Infinity General: Bark Bark It's the Sound of da Police Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where space cops sometimes have to become space furries so that they can investigate the space furry fighting rings.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because nothing says undercover cops than being more machine than human, and the human parts of you looks furry.

Hi guys. A friend of mine give me 2 minis i liked(Soragat Tempest Regiment and Tearlach McMurrough) without basettes: there's a way to know which one they use(32, 40, 60mm)??

Yeah, the stats of the models standardize their size (which also lets you know their base size.

army.infinitythegame.com

McMurrough is on a 40mm base. (S6)

Sogarat is also on a 40mm base (S5).

They've got different heights but the same base size.

Both are 40mm.

You can tell from the silhoutte (S) value on their stats. S1 and 2 are 25mm, S3, 5 and 6 are 40mm, and S4 and 7 are 55mm.

I wish more people in my area played this game

Also, there's S8 that only the Maghariba Guard uses, it has its own 70mm base size.

Be the change you want to see

Thank you very much

Daily reminder to protect your TAGs.

I want to protect his smile.

>flgs has 3 nights a week of mtg, and 3 nights a week of d&d (sat and sun during the day are d&d as well
>all wargames share the one remaining night
>people playing 40k on the floor because there is not enough room
>management encouraging 2v2 matches or having 40k and x-wing share tables during games
>hey guys want to play infinity

>tfw no tagfu

Why don't you play at home or club? Or find a new lgs?

Not him, but playing at home means you need terrain and space. I found myself in a situation where I have more terrain than I need, but I don't have a proper surface to set it up. Storing a 4'x4' piece of plywood could be problematic.

>he doesn't have room for two 2'x4' foam sheets

>he thinks that in an avarge flat in my country there is space enough for a 2'x4' that isn't essential to work or living.

>what is vertical storing

what are coffin apartments

Not an "avarge flat in my country", that's for sure

bout to get reeeeal sci fi up in this bitch

I can't imagine your "average space'. I live in Russia and me and my friends can find enough space for a 2x2 carnage in 40k.

The avarge flat for single in my country is 14 square meters, for a family its is 26-30, Everything else is your super rich. I already have every wall, bed and space filled with stuff that I use daily. Even if I did have a enough space for 4x4 board, there is no way I would have space for terrain. Maybe on the off days, when my mother isn't drying stuff, I could keep the terrain in a plastic trash bag hanging outside of our balacony. But it is neither safe, nor can be done when rain seson starts or when it is really hot. So outside of a store I could be playing infinity for around 2 months per year.

Not Russian, but this is true. Westerners live in fucking huge 100square meter flats or private houses, and thing that most of the world lives exactly the same. I remember the face of my cousin, when she came to visit to pay respect to grandfather grave, and found out that to sleep we have to fold everything down, and my dad and me still have to sleep in the corridor, so everyone can fit.

Why do third worlders bother with expensive hobbies when they should save up for better living conditions?

Do you live in Asian Megalopolis?

Burgers prefer to live in suburbian, cardboard nightmares, I know.

Nice and chec'd

I see that mat is only 2x2', but on the picture, the terrain looks pretty dense sitting on it. How well does that terrain scale up to the standard 4x4'?

each box has a 2x2 mat, i got 3 boxes and an extra mat. came in when I posted so I have no clue yet, but the producer assured me each box fill a 2x2 with multiple levels, not including the strech goals, (like having another 2 boxes). post more as I go

Does anyone want to play the rpg on Roll20?

Is the rpg out?

Same question as last thread. Whats the pitch and what time/time zone?

Ditto.

Parts of it, yes.

Where 'parts of it' translates to 'the core book content and a bunch of adventures' and 'out' translates to 'finished PDF but not printed or officially released'.

ayyy got mine in too!

About the rpg, I'm PST. I can be flexible on time.

Well, I'm PST too. What kind of campaign do you think you'd have fun running?

Am not sure about your country, but my is in top 10. I don't live in a rural era, my father has a very good job.
I live in Fukuoka.

