Have you ever considered how bachelors in your setting would see female adventurers...

Have you ever considered how bachelors in your setting would see female adventurers? It's pretty obvious that male adventurers tend to be the epitome of manliness and could easily slay pussy by the dozens, but how is it for women? Are they respected for being strong and brave individuals, or are they seen as unfeminine or even immoral? Would being an adventurer effectively exclude a woman from ever marrying anyone other than other adventurers?
>Inb4 depends on the setting
Yeah, that's what I'm asking.

So is this a thinly veiled "I hate women" thread, or a thinly veiled "I want to fuck women" thread?

Depends on what kind of adventurer they are. Big burly warriors only have a very small share of the market, while traditionally feminine archetypes like witches or holy maidens tend to have a much broader appeal.

In other words: Depends on the woman.

Are you retarded or did you know your thread was shit

>male adventurers tend to be the epitome of manliness and could easily slay pussy by the dozens
>implying anyone would want to fuck my deformed 5 charisma dwarf cancer mage

It's likely to vary to a great extent based on what their class and of course individual personality, but I think it's likely that all female adventurers are going to come off as intimidating to normal men to some extent. Various martial classes (including battle clerics, probably) are going to be more physically imposing than most women, more scholarly and pious cleric types could be seen as too pure to approach, arcane casters might be met with apprehension or distrust or superstition (especially those playing up the witch aspect), and even bards might be sexually intimidating just based on the reputation of bards sleeping around a lot.

Like those are mutually exclusive. It's both, obviously.

In my game it's fun - because I run game where quite a few races you play as have either very few males or males are weak (such as kobolds, lizardfolk or gnolls)

So female adventurer is normal, while male adventurers...are looked at with confusion

Noble bachelors may see them as a challenge, being the cocky shit lords they are. Check out any episode in Ghost In The Shell and you'll see quite a nice example of that, cept with business tycoons.

I would

I use female leaders and matriarchs pretty interchangably with men.

Really, it just doesn't come up. These are adventurers, clearly heavily armed and competent, so romancing by some random city bachelor isn't something that comes up at all. Certainly never happens to the manly men outside of bar wenches. But all my bars have male wenches as well so who cares?

Basically, I just treat the sexes interchangeably and it's never caused a single problem.

>wench(male)

Well, no matter their unfeminine pursuits, female adventurers have one thing going for them that often trumps all - like most experienced adventurers, they tend to be fabulously rich.

Roll a will save against the Male Wenches seduction.

>Have you ever considered how bachelors in your setting would see female adventurers?

Yes. Basically it varies from person to person, but overall the reaction tends to be "that's hot."

>Are they respected for being strong and brave individuals

Invariably, although some are "respected" in the same way that one respects a large dog that looks stronger than its leash. But then this extends to the male adventurers as well.

Keep in mind that mid- to high-level adventurers are individual people who often have the physical strength, magical power, charismatic force of personality, or ALL THREE, needed to cause serious changes to the political landscape. They're dangerous creatures, whose gender is frankly irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it's Merlin or Magda turning you into a frog; either way, you're eating flies from now on.

>Would being an adventurer effectively exclude a woman from ever marrying anyone other than other adventurers?

Fuck no, people want to stay on their good side, generally.

With most characters in most games Charisma or Intelligence or both are going to be dump stats. It'd be stupid if it didn't make so much sense for the inevitable murderhobo lifestyle.

The girl PCs in my game really get around.

My group is currently on their second campaign in the same gameworld. I'm the DM (male) and the players are one guy and three girls.

The guy player has always been by far the least interested in getting his character in relationships. Maybe it's partially because I'm a dude, but knowing him in other contexts I think he just doesn't find that stuff entertaining. All the girls, by contrast, flirt up a storm.

The response to this naturally varies by character, but I figure everyone who makes an effort is gonna find that some people are interested. Like, the people who are into the slutty 20-year-old noble-born rogue girl might not be into the orc barbarian chick or the elderly dwarven witch (who was based partially on Nanny Ogg.) But the big muscly orc lady definitely has her admirers, of both genders. And when she swings within her age range, the old lady has an impressive batting average.

