Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1777.1: Have Faith in This Officeal Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FYTQECMb
youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0
pastebin.com/8fTS9Vd6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does any else have so many Properties that follow them from Jump to Jump that you effectively bring a Small Town/City with you everywhere you go? Besides actual Towns/Cities that follow you along.

pastebin.com/FYTQECMb

>Officeal
...Close enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0

How many images you got in that Carl folder?

I have an entire tab to help me keep track of them. Reminds me that i need to update that again.

Here's the latest version of Evil Dead. I decided to remove the mandatory drawback for taking the Deadite Origin and added a few notes, in addition to the changes I made last thread.

I'm pretty sure I bring a small nation's worth of land with me at this point. Like Luxembourg or maybe up to the size of Belgium.

While I hate that show, the chain idea amuses me more than it should.

It's only really being thought of because people are making such a huge deal about it. I'd rather cut down on things people think are an issue, so if people think it's an issue and want me to change it, I'll change it. Otherwise it stays.

Also, build.

(Infamous) #3
-Background: Student (900CP) -...college student. Fuck.
-Conduit Power: Electrokinesis (Free) -THE KING OF THE STORM THE KING OF THE STORM
-Strength (800CP) -RED STRONK.
-Durability (700CP) -I want to be a bit more tough.
-Stamina (Free) -RUN RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.
-Regen (600CP) -Good thing I can heal.
-Toggle (300CP) -Never lose control.
-Autocharge (0CP) -Never need a power source either!
-Hardened Cell Phone (Free) -Oh shit this is nice.
-Hardened Laptop (Free) -Connect to the net!
Dice Rolls: Free Pick (Seattle), 20 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Also have a tiny snippet of writefagging. pastebin.com/8fTS9Vd6

Is Holy Warrior in Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare based on anything in the setting?

>Hating the 2nd best show to ever exist
Why?

Okay, now that I've figured out which one of these is the actual thread, here's the next version of my DKC jump, open for comments and criticism.

>Electrokinesis
A shocking choice, but one that's most enlightning. If I could, I would give you thunderous applause.

Are there any good AI to put or import my Mecha into? I know there is Titanfall but that is the only one I know of. Please and thank you.

Hello all. I'm still working on making an imaged version of my Idolmaster jump. Work got crazy over the past week so I've been away, but I've got a bit of time to work on it now. Before I got too far, I wanted to know what the thread thought of this visual style. Windows with text in them over backgrounds of the series looks pretty good, but other people prefer simpler styles. What does the thread think?

Also, about the size. General advice says you should make it about 1200 px wide, but other jumps like Fallout New Vegas seem to go much larger and I haven't heard any complaints. This one is 1920 px wide. Does anybody care about the size or is the general consensus "go wild"?

While I'm here, any feedback or requests? The imaged version will also be version 1.1, including one user's request for 50 CP options.

I still can't believe a jump hasn't been made yet. Then again we don't have Simpsons or Family Man. So it isn't that surprising.

I read that as "Prophecies" to begin with, and was confused.

Yeah, I'm starting to rack them up.

I don't think people are making a big deal so much as pointing out it's possible. Should be fine to leave it.

> I gotta catch up.
God I love you, Marcy.

>Buy Atlantis in the Harry Turtledove Atlantis jump
>The continent of Atlantis, but it's a warehouse attachment and doesn't import into settings
>Nomanisan Island from Incredibles
>Can appear in the world
>Hydra Construction Plans from MCU pt2 to merge properties together
>one property that follows you and serves the functions of both
>a continent that can appear in the world.

I import a small continent in each jump.

So, jumpers...how many of you took the Furry option in the Body Mod supplement?

?

What's Sally majoring in?

Nah, nothing against furries, but I stayed human

It's more deviant to fuck them when you're still human.

Is there a text version on the drive?

I'm basically vermin already.

>Carl took out the fucking deer.

I thought this was a low power chain.

He is talking about an Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Absolutely the best and one of the better companions a jumper could pick up along the way.