I don't really care, any of the factions, the sea of mirrors setup, war sims. I want to play. It's either this or Through the Breach.

Also, isn't there technically a sourcebook for all factions? Check the rpg page on modiphius. They're 15 ameribux

I was wrong, but you can get them on the kickstarter as either a whole package with all other pdfs (I'm unsure as to how many are currently released, but the promised stuff is actually extensive), a separate funded package, and through add-ons that look like they let you buy them directly for more like 18 Ameribux? I don't know, it's late. All I really care about is that I found the tag book and the aleph book. Imma buy all of the books and run a sweet comic book recreation piloting a stolen O-Yo. Here's the kickstarter link kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game. The modiphius store page just has the big packages containing all the books and collectors stuff.

Pfft. I see the myth of the gold paved streets is still alive and well. Most people in the West live in tiny apartments these days.

Now that I've fully consumed this rotten thread, let's talk about campaign ideas. A whole squad of tsundere military orders, a squad of montesas jajaing it up over nothing, Nomads doing a sweet impression of Scum from EP (Which the setting explanation actually really reminded me of ).

It's actually a common myth about the western world propagated by post communist countries and certain Asiatic ones.

More: Space pirates of Islam Profits, Space Terrorists, Mexican Space Pirates, Space Pirates of an African persuasion, "Legal" Space Pirates, etc. Ooh! Recreations of famous pirates?

all this waffling and I still am no closer to making a purchasing decision. I want a list of aggressive tacticool alien operators, so smoke and boarding shotguns are a must, but that doesn't narrow it down much.

Could you feasibly justify making another Aleph subdivision supporting a different mythos or epic, like The Fenian Cycle? How often would you allow players to just play a faction campaign? How often would you let them specify a group dynamic, like military (Armored Infantry, Tag+Infantry (Is that technically the same thing?)), criminal gang, etc? What are the guidelines for recreations funded by other factions? Are they uniformly publicized, only Aleph knows, or somewhere in between? Would you actually let me play a sweet comic book recreation?

For the Onyx tacticool, the bots are good, even the big ones. Your weird tall guys are pretty good, I think the hacker profile on the starter force model is good.

Morats doing Morat things

A Tohaa expeditionary force boldy going where no artichoke has gone before

A group of mercenaries doing wet work for ALEPH only to uncover some weird motive behind it all that befuddles everyone due to twelve dimensional chess and/or blatant stupidity (break into this facility and steal a bunch of anime for ALEPH to watch)

civvies sneaking into the factory that makes all the Pan-O HI armor, stealing some suits, but during their get away they are mistaken for father-knights, and then teutons.

USAriadna operating out in the desert and pretending it is 2003.

If you're cool at looking at online lists for some reference, they posted this year's Interplanetario (A tournament organized by CB) lists, with several Onyx examples.

No smoke for Onyx, but Rodoks sounds like what you want.

USAriadna reinacting 2000s war movies

Role-playing honorable rage-monkeys

"The humans stink, and keep comparing us to old tropes. We should kill them and take their stuff"

Becoming the best knights after too long as a boring office staff during a wild drunken night

Aleph requiring the HDDDDDDXD remake of the original Ghost in the Shell for "reasons". A new recreation was mysteriously created afterwards....

making things tough are that the batroids are probably the only models I don't really care for in the entirely CA lineup.

I like pretty much all the morats, most of the shas, the sygma, and even the edgelord umbra.

The only really unfortunate models I think are the rasyats, batroids, the charontids, the avatar, and Dr Worm (sorry, but his model just doesn't do it for me). I also like the older remotes' designs more than the current ones.

Japan brings back Sailor Moon as a national pride thing and either buys RCs of the cast or conditions people to perform. Replace with Power Rangers if you want.

How interested are you in your current choices on an aesthetics level vs a mechanics level.

Speaking of my favorite faction conceptually, Onyx Contact Force stuff, basically the dark Star Trek universe (my only real defence is the "In The Mirror Darkly" episodes). I wonder what dark artichokes are like? Basically Dark Eldar?

