Pathfinder General /pfg/

What gives your character nostalgia?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aqueous-orb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A: Flowers. He loved to give her flowers.
B: B&E

Is a nontrue check a bluff check if the person saying it legitimately believs it?

Did anyone read this? How was it?

A bluff check is made when you are lying. A diplomacy check is made when you are not lying. No, you cannot say "my character believes it is true" when making a bluff check - that would make it a diplomacy check. Likewise you cannot say 'my character is convincing himself that it's true, so it's a diplomacy check right?" No, that's a bluff check.

True facts: diplomacy.
Lies and falsehoods: bluff.

That simple.

Depends. If they believe it because it was told to them by someone else, then it's still a bluff check, but it's a bluff check agaisnt the original source of the information, not the character. I'd personally give a circumstance bonus to the check because the character believes it, but it's still a bluff check.

I know someone made a mouthgrip feat, but I can't remember where it's located. Anyone wanna give a guy a hand? Or some teeth, in this case.

Crystalhue, he used to celebrate it with his town

before they fucking died lmao haha

Depends.

If a bbeg lies to his minion, saying the meeting is at 9:30 when it's at 10:00, and the minion repeats the lie, it's not a bluff.

If the villain talks about making a better world, when they really want to make a better world AND have all the power, then it's a bluff.

So I'm working on the concept for a build called Defensive Aegis, using only 1pp content. It's a Aid Another based buffing build using Vigilantes. First I'll list out where all the feats are coming from.

>level 12 Human Avenger Vigilante

>Traits for the build
>Helpful
>Suicidal

>Items of Interest for the build:
Armor:
>Benevolent Armor

Wondrous Items:
>Gloves of Arcane Striking

>Feats for the build
Prerequisites:
>Dodge - 1st Level
>Mobility - 7th Level
>Combat Stamina - Human Bonus

Defensive Suite:
>Bodyguard - 3rd Level
>Combat Patrol - 11th Level
>Combat Reflexes - Vigilante Reflexes (2nd level talent)
>Saving Shield - 9th level
>In Harm's Way - 5th Level

Buffing Suite:
>Swift Aid - Team Player (6th level Talent)
>Caster’s Champion - Combat Skill (10th level talent)

Offensive Suite:
>Vital Strike - Vital Punishment (12th level talent)

Style Feats:
>Vanguard Style - Combat Skill (4th level talent)
>Vanguard Ward - Combat Skill (8th level talent)
>Vanguard Hustle - Training Weapon (purchased item)

What this build allows me to do, along with items is the following:
>Combat Patrol (full round action) as a large sized creature increases reach to 20ft radius around the vigilante
>Whenever anyone gets attacked within that area can increase their AC by up to 26 using various means from the feats
>able to take attacks for allies as well using these methods if necessary
>use combat maneuvers with impunity because I'm out of reach for most enemies when they try and retaliate with an AoO
>Whenever someone provokes an AoO in this range wither Vital Punishment or use Fortuitous weapon to make an additional attack, or spend combat stamina to attack if I missed
>using swift/move/standard actions can buff allies by up to +18 on their next attack, buff AC for the next round and more

Now here are my questions:
>How do I make the most out of my attacks of opportunity?
>Are there any other means I can use to increase my aid another I'm bumping it up already.

Preparing and casting "Burning Hands" really brings my Wizard back to her Noob days. Especially when that one casting of Burning Hands actually manages to solve encounters.

He gets a lofty nostalgic feeling when he neglects his own son, like his own father used to do with him.

Preparing a spell she hasn't in ages, like Color Spray or Magic Missile. Something about such simple little things bring her back to the days she was just an apprentice under her master. Used to be the Cohort of a different player's PC in a previous game,
ended up being made into a new PC for this current game.

Are hookups a meme for lewdgames or do players actually pair up and begin typefucking before the first session?
I want to try joining them but I don't want to be the beta that ends up with no one

They really begin in the middle of the application process, my dude

Yeah, obviously. It usually happens between the players and the DM. After all, how did all those shit tier characters get into Starstone?

>d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/aqueous-orb
Aside from freezing sphere, is there any other way to turn this thing into a popsicle?

One made their entire backstory with the GM and wants to be harem MC. Two are rape bait. Stefan is there to be cucked.

Which one did that and what's the proof?

Winter Witch PrC

A Sorcerer icy bloodline.

If 3pp is allowed, the Water geomancing package for Nature Sphere

>Four white girls and their two black bulls
>Two of the girls are gay
>Starbucks knight

Seriously is there nothing else than can freeze water? There's only three things that i found:
>Freezing sphere, which is a high level spell but works wonders
>Creeping ice, which only works on calm and horizontal waters
>Quickfreeze oil, which only creates a sheet of ice over the water
>This ability works on fresh water and saltwater, but has no affect on [...] magical water
Close but no cigar
Frost bloodline is 3pp and doesn't let you actually freeze anything
I was looking in 1pp only

DSP's woodland monster classes

Deer said outright in the Discord, and even a glance at Manue reeks of GM discussed backstory because of how vague and speshal snowflake it is.

