Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1769: The Assassination of Jumper by the Coward Companion Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9qNVGl_7awY
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg
youtube.com/watch?v=oT_TMjG0ULs
youtube.com/watch?v=VLwwTnHMyU0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHp7-azrj2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is why I have all those freaking extra lives.

All part of the keikaku.

....Why would it affect non-Kryptonian powers, user? That doesn't make any sense.

There was talk of Red Suns last thread but I'd like to remind everyone that Blue Suns are also a thing.

Uh, that's an oddly-specific title. Is that meant to be a reference to something?

When's the last time anyone saw Battler? He ded?

What are some canon characters that are already sort of similar to a Jumper, conceptually? I'm not talking in terms of powerlevels, but in regard to multiversal travel, taking companions along with them, and an array of exotic powers and/or tools?

The Doctor is an obvious example. So would be Rick Sanchez and the Witches from Umineko. Anyone else?

I've been playing a fuckton of Slime Rancher lately so I'm going to post my build for that.

Slime Rancher
Background: Slime Scientist
Perks: Slimy Survivalist, So Many Slimes, Actual Farming, Self-Sustaining, Equipment Engineer, Micro-Storage Design, Slimy Geneticist, Slime Fusion
Items: Slimepedia, Basic Vacpack, Starter Ranch, Slime Environmental Suit, Slime Lab
Drawbacks: Feral Infestation, A Fool and His Newbucks

Anyway, the plorts, or slime shit, are really useful things that are apparently instrumental to a lot of the tech in that universe. I think it's a good early jump for tech-jumpers because of the low chance of death and high utility.

I'd rather hear talk of Red Sons.

>tfw no actual jumpchain
I wish I had the chance. I'm tired of my mundane life and people's petty bullshit. I want magic powers and adventure.

What's your reasons for wanting to jump?

youtube.com/watch?v=9qNVGl_7awY

Another DC comic line that could use a jump!

My whole life was Unlimited Meh Works.

Yeah, but I don't trust mercenaries anyway.

I realize it's no longer time to talk about bad fanfics, but.

Jack Sparrow in Sekirei.

I'm like a lifelong shut in and I thought it was a cool idea since I was like. . .ten? I drew up plans just in case I was ever offered a wish from like, a Genie or something to get as much out of it as possible without chance of this awesome thing coming back to screw me over. I wanted to go to other worlds like the stuff in games and cartoons and get cool powers and go on adventures, but I also wanted time to pass faster inside of them so I could go on those adventures without being missed since I love my family. I clearly wasn't very original since Jumpchain is exactly that.

So, yeah, Jumpchain as a concept is something I was planning to wish for if given the chance since I was like a kid. Having the excuse to plot routes and stuff like this? It's been fun, I'd still definitely make that wish. Probably only if I could grab Val though. I love her lots and she's where all my confidence comes from so without her I'd probably waste the opportunity or not have much fun.

The power trip was the main reason

I want magic and superstrength to het my way with everything.

How often do you empower non-companion characters in a setting? Who, why, how?

I'm a NEET and the escapism pleases me.

Later chains are actual attempts at RPing and character writing, but my main chain has always been wish fulfillment.

Jesus, when did you become such a fucking beta.

>If any of your charges are injured, or even killed, on your watch, you’ll count as having failed the jump.

"Whew, nine years and eleven months of baby crap - literally - but it's almost over."
*baby gets a papercut*
"Noooooooooo!"

(i keep getting "connection error" when i try to post, snipping rest of this)

I kidnapped them from their homes, hand them to one of my third circles, who put them into a forest and a first circle with their memories and similar physical appearance comes out.

Have you ever loved someone?

>Any opinions on how much CP it should give?

Considering the existing drawbacks (oddly the only other one with a chain fail condition is a +200 whose canon basis got rewarded for breaking it), cheating jumpers who cheat, WHO and CDC stats on child mortality and injury, and the sheer fucking danger-to-itself-nevermind-others of babies having random super powers without also having disney-grade plot armor:

600 as is (insert Admiral "It's a trap!" Ackbar video clip here);
200 no fail condition, but baby powers trump out-of-jump powers;
100 no fail condition, just a succession of powered poopers.

I want to travel, but I love my family too much.

