/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

DB Edition, with complementary House Tepet Preview

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1144643-kickstarter-update-113-house-tepet-preview?p=1144935#post1144935
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds like a perfect system to run wyrd games.

I'm not even kidding.

Wyrd games?
What kind of a new meme is this?

You're not fooling anyone, hylicsanon.

No clue who that is though

When was there ever a leak of Arms? Post a link to it.

Maybe he’s just fucking with us, user.

there are new entries in Hundred Devils Night Parade. I know that Cloud People were in the leak, but I'm curious to see what the hell 'Fang Blossom' means. Some kind of plant monster?

Thanks. People work fast.

>begging for links

Stop being a lazy fuck and just google it.

The Princes of the Universe is pretty great
>Make a baby from circle's body stuff without telling them with Neomah Good Stuff
>Announce the baby's existence during the great festival
>Circle starts fighting about baby being a thing
>Swords are drawn and initiative rolled
>Get baby to safety in a room
>Random chick suddenly in the room asks if she can take the baby to safety
>Sure
>Chick melts into wall and disappears
>Wait_fuck.png

>>Make a baby from circle's body stuff without telling them with Neomah Good Stuff
Did you /want/ them to accuse you of inserting your magical realm in the game or did you have a legitimate reason?

He wanted to make a front to unite the circle behind or something

It kind of fucked things over since all of the circle didn't like the baby happening even if one was going to just deal with it and raise the baby since it's a thing.
And he didn't tell anyone except the Abyssal they'd hired to work with them until he goes back to Mask of Winters about the baby being kidnapped

The first two episodes were a bit boring but things picked up in episode 5 (starts at 3)

How dark is the Calibration?
Does the Sun rise? I know Luna doesn't.
And the stars are hidden as well, if I remember correctly.
Where can I read about it anyway?

so whats the catgirl do with the baby?

god forbid in a general about a game people ask for direction to material for said game right?

it sounds like some retarded plotline that would have been cut from buffy or something.

like a retarded plotline they actually used in grimm or v or wynnona erp or most other shows like that which run on too long

Idk I'm at the episode after losing it

Calibration is literally 'the skies are turned off for routine maintenance', neither the sun nor the moon nor the stars show themselves. It's not completely dark either, the world is set in a strange haze that is neither dusk or twilight.

Time for everyone's favorite -- What is your favorite Direction/City in Creation, and why?

Lookshy because honour and preservation of the past

I just did. There's fucking nothing other than the last thread and some threads from 2015.

The South and Chiaroscuro, no contest.

When it's painfully easy to find, yes it is.

Then learn how to use google.

Dreaming Sea. Conan in Exalted, where you can run a massive war story with the Dragonblooded vs the Solars without needing to worry about the former collapsing into spontaneous civil war. Where there's a bunch of prehuman ruins for the PCs to loot in an Exalted-tier dungeon crawl. Where there's a city of mortal sorcerors who might very well be able to do things like create flying cities if they work together for a decade or two.

I'm 90% convinced you're a troll. I literally just googled "'Arms of the Chosen' leak" and "'Arms of the Chosen' pdf" and all I'm finding is this thread, the last one, some things talking about the Arms of the Chosen *previews*, and some things talking about the original 3e corebook leaks.

Absolutely not, the sun still rises and I believe the moon does as well however I think the books have both said it does and doesn't. The stars definitely do not show however.

Cool, thanks

More like 95 %.
I was getting excited when I saw that in the last thread but I couldn't find anything.

The moon doesn't, the Core specifically refers to Calibration as "moonless".

The South is pretty awesome, easily the best Direction.

user, you are thiiiiiiiiiiiick.

East. It's the only direction not completely dominated by a single terrain feature unlike West (water fucking everywhere), South (lol desert only final destination), or North (frozen water everywhere, whoo such variety).

Isn't the east just pure jungle/forest?

Start of the east is the Hundred Kingdoms, basically generic European plains with different kingdoms of different kind

Trees, user. It's all just trees. Granted, near the Realm, it's fine, but so is the North.

Forests have clearings. And trees and vegetation comes in many varities. And theres large parcels of land way before it turns into "trees forever". It also has varying climates beyond just "always hot" and "always cold".

tl;dr The other directions are too mono-climated and dominated by one feature for me to really like them much at all.

