Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

What hijinks have your party gotten up to so far?

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
some other pastebin: archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/starfinder/username/mageguru/
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqGQyMF5a_0
prepressure.com/pdf/basics/metadata
a.pomf.cat/fyruey.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neat, new thread right as I wake up.

I've organized some of the stuff that has been suggested so far for the two plants. We're going to need a lot of work if they want to get to where the Nagarta are.

>Carnivorous Plant Race
→ # →
→ # →
→ # →
Click on the links, there is a lot that has been written for them, but they don't seem to be a race that wrote much stuff down. How do they get along with Humans and other species of the Vast? How common are they? The Nagarta's government is actively exporting their people, who is getting these plants off their planet? Anything to note when they do get out into space?

Someone suggested they like to bathe in the rotting remains of their enemies, but this seems like a rumor they would spread. Maybe.

we determined that they have:
+con
ranged acid attack
and not much else

>Tropical Flowerfolk
We've got another option here: → #
Same questions as above, but let's make them a backstory. What's a big, noticeable historical even for them? What do they look like?

Please check out the links and toss in your ideas and suggestions.

Why would a carnivorous plant be +con?
By definition they can't have bark or similar thick skins.

From what I gathered, their skin is still extremely durable. It absorbs blows instead of breaking

So /sfg/ how does starfinder improve and/or fuck-up Pathfinder, and why not just do my own reskin of pathfinder for space?

Well, none of the classes they introduced are fullcasters, so that's something.

Iterative attacks are dead.
Spells that scale based on caster level rather than spell slot used are dead. For that matter, 9th level casting is also dead.
Free 5-foot step is dead.

It's less about what SF has and more about what it doesn't.

well all the new items add a lot.
In terms of weapons, blasting is no longer the magic thing. Grenades mean explosions are for most classes, though costly. Energy type damages are available for everyone.
The best blasters are probably soldiers now because of heavy weapon options.
The 'wizard' equivalents best way of being a blaster is either creating weapons with magic, or enhancing weapons with magic. Blasting spells are more if you didn't want to go with combat stats (ie dex) and still wanted some damage.

in terms of other equipment. Arcane eye is buyable equipment. Flight is buyable equipment. etc etc. The book makes it pretty clear that magic is no longer so much about doing things no one else can do, because equipment lets you do most of those things.

There is no longer one skill monkey class. Operative is like rogue in terms of skill monkey, and stealthy. But the envoy gets to be extra good at a few skills they pick. Mechanics are the best at a Engineering and Computers (ie very useful skills). The 'wizard' technomancer is almost as good at computers.
Etc.

Range combat is the norm. Melee weapons can be good, but default everyone has a gun.

I would say technomancer is better than engineer at Computers since it has a spell that gives a massive circumstance bonus to skill checks.

mechanics base insight bonus is higher, and they get mechanic tricks which make them far better at hacking.
Plus they can hack at range, and exocortex ones can hack while doing other actions or hack at twice the speed.

Could I learn starfinder and just play it as a Shadowrun setting?

there are some pretty big setting difference.
First in shadowrun magic and tech don't mix, while in starfinder magic and tech mix just fine.
Starfinder is in some ways higher tech than in shadowrun.

Not really.
Hacking is handwaved, there's no astral/matrix at all, augmentations mostly boil down to bonus stats and extra arms, and D&D type spells will shit all over SR lore.

you could possibly run a shadowrun type game in the starfinder setting, you'd just need to adjust the mission design a bit.
Plenty of big high tech cities and megacorps to work with.

Sounds great!

In some ways? You can't even tell your computer to trigger a remote bomb on a timer.

yes you can.
Control model. I mean they didn't give literally every type of equipment tiny tech equipment, but a timer is something you can just add in.
Com unit, control device, detonator, bomb.

Shadowrun doesn't have space ships, force fields everywhere, etc.

They have force fields, they're just magic and therefore stupid expensive to maintain outside of a personal lodge.

hence why i said "force fields EVERYWHERE".
plus most guns shoot lasers, or lighting, or whatever.
Shadowrun is good old bullets.

Has anyone tried their hand at starfindering the monk class? or does everyon just use the solarian for flavor?