It's been a while now. Makes me wonder how will he handle the eventual and inevitable break-up.

I'd like to meet all the cool people and hang out with them.

Not even, like, "we'll go on adventures and shit!", I just think it would be cool to be able to say I watched TV with GIR, or baked cookies for Coop and Jamie, or tell you that Mario's a really nice guy.
I'm really just a fangirl at heart.

Sometimes, despite committing so heavily to this villain shtick, it makes me sad that it would obviously put me at odds with other characters that I really like.
Like, I sided with Eggman in the original Sonic jump. But I actually really like Sonic and his friends! And I'd totally never be able to hang out with them, because it would be really weird. Like at best we were probably casual enemies, where I still did stuff for Eggman and was firmly working for Eggman, but wasn't very good at doing all the speeches and hatred like Eggman was.

It was probably a lot easier in Archie Sonic, where I genuinely dislike their Eggman and might only barely be considered an Egg Boss by employment.
... shit, maybe that's why Omelette was my rival? Did she see through my ruse?

>Yeah, you'd fail the chain same as dying. Kinda needs to be something to actually make the less-nice jumpers care.

Rather than punish all jumpers for the potato edgelords, just have the drawback points awarded at the end of the jump - which jumper doesn't get if they quit, abused any of their charges / got killed by one of them or got blacklisted by the agency for repeatedly being a terrible sitter.

(no idea why i had to break this into 3 parts?)

It's a fun concept. The thought of leading other lives in worlds away from this one, both similar and vastly different, while having supernatural abilities and memories of every world you move on from.

It beats the hell out of coming home from work every day, tired, just looking forward to the point in thirty or forty years when retirement even becomes a possibility, or maybe sooner if something unfortunate happens, and I fall out of the middle-class rut and into the grave. Sure, there are any number of parts of life that I enjoy, but... I can see why people go through a mid-life crisis now. One day you realize, this is all it's been since halfway through high school, and this is all it'll ever be, and there's no overarching theme to it, there's no grand design, it's just life and all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other until you can't anymore, help people who stumble, and if you're lucky you'll have people who'll help you, too.

holy fuck that's depressing, sorry

I love myself, and fuck reality for limiting me. Jesus, the nerve on that one...

Probably just paralyzed while a blue-haired midget tries to usurp his chain by marrying his corpse or something.

Probably since I was born? I'm not really ambitious or confident and up until a couple years ago I was miserable pretty much all the time. I was just twiddling my thumbs and waiting until I died of natural causes since suicide would have made my family sad and I'm not selfish enough to put myself above their happiness. In the context of Jumpchain I don't really care about power or making new friends or whatever, I just think it would be an exciting life to live full of all sorts of cool experiences and the powers would be fun to play around with. Val makes me happy though, so it wouldn't mean much without her.

I don't especially want to Jump myself, it's more the fantasy of someone out there making things right. So I tend to imagine my Jumper as a fundamentally heroic person, gradually becoming a wiser and more efficient savior.

All the time and en masse, though I usually favor defensive and general utility powers and place restrictions on what they can do with it. The idea is mostly to give them the means to protect themselves from violence, nature, etc... without them turning that power against other people. Eventually, a new, more peaceful social order prevails. I'm also pretty liberal with helping the sciences and the arts, so any request for specific powers that help that has a good chance to be granted.

Chance at amazing adventure, endless pleasures, real power and the ability to control my life as I want, great challenges, going to Toriko for the food, meeting certain fictional people in reality (Superman, Usagi, All Might etc) countless stuff really. I'd find it near impossible to turn down, even if only to get one or two things. I'd certainly have far more fun if I could bring my little bee with me but even without, I might go along just so I can get some stuff to bring back, as long as time was frozen anyway. No time freeze, no deal, no matter how much I'd like otherwise.

Also like, where else am I going to be able to get to have an entire clone army of myself?

.... Doc Brown from Back To The Future is the only other one I can think of. Maybe also Q from Star Trek.

Zelretch from Fate.

So I just finished getting my candy ass kicked around all of Big O by one of my rivals who put into motion his plot for godhood by exploiting a drawback to gather parts from every mecha jump I had ever been to to create a godbody.

The fight itself lasted about three years. I'm exhausted. Everyone else is exhausted.

