/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Filename edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Skaven#Generic_Characters
youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for not shilling TMS.

To the guy who's been posting in the previous threads and who has helped find all the missing books.

The copies of the two FW books we have are dreadful, are there any better versions?

Not going to be paying full price for the Total Warhammer Expansion pack they've called a sequel.

Pretty obvious that the first one was just released to test the water and then suddenly in just 16 months they put in all the content that the original should have had.

Not even giving a discount to people who bought the first one is pretty shite.

One to wait for steam sales for me.

All that armour and she still stabs right through like it was butter.

Welcome to fantasy.

Menstrual blood enchantment penetrates through any armor

Yeah, fuck that self entitled polish cunt. I swear his a fucking bitch.

Well i do know that women on the rag have some of the meanest piercing comments in the world so this might be valid.

>dat thighs
Now this is a thicc elf.

>TMS
Who?

How do you do a Chaos army without Chaos Daemons and still being able to do anything other than big blob of chaos warriors with some chaff?
Chaos warriors are just so immobile it isn't funny anymore. It's like the army is a giant anvil while being a giant hammer at the same time and slow as a snail.

What edition?

They were far from the best army but I never got bored of Beasts in 6th for example.

Even more fun if you did a mixed beasts and hordes army for a specific scenario or something.

Chaos chariots are pretty good.

Chariots, Knights, Centigor, Minotaurs...

Dragon Ogres and the Shaggoth were like movement 7 too right?

Are DElves, HElves and WElves capable of growing a beard? There's this Dark Elf with massive sideburns in the Age of Reckoning comic, but I don't know how canon that one is.

In the Malus Darkblade novels, a number of elves are mentioned to have moustaches.

Die off with your shitty general already. FB is not comming back and everyone with a brain either left the ship or moved over to AoS. The only thing you faggots do here is whine and discuss fucking retarded videogames.

Just fuck off to Veeky Forums idiots

It seems very rare but I can't think of any source that explicitly says they can't. They probably think it's uncivilised to emulate the Dwarfs.

Strangely enough, so far we only had one mention of the game so far, and it was about not liking it. Most of the stuff here right now is lore and some table top questions. Maybe save your shit posting for after 100 replies. Don't worry, thsee threads about something so dead to you usually max out a couple times a day.

On topic: how the fuck a I supposed to use a verminlord on table top, 8th ed? Am I supposed to get it into melee? Am I supposed to have b it just be a caster? I literally haven't had it survive enough with cannons as they are, taking it out first turn. I live the models, shame it seems just an overpriced grey seer.

Looks like someone very upset with this thread.

>Just fuck off to Veeky Forums idiots
Nope, we have 4th edition of WHRP.

dont recall the stats but I suppose you could use it like a glorified giant, since you can cast while fighting you can just do both at the same time
just make sure you dont charge the guys you wanted to turn into clanrats

oh and remember to use the updated stats and versions from ET since thats still 8th ed
unless your opponent is a crybaby

Why the fuck did I not think about making my knights of moor inspired by the Seventh Seal earlier?

Huzzah! Our GM is excited but skeptical of it

>but skeptical of it
So as I.
I still hope it will totally compatible with the 2nd so they could focus on different areas of the world.

I've been reading everything on it. It's taking inspiration from 1e and 2e they just ignore 3e. Still, use the d100. Careers are still a thing. And set many years before end times. So they are just ignoring Endtimes because they're already making an AoS RPG so they can cater to two sets of fans.

Yep, but it might be a quite borring if they start again from the whole Old World stuff, I mean we alrady have a lot of books about adventures in the Old World, so just make game compatible with them and move forward, especially after TWW 2 showed how interesting the other continents might look.

Meanwhile, High Elves shoot a bunch of arrows at Malekith and his ornate and spiky yet actually-functional armour harmlessly deflects them.

Why is High Elf armour so shit?

Still a lot unknown but I can hope for the best and if not they are making an AoS game for those who don't want the old world.

Our group just likes the old world and feels that AoS is just 40k in Fantasy which takes away the fun.

