Warhamer 40k General /40kg/

How fucking long does it take to make a new thread Edition

>Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

What is that pic from?
I always see it here and I think it would fucking tad to have more dioramas of huge battles like that

First edition of Apocalypse if Im not mistaken.

Nice, thanks

Ripped manbun Primaris edition

Tearing apart my guard army now.
Anyone have the new points for heavy and special weapons?

Will vets get their Camo and carapace back?
Are sniper rifles still pointless?

Are chimeras still over 100 points as apposed 7th at 65?

Were I to try and build a Macharius Crusade army, what regiment and units would be the most fluffy?

What does everyone think of the Squats?

Has anyone built the Repulsor and have any tips for construction? I heard it has some pretty bad seamlines.

How do Chaosboyz come up with their titles? Do they just hope that the name "Babyflayer of Space Estonia" sticks and people spread it around?

Depends. Macharius Crusade has virtually every type of regiment. Macharius travelled around with an Inquisitorial retinue, a group of elite guards, and whatever regiment he damn well wanted to be with. What can be said is that Super Heavies are very much more available. (The main source for Macharius is from the PoV of a former Baneblade driver, who was part of a 200 strong regiment of Baneblades. And the loss of his was seen as annoying, but nothing beyond normal battle)

I recently purchased some of the RT era models for use as heavy weapon loaders and artillery crew. I think it's a fun use for them

he probably flays the babies of anybody that doesn't call him by the proper title, and has a couple slaves singing his name constantly wherever he goes, but in essence, yes. Hence Abaddon the armless.

>loss of his was seen as annoying
Macharius baited the enemy into attacking and destroying the battlegroup as a trap. The loss was deemed acceptable, although the fact that Macharius flanked the enemy with Space Marines and a fucking titan puts things in perspective.
That trilogy is one of the best IG novels I've read.

who's ready for 2++ crusaders and 6 wound ogryn bodyguards. Melee guard new meta.

Okay that makes sense.

I meant the reactions of the Techpriests, not how Machrius viewed it. Simply that they aren't the revered relics in macharius' time that they are in the current Cannon. But yeah, one of the best Greater Demons, awesome to see a Lord of hcange who isn't a bird, because why would a Cult leader be a fuckin bird.

I'll probably only run the psychic barrier version if the match warrants it.

Otherwise it's probably better to have the Psykers use offensive powers like Gaze of the Emperor or Terrifying Visions.

JESUS WE ALREADY HAVE A GENERAL WHAT THE FUCK OP SO GAY

What's the best elite infantry unit in the game? Absolutely or point for point?

Conscri-
>Twack!
I hear Scions are damn good point for point but you'll probably want something from Grey Knights, Deathwatch, or Custodes

It's not as funny when the b8 is that blatant.

Really hope Orks get a new unit. I know that vast majority of factions seem to not be getting new ones but I'll still have my fingers crossed.

What else have you dudes been listening to while you paint and the like? I've been plowing through the Eisenhorn audiobooks.

Sternguard are pretty solid with just their base loadout this edition.

How much you want to bet he made that himself

Like how Chaos Dwarves load the guns for Chaos in Total War Warhammer? Neato.

Anyone know how many special weapons an imperial guard infantry squad can take?

1 special 1 heavy

Thanks m8

so how badly would Veeky Forums lose their shit if the golden throne got unplugged, and emps was reborn as a girl?

Despite being shit from what I've heard I want to run a Defiler in my DG army anyways because they look so cool and they were awesome in DoW. What's the best loadout for them?

>youre qued to go up against guard guy in pic attached
wat do?

>power axes and mauls gone and no eviscerator or inferno pistol for the priest

I went out and bought myself some GSC stuff. Aside from Purestrains, which I've got enough of from Nid collection, what other things should I be investing in?

A plastic Warboss (with optional mega armor) is something I want, I've been thinking of using 2 Meganobz as warbosses in the meantime. Fluff them as extremely size sensitive, and being co-leaders to make up for it.

>first edition apocalypse
>has a trygon in it

What in the fuck

>put my equally unpainted heap of crap next to it
only autists care about paint

Get the stomper into combat as soon as possibe, or rather spit in his face and storm off because unpainted models and this is Veeky Forums

melee desu

Trygons used to be Forgeworld models before going plastic in 5th ed(?).