Is there a link to the core book, anywhere? The link in the OP is dead. I'm going to buy a hard copy next week, but I don't have enough cash for buying it right now.

I guess I'll have to wait if I need to.

Your reminder that space combat is broken and that until the books are reprinted anyone that says they will be fixed be anything is a liar.

Check the last threads. There were links for a new one.

Why would you want the Monk back anyways?

Probably, remove archaic from fists, improved unarmed for free, flurry is one bonus attack that turns into two bonus attacks at level 12.
Unlike most, the Monk can get their bonus flurry attacks after taking a move action; taking a full attack gets them the normal 'second' attack on top of their flurry attacks.
They're always considered to be dual wielding, so they benefit from the feat that reduces the full attack penalty when dualing.

Maybe let them use battle-fists?

Maybe let them also be "unfuck combat maneuvers, the class".
Unlike soldiers who should be shooting guns or using plasma cutters and solarions who have crazy cosmic nega-swords, a Monk actually needs to care how they strike their opponent past "did it hit?"

Unplaytested.

Alter it how you see fit.

Hello Veeky Forums

Does your spess game have its own BIG SHOT show for bounty hunters?

Turn all the high level spells into monoliths, super magi-tech artifacts, spoopy grand rituals.

No, it has citadel ships for the Hellknights

>tardanon's thread is dead and gone
yay

latest update to nagartas.
CHANGE LOG:
added colors and columns to make it look more like CRB
revised SHARC section alot of info was dulpicated.
added lots of small editting changes.
deleted random sentences to make writing more concise
added pictures
added solor system details
added covert strife/corruption

LEFT TO DO:
i think we are pretty much done, actually
make writing more concise
maybe some discussion on nagarata ships
maybe more pictures
maybe details about Asteria

we are only about a quarter page over what the CRB gives for its races, and i think we did a 3X better job than them. well done everybody. As always, if there is anything you think needs changed or added, let me know or write something up and i will change it.

oh yeah i forgot,
if the plant anons want to put their race into the same system as nagartas, ill definately help with that. i think it wiould be cool

Shark race when?

when you make them

>mfw Alien Archive dropped
>mfw the Aeon Guard

>>mfw Alien Archive dropped
LINK MOTHER FUCKER NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=NqGQyMF5a_0

In reality just underwater garbage diving puppies, so when you adapt them, they should be the worst junk food eaters in the galaxy.

>Aeon Guard

I'm guessing they disappear people who know too much of the pre-gap shit.

FOR GOOD REASON.

>Golarion was destroyed in a disaster by some great, evil artifact

Fucking Pathfinder Society.

So is Dead Suns garbage or is it below garbage?

>> PDF available Oct 18

Fucker's lying.

I'm starting a campaign of this pretty soon. Going light-based solarian for full PURGE. Any Solarian tips?

Photon for combat, Graviton for utility/support.

>Fucker's lying.

Am i?

These shits already look like the new kender.

How's the dragon race like? What do they get? Are you just gonna be teasing us or gonna up it?

make a link for us user, so that we may partake in the glory of the archive. tits in return

>Are you just gonna be teasing us or gonna up it?

Honestly, I don't know how to scrub the thing!

prepressure.com/pdf/basics/metadata this article might have enough info to do it by, I remember just googling that and getting good guides to do it by. Actually pretty simple stuff.

I would greatly appreciate the pdf, since my game is waiting for the Archive to drop so we can start playing.

Well, I guess we got art for these guys now.

The scrubbed PDF will come tomorrow.

Sahuagin (shark-blooded) are a Pathfinder race, easy enough to port over.

Thats a somewhat goofy looking fellow, that one.

>How's the dragon race like? What do they get?

Dragonkin?

Can't you avoid the light-sensitivity by using sunglasses?

Yes, you can in fact.

Speaking of the Drow, they're still a staunchly matriarchal society where the common male has little chance for advancement.

post the kalo plage is if can please

wow i suck at typing
* kalo page if you can please

If it's not too much trouble could you post the other pc race stats and the table of contents?

Thanks, broseidon!

