So how would a tabletop game even attempt to adapt the stories and ideas of a director of a superior artform like David...

So how would a tabletop game even attempt to adapt the stories and ideas of a director of a superior artform like David Lynch? Could it even manage it? Most the people I see who play tabletop games are unwashed, unclean, practically savages in the eyes of modern man.

But on the flip side, people who watch David Lynch films and other forms of media by him wear suits. They have clean, kempt hair. They smell good. They don't play video games. Could any of you even comprehend Twin Peaks? Eraserhead? I'd like your "Thoughts" on this, iif you even have any.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>clean
If you actually had a half a brain, you'd know that baths just make you sit in a puddle of your own filth for hours, but I think you're used to that. Sitting at your $5000 custom built "Game" box while shitting and pissing your pants, only getting up to get the third pizza you ordered.

People who actually want to get clean take showers, of which I take one or two a day, depending on how much I exercised that day. Often I'll run about 5 miles, so I need the second one so I can smell good for my wife. That's right, my wife. Ever kiss a girl, Frankenstein's monster?

esoteric troll is esoteric

Yeah I kiss your wife because I'm always tearing it on the weekends.

dirty boys get the clean
clean boys get the dirty

Homosexual. That's a fitting word for you, yes? Is that an accurate description? I'm sure you like partaking in a thick cock whenever you get the chance, you do like having stuff shoved down your throat after all. Whether it be the greasy penis of a man you met in a Denny's bathroom or another "Horror" game, you take anything that comes within 5 meters of your mouth in. Meters, by the way, not the American Customary system, that's for, excuse my language, assholes like you. Are you going to reply again? Or can I go actually start my workout for tonight, I don't end an argument until I bury whoever was unintelligent enough to even attempt a retort.

How many times you pull your horn today bud? Ballpark 7 or 8? You're a fucking animal. You can cross-fit, you can cross-fuck-off.

So is this some kinda abstract bait? Is this what a film hipster would use as bait?

Trolling aside, I actually like David Lynch so I'll say how I'd do it:

First off, Delta Green as the system. It's built for paranormal, lovecraftian, explanation-defying shit going down in a modern day setting. The bonds system is also important, I feel - for example, Twin Peaks is chock-full of characters with bonds to each other. These bonds both grow weaker as big shit happens, but also help the characters pull each other through tough times.

Setting: decaying small town in the rust belt, or an idyllic Los Angeles
Plots: some type of mystery, with a love interest for the players

Aside from that, it'd really just be a matter of setting tone. There'd have to be that thread of the humorous in everything absurd and disturbing. The greatest effort would probably be in getting my players to buy in to a Lynchian campaign.

I haven’t watched much of his work, but I’ve really enjoyed all the David Lynch stuff I’ve seen.

I’d definitely play in a David Lynch campaign. A system that lends itself to investigation is a must, but Delta Green characters tend to be a little heavily armed for a Lynch campaign, don’t you think? I’d probably wind up reaching for FATE— there might be a better system out there, but FATE is probably good enough.

It surprises me that you think it would be hard to find players. I’d definitely play a Lynch campaign, if I thought the GM had a chance of pulling it off.

YOU CANT PLAY A TRADITIONAL GAME ON YOUR FUCKUNG PHONE YOU LIL SHIT FUCK YOU GIMME THAT FUCKING PHONE

I like Lynch. RPG is unsuited to frontal storytelling and it is an entirely different medium than film. It's simple to re-use narrative themes and mechanics, and they're entirely independent of the game system.

>superior
>Lynch
I mean, I'd prefer watching Dune to taking a bullet to my head, but only just.

Have you tried not playing D&D?

Twin Peaks?

Really.

2/10 I replied

>a director of a superior artform like David Lynch
>not bait, guys, really!
fuck off

>dude random shit happens
>let's make a midget talk backwards and everything is so weird
>gross alien thing that the "good guy" kills even though it's his child because lol child killing isn't that edgy and shocking?
>superior artform

Ahh yes, the "artistic" medium of film. Why don't you go where you belong

Unknown Armies would be a better system I think. Multiple sanity gauges for tracking how the PCs have been handling all of the surreal dream logic shit, a setting where the unnatural is still purely a product of humanity. Plus it's tailored more toward playing fringe weirdos whose lives are falling apart and it lends itself to a more stylized, sometimes humorous tone than DG's doubling down on bleakness.

Hello.

LYNCHED

>a medium superior to interaction
make my day, consumerfags

You elevate Lynchisms to a level where you can just about provide oral ministrations to his anal area, but then wait! What is this? What could it be? Yes! Yes it is! It's One Punch Glove Man who can't act fighting badly rendered CGI flying ball. lol Clown.

>LYNCHED
...or how to spot a pretentious complete retard.

>LYNCHED
my sides!

I don't even know who you're trying to troll here. If we cared what other people think, we wouldn't play tabletop games.

As much as I like his stuff, and as much I agree with him in this video, I can totally admit that he is a little pretentious.

vid related
>youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Delta Green emulates X-Files.
The game that emulates David Lynch stuff the most is Over the Edge - an excellent and criminally underrated game.

ciretose si llort ciretose

It's probably just my experiences, then - I had difficulty getting people to buy into Call of Cthulhu, so idk how I'd get folks into something even more niche like Lynchian tabletop.

gonna check out both of these systems

I've played a four-year campaign of a steam fantasy LARP with heavy Lynch-like undertones. All you need is a mindfucking staff and 40 other mindfucked players. It all ended up in a Red-Room equivalent with the credits rolling out while we were battling as players for the souls of the characters.

The best roleplay experience of my goddamned worthless life.