stamina in a reasonable amount of time?

Which, from what we can tell, covers a whole lot of tech.

>For an extra 100 CP, you may also choose to be an realm substance you currently possess or can create.
An realm substance?

Would be nice if there was a super senses purchase comparable to what Kryptonians get, because damn. I just wanna see infinity. How does the sense option of FLying Brick compare?

The Wind powers makes me think of Kaze No Stigma. Is it comparable to MC of it?

A mailman that delivers your letter by trekking over open wasteland and wading through a Deathclaw nest is no mere mailman.

I'm a bit confused about the 200CP version of Liquid Metal Body. What is "an realm substance"?

Which is none, because they don't even try to build up their ability to manufacture more.

They are luddites. I disdain all luddites.

>NCR brings guns against machete wielding idiots
>still can't win
Everyone in the Mojave is an idiot and deserves the cut Old World Blues ending where the Think Tank takes over

The apocalypse will do that to you.

Not in the middle of a fucking desert it doesn't. Slavery needs cash crops which the mojave lacks for. It sells electricity not cotton. Furthermore you can just build some fucking robots for that. It's cheaper and they're less likely to turn on you.

>How much magic do I need to beat nanoha?
Nanoha casually drops four of what are effectively small nuclear bombs as a nonlethal finishing move on her daughter. Touching her is considered intensive training for an elite military unity.

>Not in the middle of a fucking desert it doesn't
The Legion doesn't come from Nevada, they came from the Great Plains region. They're just pulling a march to the sea and have hit Nevada.

Just make a Kano Stigma jump directly.

I've never watched/read Kaze No Stigma. It's based on Red Tornado's powers but with some differences.

I meant "an out of realm substance", basically if you have a material not from the DC universe you can choose to be that material instead of metal.

Why are you asking how it compared to an obscure light novel series that the jumpmaker is unlikely to know about when you clearly do know about the series and also have the perk's fairly-explicit text telling you what it can do?

The magic of holding hands with her

Ungloved

> not beginning again

I'd accept that if it wasn't a few hundred years afterwards and if the Enclave, BoS, and Institute didn't exist.

>Nanoha casually drops four of what are effectively small nuclear bombs as a nonlethal finishing move on her daughter. Touching her is considered intensive training for an elite military unity.

So lots?

For the Magico jump, how about a drawback where each use of your powers erases a random memory of yours like what happened to the MC brother. Or a drawback where you have a nosebleed for the simplest things like holding hands

Those three factions aren't new, they're literally holed up remnants of the Old World.

I would love that as a jump, the fire magic summoner girl was cool. I love the faeries she makes.

>not going Wild Card

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Yes. "Lots."

If you ain't casual city buster, you busted.

A shame you've chosen to follow in Val's powerwanking footsteps. Not too long ago, you were an actual jumpmaker.

This wasn't on my radar, but it's really fucking rad. Good job, Nika.

The NCR isn't winning because the main NCR could not give fewer shits about the Mojave and gave them like the D-tier general no one ever thought would lead a post office much less a battle.
They really didn't give a shit when they started and are just fine to wait for Ceaser to die waiting beyond the dam.

And slavery still isn't viable for farming in the Great Plains. Chattel slavery like the legion is playing at basically only works as a semi-viable economic model if you both don't industrialize, live in a place where it rains a lot, and are selling cash crops to every mother fucker under the sun.

The NCR explicitly manages to produce their own tech. It might not be as advanced as the BoS, but they still have factories up and running.

See As for the super senses, it's not to the level of Kryptonian senses but I don't want to put a hard limit on Flying Brick. So fanwank.

Does Speed Force Unity also let you steal speed and time travel?

Arent there also Gun Runners with their own private facilities too?

Reminder that if you haven't jumped Rome before FO:NV and you join Caesar's Legion you'll just be a romaboo, and not a true Roman.

>drawback where each use of your powers erases a random memory of yours like what happened to the MC brother

Faust did that on purpose, as a ritual to create a ring for Shion (said ring let's Shion use his strongest broom magic without losing memories)

>Or a drawback where you have a nosebleed for the simplest things like holding hands

Literally the first thing I typed after the title.

Yes.The Gun Runners are also implied to be one of a couple competing groups.

INDEPENDENCE FOR THE MOJAVE

Everything is Roma

Which is why the NCR are my favorite faction. They're the only people that are actually interested in rebuilding society instead of squatting in a pre-war building and cosplaying.

>They're the only people that are actually interested in rebuilding society instead of squatting in a pre-war building and cosplaying.
>NCR squats in pre-war buildings and cosplays as the United States
que?

Yes, the NCR has basic gun production facilities. But it' California.

Are there any jumps that allow me to make or create faeries?