Anyone know where I can find a pdf version of core rules?
Group want to play but cant find pdf

we had a bunch of function links in the OP at one point, but nigger animeanon removed them, because niggers do nothing but destroy

Check the starfinder folder in the /pfg/ trove.

Here, freshly uploaded
a.pomf.cat/fyruey.pdf

Any drops on the latest Starfinder Society module?

Thanks user
pic related

Please do not be rude to users uploading things. It is a .pdf from pomf.

Thanks for the upload, I was looking for a cleaner version. This looks to be the cleanest thus far.

Anons... I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I can scrub the PDF.

unsurprising.
our fish race is 50X better.

I just finished a read through of the core book. Really like what I'm reading so far, glad to see I already have a lot of homebrew stuff that's compatible with this stuff. My group's been exploring space in Pathfinder for a while now.

My only hangup is, WHAT THE FUCK ARE SOLARIANS SUPPOSED TO BE? I understand where they are coming from with every other class, but what the hell are these guys? I don't get it? They're "sun people"?

!Jedi

Reminder, the book is not baked at all. These are the ideas that got put on paper but not tested at all.

They do fancy shit in combat, mostly at closer range, and power up to super abilities.
Ours is playing it as a Magical Girl and it fits pretty well.

No ki blasts like Sunsoul monks, damn.

Woah, this seems a little on the strong side for a PC class.

Is Partner Bond a positive or a negative trait?

They are not even close to being Jedi like. They are now like some sort of strange 50s-60s sci-fantasy creation, or possibly an 80s cartoon.

They are Jedi Green Lanterns without a jedi order or a lantern corps.

It doesn't have the bloat that pathfinder has, if you're using the wiki for it.

You don't get hundreds of rogue talents that are almost entirely worthless now.

Yeah, this is more the impression I got from them.

Thundarr the barbarian is the closest I can think of.

You're supposed to make me want to use the game user, not make my own.

They fill the role of monks and paladins.

melee warriors with some magic-like abilities on the side.

Are there documents for converting the base Pathfinder classes to Starfinder yet?

I don't want to do all the work.

Here
Don't.pdf

You'd think that'd be some shit they would have worked on initially.

I know some people were doing it and some documents were made but I don't see them.

barbarian -> ???
bard -> envoy
cleric -> mystic
druid -> mystic
fighter -> soldier
monk -> solarian or paladin -> solarian
ranger -> ???
rogue -> operative
sorcerer -> mystic or technomancer
wizard -> mystic or technomancer, again

It's sort of hard to base characters around primal rage and nature in a sci-fi setting

I appreciate the... thought. But I am talking about literal conversion, which takes out the classes iterative attacks, changes their class skills, etc.

you are a fucking moron for wanting to play dark age classes in a space game

Well, there's the I posted

I think soldier and operative at least are analagous enough, though.

Okay, thanks. It's a basic conversion. I don't care about your "setting."

People in my campaign are on foreign planets where magic and fighters are still very much the norm and space ships, soldiers and technomancers don't exist yet.

I'm interested in how a Warblade would be like in this game, or really any ToB class.

Why is it called Adept

...then why are you using starfinder?

it sounds more sci-fi than "monk"

>...then why are you using starfinder?

Because my characters are in a universe where technology is taking over, and the far reaches of the universe house undiscovered planets and civilizations still in the stone ages, iron ages, and medieval ages.

If you don't have the conversions, you can stop responding now.

Ranger is mechanic.

NPC's don't need a class conversion.

>NPC's don't need a class conversion.

Okay, I have a player who wants to be a Ranger from one of the exotic planets who was abducted by alien races. I also have an entire kingdom with quests and dungeons I'm building in the Pathfinder engine that characters and players from the Starfinder engine are going to discover and deal with.

There are several NPC classes that will be helping them or going along with them and they need proper conversion. Not DMPC's per se, but my players will know if I'm just making up stats.

from the thumbnail i thought she was naked

I just started reading, I haven't seen anything that would require you to convert anything, really. It just fits together, doesn't it? These rules and systems look pretty much the same as Pathfinder.

Oh right, yeah i forgot about drones/animal companions

There are some differences, especially in late game, between how combat works. Shouldn't be an issue if they're all under level 5 or so