Meanwhile, the guy PC carried on a chaste occasional courtship with a paladin NPC.

But to answer the question: PCs are usually extraordinary people. Extraordinary people wind up with both detractors and admirers.

What's wrong with big burly warrior women?

All of those things are going to be intimidating to some, but impressive to others. And, naturally, huge turn-ons to a happy few.

Nothing, they just have a more limited appeal to the masses. It's really more like demure priestesses and seductive witches are just that much more popular than burly warrior women.

Astofo a shit. Apoc a shit

Please don't insult my wife (male).

>Depends on the setting

If we take a look at real life, there were two kinds of female adventurers - the Joan D'Arc and the Disguised as Man.
Both were kinda hard to date: The Joan the Arc creates so much awe to man that even a child rapist stopped doing what he was doing and helped her without second thoughts, and the problem with the Disguised Woman was of course the Zap-Brannigan Syndrom.

Later on in history, we had female explorer and journalist, but they weren't murderhobos.

If Lemmy could slay pussy, your dwarf can too.

But Jeanne D'Arc was also Disguised as Man?

With Disguised as Man, she has to pretend to be male. Jeanne D'Arc never pretended to be male.

Nobody thought she was male either. Her body was "perfect", but somehow did not inspire feelings of lust.

>The Joan the Arc creates so much awe to man that even a child rapist stopped doing what he was doing and helped her without second thoughts
To my knowledge nothing suggests that the historical Gilles de Rais and Jeanne d'Arc were close in any way, other than both fighting for the French side (one out of conviction, the other by virtue of being a noble).

>So is this a thinly veiled "I hate women" thread, or a thinly veiled "I want to fuck women" thread?
Both, obviously.

Apoc a shit, but Astolfo is great.

No, she definitely inspired feelings of lust.

In my penis.

>"I hate that I want to fuck women" thread.

According to Encyclopedia Britannica, Gilles de Rais was part of Jeanne's "special guard" and fought alongside her at Orleans and Paris.

Nothing about them being close, but I can see how the fanfiction got started.

>Straight from Wikipedia
In 1429, he fought along with Joan of Arc in some of the campaigns waged against the English and their Burgundian allies. He was present with Joan when the Siege of Orléans ended

Of course, there's also very limited information that his satanist child raping wasn't just english propaganda.

>The guy player has always been by far the least interested in getting his character in relationships. Maybe it's partially because I'm a dude

Yeah, I run into this too. Guys generally don't want to flirt with an NPC being puppeteered by their bro, unless they're gay. Meanwhile, women are totally fine with it, and their characters tend to get embroiled in all sorts of saucy affairs.

Women make the most unabashed magical realms too. I've only played in two games that I was 100% sure were magical realms, and they were both run by females.

>tfw you'll never wait tables and occasionally dick down female adventurers for some extra coin.

>Her body was "perfect", but somehow did not inspire feelings of lust.

If you read the actual memoirs that bring this up, the reality is that she definitely inspired some heavy lust, and the guys are trying to explain their desire to fondle her while also trying to pretend they're not sexualizing the possible saint.

Half the entries are shit like "Yes, she had very large, wonderful breasts, and I thought to myself often that I wished to touch and feel them, and test their weight. B-b-but not in a blasphemous way or anything, b-baka."

I remember some settings where men were most definitely stronger but women where better at magic and most of the world's mages were women.

I'm not too versed on Wicther lore but I think they do it too.

In Castlevania 64 he has a probably descendant, Ors de Rais, who's a vampire.

So there's that.

Not exactly. In Witcher lore, there are about an equal number of wizards and sorceresses, but Sorceresses are much more active in the world while most wizards seclude themselves in towers and shit to research.

>"I hate that I want to fuck women" thread.
Pretty much nailed it. If OP wasn't such a beta, he would be able to make a better thread.