Wow I didn't even notice that. Fuck

Alpha Legion Rubrics are pretty neat to stealth.

Sodding split threads.

Superheated blades, but yeah, basically lightsaber stalkers. Glad you like them.
Got the idea from the Superheated Saturnite weapons in Fallout New Vegas when fighting Ghost People with the knife, but I decided to make the effect a little more dramatic on mine. Orange also works well on plasma coils, lenses and cables, so blue is being relegated to arc/rad weapons only and possibly the Neutron Laser, because I think massive spidertank artillery firing lances of Cherenkov radiation awesome even when it does clash a little with the red eye lenses.

>that conversion
DAMN that's sexy. Only thing that I wouldn't call perfect are the wings, but I wish I knew how to do that servo-skull search beam.

Secutarii are basically Vanguard +1 for more points, which was almost gamebreakingly incredible back when those were already some of the best infantry in 7e, but I imagine would be about right in 8e if the power gap isn't too huge. If shroud rounds allow -1Hit stacking then I can imagine everyone changing their screens to Peltasts wherever possible, though.
The Ordinatus is just nonsense at all times with the whole "AV 17/16/13, D weapons and Lance can go fuck themselves" thing , but I REALLY want to see what they do with the Emperor-titan level death beam it projects.

probably just play the game and decide if I want to play against him again based on how much fun I had.

Still haven't heard back from that retard who raged on about how points costs were universal for all armies, have we?

Fuegan and his zesty boys will definitely be making an appearance.

You mean Alpharius?

>my shitpost reaches a new thread
My god...is this what immortality feels like?

The actual model has them too.

wonder what the augur array and track guards will do

i mean comon user, i fully understand you wanting to play your new army early and all but that's like 300€ of assembled guard and i can see like 3 painted models

Bring out my Painted guard army using a baneblade and shadowsword to beat him.

Why not do what everyone else is doing and convert the Orruk Megaboss?

How worth it are bikes? I'm playing Ravenguard and I'm wondering if taking a few company vets on bikes, with a captain on bike, using meltaguns is worth it or not for mobile anti-tank.

Plasma is good on bikes - Vets with Storm Shields alongside your Captain gives a 3++ and rerolling the plasma 1s. Pretty meaty.

I don't play any codex armies with bikes but from an index point of view bikes tend to be widely overcosted for what youre getting (more speed and if you're lucky, a bit more armour).

Also an extra wound I think but still. Don't see how it would be worth it if you were using it as a ranged unit and not for getting stuck in melee.

With the Captain and Plasma Guns you get 6 S8 shots in Rapid Fire range. Give your Captain a melee weapon and bring along another Vet for close combat duties and you can take on most units pretty reliably. Cripple them with the shooting first and then charge in.

Also, 5 bikes gives you twenty Rapid Fire bolter shots for horde thinning.

Is a Bloat-Drone w/ Fleshmower or 4x plague drones squad better as melee unit? They both cost the exact same.

is it worth it to take a megaboss when they cost the same as two regular bosses with bigchoppa/kustomshoota/attack squig?

two bosses kill more MEQ and GEQ, have more wounds between the two of them, and can bubble their waaaghs more effectively. Megaboss is better against TEQ and things with toughness 5, 6 and 8 and has a better save. They take the same amount of space in transports too.

I originally had a couple megabosses and a megamek riding in my gorkanaut, but now i'm wondering if it'd be better to just load a bunch of stock bosses in there.

Well what do you need more of anti-TEQ/monster/vehicle or more anti-MEQ/GEQ in your list?

Would a missile launcher ever be better than taking a twin autocannon?

D6 shots has the potential to do more hits than 4, but autocannons hit so much harder than frag missiles, while krak missiles do have higher strength AP and damage than autocannons, but it's only 8 vs 7 strength, -2 vs -1 AP, D6 vs 2 damage, and you get three more shots of autocannon.

The only other thing the missile launcher has going for it besides the superior strength of krak missiles is that it's like 8 points cheaper.