Where, besides Rurouni Kenshin and Cardcaptor Sakura, are jumps comfy enough to just... take thirty or so years. Introduce Misato to the calmer parts of the chain... get Alduin calmed the fuck down and get a fucking job as a mortal... and maybe just fucking take a nap.

... Planeswalkers?

I ship it

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

Take a look at ?

Mm, not sure how to implement it. Did have a think but couldn't find anything I thought worked well as a drawback to reflect it.

>No time freeze, no deal, no matter how much I'd like otherwise

You have lots of time travel options, hlw would that matter much?

The Slice of Life Jump is literally just a comfy world of your design using the options present to fuck about in. It's modern Earth by default, but can be designed with monster people, magic, high tech and other stuff based on what Jumps you've visited. I think you can even have it take place in a world similar to a past Jump since it mentions something about "Slice of Life Fallout" if I remember correctly. With that stuff in mind, you could probably make a world where Alduin and other companions can hang out in their true forms and let everything hang out instead of hiding.

A decent chance for any technology or magical devices to fizzle out and stop working for hours at a time?

Thats probably the most literal interpretation I can think off.

Man, I remember that thing. What a fantastic AMV.

Yeah, I know. Still wouldn't. Travelling back in time doesn't change that I let that stuff happen once.

Remember this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=oT_TMjG0ULs

Not bad either. Not as good an AMV I think, even if it's a much better song.

youtube.com/watch?v=VLwwTnHMyU0

This is still my favourite though. Fantastic song, fantastic video.

Holy shit, that AMV is ancient in internet years. I'm surprised it still holds up.

Sliders

Protagonists and their companions get an immortality fruit

>this thread

>this life

Let's just say I'm tired of being tired.

More and more often as my chain progresses.
Who is generally based on luck perks to meet them and perception perks to recognise them.
Why to make the worlds better.
How by power-granting perks and items of course.
Post-chain, future me will use one of the omnipotent wish rewards to retroactively make everyone eventually able to be jumpers (sorry about the wait, folks).

Sora from Kingdom Hearts is damn close. Traveling between worlds, picking up new abilities relevant to that world's themes, forced to blend in, often interacts with canon plots but explores the world in ways not covered in the source material since he's actually going to the world. Donald and Goofy are basically his companions.

>This world

But user, if everybody are jumpers... No one will be.

RIP

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHp7-azrj2c

>Travelling back in time doesn't change that I let that stuff happen once.

If you grabbed one of the stable time loop options and either a paradox immunity or continuity preservation option (or both), so long as you avoided interacting with your home universe (pretty easy under default rules, maybe not under others), then immediately upon finishing your chain you could use it to immediately return to just after you left?

I know that feel exactly. I'm a dead man if I ever seriously believe that jumpchain is an afterlife. If only there was a way, I'd be on it in a heartbeat, and there's very little I wouldn't give for it. I'm tired of the same monotony and not having anything resembling control over my life. Even if things were dangerous it'd be better than living another day being nobody.

>Not wanting post-chain multiplayer
How else could we penance stare Bancho?

>What's your reasons for wanting to jump?
Knowledge, power, experiences, creation, and benevolence.
I want to know things that would have torn my soul apart before my adventure began.
I want to have power so far beyond human understanding that new words have to be invented to describe the breadth and scope of it.
I want to live a life so far off the beaten track that no one else can ever come close to trailblazing as I have.
I want to create things so incredible that they could be worshipped as gods themselves.
And when the chain ends and my first adventure comes to a close, I want to gently guide my home dimension to the paradise I know it can be.

and after Tera, everybody else is at each other's throats.

We talk this out every time potato mode's brought up. It's an inevitable conclusion.

Ah, lemme explain in a different way. Even if I can go back and change time, which is pretty easy, I'm not going to be able to make the choice to go ahead anyway. Whatever the actual end result would be, I wouldn't be able to live with the knowledge that decades were passing in my home universe.

Let's just say I had a huge supply of Faith and a lot of time to develop my Lores, and upgrade them beyond typical limits (Lores 6-10), what can I expect to be able to do?

Brb guys, gotta go recontemplate my life real quick.

>penance stare Bancho
I'm not even sure that would work. He's really, really oblivious.

