How do Tempestus Scions get along with the various guard regiments?

How do Tempestus Scions get along with the various guard regiments?

Actual Scions aren't liked by the other regiments. Mostly they're just jelly that Scions get actual armor and useful guns (even though they basically get sent on suicide missions all the time).

Though most guard forces will admire their respective grenadier/stormtrooper regiments (like Kasrkin). Except Krieg; they send the most experienced soldiers with the grenadiers, because it's the most dangerous job, and they've lived too long.

Thumbnail looks like he's holding a radical skateboard.

cadians like karskin, as they grow up/train(ed) on the same world
other regiments are are composed almost completely of stormtroopers:
Harakoni warhawks
Phantine (skyborn?)
Elysians ave above average stormtroopers
Basically drop regiments love stormtroopers while others don't

others don't like them as has been said above and inquisitorial stormtroopers probably get more hate since they're not even part of the guard.
A side note, do gland warriors count as stormtroopers?

Most regiments have a term for Stormtroopers: 'big toy soldiers'

They're envious of the glory and the gear, but most of the time they're ignorant of what life as a Stormtrooper actually entails... which besides suicide missions, is pretty much non-stop conflict going from one war zone to another with little to no reprieve.

>pretty much non-stop conflict going from one war zone to another with little to no reprieve.
Interesting, tell me more please

not that user but scions are like munitions, just shoved from one combat zone to the next for their entire lives until they inevitably die, nothing more nothing less.
their entire existence is simply to fight in what are usually suicide missions where they're dropped from high altitudes

>40,000 keks

I get why they did the whole "Militarum Tempestus" thing and "Scions", but I will never understand why they had to go and change the entire style of what was originally a badass core of these weird dudes with two goggles, tacticool everything, and hot shot lasguns. Old school stormtroopers were baller and it makes me sad we'll probably never get anything ever again, besides berets on the box and Taurox Primes.

That sounds familiar, except for the "high altitudes" part. Tell me more.

Does anyone not like how they don't have that many different units or unique weapons.

One unit it the army does not have many units? Say it isn't so!

Are you possibly stupid?
They have various hotshot guns, an exclusive transport and several different units made from their kit. That's more than most other units get.

>They have various hotshot guns, an exclusive transport and several different units made from their kit. That's more than most other units get.

I'm talking when they had their own little minicodex.

Look at the solar auxilia for a better example of a more fleshed out carpace armored elite human force. GW needs to step their shit up.

That's why theyve been rolled into the Guard codex for 8th.

Is there any mention anywhere of Stormtroopers in traitor regiments? Chaos Stormtroopers?

I absolutely hate the fact that Scions are all mindscrubbed automatons according to the fluff. Kinda makes it hard to make 'em truly my dudes.

Stormtroopers usually go through the same brainwashing program as commissars, so while it's not impossible, there probably aren't a lot of renegades around.

It's stuff like that is why they should have never been seperated from the IG codex. The were loaned out SF dudes/elite corp of a regiment. Trying to take that and making them standalone was a dumb idea to begin with.

thought of that too, but then again, Astartes are psycho conditioned to even greater extent, but they still go renegade/heretic.

Wouldn't be surprised thou if the Stormtroopers would have to be eliminated when the regiment passes the threshold of heresy, as the loyalist element most likely to oppose. Along the commisars and other such.

Minidexes were a cash grab and a total mistake

Some always slip through the cracks, just like Astartes, but they'd be the exception rather than the rule. The Galaxy is a big place, so they probably wouldn't get brought together very often (usually in the very rare instances when a whole unit turns traitor at once), so they'd serve as individual enforcers or unit commanders. Given their physicality, they might also make more suitable hosts for daemons than some average Joe.

Kasrkin in particular are mentally resilient to the allure of Chaos. The best fluff depiction of them we have is a Kasrkin Sergeant *reflexively* charging a demonhost the instant he realizes what it is, and actually landing a blow on it before being killed. They don't even think, they just act, and their training and conditioning isn't dissimilar from Schola Progenium Stormtrooper graduates either.

I hate this retcon, contradicts a lot of previous fluff for both commissars and stormtroopers.

I'm sure ST do go renegade but unlike Astarte's I think most die way before they can get to many treasonous thoughts