Tfw you never have to make a bbeg because of the party's natural tendency to make enemies

>tfw you never have to make a bbeg because of the party's natural tendency to make enemies

Also ypu DM a bunch of contrarian sadists who would side with a bad guy or ignore him altogether

>tfw you have trouble making a bbeg because prior party members were infinitely worse

>party wants X toy
>give them some hooks and avenues they can take to get X toy
>spend a good amount of time planning it
>don't feel like having X toy like 5 minutes after following the hook and give up on it
Every single time

>party starts to go religious
>begin to worship the sun, charity alms, etc
> feels good, no wanton killing
>begin to worship sun as a deity
>party disbands/dies except for the zealous cleric of the sun
>begins to preach scorching the weak as the sun scorches the planet
>really successful due to multi-classing bard
>party member makes bbeg cult for next campaign

>tfw you have trouble making BBEGs because the party is too good at killing them and you don't want cheap asspull escapes

>tfw you make several BBEGs, just in case the party doesn't find one intimidating or hateable enough

>tfw no John you are the BBEG

>BBEG

UGH.

>UGH
お前はもう死んでいる

>UGH.
BBEG.

>tfw you never get to actually use your BBEGs because the moment shit gets too risky your party just runs away

>tfw after your party beats a mini BBEG and one of them wants to "interrogate" him

Oh god, this.

>First session
>The thief is stealing shit left right and center across town the moment everyone is done with character creation.
>He fails a few rolls
>As the thefts have been minor things like the odd piece of fruit, in interests of getting the game moving the townsfolk are just getting angry and yelling at him.
>Tries to steal a sword from the Blacksmith. >Fails roll.
>Blacksmith grabs sword back off him and demands to know what he is trying to pull.
>Paladin steps in and attacks the Blacksmith wounding him for half his HP.
>Ranger joins in and finishes off the Blacksmith.
>Guard have shown up by now.
>Clearly mention, several times, the town gate is just a short way behind them and everyone is fleeing the streets to avoid the fight
>They can easily run away
>Being extra prudent, there is only five undertrained guards in town, it's at best a level two encounter.
>They charge the guard.
>Ranger, Paladin & Thief all hit them with their swords.
>Wizard one refuses to join the fight and plays dumb, wizard two wants to hit things with his sword.
>TPK, except Wiz1 who pretended to not know them.
>What? Why'd they attack us? We're heroes!
>Start again after explaining how not to be psychopaths.
>They are Highwaymen by the end of the night.
So I guess I'm running an Evil campaign now.

Who are those guys? Can anyone give me a
>quick rundown
on them?

Their name's the filename.
Brothers who got one to many plastic surgeries together.

>Alpha Legion bows to Guilliman
>In contact with aeldari
>Possesses psyker-like abilities
>Controls Terra with an iron but fair fist
>Owns planets and fleets globally
>Direct descendant of the Emperor of Mankind
>Will bankroll the first human Webway (the first gateway will be built on Macragge)
>Owns 99% of geneseed editing research facilities on Mars
>First primaris in all likelihood will be ultramarines
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in Milky Way has only existed amongst the Old Ones and Sensei
>Ancient eldar scriptures tell of a warrior with a flaming sword who will descend upon Terra and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>Commands Mechanicus worlds around the galaxy
>You likely have a primaris behind you right now
>Guilliman is in direct communication with Vulkan and Jaghatai Khan, forwarding the will of the Emperor to Salamanders. Who do you think set up the return of the primarchs (second one in 1000 years) and arranged Khan's first visit to Imperial palace?
>He learned fluent tyranid in under a week
>Chapters entrust their geneseed reserves with the primarch. There’s no geneseed on Sanguinius, only on Konor.
>The primarch is about 10,000 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by the Imperium.
>In reality, he is a timeless being, existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

Is your party just extremely brain dead?

>Paladin steps in and attacks the Blacksmith.
Did you actually allow an evil aligned Paladin or what? What kinda Paladin would jump straight to "Assault the townsfolk" when some thief he doesn't know gets caught stealing.
Alternatively, this

They just seem like the Skyrim crowd, thinking that if it attacks you, you NEED to kill it.

>starting the PCs in a town

kek, classic noob GM mistake

next time just pop them straight into room 1 of the dungeon and roll nitiative
everyone will have a blast instead of this clusterfuck townsfolk massacre

>Never have to make plot hooks because of the party's greed

I just flash a couple of gold coins in front of their characters' faces and they'll do anything I want.

>tfw you never have to make real mysteries to hide something from your players because your party has trouble connecting the dots for even the most simple of cause and effect relationships.

And I mean to the order of things like not figuring out why the person they insulted got mad at them, or why they're easier to find when they're carrying around a tracking device.

This statement is the only statement that holds any merit in RPG's.

Thats what happens when the only rpg someone has ever played IS Skyrim.

Could be playing 4e or 5e, since they aren't restricted in alignments. Played a LN oath of vengeance Paladin last session.

>being this new

I wish that explained things. But no. I think has it, they were expecting a game.
This was their first go at a tabletop RPG and specifically asked me to do DnD.

Nope, the player described them as a 'Paladin of Justice' who worshiped Pelor.
I did ask them if they were sure, because that wasn't how paladins behave but they went ahead with it.
I'm not going to tell them no, they can't. I'll just warn them and let them make a mess of things on their own.

In retrospect it was probably a bad idea but I was hoping to go for the classic opening.
I haven't DMed much personally as my usual group has a dedicated forever DM. I'm doing this for some other firends.

>being this old

>tfw you started a gang war between your party and a band of cultist-robbers who kept trying to mug you.

The DM didn't understand why we kept responding with lethal force when they tried shaking us down, but then they stopped carrying clubs and now use lethal weapons after we killed 19 of them.

Threatening to take a player's stuff is worse than threatening to take our lives

Focus less on the idea of the PCs as the "heroes" versus their enemies the "villains." Instead calibrate your campaign to accept the PCs as the moral basis and champions of the campaign. Make their enemies ones who go against that moral basis in such a way that the PCs care about taking that antagonist out. If your PCs truly care about something, anything then you have a hook.

Ive found that writing hooks is a waste of time with most groups. Instead i let them poke around a for a session and find something theyre really into, then before the second session, flesh out the thing

Something something front something death something something.

Yeah, throwing plots at the wall and seeing what sticks works pretty well

>死んでいる
お前 is Omae, its a rude way of saying "All of You" or "you guys"
もう is mou, sort of like saying "also"
死んでいる is like saying "go die", or "go kill yourself"

basically that dude is say "kys" meme

Are you DM'ing for a group of talking animals?

Sometimes it certainly seems that way.

>never need to make a BBEG because players get themselves killed before they ever need to be introduced

dudewhat

>There are people who don't recognize Hokuto no Ken
>tfw there are probably people who have never even heard of it
>tfw there are people young enough to think Dragonball created shonen
Is this what being old is like?

>tfw never have to make BBEG because nothing I can create could possibly eclipse the sins of my players

I tried to be edgy and have a guy literally killing children, which descended into them killing even more children in more violent ways

I think people probably just have trouble reading Chex-Mix letters

I feel like this is probably the plot to some anime

oh ok I was a little wrong in the translation

Oh god is this the guys who kept carrying a magical blue stone around after it mysteriously appeared in their backpack when an evil guy was caught messing with it and then were told it was a tracking device and kept it because "it could be sending that magical signal anywhere" while they get attacked by ninja assassins constantly?