Look at it like this - all those people you hate, like Red, would be dead of old age or worse in that time.

>Post-chain, future me will use one of the omnipotent wish rewards to retroactively make everyone eventually able to be jumpers (sorry about the wait, folks).
There's that theory that since the only verifiable truth is our own existence and everything is filtered through perception. Perhaps the reason none of us are jumpers is because nobody is a jumper in our reality to have gone on and become jump-chan or some shit, and hence no multiplayer. Then it's just chicken and egg. I have no fucking idea, I want the chain and it's all just wishful thinking.

Should I Daghteru a Sekirei version of Shirou Emiya/Kuro?

Weak Jumper dies or become associated with stronger Jumpers, and the rest simply go into a cold war like in the Archmages in Mage or the Black Kings in Kill Six Billion Demons.

It's a natural conclusion. That, or some actual Outer Gods descend and call on our shit for wrecking the omniverse.

Self-memory erasing.

>How often do you empower non-companion characters in a setting?
Sparingly, I can only assume that it will become more common the farther along I get and the more options I have.
>Who
Sometimes protagonists, sometimes side characters. Sometimes people that would have died under normal circumstances.
>Why
If I think it'll be entertaining, mostly. Sometimes to prevent things from happening that I think would interfere with my fun.
>How
Currently through custom ray-guns and occasional power-armor. Rarely I hand out chemical/biological mods, but these tend to have permanent effects on appearance, and I don't want to ruin some poor fucker's life by turning them into a monster.

Maybe you're a jumper who took a no powers, no memories drawback, and all the time you spend here is your subconsciousness trying to remind you.

When in the Sonichu jump it says you can't use Jumpville to get thing other than adventures does that include mundane things like going to the corner store to get some milk?

>I don't want to ruin some poor fucker's life by turning them into a monster.
What do you mean ruin?

Not at all. See, your first life(s), unless some other ROB intervenes, you (and everybody else on your, ah, our, little speck) don't get to be a Jumper.

Think of it as jump zero.

Or we're all jumpers and this is the selection gauntlet with mandatory powerless and amnesia drawbacks where the omniverse's Benefactors watch to decide who'll be added to their harems teams.

Kuro, not Shirou
And don't daughteru her.

Yes. That would be sustenance/nutrition.

Is there any better use of Jumpchain than to traverse the multiverse as a spear-user and kick in the teeth of every swordbrat that's ever existed?

Gun says hello.

Gun also says good-bye.

Yes, to smash every spearcuck in the face with your pommel

I'm not gonna make somebody look like Rocksteady or Bebop for the sake of a little enhanced strength and durability. There are better ways.

Yes. By not being a dumbass hipster who doesn't understand historical context or what tools are.

Yes, make them look like Rocksteady and Bebop and Krang walked into a bender. They'll thank you when they've been liberated of the oppressive societal construct known as humanity.

Hammers are more fun. JUMPER SMASH!
>capchka is spon innside
What did you fuckers do?

Er, no, the whole point of my suggesting using one of jumpchain's stable time loop options is to avoid changing time, so that you can return to your own universe just after you left. Because time travel is subjective, for you your old universe was indeed frozen.

Although I could understand you not being willing to risk not being able to grab such an option during your chain. It is kind of a "all the eggs in one basket" type risk after all.

Seems uncharacteristic of me because as far as I know I'd never do either. But then again if I'm fucking around with my own memory I'd have no way of knowing. I've been alive longer than 10 years though, might be until I hit 28/30/some shit or until I die. Maybe it's a semblance of home and a bit of return to normality.
Possible. be interesting.to see if that's true. It'll give each the opportunity to prove themselves and show they've got the mental fortitude or whatnot to do it. I'd suicide if that'd expedite the process, but I have a feeling I'd be disqualified by doing so. Life's a massive waste of time when you're an ordinary person. I want it desperately.

What if the Earth is a gauntlet?

I don't care about whether I end up back at the right time. I care about whether I'm going to be jumping with the knowledge that my partner will likely age and die without me back home. Whether or not I eventually erase that from happening, it'd still be happening during that time and have happened in my memory. Even if no one else remembers that that happened, I'd still need to live with it happening as I go through the chain.