Honestly, that's why I liked that 3e added the Dreaming Sea, the Caul, and those lakes by Harborhead. They should have added even more if they could have.

Why are the Infernals so fucking amazing?

Snakes for hands?

you're better at balance than me. I've got a mixed circle of solars and lunars in 2e. does it break too much if I make a lunar's pool the same size it normally is but redistribute that total into 50/50 personal and peripheral?

unless they have literally nothing in common with the preview they won't be in 3e :(

luckily we dont have to worry about that for 20 years

Preview got shit canned for being canned shit. Here's to hoping that best girl is still around.

>you will never have yozi excellencies in 3e
>you will never have a shintai charm in 3e
>you will never be a devil tiger in 3e
it hurts

Because Jenna Moran was such a good writer that she managed to make the Primordials sympathetic, and make everyone jump onto the wild ride that is homebrewing.

The reason why Personal motes are lower than Peripheral ones is that otherwise it'd be a lot easier for Exalts to go by unnoticed. Like that's just common sense. It's not the game would break, but it would give the Lunars an unfair advantage.

>best girl
More like worst girl. Best girl is pic related.

Shintai are confirmed as being the Infernal Exalts "Thing" like Solar Supernal abilities, Lunar shapeshifting, or Sidereal Astrology.

lunars have "solars but shittier" as basically their only niche in 2e. the whole point was to give them even one area of advantage by being able to spend much more sneakily. also it mitigates the stupid of forcing you into your true form if you glow by pushing that off so far it's your own fault.

my question is if that is too much

that's something entirely different with the same name. are we going to have a silly samantics argument about how the word is more important than both the concept and implantation like we did with not calling exatlations "shards" anymore?

Lunars ARE more sneaky in 3e, because now you can use peripheral motes without glowing, as long as you use less than 5 per roll.

Except that we don't know how Shintai will work. The Shintai in the preview is obsolete.

If the hivemind uses pronouns that are actual words, I'll put up with it.

To the guys who were arguing about the nature of a vaktri's earthsense, Vance's response is just to treat it as a form of hearing.

What the fuck is wrong with her face?

Wow, what a fucking obvious answer. Seriously, why did that need to be clarified? Would a low tier spirit really have a method of just completely fucking Solar Stealth and Stealth in general? That's fucking retarded.

>DB Edition, with complementary House Tepet Preview
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view
I assume plenty of people around here have an opinion about Tepet Niruz one way or another, but I think there's really only one thing wrong with the character's short writeup. That's the simple fact that the Realm doesn't really have strong gender roles or gendered expectations, especially not when it comes to the Dragon-Blooded. Foreswearing gender doesn't really have much to do with "emphasizing truth to one's self above conforming to the expectations of others". Similar attitude would make more sense for someone coming for a culture with actual gender roles. For instance, a Delzahn who refuses to stick to the role of either gender would genuinely be refusing to conform to expectations.

I thought that the DBs frowned on butch women and effeminate men, but turned a blind eye to gay relationships because they didn't produce bastards?

>I thought that the DBs frowned on butch women and effeminate men
They frown on softness and weakness, whether man or woman.

so that's a yes for 2e which was specifically mentioned in the initial question?

realm would like butch women and frown on effeminate men iirc, but only because all dragonbloods are supposed to be combat ready, even though it's less of a soldier culture than lookshy.

and I agree that house tepet is stupid because it doesn't actually fit the realm unless they changed it in 3e solely to oppress these snowflakes.

I agree, but I basically just wanted the noise to stop.

>"emphasizing truth to one's self above conforming to the expectations of others."

This is perfectly fine. But not as written.

What is the true self of Niruz? A man? A woman? A bisgender? A doubleplus metagender? An attack helicopter?

Niruz, as he is written, hasn't chosen his fucking gender. This is not courageous. This is not a fucking virtue. This is not 'emphasizing truth to the self above others' when he doesn't even know his fucking self, the fucking moron.

