I am going to be running a dread campaign. My players want me to make it based on SCP...

I am going to be running a dread campaign. My players want me to make it based on SCP. What would are some good SCPs to use? Everyone is going to be D class personnel. The last time I checked SCP they were on the original 1000

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/sarkicism-hub
scp-wiki.net/scp-2439
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You could try one of the wyrder ones, like SCP-055.

055 is a tame one. For now, consider this
scp-wiki.net/sarkicism-hub

Also, they already have scps up to 3000.

Ok, I am out of my commute, so let's elaborate, shall we? Firstly, them being D-Class kinda complicates things, since there aren't many scenarios where multiple D-Class are in contact with SPC, yet with multiple ones. Firstly, let's start with the one the Foundation isn't aware of, that's being containted by D-Class themselves.

scp-wiki.net/scp-2439
It's a memetic hazard: it attacks and corrupts everyone that knows about it, so D-Class must prevent scientists from getting any interest in the room it's in.

Ideally, a good scenario for D-Class to have real horror would be to put them in containment breach scenario: multiple security measures failed and now they wonder the facility trying to survive. Hell, what I am describing is already a computer game, called SCP: Containment Breach. Look it up, it may prove useful.

For now, do you have some sort of overall plot?

first and foremost, no SCP you use should be 100% like the article. it stops metagaming.

second.
I made a list of "fun" SCPs a few years ago. HOWEVER, when I went back to check on them some entries had changed or been removed

granted these are meant to be FUN not killy or creepy encounters

011 is good for a humor encounter (mobile civil war statue)

015 is good for a creepy location(pipe nightmare)

021 is a good violent encounter thats still within the realms of "possible to kill"(skin wyrm)

039 another "fun" encounter, mostly harmless engineer creatures(proboscis engineers)

110 is a good "creepy place" that is probably budgeted in D-class personnel for the dangerous shit.

098 is a good "trap" encounter(surgeon crabs)

143 is my personal favorite alongside a personal variant "the needle-pine trees"

274 makes a good location+hostile encounter its creepy too

I am up to SCP 553

The mineral butterflies.

I've just been reading them from 1 and onward. Many are referenced by the others, I have read some of those also. Is there a method or order by which you are meant to read them or am I doing it correctly?

it's best practice to read them in numerical order

but keep another tab open to reference back and forth with.

Thank you. That sounds very helpful

Toss them into the city of Alagadda without any warning whatsoever. Or just set them lose in CASE: COLORLESS GREEN.

indeed

here is that "old list" I made
it may be of use to you...if you can read the damn thing...

and the second set of data

indecipherable notes can be fun too sometimes...

Currently reading them at random, more or less. Picking a title I like the look of.

3008 would work well as a setting.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I posted this, but my internet went out. These are some great suggestions. I will change them a bit to keep them from meta gaming.

i don't have any SCPs but i'm planning on using these for thieves' cant some day. might be useful here.

>Symbols have been compromised
NOPE NOPE NOPE

>symbols have been compromised
i know nothing about SCP and the picture seems high enough quality to be readable to me. i have no idea what you're talking about.

>antimemetics campaign
I wish I knew someone capable of running one

It means some dipshit is going around with a stick of chalk altering the symbols. Dangerous if dealing with anything that cause fatality or some sort of mutilation like most of the SCP anomalous materials do.

or

There is something that infects information. If it is contagious enough to spread via people then killing yourself is possibly considered a win state in such an encounter.

I don't think there is anyone alive on this Earth that is capable of properly running an Antimemetics Division campaign. Especially against an enemy as grandiose as SCP 3125.

... one of the symbols is "symbols have been compromised"
user is NOPEing because if you see it you can't trust any of the other symbols and you're probably going to die