ITT we talk about history like its a wargame setting

Why the fuck is god so uncreative?
Like seriously, half this shit is repeating its self up until big events
I don't gove a fuck about balkan war number 567890, what the fuck is happening in north africa
Carthage fag btw

>what is world war one
>what is perfect setting and advancement
nukes ruined the setting because of people like you

>implying i like nukes
Nukes are shit my dude
I just want something actually cool too happen in north arfica
I still remeber that bullshit they pulled in the second punic war
>win most battles up until the last few
>battle to capture rome
>lol no hannibal can't capture rome because carthage doesn't have naval superiority
>we retcond rome having a shitty navy, now they have a better one than carthage evem though carthage is a merchant empire
>btw, the rest of the campaign takes place in north africa and you can't use hannibal for reasons lmao
At leats let carthage win the second war so the final war is rome and carthage fighting on equal footing
Then when caryhage got removed from the game they got given to everyone like a cheap whore

Also this is the ideal world
Fuck rome fags

>be me
>Be Natives player
>Be ONLY Natives player

We'll get a new army book one day....right?

>literally explaining the joke in the subject field
Don't do that

>devs make more and more army books dedicated to steppe nomads at the expense of cool factions like the Chinese and Persians
>then kill them all off and give every faction generic gunpowder units
fucking why

>that guy who plays SS instead of Wehrmacht
are there really people who are so dedicated to being edgy that they still pretend that poorly trained infantry, overcosted tanks and shit air support are good just because they like the fluff?

>devs said Cold War was over
>"large scale battles are coming back"
>"no more politics, no standoffs"
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Fuck it. I'm going back to 1914 Edition.

duh, everyone has all the models they need for insurgent warfare now, so they need to switch it up to get people buying new stuff

enjoy spending $100 on hypersonic ASMs

Fuck. I have $800 of F35's sitting on my shelf doing NOTHING for me right now.

>I have $800 of F35's sitting on my shelf doing NOTHING for me right now
You dumbass why'd you buy only half an F35 model?

hey, at least they still haven't replaced the B-52 and M1 Abrams models yet, just wait until the actual war breaks out and suddenly there's new strat bomber and MBT models, they already did it to Russian players with the Armata

Sounds like your store is overcharging.

>tfw the T90 will never ride again

>BUHH I LIKE PLAYING GAMES WHERE I DONT DO ANYTHING FOR FOUR YEARS
Yeah, ww1fags fuck off, nobody likes you fucking grognards anyway

yeah the WW1 arc was fucked. They made defensive positions way too powerful and by the time they balanced it the rotation was already over

WW1 was some of the best tactical gameplay I've ever seen. I still go to "squad" events just to see stormtrooper vs stormtrooper trench raids.

Now Napoleon was boring as shit. Just standing in rows rolling dice for FUCKING HOURS until the other guy had to go home. Eugh.

and when they finally did balance it, they did it in the dumbest way possible
>give the French a vehicle that completely invalidates the bonuses from digging in
>give the British a hero unit that buffs their artillery to impossibly broken levels
>slightly lower the cost of Germany infantry
on top of removing the Russians from the game completely so they didn't have to balance them too. What the fuck were they thinking?

Tsarist Russia was becoming a completely unplayable shitstain. I mean, Warhammer can get away with a shitsack world where all the leaders are retarded, but this game used to be good. Once it became unbelievable for the Tsars to keep running their lore into the dirt, a faction codex revamp was needed.

yeah, it's just too bad that they had to change the lore so radically when they revamped their army list too, but giving them the most effective tanks just as they were added to the game for all factions was a good idea

are drones broken?

they're only really effective against massed soft targets. Using massed cheap infantry against America is a bad idea anyway unless the map is favorable to it

I am looking forward to the upcoming release of the Infotech suppliment. It will allow you to wage war on an enemy nation through economic, political and technological means, without having to play the 'declare war' card and bother with all that mind numbing moving stacks of army counters everywhere.

it'll be cool when they fine tune it enough to write up rules for battle level scaling of it. It's cool in the campaign, but I want to be able to like crash tank fire controls and shit

this game peaked in the Conquistador standalone set, after that they standardized the units way too much and every army uses the same tactics, just with slightly different comps

>english colonials have the same rules as conquistadors
>french colonials have the same rules as cfonquistador
You might as well say the normans and the saxons had the same rules because they both used swords

natives were outdated when they were added. The last time they even got special troops was the American and Canadian auxiliaries in the WW2 set, and those were barely played

>playing a low tier LGS meta where no one runs cavalry or artillery
no wonder you hate Nappy

>tfw we'll never go back to the Roman Republic ruleset

>no cav
>no artillery
>no navy
>napoleon was boring
Get out of here you fuck autist
This is whats wrong with new fags
They need constant explosions and tanks to entertain you

Roman ruleset sucked bro, romans were so OP they had to nerf them hard and introduce the huns to make the game remotely playable outside of retarded "civil war" battles

Completely unrealistic character change with Japan. Like a fucking yo-yo: dominant military power, tries to take out china, becomes isolationist when it loses, meets Americans, becomes a military power, tries to take out China, becomes isolationist when it loses.

When the fuck are the designers going to finally end the fucking Korean Metaplot. Shit's been on the backburner with NEITHER army involved getting any actual rule support for multiple editions.

And now they're saying that the one Korea with a stupid ass god emperor has nukes?

No one uses nukes. The rules for nukes are so busted that you pretty much just force a draw AND kick yourself out of tournament play.

Someone fire the fucking hack in charge of writing the Islamic State fluff
>dude they just keep doing all this fucked up shit but no one's stopped them yet because they're so epic and they're my favourite faction lmao
Writers should only be allowed to write for factions they don't play or ones they have neutral feelings about.

>Highly-reliable, nearly-instant, and easily-relayable communication across distances of several miles
>According to the sourcebook, invented in 1792
>Except it was easily feasible as early as the Bronze Age
Does the dev team seriously expect me to believe that this ""technology"" that any village idiot or wealthy merchant could have thought of in 500 BCE took two thousand years to invent?

I hate how many plot holes this setting has.

Can anybody upload the Israel-Palestine lore? It isn't in the archives and I dont have a fucking clue whats going on there other than all the Gaza gates being destroyed in the 4th crusade.
It's all gonna end up just being a distraction for another event, screenshot this.
The Eternal Chairman of Humanity can't win. The morale passive is nice but compared to Manifest Destiny it's only alright, that combined with how armor tears through infantry mobs this edition and it's gonna be the worst event this year.

Semaphore requires three things:
- Alphabet (not as common as you think)
- Advanced optics (impossible without cheap, reliable glassmaking and understanding of telescope principle)
- Mechanical pulley system (also takes some resources and know-how)
So it was possible to make around late 1500s, early 1600s as the first mark as the first real, feasible mark.

Want a real system that could be invented literally 5k years ago, but wasn't a thing until 19th century and was just like semaphores quickly made obsolete?
Macadam roads. A road made out of crushed stones that allows free flow of water, is cheap to make and cheaper to repair, doesn't require extensive masonry or stoneworking and what not. A gravel road with minimal know-how added.
Wasn't a thing until railroad was also a thing.