Combat reality tv shows ( Aristea or actual Warcor stuff)

These typos are killing me, I hate posting from a phone

You could play thread pic related

right now I am mostly looking at it from a hobby perspective with casual games in mind. Once I get a full-size force together I will try to see what the "local" meta is like, since the nearest groups that play regularly are too far to really go to on a frequent basis.

Currently I have just a couple blisters I bought to get back into building/painting miniatures after a hiatus, zerats and the "spec ops" shas model which can proxy as something else, but I wouldn't say I am really tied to those choices.

Would you say that you would like a passable force that you enjoy mechanical y and conceptually sitting the guidelines of your previously stated taste?

Seriously, I'm gonna get cancer from typos

We both know where this is going. Stop before your apartment is full of dropfleet/halo/xwing.

No, if I were to own models, they'd be shitty ork ships. I'd make YouTube videos of them being mounted to rockets and playing the battlefleet sound effect for the big red button

>I wonder what dark artichokes are like? Basically Dark Eldar?
They're a lot like normal artichokes, but with a massive hateboner for the normal Tohaa and a little more individualist.

>civvies sneaking into the factory that makes all the Pan-O HI armor, stealing some suits, but during their get away they are mistaken for father-knights, and then teutons.
This would be really fun for a short campaign, especially if you required everyone to roll on the character creation stuff, so you have the randomest party. They can all be drinking buddies that had a bad idea get incredibly out of hand.

Imagine, The Hangover, but everyone wakes up in armor in-route to Paradiso.

then why when anyone mentions having problems with their FLGS, some western fuckers jump up and tell to just play at home, And this is no way an infinity thing, with WFB/W30k , Warmahordes you get the same question. So either there is one dude writing the same question in multiple languages across forums around the world, or western flats are huge.

Depends on where you live. Just about everywhere but California and the northeast US, you can rent a 750 square foot apartment for $1000 a month. Most people don't live in matchboxes, just the people in coastal metropolisis

>or western flats are huge.
Nah, our flats are normal sized, you're just packed like sardines into tiny flats.

Average size for a one-room apartment in my country is 40 square meters, more than enough to fit a 4x4' piece of wood on a table. The statistics are the same for the two largest cities as well as rural areas, and for apartments to rent or to buy.
Keep telling yourselves that life as a Slav/Balkan/Asian is great.

>Slav
Hey, don't lump us in with the nips. I have plenty of space and could host a 6-table tournament at home pretty comfortably.
(but I only have 3 tables' worth of terrain fuck impulse buys)
t. Slav

longest live, best internet, best healthcare, best and healthiest food, but with access to food from around the world. Can work at top firms from around the world, and you can work in them for life which creates a feeling of safty. No minorities, outside for sex workers and US bases, so your always among your people.
The only thing that is bad, from my point of view, is the TV and retarded gun laws, that make my dad go through hoops to keep his hunting licens.
Sardines live in waste oceans, so am not getting the arguments. If anything they live in huge world wide mensions.

cool but what is the avarge per person. my house, well my dads to be exact, is 50 square meters and considered large. But the kichen living room are all one room, cut the obligatory corridor and bath, the 1/3 of everything being taken up by various wardrobes etc, and my room is 180x90, and that is only because my parents didn't want me to sleep with both my sisters who have to share a room that is only 1.5 of my room.

>cool but what is the avarge per person.
The smallest average living area per person in the country is in the capital city at 33 square meters.
5 people in a 50 square meter apartment sounds like pure hell, how about your parents get better jobs instead of shitting out babies?

>Sardines live in vast oceans, so am not getting the arguments. If anything they live in huge world wide mansions.
I took the liberty of correcting your typos and mistaken words so it makes sense.
Sardines in a can refers to what they look like when they've been canned as food, like in pic related.

Also allow me() to weigh in. I rent a 161 square meter ranch-style house with a front and back yard that are approx. that size again for $950.00 USD per month. The house was built in 1972 though, and so has plumbing issues and aluminum wiring.