I think he's talking about Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Yep, it's up there. That one's version 1.0 and I plan on implementing the 50 CP items once I finish the imaged version.

Oh. My bad.

How powerful would you be if you took the Archmage perk? On the level of Magic Man or Betty?

Cool.
I prefer text jumps, but I admire the effort and skill that goes into making imaged jumps. Keep up the good work, dude!

I have done this for my last couple chains. I have my own high school, multiple mansions, an Island. my own police station and much much more.

So Jumpers, I know some of you ship, and play matchmaker. But have you ever caused a couple to form entirely by accident?

Teen Titans was roller coaster. All kinds of ships happened because of my actions, despite that not being part of the plan.

But it's more fun to be a furry since you can get pregnant from your pet arcanine

Sally majors in theatre.

It's very sad.

I dunno if you saw the question when I posted it, but if we take Got The Dirt, we need to buy the partner with cp as a companion, right? We can't take them for free?

How annoying is it to fight you?

One stop to the shrek jump and that's still a possibility. or vice versa.

>multiple shields that require breaking
>one-hit kills
>permanent debuffs
>teleport spamming bullshittery
>fucker can also fly when not teleporting
>he just punted the tank out of the dungeon
>WHY IS EVERYTHING A FUCKING AOE

Pokemon are still a different species bro. There's really no better chance of a furry more successfully breeding than a human.

Not really, with a combination of a (severely depowered because the full thing is too bullshit for my liking) House of Mystery (renamed House of Dreams) and some fanwanking, my properties and homes all exist in a simultaneous spot, separated by magic into different levels/planes which are attached to certain key features of the property.

For instance, the garden has a Sakura Tree, walk around it twice and you'll find yourself in a massive Sakura Tree Grove.

When it is imported as a specific property, the whole thing collapses into one physical form, the rest still exists, but as a dream state, along with any companions who haven't been imported.

What's the point of being a Jumper when you can't do strange as fuck esoteric things with the stuff you've collected over your chain?

Yeah, those are good ways to be annoying to fight. You know what else is a good one? Health bar perks, so that no matter how much damage you've taken you never show it. That's a real good way to demoralize people, never appearing to take any damage.

>he didn't become a pokemon furry in order to have all those poke eggs

Depending on where you go, that could be a useful skillset. I actually like jumps where going to college is a reasonable thing to do. I can claim I'm researching or learning useful skills, like Art History or Russian Literature.

>Rogue of Space
>Rogue in Overlord
>Dodgetanker in Fire Emblem Tellius
>Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge In Dodgeball
>Ribbon Bearer in FFTA
>Heals out the ass
>Magic Resistance EX as a Grand Servant

It's not very annoying at all. Sneak Attack, bitch.

I didn't see it before, no. Given that it's a pretty bad drawback IMO, I think it'd be fair to give you the companion for free as if you got them with the Create A Companion option or the Canon Companion option. Sound good?

Humans are most likely in the "humanoid" egg group, so any pokemon in that group we could successfully breed with.

Nigga humans have been lawfully wedded with Pokémon.

It's only a matter of time before the first Pokémon-Human hybrids show up in either the game or manga.

AND FUCKING REBURST DOES NOT COUNT THAT SHIT WAS TERRIBLE

>Shields, armor, and weapons made of super-compressed ash that can regenerate in an instant
>Smoke constantly blinding you
>OH GOD THERE'S FIRE EVERYWHERE
>Keep smacking you with a giant size-changing pole
>Constantly on the move with all of the martial arts
>"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!" levels of psionic bullshittery
>All sorts of precog in this shit
>If you manage to hit me, I just absorb the blow
>OH SHIT IT'S A GIANT FUCKING MONKEY
>OH SHIT HE'S A SUPER SAIYAN
>OH SHIT HE'S A GIANT FUCKING SUPER SAIYAN MONKEY
>OH SHIT IS THAT THE EIGHT GATES? IS THAT CHIKARA NO HADO? IS THAT THE KAIO KEN? OH SH-

Sounds good to me.

