mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
[YouTube] Build A Light Box On The Cheap, Take Gorgeous Photos! (embed)

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
[YouTube] Wet Palette: What Is It? Make Your Own (embed)

>How to Moldlines
[YouTube] Removing mold lines from models (embed)

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg (embed)

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Previous thread:

So I recently lost an important part from a a kit I'm building. I found the part fairly cheap from bitsandkits.co.uk though. Is this a reputable/good site? Any other, better bit sites? Preferably ones that do piece by piece and ship to the US fairly quickly.

OP here, I fucked the youtube links. Apologizes in advance, previous thread linked at bottom has them if you need them.

I'm running a D&D campaign, and here is my party. From left, a flashy fire genasi wizard, drow rogue, human ranger, firbolg druid, and dragonborn war cleric.

I really like how the druid and the wizard's flames turned out, but the rest I'm mostly happy for the players to have their own mini.

Up next I think I'm going to try some various ogres.

Is it possible to make a black glaze? How would I paint black leaking from sockets that isn't oil?

everyone seems very shiny, cold do with a dullcoat to lose some of the shine

thoughts?

WIP btw not finished still needs some more stuff done to the sails and crew and the ram

Other than the rogue, they aren't as shiny as they look. It's just that the lamp I used to light the photo was very close above them. And I'm honestly unsure how the rogue turned out so shiny. I sprayed all of them with Testors Dullcote.

hard to tell from the photo, armor pannels look decent from what i can see

sure, just mix some black paint and lahmian medium together
black is a pretty strong pigment though, so go easy on the paint quantity until you're happy

Starting on the other arm tonight (a grav flux bombard), I'm trying to decide if I want to just leave it completly metallic (a pale gold like the metal circle on his front) or if I should paint all the little nubs and the tip of a barrel a bright glowing green colour

Have a question mates. I"m looking to paint the blue area's of these knight's barding, white. I applied one coat of wolf grey already. Should How many layers of grey should I apply before I start on the white coats?

Also because of the brighter colors I primed them grey. But I also want to have some gold, and yellow on these knights, and that looks like absolute rubbish over grey. How should I paint on "hard" colors that don't apply well to grey, like gold, silver, yellow, etc? Should I paint those area's black first, then paint the color that I want?

How does that work? I've never used that before.

Not the same guy but from what I've heard it's like transparent paint (no, not water, it has the same consistency of texture and paint apparently) so people use it to in with other paints to thin them down to make a lighter glaze/shade of said colour or use it to seal paints.

leviathans are so cute! just like boxnaughts

totally agree. Leviathans are like the weird hybrid child of the boxnought and the contemptor

And it keeps the same color? Like, mixing black to it won't give me a grey?

the perfect machine

>TFW you're doing a commission and someone on Veeky Forums points out a mold line you fucking missed.

I'm just a little bit upset.

Yep, keeps the same color but makes it more transparent. To get it to a true glaze level, though, it's really going to take a large amount of lahmian medium relative to black.

the white and a bit of the red (namely that little shield) looks a bit thick and lumpy

Any help for the questions?

Hrm. I'll have to try it out.

You're going to need a lot stronger grey over the blue if you're trying to prep it for white.

My bad anons about not making the painting video yet
Been pretty busy with life and such
Had some time today to paint though so I tried to get in as much as I could but still no where near done

Looks awesome thus far. Really different.

Also side note
The thing on his back is a deathguard symbol

Granted I know he would not really have a fraction symbol but I thought it'd be kinda neat to do one anyways

I use eBay although the non-US sellers take forever.

Salamander is almost finished.

>So I recently lost an important part from a a kit I'm building.

What bit is it, user? Wouldn't happen to be that little control panel from a Space Marine Interceptor, would it?

>when you lose a bit so hard it appears at someone else's house

Anyone else doing Armies on Parade?