Dude, by Old World, I mean non-Europe, not the universe.
Anyway, I've asked in previous thread, is there any picture of HElves ships except Man'O'War and Dreadfleet?

It's a sequel, that's received high critical, player praise, and done very well. They don't give a shit if you buy it.

There are some in the Age of Reckoning comic. 8th Edition. So no Beastmen. We liked the concept of the old chaos army book with beastmen, daemons and warrior in it, but as a form of friendly restrictions we won't use any of the stuff that got split up into separate army books.

I remember seeing a picture or two floating around, give me a bit to check my folders and I might find something.

Well of course.
We couldn't have a picture of a woman getting her guts ripped out could we? That would be the wrong kind of fighting for a hawt warrior gurrl. Only winning allowed.

Does anybody have any tips for alternate models for Demigryph knights or just knights in general? They need to be humans riding the mounts but other than that everything is game.

>or just knights in general?
Fireforge (personally I think it will better fit brets) and Perry War of the Roses Men at Arms for Empire.

Dumping that many points in a single Caster+Lord lone monster is asking for trouble

1d4chan has a better reasoning:
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Skaven#Generic_Characters

Norba and Gamezone have a bunch of alternative Brets that may work.

Oh.

Well yeah if you stick with 8th you've got nothing but chaff for real speed.

The monsters are a bit quicker than your warriors but not by much.

>Gamezone
Are they regular dudes are good? I've seen some of their elves nobles, but they were kind of awful (except the prince with phoenix)

Well, Witch Elves are supposed to have weird almost magical killing skills. High tier ones can kill with a touch (and high tier swordmasters can kill with a whistle). Elves generally get to indulge in that Tolkiensian idea of maxing out your skill in something to the point where you can do things that are blatantly impossible.

Malekith is wearing the Armour of Midnight, giving him a +2 ward save.

That said, I'd very much like a flat image of the high elf's sword. It looks cool, and there are so few good pictures of WHFB weapons.

Theodore Bruckner has a pretty good model.

>Malekith is wearing the Armour of Midnight, giving him a +2 ward save.

It really is one of the most useless amours in the game. If anything has a magic weapon they usually put him down. Malus Darkblade can kill Malekith with relative ease.

I think there's helmeted heads included in the boxs, too

There's also the Knights of Redemption from long dead Confrontation, but good luck finding thoses.

I want to be the bard

I want to be the bard's horse.

Generally speaking, on the first round of combat, Malus will deal one wound to Malekith, and Malekith will in turn destroy the Warpsword, making him nigh-invulnerable to Malus' attacks. Malekith will then proceed to rape Malus while Malus flails ineffectually at him.

Hell, in some editions Malekith is capable of easily killing Malus in one round of combat, hitting at WS8 S6 with no saves allowed.

My fantasy art folder is much smaller than my 40k art folder. Help me rectify that WFG.

Not all that much I can do. I mean, sure, I could dump everything, but you'll probably pick up more just browsing the general and poking back through archives.

>knights of moor

I guess you could say they are... Black Knights then.

How did you get those numbers? Malus with demon goes first hitting on 4+ with rerolls. Out of 5 attacks, 3.75 will hit. Then he is wounding on 3+ with rerolls. This deals 3.3 wounds. The sword ignores armor and because it's magical Malekith gets no save and dies before he can swing.

Thanks for all the tips on the knights guys, it's been a real help

Ah, I forgot about T'zarkan.

There are not actually many characters that can put out as many wounds as T'zarkan'd Malus.

Tabletop Miniatures Solutions.

They made replacement Bret and TK ranges, and are doing Beasts in case AoS squats them. Then WE then Ogres I think.

You could go monster mash or Nascar.

Chimeras are really fast due to flying and wreck shit up if they manage to get into melee. An added bonus is that it combos really well with a Daemon Prince.

>mfw me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you

been reading this book series. First book is eh, second was surprisingly good. On third now

is it in our ebooks archive?

