Have cool worldbuilding idea

>Have cool worldbuilding idea
>search it up on Google
>It's already been thought up and done
Every fucking time

Do it differently? If your idea of a setting is only a single concept in a vacuum you need to rethink how you've been doing things if you expect your stuff to be 'original brand new'

Wyrd how that stuff happens.

There's nothing new under the sun. Just worldbuild and don't worry about it.

There is nothing new under the sun, as has been said a million times. Just try to do it well or at least in a way that satisfies yourself.

And?

Its not like you're banned from using it.

>think up a name for an NPC or area
>it's already used in some fucking anime

Wyrd indeed.

Originality is worthless. Execution is everything.

Someone else has done it? Okay, sure. All you have to do is do it better.

Do it like japaneese, embrace the fact that you are repeating something in such a blunt way that you end up creating something new and unique

>Be carpenter
>Have cool furniture idea
>search it up on Google
>Four legs and a flat surface "table" has already been thought up and done
Every fucking time

who cares you autistic fuck?

>Be artist
>Have cool painting idea
>search it up on Google
>"Portrait" of pretty girl smiling has already been thought up and done
Every fucking time

If you could create a "new" work of art, it would be genuinely revolutionary.

Seriously, we've reached a point of saturation that anything would be lauded. Trees drawing pictures is a thing user. They just attach a bunch of pens to tree branches, and let the wind draw things.

>be me
>thinking of starting a business
>a place where people give me money for alcohol
>Google it
>bars already exist
Every fucking time

did you justy feel like postng that? Becuase it doesn't answer in any way to user, he was trying to show how retarded it is to seek new concepts, tables and pretty girl portraits have always existed and yet poeple will always do them, because it's not about originality.

what if like, a bar, but also there's music you can dance

>worrying about being super-original and unique all the time
Dude a good game is better than a unique one. It doesn't matter if you literally use Tolkein's world or Moorecock's or whatever. If the game is good the players will like it more than a game that's set in a unique world with unique races and unique locales just for uniqueness' sake. I mean sure that game could be good too but don't lose sight of the forest for the trees my dude.

I actually unironically want to open a board game bar, there's only one in Melbourne and I love it, it's cosy as fuck and good to hang out with friends. Nothing better than going there on a Saturday night and chill drink and play board games

>Be shitposter
>Have cool baitthread idea
>Pull up the catalog
>It's already been thought up and done five times
Every fucking time

Post tired bait anyway.

i don't want to go full reee normies, but those kind of places tend to only bring in players for casual play with popular games, i never see peopel play the games i like there.

>i never see peopel play the games i like there.
Bring your own.

of course i can i wasn't saying that prevents me from playing there, just forcing my thoughts on the places on you.

The entire campaign occurred in left ear of a rabid hobo.

>Have cool idea
>See similar ideas have been done before
>Use those for inspiration and improvement
>Idea is better than before

It's a neat concept, but the standard bar-and-grill business model doesn't map well onto a place where you want people to sit at your tables for 3-4 hours at a time.

I'm making a game set in a fantasy version of the wild west.
Every spanish name or word is already the name of a place somewhere in the western hemisphere, they ruined everything.

>Make npc be called something
>Your players are a buncha fags about it because its from a anime/show/fetish comic

You can have unique things without it being "original". Just be creative and believable.

>Just be creative
You're asking too much of me

Sucks.

Just use it anyway, don't be a faggot.

>have no ideas
>just rip off someone obscure setting verbatim, don't change anything about it
>players never notice

you are seeing it the wrong way, imagine a LGS with a willing table fee. People tend to want to drink and the drinks tend to have a pretty high cost.

Had this. Tried out D&D 5e, and figured I'd go to Adventurer's League. Named my dwarf fighter Draaven Stormshield only to have every motherfucker I told about it tell me its from league of legends.