Just finished a game. I'm bored of it. It's a weekly game and the DM just... doesn't prepare at all, so I show up every week feeling disappointed since there's usually not any battlemaps and subsequently not any battles. I believe we've had combat a maximum of twice. How do I politely tell my DM to pick up the pace?

Ugh, he bragged about it too. Cunt.

Well, at least I know I'm not crazy, even if I can't find it in any of the troves. Any idea what it was called?

The best bet is to sit down with him and talk to him. Make it clear you believe he has it in him to be doing better, but lay out your current grievances; there are a lot of people that specifically need to be told when they're having issue because otherwise they don't realize there's a problem.

If you don't bring up a problem, why would they think there is one? They clearly can't see it themselves if they aren't trying to change.

Autism will do that.

Hey now,

I.Drive couldn't just assume the perfect rape target would app to his game, he had to make one!

well, that works too

I need help. Just called a break for my session so I got about 30 minutes. Basically the group kineticist went into an enemy encampment invisible and snuck up to the leader, a hezrou, and attacked it. The hezrou hit him with blashmpey in response and he is now paralyzed. They are annoyed cause they thought he should get a surprise round in addition to the surprise attack (i.e. be able to instantly run away) before blasphemy could be used. But he had a readied action since h eknew someone had come inside (probably) since the door had opened. I cut to the other players fighting out side but basically this guy is gonna get coup de graced. Should I go through with it? Or should I come up with something for the hezrou to do with paralyzed victim instead.

using the Paralyzed Victim as a Hostage, i guess. if there's one idiot, odds are, there's more.

I was guessing more rapist, but I guess that's IDrive for you. The Krombopulos Michael of rape just loves raping.

Any new games that haven't already closed?

Beat the kineticist unconscious and tie him up. Then use him as hostage.

Nope. There's the second round of Dukes Coin that's supposed to be happening, but who knows at this point.

Use 'em as bait to make the stakes higher. Coup de Grace puts you in a mechanical helplessness, not a narrative helplessness, if that makes sense. Like "oh boy I can't wait to make a DC 45 fort save to not be obliterated instantly" sorta thing.

>Duke's Coin second round meme
It was a proto-bamboozle!

Alright. I might do that. Plus I can combine several encounters to make it much more challenging. Maybe some party members will die as well as kineticist in epic battle. But at least won't be from a 1 on a save and instantly dying.

It was good. A novel based on d20 that actually tries to follow the whacky stupid mechanics instead of pretending its not based on d20.

Alternatively have the hezerou tie him up and start torturing him while the party has to fight through the encampment. Give them a time limit before the hezerou gets bored and kills the Kineticist off.

Nigga you've been complaining about your group the past week and how much you wanted to just TPK them and now you ask how to not have them die? Pick a side and stick with it fuckboi

Well I was expecting them to fight it all at once, not for one to sneak in and get btfo.

How have we fallen so far that that the most famous rape personality of this thread isn't the guy who is literally running a rape game?

Vult is his own special brand of easily butt hurt and defensive rapist. Debatable who's worse.

Vult imo

It's not debatable.

Vult is worse. Not because of the rape, but because he's a cry bully.

Fair. Vult does love to bitch and cry.

also because he's an attentionwhore

Is grit useful for someone who doesnt use firearms?

not really

Myrmidon Fighter likes their grit

>pathfinder
>support for elements other than fire
Boi u funny

How have we fallen so far that we have multiple rape personalities?

This is what happens when you put people on pedestals. This is how the downfall happens.

What's a crybully? How's he crybullied?

A crybully is someone who acts like a prick, then complains about being persecuted when they're called out on it.

Literally Vult.

What? No, these idiots advertised rape, Vult literally became infamous BECAUSE of his monster rape game

Person who justifies their bullying and antics by playing the victim. Imagine a school bully who picks on kids younger than him and when he is about to get his comeuppance he starts crying himself about his broken family and how he is always picked on because of who he is whether intentionally as a misdirection tactic or simply because of narcissism not letting him see that he is doing the exact same thing.

What? I'm talking about the entire clusterfuck of faggotry that's happened because of you fucking weeaboos putting people like DTG/DSP/QANON and the other """e-celebs""" on a pedestal, and tripping over eachothers fat autistic asses trying to get into their games, and then sitting there arguing over which one is a better waifu and all the other faggoty shit you do.

what

It's hard for me to talk to Vult for any longer than a few minutes.

>Which bamboozle game is going to get which shitty applications of meme characters this time?
>I want greentext of X!
>X is Y!
>Constant shitposting about the various trannies
>Touhou shitposting
>All the other weeaboo faggotry
>Autism so powerful it actually killed DSP

What's your favorite bard archetype?

What?

I'm asking you what your favorite bard archetype is. Like, the mechanical archetype, not the character archetype.

I understand the question, I'm just somewhat surprised. Bit of a sudden shift.