Searched Ebay but the bits came in bundles of the parts of said vehicle when I just wanted one piece itself. Ordered from the UK guys, hopefully it won't take too long.
'fraid not, its a front panel on a gork/morkanaut that holds the top of the doors in and also has the skorcha/megagun on it.

no (dont have the patience or money right now) but your board looks cool, what army?

Those look pretty good. Anvil also seems to have some good options aswell. Still deciding on the look for the regiment. I know I want it in a similar style to Steel Legion/Krieg. This would be the first time I've done any converting for models, how do people tend to react to them on the table? No one's gonna throw a fit that my dudes dont have actual lasguns right?

I wouldn't layer white straight over that gray, layer it with consistenly lighter shades of gray and leave white as a final highlight , pure white looks pretty shit on a larger surface

why is it that every person that I've seen shilling their own commissions are really sub par

wtf dude
This is honestly worse than me and I just started
Use a smaller brush for your washes

Oh well this is helpful as fuck

Because the good commissioners are actually raking in huge amounts of money with their amazing paint jobs, so they're either too busy working and painting to shitpost here, and when they're not, they're too tired or busy enjoying their time off to come here.

Other than the bad paint on the pants, what can I improve on?

keep posting your awesome model user! I like watching it grow and take shape! How did you do the weathering?

Looks cool.

Thanks, it's been fun to work on and i've ended up taking way more WIP photos than I do with most projects, pic related is my proccess for weathering/chipping.
That's a pretty suggestive pose on that guy. I think he needs a bit of touching up , I can see some blue spots on the strap. Maybe another highlight on the teeth as they're a little flat at the moment.

also waiting for washes to dry is so boring

Made some decent progress on this guy today. Need to do highlights and I'm thinking about doing a green glaze over most of the body to tie the layers together.
Eventually I want to do water effects on the base but that's a ways off.

I'm not but best of luck.

What are YOU working on?

Getting the lighter blue into all the crevices is annoying especially with my brushes being all frayed.

I'm always concerned about the logistics of transporting big display boards like that, I just know I'd end up breaking them.

thanks for the help! I'll fix up the belt and pants asap

also thanks for the pic for weathering! I wanted to try it on my goliath when I feel brave enough to paint it

I'm at work looking for reasons not to kill myself. Hopefully I have motivation to work on some dudes when I get home, though I doubt it. We're on a solid 7 week streak here.

Has anyone here used high quality artists acrylics like Schmincke or Golden for miniature painting? I've seen Schmincke Titaniam White recommend a few times.

I am legit starting to hate this fucking hobby.

Just look at this shit. Remember how awesome the 80s were? Cool dragons, sneaky goblins, fucking chimeras.

Nah, it's too profitable to be cool any more. LOOK AT MY BEEF FLAPS AND WORSHIP EL CUNTOR

>model is on script bottle
Kek

Legit though, I could see that as a Malal daemon

Thanks! I may then do Ash Grey as my next layer..

feminist get away from my hobby.

>left hand is still out of commission
>can't hold models because of the bandage
>suck painting right handed
>nids are even further behind
Fuck

Hey /wip/

What's a good, dark blue GW paint? I'm looking for something similar to the trim on pic related. I was using Necron Abyss on my Tyranids, but it finally ran out. Everyone told me Kantor Blue was the replacement, but it isn't nearly dark enough, and barely shows up on the Macragge Blue carapace of my bugs. So, what's the next darkest blue then?

Dip them faggot

I would bin them before I dipped them.

Getting my Beyond Icestorm minis painted up, gonne finsih up the guy on the right and detail their bases a bit more.

Ahoy there, /wip/

Does anyone happen to know of a good source for gear/cog-shaped shields for 28mm? For the life of me, I can't seem to find anything. I'd absolutely be delighted if they were eight-toothed gears, though I could probably deal with something else. Just looking for nice simple gear-shaped shields.

Doesn't that magic can of shit that Army Painter sell actually work nicely at turning one-note white much more realistic without dealing with layering white over light gray over soft grey over grey?