I want to make a custom magic system that I can spread that will let people cast magic via fairie partners.

Now now, let's be fair. They repaired those pre-war buildings they are squatting in, rather than leaving them crumbling and with holes in them.

They like to cosplay outside and have objectively awesome cowboy cosplay.

The NCR dress up like the old states but they also actually do shit is the main gist of this argument. Like the NCR builds its own buildings, farms it food, makes its medicine, and is actually making a functioning society happen.

So no hi-cap magazines, and if your rifle is painted black people run away in terror

The NCR is trying its hardest to ape the most corrupt parts of the US government.

So all Caesar had to do is tell them that he was from Mexinuke and they'd have basically given the NCR to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=llcuZGhVY4Y

>See pic

>trusting faeries
>ever

FOOL

WELCOME TO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA

SUCH A LOVELY PLACE

-If we go Kryptonian, are we then deathly allergic to red sun radiation forever? Could be inconvenient in some sci fi jumps.

- Are things like Kryptonian and Amazon powers, or are they human looking alt forms we can swap into?

-im going to go out on a limb here and say that Green Lantern powers don't include some of the more bullshit powers of the ring outside of making will constructs. (Like all the high tech gadgets crap they can do).

Anima. "Cast magic via fairie partners" is what the Sheele system is, basically. Modify that to your tastes.

What's a Sheele system?

Hm, okay.

Ah, now I'm tempted to go kryptonian just for the super senses.

>Space Castle
Anyway... is this like Hal's castle?

>im going to go out on a limb here and say that Green Lantern powers don't include some of the more bullshit powers of the ring outside of making will constructs.
not even the old DC one banned you from doing bullshit stuff.

>video
I think I finally understand what the +600 Drawback in that one DOS game jump is supposed to do.

>Themascryan Amazon
You might want to list what Diana Prince's powers are and her "strength" in them, for people who haven't read this comic.

Also, does this count as an alt-form? Kryptonian Biology? Or are they just layered over whatever else you have.

Well the plan is to link the faery and the summoner together so that they have to keep each other alive, and if your partner is created as an ideal for you pixie then it should be trustworthy.

Sheeles are fairies made from part of your own soul, they act as extremely powerful and versatile Familiars.

You don't need one for magic, hopefully? Ruining your own soul and having to rely on some filthy fairy to do your magic is a big negative.

We wuz tequila farmers n shit

>your partner is created as an ideal for you pixie
So they come extra stretchy?

>They repaired those pre-war buildings they are squatting in, rather than leaving them crumbling and with holes in them.
Uh no sweety

That sounds awesome and really close to my ideal for what I want. I will look into it, can I teach this system if I buy it in the jump?

Sure, but you don't have a supercomputer that can scan planets on your wrist now. Unless the experiment gave you the abilities of a supercomputer that can scan planets.

>-If we go Kryptonian, are we then deathly allergic to red sun radiation forever? Could be inconvenient in some sci fi jumps.

Your weakness to kryptonite will stay and magic will bypass your invunerability, your red sun weakness will leave.

>- Are things like Kryptonian and Amazon powers, or are they human looking alt forms we can swap into?

They're powers.

>-im going to go out on a limb here and say that Green Lantern powers don't include some of the more bullshit powers of the ring outside of making will constructs. (Like all the high tech gadgets crap they can do).

You have Hal Jordan levels of skill. Make of that what you will.

I see that the faeries are foing to have to come with a size changing option.

Cyberelves from Mega Man Zero are basically faeries, just made of data and holographics instead of magic and sparkledust.
Combine that with a code-based magic system like from Fate/Extra, and you're golden.

All you have to do is set up passcode systems that can only be bypassed by a Cyberelf, set the system up to create magical effects, and boom! Instant contracting system.
I may steal this idea later.

Friendly reminder! You are all pawns to the calculating brilliance of the great Mr House.

The House always wins.

It's a variant magic system for summoners to use, in addition to the Invocations and Incarnations they also have. Basically you take a core of elemental magic, bring it in contact with your soul, and it evolves into a little fairy buddy to cast spells for you. If Invocations are what Summoners go to for super-attacks, and Incarnations what they go to for buffing, and generic summoning pacts for minions, Sheele let them play as straightforward casters.

Nah, they're made with your soul, not out of your soul. The resources that go into them come from outside sources that you summon to you. And there are plenty of types of magic that don't use them, they're mostly so that Summoners can have faster-firing effects.

Looks great
Kingdom Come is one of my favorite comics so I'm really exited for this jump

You need The Gift for magic, you're born with it or you're not.
Sheele are optional, but someone without The Gift could use one to ape doing magic themself.

What is the difference between New 52 and Pre New 52 Speedforce?