A male adventurer might slay pussy, but probably wouldn't get married any better than the female counterpart. Also, the strong female adventurer might be seen as a lady to "conquer" for some people, adding to their popularity.
Starting an adventuring career isn't something a wholly sane and balanced person would do, since it is extremely dangerous. So chances are that adventurers as a whole are/end up wrong in the head in some way, and eventually scarred and worn out by their adventures.
I would say that both have trouble getting married or settling down, unless they have a sizable amount of wealth to get around.

>or are they seen as unfeminine or even immoral?

What are tomboys for $100. Unless they are man-jawed, broad-shouldered, fridge body built dyke I don't see why they wouldn't get fucked plenty.

If you're American, you don't have family in the army do you? If you did you'd know that women in the army have the title of the most slutty of the bunch in the branches, and theyre the closest to the sword and board adventurer as you'll get in the four outside the marine snowflakes.

You're not wrong, but
>implying female "soldiers" do any real fighting
There's a reason why their physical standards are so low, a 15 year old could pass.

>It's pretty obvious that male adventurers tend to be the epitome of manliness and could easily slay pussy by the dozens
In the past two games I've played in, all the male PCs were shotaish fuccbois

Go on...

In a sci-fi setting with innumerable different races it's kinda hard to care what's between a person's legs.
Hell, sometimes it's hard to even tell what's between a persons legs without asking.

army cunts aren't in good shape. most couldn't even get gray on the opat.

Found the SJWs from reddit.

Most adventurers aren't either and end up as monster food. What's your point?

If you want strong children.
Remember, children are guaranteed to inherit some of their parents' XP.

Assuming that "it" is between their legs, or that they even have legs...

It's a science-fantasy setting, so it would largely depend on the race and colonies the players are currently visiting. Anyone who is a spacer, woman or otherwise, will command more respect and freedom than somebody who's planetbound or a colony inhabitant.

Considering how comically prudish Veeky Forums is towards anything resembling sexuality, I'm pretty sure this sums up most threads on the board.

Depends on the race

I like to make my male characters manly, and my female characters feminine. In terms of sex, males slay lots of pussy, while females hold out for their one true love.

>Considering how comically prudish Veeky Forums is towards anything resembling sexuality

I never really imagined PCs on average would ever have much luck with the opposite sex (or the same one if that's what they're into) regardless of their gender because of all the endeavors that come with the adventuring biz. Especially since hygiene or just taking care of yourself on a basic level is usually overlooked or completely hand waved in most games.

You're a fucking homeless person. Its probably been so long since you've taken a good shower you probably can't even remember. You routinely slay monsters by the dozens and delve into the grimiest filthiest holes in the world looking for treasure or magic mcguffins. Then you enter the local tavern get covered head to toe in dirt, sweat, blood and who knows what else. You smell like death, your hair is unkempt, you have shit encrusted teeth and bad breath from eating nothing but trail mix and beef jerky for weeks, you're covered in scars, armed and clad in armor and you look obviously dangerous.
Chances are nobody is gonna want to touch you with a 10 ft pole unless they're either freaks or trying to swindle you for money.

this is your fetish innit

dangerous man atracct woman
they like the trill

>"I like men but I'm not gay" thread.

>you're covered in scars, armed and clad in armor and you look obviously dangerous.
Yeah, those adventurers are so disgusting. I'd personally never want to get bent over and fucked by one of them.

Traps are gay.
Liking traps is gay.
inb4 user is gay

it has begun
close this thread

And?

The point is that those types of people are desirable as fuck.

Looks like you never played the PSP jRPG

It’s obviously a thinly-veiled “post lady knights” thread.

No. In fact I usually make it a point that my characters clean up after the party goes tomb raiding or patrolling in the fucking sewers. But you know most people wont, and its not going to stop them from trying to hit on the barmaid like retards.

As I said, disgusting freaks or people trying to swindle you for money.