What he is fighting for? For the recognition of his right not to choose at all? What an incredible warrior. Oh, how it must be difficult to fight the establishment. They view him as a man or a woman, when it facts he doesn't know, he's kind of meh about it, you know, so and so, and he will fight you to the death for his right to... not know himself?

Only in the warped and putrescent minds of the worst SJWs that exist is that a virtuous and courageous behaviour.

Vance clarified that Niruz consciously chooses to not identify with a specific gender, and uses the swearing of a warrior code mainly as a means to make it socially palatable to his House.

>Only in the warped and putrescent minds of the worst SJWs that exist is that a virtuous and courageous behaviour.

>I'm so fucking triggered I'm gonna rant about a one-paragraph writeup who gives a nod or two about non-binary gender, and treat it as though it's the second coming of the Great Contagion

I think what they're doing is placing real world identity politics into the game. In certain parts of the internet it'd be "brave," but if no one around Niruz cares, is it really the same?

Tangentially, wasn't there a Lunar who changed gender every decade or so?

>What is Exalted?
More niche than Dragon Age RPG, not as good as other fantasy game engines, offering little beyond developer drama.

Did I get it?

>I think what they're doing is placing real world identity politics into the game. In certain parts of the internet it'd be "brave," but if no one around Niruz cares, is it really the same?

They can do whatever the hell they want so long as there's more to their characters than their diversity check-mark. I hope Niruz gets a writeup and we hear more about what other tenets their code contains, how else they've had to constrain themselves to fit in, and what kinds of shit they get up to.

Someone must inject some common sense into the game, you know. You will thank me when you grow up and cast-off your, frankly, ridiculous beliefs. You will laugh then, and it would be my pleasure to buy you a beer and to discuss how much you were stupid when you were young. I know, I was stupid too when I was your age.

It's all good fun right now. Just don't do anything too stupid you'll regret when you abandon your beliefs in non-binary non-existent metagenders, okay?

Same, it's just that I feel that with all the write ups being a single paragraph long, they wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't important. Let's see what the future writeups hold.

>Tangentially, wasn't there a Lunar who changed gender every decade or so?
I think there was. I'm not sure if he/she had their own writeup or if they were mentioned in the writeup of another Lunar, but there was a mention of someone like that somewhere.

>They can do whatever the hell they want so long as there's more to their characters than their diversity check-mark. I hope Niruz gets a writeup and we hear more about what other tenets their code contains, how else they've had to constrain themselves to fit in, and what kinds of shit they get up to.
I'm happy with the fact that Niruz' writeup in the preview, short as it was, wasn't primarily about gender politics. The character was first introduced as a stubborn governor trying to protect their position and that of their House despite adversity and interference of the other Houses.

>Tangentially, wasn't there a Lunar who changed gender every decade or so?
I'm pretty sure there's several.

I don't see what the fuzz about Niruz is. Exalted is a very gay game. If you play Exalted you will run into gay or lesbian or trans or gender-nonconforming people. Back in 2001 it might have been considered trendsetting or innovative to have a setting openly discussing these people, but these people don't want noteworthiness, just acceptance. It's no big deal.

In that way it's similar to how gay people in the Realm will likely have to find some way to have a kid regardless as to appease their Houses.

I mean if some straight guy has to marry a woman he absolutely hates and is still expected to have children, gay DBs sexual orientation shouldn't be something they can flag as a way to get out of having a kid.

>But I don't like vaginas dad!
>I don't give a fuck, grit your teeth and think of the Realm, you have a duty to continue this family

Fuck who you want on your off time but damn it you're gonna get married and if you have to be with someone you can't have kids with you better find a sorcerer, demon, or spirit bullshit that will let you have a kid out of your ass or something.

This fucking Oglaf comic will never not make me laugh.

The flip side of that is that it's a bit annoying that response to somebody on the forums asking whether there would be representation of things like gender-non-binaryism and other alternative lifestyles and such was something other than "...dude, have you fucking read EITHER of the last two goddamn Exalted editions? Do so and stop asking stupid questions."

>forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1144643-kickstarter-update-113-house-tepet-preview?p=1144935#post1144935

Ahh, good to see that even when most of the Exalted forum regulars are generally being sane and reasonable one can always count on *somebody* to flip the fuck out.