Wouldn't the species always be the same as the male though?

>Pick up infinity from SDS o MEoP from Isekai
>Pick up skyrim/oblivion spell crafting
>110% fire resistance for one second
>And everything else too.

Very.

I'm annoying to fight because I don't let people actually fight me. Whenever my enemies run into me face to face, I always bail out. I often intentionally put myself into positions where I meet my foes, it always only just enough exposure for me to talk to them and start setting up Friendship and Relationship build Perks. You know how sometimes when you're making progress in a game, you'll run into a short cutscene and the antagonist is literally RIGHT THERE talking with his lieutenants, and when the PCs walk in to fight him, he notices them and tells his minions to take care of it and walks off? I do that, ad infinitum.

It's always the female actually.

About as annoying as it is to fight Freeza, I imagine.

> "You can't hide behind your minions anymore!"
> "Aha! Now you show your true form!"
> "... now you show your TRUE form!"
> "Oh come on, another form? Are you... are you healing every time?"
> "STOP WITH THE FORMS ALREADY"
> "I fucking killed you! You died! You gave a god damn speech and everything!"
> "Did you just come back to life a second time? And you brought a brand new army? What does it take to get rid of -- WAIT DON'T BLOW UP THE PLANET"

... yep.

About as annoying as Freeza.

THat's between Pokémon and Pokémon breeding partners, tho.

Pokémon-Human could offset it, potentially.

What would be th best classpect in sburb for unlimited ressurections?

Pretty annoying considering the utter ridiculous size of my mana bar already.
>Fortify Magicka + The Atronach (The Elder Scrolls) + Bard/Maestro (Ragnarok Online)
Then there's my utter versatility as a spellcaster.
>Red Mage (FF1) + Spellmaker (The Elder Scrolls)
And if that always fails I can fall back on the melee skills I've picked up.
>Physical Boost (Generic Magical Girl) + Fancy Footwork, Not a Burdened Beast, and Job Crystals [All of them] (Chocobo Dungeon)
Or if I feel like really frustrating someone, I can just make them fight themselves.
>@clone (Ragnarok Online)
And even if you hit me, you're really hitting yourself.
>Thornmail (League of Legends)
But if you manage to get past all that and put me onto the ropes, then my friends come out to play and we can begin the /real/ fight.

All the colorshifting with the background and images is raping my eyes. Like a female doujin protagonist.

But that's just me, probably.

If you buy Monkey Kid in Dragon Ball do you need to buy Saiyan again in Dragon Ball Z?

If you don't would you still be able to grow to Z levels of power, including Super Saiyans etc?

Probably none of them. Resurrections tend to be limited, and it's limited to once a jump for God Tiers until post-spark. The Maid of Life could resurrect players once and only once. An Heir with their vague defenses might be able to come back just once, but it's more like they'd just self-heal beforehand. A Doom or Time player could avoid or destroy their inevitable end with the right class, but they'd most likely not cancel an event post-hoc.

>pic

I wonder (if the book takes into account) what having a small continent plunked into the North Atlantic would do to the climates of the Americas, Europe and Africa?

Pic related. Smack talk and, sometimes, speeches included
Also, I have Mother Rolling Counter Perk which prevents damage from taking effect for a few seconds.
Combine that with many regen perks, and quite a few people who are doing damage don't know it.

Sorry. I just have a lot of nostalgia for the series and wanted to properly illustrate it.

Would a just blank, no-image version be better for people in general?

>If you buy Monkey Kid in Dragon Ball do you need to buy Saiyan again in Dragon Ball Z?

DB and Z are 100% the same canon. No room for ambiguity and fanwanking. You'll be able to do Z things after DB, the only issue is that you start from an extremely low base and have to go through a lot of shit to get up to regular Saiyan levels, like Goku had to.