I... don't really enjoy bards, personally? I've never looked at them deeply enough mechanics-wise to know much about the archetypes. I suppose something that focused on drums could be cool?

I like rubato personally. I know it's a downgrade, but it's so fun.

Skald has a War Drummer, but I dunno, I think it's kinda blah. A normal Skald or Bard can play the drums just as well. What do you usually like to play?
As long as you're functional and you enjoy the class, no worries. What about it appeals to you? How do you like to build your Rubato?

/pfg/ help me make a monk/fist smasher build for a solo gestalt game. I'm thinking of focusing on snake style, but I'm not sure how to improve it without spending 5 feats on jabbing master or taking 12 levels in bloodrager.

What's the level? Any 3pp allowed? Do you want any magic? Are you sure you don't want to go Master Summoner? What's the setting?

No 3pp. I want magic but 6th level would be fine. I considered scaled fist/eldritch scion but I'm not sure if it's too much of a nerf. Starting at level 1.

Archaeologist. Muh luck bonus.

i like to imagine the rubato as a graceful artist who considers swordplay and dancing to be their greatest passions.

Please friends

Archeologist is my favorite bard archetype. Mostly because I just don't really like actual bardic performances despite knowing they're very helpful and extremely good in a lot of party compositions, but also because it's a better "caster rogue" than the Eldritch Scoundrel is in every way besides maybe "able to dump Cha". I feel like the Archeologist's luck could have been better implemented, as the number of uses not scaling normally is annoying, but between Lingering Performance and a feat for extra rounds that isn't be an issue. The Catfolk FCB also still works for Bardic Knowledge, which is probably one of the only reasons I'd ever play a catfolk over say, a half-elf. My main disappointment is that Versatile Performance is a really cool feature and it would have been nice to keep at least one instance of it, but I guess I can't have everything.

If the class got Cha-to-Will and a Slayer's study instead of the limited luck pool, it would have probably been my ideal Charisma class. It's still good, and access to rogue talents, especially advanced, can be handy in a pinch. Prescient Dodger and the new Cha-to-one-save advanced talent from DDS could be fun for a character I've been itching to try.

How does Archaeologist get its magic from, fluff-wise? They don't sing like normal bards, right?

Fluffwise, they're like Indiana Jones. They've got a little bit of innate magical talent, but are mostly just lucky bastards.

"It just works"

"Buy my game."

>DTG
Why do you keep trying to bring this guy up when he hasn't done shit in years?

Like the godlings shit proceeded the Roll20 eceleb shit by like a year and a half.
>DSP
DSP is a fucking company that makes products this general uses. That has nothing to do with e-celeb shit.

Scaled Fist and some kinda paladin might be good so you can heal yourself. Survivability is usually the biggest concern in solo campaigns, I think. I dunno, though.
Any feats you feel are necessary when building your archaeologist? Do you always go for Fate's Favored?
That's pretty cool! Have you played many Rubato?

not as much as i want to

Sorry, I know very little about what you're trying to do, and I don't feel well enough to dig through everything you have there to fully grasp the interactions.

I wish you many more Rubato in the future, then!

Because a large number of the people from the godling game went on to become parts of the e-celeb shit, either directly as them or as the shitposting retards who caused it.

Fate's favored is an unfortunate necessity. Lingering Performance also seems to be as well, in order to basically triple the potential number of uses of your luck. It seems somewhat obvious to go the finesse route with you limit to light armor.

Of course, it's all just theory as I figure out what to do for my next character. It's competing with a Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor build and a Panoply Savant Occultist build. It also is potentially half of a gestalt with Lore Warden Fighter, also using some silly 3pp and homebrew shenanigans to be Str based.

Dress him up in clown clothing, possess him, and have him repeatedly attempt to masturbate onto the other party members.

Like who, dipshit?

You keep repeating that lie, but have no basis for it.

Don't be dissin' Coffee Knight, she brings caffeine to the downtrodden.

'See that mountain?
You can't climb it, but I'm gonna say you can.'
By the by, does anyone else like Pathfinder for the sheer fact that you can do crazy shit like ascending a mountain and, if your DM plays ball, have fun with it? You might get attacked by harpies or other mountain creatures at any time, so it's actiony. It feels so freeform and better than even video games.
Why do YOU play Pathfinder, /pfg/?

Because I'm addicted to charop shenanigans and it's nowhere near as satisfying to budget M&M points, pick 4E powers and your choice of two high stats and focus feat, and I can't get anyone in my group to give DtD a second glance because roll/keep is apparently too weird.

'cause the APs are good and my current party's gotten familiar with it after a year of playing.

I know what's atop those mountains anyways, and I want none of it.

EEEEOOOOOUUUUUHHHHHHH
AUKAOELLLLALLALALLLAAAAAAA
EBORAEBORAHEBORAH

>does anyone else like Pathfinder for the sheer fact that you can do crazy shit like ascending a mountain
Yes.

Also, when I come down from my preworkout high, I'm going to tell the tale of an elf who went to sleep during downtime, and accidentally woke up with a waterfront empire because we all misread the upgrade rules.