This is not funny unless you are mentally deffecient

It is if you actually have a healthy sense of the absurd and why the absurd is amusing.

Failure to perceive is the sign of mental deficiency. You might want to get yourself checked for learning disorders. No, this isn't a burn, I am seriously worried for your health.

>Forests have clearings
And oceans have islands, and deserts have mountain ranges and oasis, and frozen tundras have forests and valleys. If you're gonna grossly simplify a direction based on what appears on the map at least be consistent.

>wasn't there a Lunar who changed gender every decade or so?

pretty much every single elder they have. people who would have problems with shapeshifting don't get picked as lunars

Most Lunars keep their gender identity, however. No matter what they transform into, they see themselves as having a default sex. I'm talking about one who changes their gender and corresponding sex every decade or so.

I found the Lunar I was talking about by the way. Flying Python, spouse of Rain Deathflyer. They created the Republic of Halta.

it's relevant to the discussion. also I'm not deficient...you're deficient.

humans are SUPERIOR

looking at lunar charms...is "Herd-Strengthening Tactic" proof they just had a list of stock names that would be randomly assigned to charms they couldn't think of a better title for so they didn't hold up release dates?

"I can't think of another synonym for crippling" "release date is coming up, just grab something off the lunars list"

>If you play Exalted you will run into gay or lesbian

Fine.

>or trans or gender-nonconforming people.

I am not encouraging literal mental illness.

The Yozi have cool, strange, and interesting abilities that Infernals use unlike Solars whose abilites can be summed up as really good at something. In addition Infernals had the ability to create heretical charms and go Devil-Tiger which showed that they were actually better than the Yozi and mostly likely would surpass them.

Abyssal user from the other thread here, what are some good non-Solar-Mirror charm ideas for Abyssal Bureaucracy?

Stuff like Abyssal Stealth or Larceny are simple in my mind, the Abyssals emulate living shadows or doppelgangers, they render themselves invisible in shadows or steal faces.

But what's a good undead analogy for Bureaucracy? Zombies? Making people extensions of your will, a by-the-numbers mindless organization?

Two questions: first, about "dog ear method" ...are animals always sentient? or does the lunar's magic just temporarily uplift them so they can hold a conversation only to fade when the animal leaves their presence?
and do the animals know or care that this happens? if I go find the same cat I talked to a month ago and re-brain it would it have the same personality and memories?

Second question: can "courtesan's possession" be used on non-humans? I'd think there'd be no reason to need to ask, but then theres the innate lunar ability to make beastmen.

Abusing systematic organization to weaken members of the organization's intimacies of both the results and their involvement to the results. Organizations dehumanize not only people but also distance themselves from the results.

You're just delivering goods. Doesn't matter what it is for. He's just mixing the chemicals, not applying the poison. He's just selling the children. He needs to eat and they were already slaves.

I would say most animals, but particularly cats, absolutely have a sense of self, they don't need magic to hold a conversation. If they're smart enough, they probably know that that human-that-isn't-always-human probably shouldn't be able to talk to them, but I don't think they'd care. I mean have you ever seen a cat. Those fucks rarely care about anything.

Thanks, this is useful.

Is there a guide to making your own Artifacts anywhere?

As in Homebrewing stuff, as opposed to crafting them? That's in Arms, which isn't out yet.

This is funny unless you are mentally deficient.

Also what makes this comic extra hilarious is that it works as a joke pointed at obnoxious Exalted players. They weren't happy with Realm having being okay with homosexual relationships. No. We want to have gay marriage. Doesn't matter marriage in this society is intended for political alliance and breeding next generation of super soldiers. Nope. 2017. We need to be progressive.

What about breeding children when we are biologically incompatible? No worries. We will use demons and sorcerers (that are despised and seen only as a necessary evil) to create children.

This comic feels like a reply to their absurdity. And I love it for it.

Praise Holden

I don't get it.

Sunder the Gold's been shitting up Ask the Devs thread with inane questions for ages, finally someone said something about it to him.

You forgot posting stupid ass threads in general where only he posts on the forum

Right, sorry

Why does he still have an account? I see has over 2500 posts. And you say he has been asking stupid questions for long, long time. Why isn't he warned or banned already?