Thanks. I wasn't sure.

on that topic do we need to cut off our tail to make sure we don't go full Oozaru and kill everyone around me(on accident).

>get health bar from a meta perk in a jump based on a game
>go to another jump where everyone actually has health bars because it _is_ a game (e.g. Sword Art Online)
>players think you're cheating or have ridiculous regen because the health bar they can _see_ never drops

Sufficient willpower alone would let you keep your mind when in Oozaru mode.
Vegeta was even able to speak when in Oozaru mode.
There are also, of course, perks that give you more control over unwanted transformations. Noblesse also has a perk that lets you keep your mind even when in a berserk like state/form.

DBZ has a 0 point drawback that has you continue your DB jump in the DBZ timeline, including getting to choose your old race for free. I'd assume even if you chose another race, you could grow to normal Saiyan potential.

Cutting off your tail probably wouldn't work if you have any kind of regen. Just wear sunglasses, or use something like final form to hide it (or just learn to control it, because it's a 10x power boost, which is nice before you master SSJ).

GLORIOUS

>Cutting off your tail probably wouldn't work if you have any kind of regen
Tails grow back anyway, the people just choose to not have them do so for some reason.

>> "I fucking killed you! You died! You gave a god damn speech and everything!"

Wasn't it that tails only grow back once?
At least I believe that was the excuse given and it's totally not that they were just forgetful/lazy.

I totally missed that. I was only looking at the racial option itself, and the time extender in Dragon Ball. I didn't even realize there was a counterpoint 0CP drawback in Dragon Ball Z. Thank you.

Related question. Does Chain Breaker - the Xenoverse inspired drawback in Dragon Ball - scale, or does it only elevate enemies far above their canon levels? The one in Dragon Ball Z is clear about it being higher than canon, not scaled to you, but Chain Breaker says:
>Your enemies will suddenly and inexplicably become much stronger, even the silliest of foes fighting you with titanic power that turns an easy fight into a grueling life-or-death struggle.

It seems odd to have the tougher drawback in Dragon Ball, but I don't want to assume it is like the Dragon Ball Z one if it is actually meant to scale.

I mean, an alternate version with white background would be appreciated, but no pressure bro. You're doing some good work there.

I think it is because that if pulled or cut it basically takes you out the battle so there is very little reason to have it in combat. Especially since Super Saiyan lets you exceed it

What was your Strife Specibus? I'm trying to choose between Yoyokind, Pizzactrkind, and Hckystckkind.

I don't think a reason is ever given. Vegeta, for example, never grows his back.

What jumps have good full body prosthetics/brain uploading into robotic bodies that are feasible for large scale?
Also need a way to make their energy source self-sufficient without needing to recharge from an external charging station or the like and a way to make them self-repairing.

The harder the sci-fi, the better.

At the very least, change the background for the text to be white rather than grey. Also, it'd be better if it was rectangular, rather than just overlapping the paragraphs.

Some (or all, so it's consistent) of the images could really use a border/backdrop too, so they don't clash with the pages.

>Vegeta, for example, never grows his back
That was specifically give.
It's that they forgot it could grow back.
I'm not joking.

Unlike all the other Jumpers here, I'm but a simple Jumper with a very simple plan.

> Martial Arts Prodigy
- Learn the opponent's style in the middle of a fight, and make it better? Check.
- Use everything as a weapon? Check.
- Use any weapon? Check.
- Actually tell the opponent that one uses weapons because my actual Fighting Style is so purely bullshit that few have stood up to it? Check.

> Modern Combat Doctrine
- CQC? Look above. Check.
- Unconventional Warfare expertise? Check and Double -fucking- check.
- Explosives? When are they NOT the answer? Check.
- Vehicle combat? Giggity...err, Check.

