"Dreamlike" fantasy art thread

There's a lot of art here that makes sense, which is great but not what I'm after. I'm on a binge of ~maximum aesthetic~ art with a focus on images with dreamlike qualities. If I had to narrow it down , it'd be "art of something that's only just-real enough."
Dumping what I have that I think best fits that description. As a carrot for others to contribute: give me a brief pitch and I'll write some purple as fuck prose for it. Bonus points if it's from your Homebrew Setting(tm)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mGKjPD_BNAE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's gonna be a lot of Amano, fair warning.

Just play Monument valley and call it a day

Looks like fun, but a bit limited for neat art.

Why limited? MV is the most aesthetic game ever

I was just judging based on the isometric screenshots I keep seeing. The visual assets are really good, don't get me wrong.

I can understand why since the game is truly a thing that has to be played to get all of it, the game does have a story and some lore but is kept brief
Maybe pic related will suit your tastes better

Very nice, definitely up my alley.

Last one from me for the night- will pick this up in the morning if the thread's still up.

Something like this, OP?

what a wyrd thread

Anything Ninedots

I like pic related. Maybe not dreamlike but it definitely has a nightmarish and unreal feel to it. John Blanche is really good as well.

I love stuff that feels otherwordly in general. I'm not very keen on the hyper-realistic style.

Is this from an anime? Name, please?

You know that Wyrd thread yesterday/Thursday?This is a like a proper version of that thread, where everyone is civil and OP isn't a massive autistic faggot.

Furippu Furapparusu

What was the word thread? Must have missed that one

Some user liked something called "Hylics" or something of the sorts, and they wanted to make a weird ass world. Another person didn't like the idea, and then "Wyrd" came in, and lastly all hell broke lose. The same user who made the thread, made another which got shitposted to oblivion by Wyrd, and then he makes another thread about how the Wyrd meme was going to take over Veeky Forums. Fucking autism at it's finest.

OP back, posting more

I did say "dreamlike" and that's pretty subjective. My dreams tend to be pretty ethereal, but this is still pretty out there.

Shit like this is legit, good post friend

This is also good- more DMT than dreamlike but depending on who you ask there isn't much of a difference.

Sounds dumb as hell. Glad Veeky Forums hasn't changed much.

This is why you can't trust wizards, they start making shit like this

Glad you liked it user. Have a few more nightmarish visions.

Have another. Why are my dreams so goddamn surreal?

I suppose another way you could think of "dreamlike" is that everything looks familiar, but only enough to be recognizable. It "fits" a linguistic archetype, but only barely.

There's a scene in the movie "Angel's Egg" (which is a fucking trip let me tell you) where a guy gets out of a "tank." Now, the only reason I knew it was a tank was because it had treads and a big cannon sticking out of it. It fit my mental archetype for "tank." But the thing itself was half machine and half organic metal. The hatch opened by liquids pumping through vein-like structures, which then pulled back like fingers without joints.

Im on my phone but the Cliff Chronicles art feels like it would fit here.

Not familiar, and google's giving me inconsistent results

Oh sorry, im retarded. Its Edge Chronicles
It is Cliff (klif) in my own language.

Don't sweat it man, you know at least two languages so you're already a mile ahead of me.
And yeah this art looks weird as shit, I'll have to check out the books when I'm out of uni. I really hope that thing the guy's holding is a gun of some sort, that'd be a rad as shit design.

I read the books when I was way younger and really liked it. Its cool tho, flying airships eoth sails and stuff, its even a bit steampunk but with wizards. Definately have to check it out again.

youtu.be/mGKjPD_BNAE

80's sci fi book covers are great for that kind of art.

agreed

absolutely, gonna dumpster dive for some of that later

Oh hey, the Ansible of Spirits
I used this in a game of mine. World ending magic gun that curses an entire population via siphoning magic from a tangential dimension of pure hell adjacent to our own..

At least you have them.

Pretty nice. Where is this from?

honestly no clue, just found it one day