I'm in need for some tips and ideas regarding what I can use to convert my Warriors of Chaos with Halberds from. As the theme of my army is that of an ex-Mercenary Company that have fallen to Nurgle I was thinking about mixing some Empire Greatswords with Putrid Blightking parts and use my leftover halberds from the Empire State Trooper-box. With that being said I'd love to hear what suggestions you guys might have, be it on kitbashes, conversions, or just an idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=dNFGJQIW5ZM
>Spends the final seconds of his life trying to drag a human to safety
>Sacrifices himself to save him.
Are Shadow Warriors more humble then most elves?

I only have a single mini by them, so I can't really say anything about the overall quality of their products.
The one I own and the ones I looked at in my FLGS looked alright from a QA perspective. Wether or not you like the sculpts depends on the range I guess. I like their undead, some of the other minis are not my cup of tea either.

You could also add some Bretonnian polearms to give a more mixed-match feel, or some other source of differing polearms for similar variety.

yes

which folder is it under? I checked and didn't see it

Nothing against the guy really I just don't think TMS deserve to be in the OP.

They can be in the pastebin with all the other manufacturers. Their models are nothing to write home about really, I guess you have to go to them for Tomb Kings because they're such a niche.

You can buy pole-arms for chaos warriors from GW still.

mantic has great tomb kings imo

It's in the novel MEGA under 'Time of Legends'. Don't know why, I just categorised them how I downloaded them.

Yes, their archers are excellent. Better than the GW ones. The rest is so-so.

thanks I was just trying to find where it was and was confused

>There were limits to what even the most powerful among the undead could accomplish. It took a beating heart and a mortal soul to fully draw upon the fell powers of Dhar, the black wind of sorcery, the power that sustained the lesser undead and which fuelled the dark art of necromancy.

Source. The Red Duke

Is this true or is this necromancer just full of shit?

Where would I even find those for less than a fortune? Don't get me wrong though, the men-at-arms would make a really nice basis for a nurgle warrior conversion.
As luck would have it I still have some of those lying around. The PBK also includes some and I might even go and buy some of those ridicolusly nice Stormvermin ones from a bit box site.

Given that the undisputed master of necromancy is a fucking skellington, I'd say he is full of shit.

Full of shit.

WFRP is fucking awesome. The HP system is so much more visceral than things like D&D.

It's got it's own issues. Like how a guy with a good toughness can bounce bullets off his chest without harm semi-regularly.

Yeah, but it's easier for me to think of that as "he got shot, but he's okay" than a similar situation in D&D. An arrow doing 4 damage might not damage a tough dude, but by the ballistics test he absolutely shot that dude in the chest, just in a non-vital way.

Also because of the relatively early firearm technology, guns are only a little more effective than traditional bows and crossbows. A crossbow will do on average 9.5 damage, and a Hochland Long Rifle will average 11.15. So even if a dude is tough as hell and wearing plate armor, it's still going to hurt more than half the time if he gets shot.

>Also because of the relatively early firearm technology, guns are only a little more effective than traditional bows and crossbows.

Which is a lot of why WHFB firearms tend to be 'Avoid at all costs'. They really don't get enough bonus to be worth the massively reduced ROF. A guy with a bow (Especially if he can get a good bow like an Elf Bow) will basically always beat a guy with a gun.

he's just not very skilled. Arkhan, Nagash, and Kemmler are above that.

He's outright wrong. The strongest users of Dhar are undead (Arkhan, Nagash, and vampires).

A mortal cannot reach their level.

>A mortal cannot reach their level.

Well, they MIGHT. The issue there is that undead have forever to improve at it/don't suffer the negative effects.

Right, so there are thirty rogue armies in TWW2 and they are nearly all supposed to be taken from the darkest corner of lore itself. But, looking at them, many must be some extremely old or obscure tidbits. There's a few obvious ones though.