Blood Meridian got the average party of murderhobos nailed
"They saw one day a pack of vicious looking humans mounted on unshod indian ponies riding half drunk through the streets, bearded, barbarous, clad in
the skins of animals stitched up with thews and armed with weapons of every description, revolvers of enormous weight and bowieknives the size of claymores and short two barreled rifles with bores you could stick your thumbs in and the trappings of their horses fashioned out of human skin and their bridles woven up from human hair and decorated with human teeth and the riders wearing scapulars or necklaces of dried and blackened human ears and the horses rawlooking and wild in the eye and their teeth bared like feral dogs and riding also in the company a number of half naked savages reeling in the saddle, dangerous, filthy, brutal, the whole like a visitation from some heathen land where they and others like them fed on human flesh."

>In fact I usually make it a point that my characters clean up after the party goes tomb raiding or patrolling in the fucking sewers
Most people assume that these types of reasonable things occur without them having to specify it because they're not autistic.

only for woman
i would not like to fuck a dirty and sweaty and muscular woman
wait
i would

>no one ever buys soap
>"c'mon man, it should ASSUMED I'm keeping clean!"

it's fucking annoying but not really autistic

>no one ever tucks themselves into their bedroll every night
>no one ever practices with their weapons
>no one ever does morning stretches
>no one ever maintains their weapons
>no one ever puts on their armor
>no one ever gathers spell components
>no one ever takes a shit
>no one ever cooks their food before eating
>no one ever eats
>no one ever blinks their eyes
>no one ever breathes
Autism.

You know that half of that can be taken care of by a DM that pretends actual people inhabit his world, right?

>You're a fucking homeless person. Its probably been so long since you've taken a good shower you probably can't even remember. You routinely slay monsters by the dozens and delve into the grimiest filthiest holes in the world looking for treasure or magic mcguffins.
Fair enough.

>Then you enter the local tavern get covered head to toe in dirt, sweat, blood and who knows what else. You smell like death, your hair is unkempt
You reek. The bouncer doesn't let you in, and if there isn't a bouncer the taverneer simply tells you that he won't serve you until you look at least halfway presentable. You then make your way to an inn, take something vaguely resembling a bath and come out looking at least semi-civilized.

>you have shit encrusted teeth and bad breath from eating nothing but trail mix and beef jerky for weeks
You probably won't get rejected for that, but why would you take a bath and *not* take care of your teeth while you're at it?

>you're covered in scars
That can be a good thing. Bitches dig scars, and they make for good stories. They also make you look rough and weathered, making sure ruffians think twice before messing with your.

>armed and clad in armor and you look obviously dangerous
You think you wouldn't be disarmed before entering the tavern? Or before entering the city for that matter? Do you think the city guard just sits there jacking off until a plot hook punches them in the face and turns them into questgiver NPCs?

>dirty and sweaty and muscular woman
You do know that's only attractive because of the implied bath that follows, right?

Personally I'd be inclined to assume bathing happens "off-screen" where not impossible due to the circumstances (excepting characters for whom being an unkempt savage is one of their character traits, of course.)

Just say to your DM, if (unclean.incivilization()) { cleanmyself(); }, deal with everyday problem in this manner

Those are actions skipped in favour of more interesting things to roleplay, user.
You need to have had soap to have used soap, even if you just handwave the actual cleaning away.

>You're a fucking homeless person. Its probably been so long since you've taken a good shower you probably can't even remember. You routinely slay monsters by the dozens and delve into the grimiest filthiest holes in the world looking for treasure or magic mcguffins. Then you enter the local tavern get covered head to toe in dirt, sweat, blood and who knows what else. You smell like death, your hair is unkempt, you have shit encrusted teeth and bad breath from eating nothing but trail mix and beef jerky for weeks, you're covered in scars, armed and clad in armor and you look obviously dangerous.
>Chances are nobody is gonna want to touch you with a 10 ft pole unless they're either freaks or trying to swindle you for money.

Yeah, but I have more gold than the neighboring three kingdoms combined, my armor is made from dragon scales, and I have the magical sword that will one day burn down the world. They'll get over my dirtiness pretty quick.

Fine, next time I'm making a character I'll remember to put soap in their inventory.