>my parents didn't want me to sleep with both my sisters
Well, you are japanese so I can see how that might be a cause for concern.

But when they are in the cans they are dead, they no longer live. Which gives me two options to pick from, either you westerners want all asians to be dead, possible as you are homicidial to the max degree. Or you don't know that sardines are dead in cans, which while safer for me, I would find rather sad.

I can no longer tell if you guys are arguing over whether your living conditions are better or worse than each others'.

Look, we all (except the slavs) live in the toppest of top tier human conditions. Ameriburgers have to deal with rampant racism and filthy obesity, while Japsushis have to deal with suicide-inducing social norms and a general inability to have sex. Either way, you still live better than 90% of the planet.

Shut the fuck up and talk about Infinity.

But you do know that the incest thing is popular fem fetish, and most dudes do not want to do any odd stuff.

You have to be trolling. There's no way you can be part of Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums and not understand what a simile is.

ANYWAY.

Have any of the drawfags been by lately?

It's just an old saying for something that's crammed into a tight space.

That is not true, you can have sex. You just can't have it at home. That is why there are so many affairs at work, and everyone else just has sex outside.

Hey, give some points for creativity at least, they're trying nippontroll instead of slavtroll, keepn' it fresh.

Ah so like rats. An insult. Ok this I get. No idea why sardines are used in such a occasion though, they are dead. Rats in cabbage, that is more fitting. Rats live, and cabage fields are thick.

I can understand not knowing the "packed like sardines" idiom because Japanese/ESL, but this here's just autism.

>either you westerners want all Asians to be dead, possible as you are homicidal to the max
I'm beginning to understand the sentiment.

Cultural differences create different idioms.

What faction do you play?

Omae wa mo shindeiru

It's not an insult.

"We had an uncomfortable trip because our car is so small. We were packed like sardines!"

Nomads and Bahrain Haqqislam.

packed like unclean dead animals. If I called you a dead dog, or that you live like a dead dog. Would you feel insulted ?

You're thinking about it too much.
Using the same logic you've been applying to a simple idiom, obviously you are an anarchist and a muslim sympathizer. Don't let your government find out or they'll kick you out of the country.

That didn't make sense, you cant live like a dead dog, dead dogs are dead, they dont live.

>If I called you a dead dog, or that you live like a dead dog. Would you feel insulted ?
Not particularly. I'd recognise it as an insult, but it's a piss-poor one. If they called me a dead sardine I'd ask what the fuck they're on about.

English idioms didn't spend hundreds of years being used to artfully insult people with strange implications the way Jap ones did, so the sardines being dead or smelling bad doesn't matter much. The point of the expression is that canned sardines are packed closely together, there's nothing more to it than that.

Paging "unclean asians get out reeee" user to the Infinity thread.

Is it just me, or does the new Order Sergeant box seem like a waste in terms of composition? I love their design, but the hacker is largely unnecessary and the combi auxbot handler has no right to be there at all when the HRL can do the job. Seemed like it would have been a good place to put a new MSV spitfire and TO camo sniper, with combi profiles being handled by a future MO starter.

geographically most of california is not that expensive, but in the bay area you start looking at 2500+ a month plus utilities for 500 sqft studio apartments.

DESU the most tacticool Combined faction is Shasvastii. Morats aren't sneaky enough, plus they bring religious crazies and attack dogs to the battlefield. Onyx is less tacticool and more like the Combined Army SS, they're all about hitting people hard and fast and murderous, intimidating psy ops.

>aesthetically speaking, noctifers are just secpnd rate umbras

>gwailos aren't tacticool

>speculos aren't wearing anything

>cadmus have goofy hats

Gwailos are fucking tacticool. They're the crowd control/riot response/boarding team. Less "sneaky operator" and more "brutal doorknocker dogs of war" types.

Noctifers are like those dudes who hide in a ditch for three days pissing in a jar being quit as shit and then pop out and blow up your tank with one rocket.