> Rogue Abominations: Assortment of mutants taken from the Skaven, Beastmen, and Chaos lists.
> Beastcatchas: Goblins with squigs and wolves in addition to a few monsters from other lists.
> Bernoff's Brigands: State troops, free companies, and Bretonnian peasantry.
> Black Spider Tribe: Forest Goblin themed army, but with feral Bastiladons?
> Boneclubbers: Savage Orc army with Cygors.
> Celestial Storm: Nothing but Saurus, Kroxigors, and Cold Ones.
> College of Pyrotechnics: Nothing but grenade launcher outriders, Helstorm batteries, and steam tanks.
> Doomseekers: Slayers, miners, Hammerers, Irondrakes, flame cannons, and gyrobombers.
> Gerhardt's Mercenaries: State troop halberdiers, handgunners, free companies, mortars, Black Orcs, trolls, and giants.
> Heirs of Mourkain: Crypt ghouls, crypt horrors, dire wolves, and corpse carts. Led only by Strigoi.
> Hung Warband: Chaos chariots, gorebeast chariots, marauder hosemen/masters, chaos knights, harpies, warhounds.
> Hunters of Kurnous: Welf army list without eternal guard, sisters of the thorn, flying units, or forest spirit units.
> Jerrod's Errantry: State troop spearmen, handgunners, flagellants, battle pilgrims, Blazing Sun Knights, Grail Knights, knights of the realm, mortars.
> Mangy Houndz: Night Goblin warboss leading orc boyz, night goblin archers, wolf boyz, and chaos warhounds.
> Mengil's Manflayers: Shades, corsairs, dark riders, bolt throwers.

>How do you do a Chaos army without Chaos Daemons and still being able to do anything other than big blob of chaos warriors with some chaff?
Run army of Surthakids dynasty.

> Morrslieb's Howlers: Skaven warlords leading a force of: plague monks, poison globadiers, doomwheels, forsaken, flagellants, squig hoppers, nasty skulkers, grail reliquae, doom divers, fanatics, and arachnarok spiders.
> Pirates of the Far Sea: Handgunners, free company militias, peasant mobs, and great cannons.
> Pirates of the Southern Ocean: Handgunners, free company militias, peasant mobs, and great cannons.
> Pirates of Trantio: Handgunners, free company militias, peasant mobs, great cannons, slayers, irondrakes, and pegasus knights.
> Scions of Tesseninick: State troop swordsmen, spearmen, crossbowmen, pistoliers, and knights.
> Scourge of Aquitaine: Vampire lords leading knights of the realm, pegasus knights, Grail Knights, and Blood Knights.
> Stuff Snatchers: Night Goblin warboss leading fanatics, nasty skulkers, spider riders, gutter runners, and death runners.
> Teef Snatchaz: Orc warboss, orc boyz, orc arrer boyz, orc boar boyz.
> The Wandering Dead: Master necromancer and his skeletons, zombies, and black knights. In-game there were two spare master necromancers who weren't acting as generals in the army.
> Tor Elithis Refugees: Spears, archers, reavers, sea guard, eagle claws, and Dragon Princes.
> Troll Skullz: Orc warbosses leading trolls, giants, chaos trolls, and cygors.
> Vashnaar's Conquest: Dreadlord-led forces which have large chunks of both Dark Elf and Chaos Warrior lists.
> Vaul's Expedition: Spears, archers, reavers, and eagle claws.
> Worldroot Rangers: Glade lords leading riders, glade guard, and wildwood rangers. I think this was led by an ancient treeman in-game.
> Wrath of Nature: Treemen, dryads, treekin, eagles, forest dragons.

It's actually pretty fun and interesting.

>guns are only a little more effective than traditional bows and crossbows
Oh no, no they're not. You're choosing between firing 3 times every 3 rounds and 1 time every 3 rounds. 3d10+9 vs 1d10+4 (that you reroll once). And when you get extra attacks, guns get even shittier by comparison.

Would be nice if some of those rogue armies would actually have those mixed lists and be actual threats.

its made of aluminium

Is he talking about the Red Duke? Because the novel is based on The Circle of Blood which was made for the 5th edition, when vampires always had one magic level less than they should because they needed one level to sustain their form.

I never really got that impression that a high elf would just let a good men die. They are usually arrogant, they can be assholes, but they can respect someone that fights against chaos.

>A guy with a bow (Especially if he can get a good bow like an Elf Bow) will basically always beat a guy with a gun
It was like this for a long time in our history as well.

It's fantasy, I find this to be fine. Martials should get to do cool shit too