This is all on the idea that time is not frozen. As I said earlier, if it was, I'd have no problem going through and picking stuff up to bring back.

Ah, but where those origin memories, or did they belong to you as a jumper? Maybe the jump started just recently.

inb4 someone makes a joke gauntlet for Earth

Obviously the most challenging gauntlet.
an untold number of jumpers, on one planet with no powers, no memories, and all for the grand prize.

That's exactly the point. This is why the whole cyberization and teleporter "is it really you" shit is an issue. If I can't trust reality as anything could be a construct fed to my mind sitting in a jar somewhere, and I can't trust my memories as they've been tampered with, I have no way of knowing if I'm not a jumper. Seems awful silly to put myself into depressing situation knowingly, but it makes more sense in the context of having done so that I might appreciate my position more. I really hope so. Like I said, I'd kill myself if it was a sure thing, but I feel like killing myself is a loss condition, disqualification etc, on top of just being plain wrong. about the existence of the chain.

I have been self-inserting myself and imagining getting unlimited power (either by reincarnation, a genie or just awakening some ancient power inside of me) since I was a kid. I have been self-inserting since I started consuming media.

I mean, life has never been horrible, not even bad. School, college were good. And nowadays I would say it's also good. I have friends, family, income, free time to use that. Yet, each time I watch or read some fantasy or sci-fi series, I find myself realizing how dull my life it is. There is nothing special about it. Life will come and go, and even the happiest and saddest moments will be forgotten.

So I guess more than friendship, adventure or even high-power, I feel like immortality would be the greatest blessing for me. As long as I can keep moving, even if I'm not the top dog, forever, I would be happy. Friends would come and go, the same can be said about power, but at least I would remain there.

>I really hope so. Like I said, I'd kill myself if it was a sure thing, but I feel like killing myself is a loss condition, disqualification etc, on top of just being plain wrong. about the existence of the chain.

Man, even if I knew that, I doubt I could do it. Everything seems better than a chance of ending in oblivion too early.

Oh, nonono. *pulls chalk and board from hammerspace*. Stable Time Loop Time Travel, the short edition:

Alice and Bob are hugging at 2017, Sep 29, 1:00am.
Alice leaves Bob to go on her Jumpchain adventure.
Five thousand years pass for Alice, in which she avoids doing anything that interacts with Bob's future.
Alice uses the Phoenix Gate from Gargoyles to travel back in time.
Alice returns to Bob at 2017, Sep 29, 1:01am.
Because time travel via Phoenix Gate does not allow the traveller to change their past, this means that while five thousand years and one minute passed for Alice, she was _always_ only away from Bob for one minute.
Alice and Bob live happily ever after.

Protip: if you do this, and have fate-defying perks, make sure you also have paradox-immunity perks to protect from accidentally'ing yourself.

what jumps have good psionics/psychic systems?

...okay, if you're not getting this by now, I don't think you will further on. You have a good evening user, I'll leave you with a cute girl.

But how do we know what to do? I guess that's a roundabout way of asking what our purpose is. Without a God or a benefactor, my conclusion is that there is none and we need to create our own purpose.

How am I expected to compete for the prize when I don't how to play?

Honestly, I've got nothing but vidya and shitposting on Veeky Forums going for me. College is sucking the life out of, as is my dead-end job. I'm trying to better myself since I don't like to ride that kind of gamble. I'd do it if there was a reasonable chance, would probably need 25% or better. to actually do it, really depends on the other results. Honestly oblivions bad but I can deal with it. It's a reason I don't particularly enjoy the thought of there being anything resembling a standard religion and God since Hell of any stripe is literally a fate worse than death. Oblivion is getting off easy by comparison and the thought of Hell and endless torture is one thing that keeps me alive. Spite is another. Like I've kind of resigned myself that I'm going to oblivion at best, and if hell exists I'm in all likelihood going there. That's what fuels my grip on life.

user, it's like this. If she is gone for let's say a good eight jumps, eighty years will have passed back here. In that time, NuBee will have stopped hearing from her for whatever reason and will go through the rest of his life never knowing what happened to her until the day he dies.

Val doesn't want that on her mind while she's Jumping, even if she could go back and change things after she gets back. She also doesn't want to risk dying at some point, coming back, and never being able to fix that or going back to NuBee.