Looted Wagons when

I feel like I have a fair amount of both- list is a bunch of boyz and a bunch of dreads/kanz/gorkanaut. Im probably good on GEQ&MEQ, but the extra survivability is tempting. But i also dont have stock warboss models, only megabosses. im torn, user

Guess it's time to retire this model for good.

where do you guys go to get your 40k books besides /40kg/? The place I used to go no longer exists and I've been looking for some books and having no luck

Would it be okay to give the Salamander's Mantle to a Chaplain Deadnought?

The only stipulations for giving out relics is that they have the character keyword and aren't a named character. I was thinking of giving my chaplain Dread the Salamander's Mantle for that sweet toughness 8

Why are drop pod armies so shit now? Was deep striking that powerful?

Yes, the ability to jam melta guns straight up the opponent's asshole before he could respond and with none of the normal Deep Strike limitations was too strong.

I want to run a Nurgle/Deathguard Army with a lot of Plague Marines. How would I do that?
3x7 + Typhus, Plaguecaster, Zombies and Drones/Haulers?

Spread out your dudes so that the enemy can't drop close to your valuable assets. Shouldn't be too hard.

So when i am disembarking from a drop pod do i do it from the doors or from the center piece?

>HWTs are still relatively cheap
Phew.

As soon as you build your own.

Welcome to being an ork player.

>still no carapace armor or camo for vets

Age of carapace guard is over. Enjoy wasting all that time converting that shit. Again.

Also, god fucking damn it, vets are still 10 strong. That means, now that Harker isn't an upgrade but his own model, I have to convert another veteran to fill in the unit. Or I'll just field his model as a bolter sergeant.

As a Tyranid player I can take a detachment of strictly Imperial Guard units because of the ways Genestealers Cult rules work, correct?

Only if you have a GSC detachment as well.

Can there be IG units in a Genestealer Cult detachment?

No. You can bring one guard detachment alongside a GSC detachment.

Riddle me this Marine Fags:

Should I take 5 man Intercessor squads or 10 man squads???

(my primary opponents are Nids, Eldari, and Grey Knights)

Never. GW sucks now.

so did conscripts actually get nerfed at all? or did the rest of the codex just get so buffed that conscripts are irrelevant?

Capped at 30 models per unit, only take orders on 4+

There are just as good at being roadblocks/tarpits, and in addition received regimental doctrines. On net they are actually better.

Re posting this here. I'm playing against orks on wed. I'm nervous about fighting 90 Boys, and whatever bikers or Mork/Gorkanaught can be fit in i imagine. How does the list look?

And more importantly, you need more commissars. Or at the very least stretch out the couple that would already be there.

It should be fine, though if you wanted to you could drop the ranger squad down to a 5 man squad with two snipers, which would give you enough points to bring another enginseer and move all of your heavy support to a spearhead detachment so you can get an extra command point.

Ok thank you for the clarification. I've been playing Nids for a bit and I may want to get in on that sweet sweet Leman Russ buffs

They meant rules.

I unfortunate don't have another engiseer model. Otherwise that's a good idea.

Depending on how anal your store is you could just proxy a skitarii model as an enginseer.

Does anyone have any Tau books from BL in a Mega? Or new BL books in general? I keep asking but no one ever answers me one way or the other.

Could anyone give me some advice on this list? Somewaht pecifically on the Vet wargear?

My plan is for them to take the Razorback up to some forward objectives, while the devs hang out in the back (or midfield in the case of the HB squad) and hold shit down. I wanted to capitalize on 5pts Storm Shields so they'd be ded 'ard. But what should I take so they can somewhat effectively deal with vehicles or gaggles (I know they won't be able to anti-horde unless they all take Flamers or Storm Bolters, and then they'll suck against anything with meat.

If I ditch them, I can take 2 Venerable Dreads, but I already bought the Razorback...

Are half elder a thing? I am looking to spice my Primaris Psycer up a little and was thinking of giving her some elf bits to stand out a little more...

The entire point of Orkz is to stratchbuild your own stuff. Buying a model of a Gargant or a looted tank or even a trukk is kind of sad as an Ork player.

I miss when the hobby had creativity and wasn't cookie-cutter.

no

used to be a thing in ye old days of the lore. Hasnt been for long time though.

So no.
Could still stick some eldar bits on as war trophies.

>Primaris Psyker
>her
DOOD