I can guarantee that guy doesn't field that.

>Guy

It's either a tranny or a woman. Most likely an ugly woman.

That's what you get for being a left-handed witch.

Doing up my Legio XIII team for Arena Rex, how do you guys like the purple?

lol, I like your choice of words in describing it as a can of shit, but it works well... What product is it? Got a name? is spray or wash or something?

>What are YOU working on?
Building an Ironclad for my Mino's. Figure they could use a bit of oomph. Plus, haven't painted a boxnaught since the early 2000's, so excited to start.
God bless bartertown - it has made picking up SM models super easy lately, and at decent prices.

Army Painter quickshade. It's just a straight up can that you dunk models in, flick 'em thrice, and let 'em dry.

Incubi Darkness is quite dark. The website labels it as purple though, but I think it looks pretty blue.

I use Kantor on my night Lords. You can really build up that blue with layers of you want.

Incubi is more green than blue, but it's definitely a teal.

I was afraid that's what you were refering to...I had a bad experience with stuff like that..Like I wanted one part of my model to have the shade applied, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to just dunk the whole model...maybe I didn't flick enough of it off...but it came out pretty bad. Why can't I just use a white coating, and then wash it with ink?

WTF is a Kantor, and why is it blue?

Alright, I'll try multiple layers, and if that doesn't work, I'll go with and give incubi a shot.

>only want one part of the model to have shade applied
>apply shade to whole model
>are disappointed when it shades the whole model
The Army Painter dips are hot garbage but you may be genuinely retarded.

I'm still amazed by the fact that you're using toothpicks to paint.
Can't wait to see more progress and the final unclean one.

Pedro Kantor is the Chapter Master of the Crimson Fists who wear blue armour.

Can someone tell me where "Agrax" is? It's been bothering me for awhile.

So, I'm guessing it's not the magic potion they try to make it out to be? Is it basically just a giant tin of wash, or is it worth it for doing 100+ infantry, or something else?

It's just wash + gloss varnish. There's no reason to dip a model unless you don't give a shit about the end result. Applying washes by brush and wicking away any pooling isn't difficult or time consuming.

Don't decide to try free hand for the first time after pairing for 9 hours straight on no sleep.

How do I unfuck this?

Agrax is an old planet.

I don't know if its show up recently or not.

>How do I unfuck this?
Have you tried telling it that you should just stay friends?

I would want a refund

Well I've narrowed down what I want my IG Regiment to look like. Just need to figure out which one I want. Thinking about coloring their outfits a greyish blue similar to spacewolves. Thoughts?
The Green will be protected

I like 1 and 3, personally.

Ushankas or you are a confirmed softdick.

Looking pretty damn good

So no real advice then? Damn.

tonk #3 done, weapons are drying.

Working on a Tribune. What do you guys think of the hawk? Is it too big or distracting? I kinda want something to represent the cyber-familiar and the digital weapons the model is equipped with, but I am not yet 100% convinced.

Just finished this Flashy Git

Keeping with the sprues edition somewhat

Does anyone know if the blue on pic related will be affected if I strip off the rubbish paint job I did?

good job on the eyes user

From what I see here it seems like you are using plain white scar for your whites, find an alternative, it's a garbage color that can't be propperly worked with.

That's a really nice paintjob.

Are there any chapters in 40k that use the heresy Word Bearer colour scheme?

If not, would it be an acceptable homebrew or just scream 'Word Bearers' to everyone?

This scheme would look so good on chadmarines

First attempt at a snow base. How does it look?

What should I paint the base rim? Black?

Also any ideas what to do with the right shoulderpad? I'd like to keep some of the pink.

How do I get a perfect 50:50 ratio? I'm trying to mix paint with lahmian medium but I have no idea whether I'll mix too much or too little.

The base looks great. Better than the model itself, in fact.

I want to make my Librarian seem more psyker-y by giving him a familiar. What familiar should I get?