media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf

>Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread: >55662915

Which class should be a subclass? Which subclass would be better off as it's own class?

Arcana soon?

Battlemaster should have been it's own class. Or at least, 4 attacks needed to be strictly a Champion feature. As it is right now, all of battlemaster's manuevers are balanced against champion's "features", which is why they're so shit

In return, monk should've been a fighter class.

Their punches are fun, but walking over walls and jumping extreme distances don't mechanically make sense if you just want to play a brawler or a luchador or town drunkard.

I wish to confess a mild regret in my current game.

>PCs have, through circumstance, ended up starved for decent loot and are staring down the first dungeon of the campaign
>Decide to throw them a bone and figure out some nice weapons to give them
>Shrugged with the criminal fighter and gave him an adamantine/silvered rapier that lets him ignore resistances of enemies
>He's only freaking level 5

I think I fucked up.

Too late now. Worse: I need to figure out something equitible for the rest of the party.

Kind of tricky for the tiefling sorc since she's pretty independant of needing loot per-say.

That's because monk isn't a punching people class. It's a mystical kung fu ninja chi master class. Kind of like how the vast majority of musicians don't have the Bard class, and the vast majority of priests aren't Clerics.

Monks are meant to be wire-fighting Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style magical kung fu warriors.

Boxers, wrestlers, and the town drunk are basically fighters that should gain some kind of unarmed combat bonuses.

Not that punching zombies back to death makes any fucking sense to begin with, but hey, it's a fantasy world.

>he's only level 5
>allowed to ignore the damage immunity/resistance of enemies with his melee
are you fucking kidding me? Monks/Druids can do that shit at 6, why the fuck do you think you fucked up?
Did you think he wanted to do jackshit for the rest of the game? Do you have a fucking brain?

>sorc rewards
There's like a million fucking items that a player could use
give him a pearl of power, it's a free third level spell slot per day
or how about a broom of flying so he can fly

>OP Question
The easy answer is some classes might need work, but I don't think that kind of restructuring is what anything needs.

(I do have old homebrew notes where I got real into messing with a lot of class progression before realizing the benefit to the players is pretty much nothing and it was DM masturbation. Stuff like making archetypes essentially full classes, making Priest/Cleric/Paladin a gradually more weapon and armor oriented flavors of divine caster, and so on.)

No, just new to GMing for 5e.

Doesn't help I hadn't found any references to adamantine for gear so I just made up it bypassing resistances to match 3.5's hardness/Dr bypass.

All magic weapons bypass a creature's immunity/resistance to nonmagical weapons
There are a handful of enemies with resistance/immunity to even magical slashing damage but it's so rare it'll come off as a nice little bonus versus "OH GOD THE FIGHTER IS JUST SLAUGHTERING EVERYTHING"

>no /5eg/ anywhere in the post
>no post title
It's like you like encouraging people to make multiple /5eg/ threads.

How would you feel about a player swapping out the ability for casting spells on a class, assuming no multiclassing to take advantage of that fact? Like having an Eldritch Knight use Charisma over Intelligence.

Alright goys, I've asked this a few times but it's almost time to play so time to commit. Playing cursebringer hexblade warlock, should I start as fighter and then MC into warlock, or start as a warlock and take heavily armored? Stats are 18, 12, 15, 12, 13, 16 (insane rolls, I know) and race is variant human.
If I start as a fighter, I'm not sure what feat I should take to cap off my STR. I assume I'd take defense as my fighting style. It would also be more thematic, considering my backstory is a city guard getting corrupted in a search for power. However, starting as warlock is cleaner when it comes to my stats and doesn't delay cursebringer.
Thoughts?

I need a +1 to CHA on my Bard, and don't just want to get a +1/+1 ASI.
Performer or Silver-Tounged? They both fit the character pretty damn well.

Rather than what role they can be good at, which suits the character more? Are they chattier or more likely interested in putting on a show?

Mechanically it shouldn't make a big difference but flavourwise that'd make them a Sorcerous Knight. Maybe try replacing the spell list for EK with Sorcerer stuff.

Yeah, i figured altering spell lists might help. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any other big implications to worry about.

Maybe also make a short personal quest kind of thing about awakening to sorcery, too, if you're that kind of fag, or your players are. Flavourwise, and all, you know?

Read the book black man.

I can't stress this enough people, if you're gonna DM, you need to read the DMG. The whole thing if possible. People will often say the reading order for books should be PHB, MM, and then maybe DMG. If you are starting out as a dm, I would recommend reading the DMG first. Half or more of dumb shit like this wouldn't happen if you niggers read.

Yeah, that'd probably be a bit necessary, same with having a normal EK researching and studying spells beforehand as well.

That's what I mean by "they both fit the character" though, she's a dancer/singer so the performance side is there. She's also manipulative and intelligent, fitting Silver-Tounged.
I mostly just wonder which of the two bonus abilities would be more fun to play with. Distracting things or demoralizing things?