> Esoteric Bullshit
- Chi? Check honored one.
- Magic? CLAMP style magic that works with literally all magics I learn. Check.
- Cheating? Thank you JL Dark. Check.
- First Magic? For all my weapon needs among other things. Check!
- Rune Magic? Check.
- The Force? Know it you do, Boi! Check.
- Haki? CHECK!
- Magoi? Check.
- Bloodline of Darkness? Open season on all forms of unique magics and spells?! Check!!
- Cosmic Energy? KITA!
- Cosmo? Tell me, have you felt your burning Cosmo? Check!
- Fullbringer? Since when where you under the impression this would not be a check?
- Magitech in general? Check.
- Chakra and Fuinjutsu? Believe it!

> Now then
- Shit to combine ALL of this together into one bullshit Jumper? Check.
- Half-a-billion things I'm sure I forgot? Definite check.

> pic related whenever I have to fight someone new with new stuff and things

But to answer your question? It depends:
- Usually, I end fights quickly. Since I decided to skip out on the alternate forms stuff, I'm still relatively squishy, and I'm fine with that, makes things interesting.
- If the one I'm fighting is INTERESTING however, that's when I start poking and prodding to see how far they can go and how far I can take what they are using on me.

So irritating in the sense that I'm either not even letting you get started or I take everything you're using and doing it better.

Ghost in the Shell is a good start I believe.

Just want to say that it looks really good so far.

Pic-related, know any perks to no-sell knockback?

Y'know, for that whole "cannonball hits your chest, falls to the ground, you turn and look at the soldiers" instead of "cannonball hits your chest, you get knocked fifty feet across the battlefield and onto your ass"?

If Araki didn't exist Toriyama would be the most forgetful mangaka of all time.

Eclipse Phase for the uploading and bodies. Assorted Dragon Ball jumps for the androids power cores and possibly repair systems.

GUNNM probably has what you're looking for the most readily available, but it goes the full body prosthetic route. You might be able to find something in FTL if you root around the setting. The Engi race from there all have fully artificial bodies. VA-11 HALL-A is another unlikely place to look for brain uploading and full body prosthetics, but both are well within the range of that setting's technology. You might also be able to take Star Wars technology a step or two further to get what you want too.

Also, it's a /really/ rough, but Fall-out might have a ghetto version you could cobble together if you raided the right Vault.

Whatever classpect lets you finish the entirety of Homestuck and Spark. So...take the perk that lets you know when you're fucking with time too much, and hope for the best. If you just dick around on the moons you'll be okay for a large chunk of the story.

GiTS
Doom
SupCom
Robocop
Fallout
Alpha Centauri
And even Terminator with the T3000 and some clever work.
Star Trek has the tech level, but only the Borg has explored cybernetic trans-humanism.
Star Wars kinda.

I just take ALL the luck perks. All of 'em.

>Notice coins on the ground, pick it up just before sniper fires
>A hotel is rigged to blow while i'm staying at it, I notice mold on the sheets and decide to stay at the other hotel down the road. Give it a one star review just before I hear it explode.
>Evil swordsman tries to duel me one on one, a plane falls on him.

The list just goes on and on.

Potionkind. The Sylladex and Specibus lets you keep massive stacks of your weapon, and I have alchemy perks out the ass. Using the in-game Alchemization to combine potions into random disasters was a great way to experiment and figure out the system. It got a little expensive in time and nearly wrecked my Land when I combined a Highly Volatile Slime Jar and a Chunk of Uranium. But it was fun.

What was your classpect? If it's anything Doom-related you have to go with Hckystckkind and play up the fact that it looks like a scythe and that a certain unstoppable horror movie monster wears a hockey mask. Pizzactrkind would be great if you combine it with anything that has a motor, or if you're in a more active Class like a Knight. Yoyokind if you have a passive Class because you can use it to be a very active guide to the rest of your team. Wrap them up in the string so that it clunks them on the head in the end.

Eclipse Phase, if you can provide the materials and manufacturing capacity.
It can also do the self-repair thing with repair nanites.
Ditto for The Polity.
But you're going to need power from somewhere else. The best EP can get is solar, or fission batteries.
Maybe make magitech batteries or something.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is sburb