>no one ever tucks themselves into their bedroll every night
>no one ever practices with their weapons
>no one ever does morning stretches
>no one ever maintains their weapons
>no one ever puts on their armor
>no one ever gathers spell components
>no one ever takes a shit
>no one ever cooks their food before eating
>no one ever eats
>no one ever blinks their eyes
>no one ever breathes

All of these things are assumed if you have the associated thing, some of those things have explicit rules for when you can't assume them. If you don't have soap, then no it isn't assumed you're keeping yourself clean.

user have you considered that OP might have wanted to make an actual thread for discussion and there isn't a boogeyman behind every thread? You sound like a /pol/ack, please leave.

Yeah we're gonna need more like this. And maybe some sources

First off, I will admit both games are ERPs
Not much to say about most recent one, game's only just started, but the male PCs are a cute, young halfling druid, and my healslutty cleric (though he's actually melee focused this time instead of just for healing)

Last game it was just him, albeit mostly a useless healer (and I mean useless, rolled so badly he wasn't even good for that), was mostly there to be bullied by our [spouler]futa[/spoiler] tiefling barbarian, not much beyond that and teasing happened between the two of them in game there was some ERP on the side though, though quite a few things that happen at the DM's hands such as an early TPK lead to being prisoners of a pair futa orc amazons who had some fun with him and said tiefling before letting them go, having a consensual femdom thing with the local tavern owner, being coaxed into cross dressing/spending the last half of the campaign trapping it up, spending most of it locked in a chastity belt, and unintentionally agreeing to be fucked by a dog for a discount on a wand

Also seconding , post more like your pic

Thought I left that last line out of the spoiler tag

Sorry, no sources. I just download whatever I come across on Veeky Forums, /d/ and /a/

>It's pretty obvious that male adventurers tend to be the epitome of manliness

Have you ever played a roleplaying game?

> Would being an adventurer effectively exclude a woman from ever marrying anyone other than other adventurers?

Why would it?

Shit that description

Found the retard from /pol/

>it's a "retard hates women and then doesn't understand why they don't want to fuck him" episode
woah

If they'd fucking put out more often, we wouldn't have to hate them, would we now?

Why not "I want to fuck women I hate" thread? Having a PC who has a sexually tense relationship with a reoccurring nemesis is GOAT.

Generally, adventurers in my setting as viewed as basically being mercenaries. They view adventurers the way we view Executive Outcomes or other African mercenary groups. So some people might think they're kickass, but most people view them as being weirdos who should let the government handle it. Female adventurers are roughly the same- they're seen as being badass but weirdos who need to let the local town militia deal with the dragon and not take the law into their own hands.

if you can't tell, is it thinly veiled ?

They put out all the time.

Try being more likable.

Also try going out more often.

Probably the same way you see Instagram girls.

In a Standard Adventuring Setting adventurers are already semi-crazies with combat capability far beyond that of the average person. You don't fuck with these people. They'd rather go out and fight monsters for a living than do something safe and easy. I don't really see someone's sex coming into it.

More likely I see an entire industries springing up around catering to the needs of these adventurers that bring in precious metals and other useful materials from the dangerous wilds.

Adventurers of all types are gonna wanna do the same things in town. Repair their gear, restock on supplies, and blow huge wads of cash on entertainment and relaxing from their high stress job. Namely, booze and sex.

And in that case: money is money. Who cares who it comes from? It just means your local brothel owner not only has to hire beautiful titty monsters but fancy prettyboys too.

As for marriage. Adventurers probably marry other adventurers. They're the only people who truly understand what each others lives were like.

This is my experience as well. My female players set out intending for their characters to score eligible bachelors. It happens enough with the lesbians, too.

My guys-playing-as-females set out intending for their characters to do all sorts of things, but Manslayers is one of the more common types.

I purposefully make NPCs who will be recurring for plot purposes unavailable or irritating now.

My wife played a hulking half-orc barbarian two campaigns ago, targeted an elf bard NPC, and it was three hundred percent my fetish.