Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1779 Runnin' Down A Dream Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1589/Bartender
readlightnovel.org/cultivation-chat-group
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That was unusually fast.

>That was unusually fast.
That's what she said.

Jumpers, tell me about your housefu

What is your preferred method for long-distance communication?

Real Eater seems to be able to do anything huh, thank you.

Hmm I do not know much of that setting but I guess I need to read carefully, thank you.

Have some strength.

How big of a boom can Lyrical Nanoha magic make?

picture related
Is that a thing?

I mean, to be fair, if a perk doesn't state limits, people should hardly be expected to fanwank "reasonable" limits of their own from just the jump-doc. Perks are very often improved or limited next to their canon basis, so often not even being familiar with the source material will help. If you want people to know that your fire immunity perk only protects from temperatures less than 7134 degrees C, then you should probably write it in the perk. Likewise, if getting into a fight with someone who can harm souls counts as "consent" to harm your souls, nobody else would have known that. Readers aren't telepaths any more than jumpmakers are lawyers.

To whoever mentioned Restaurant to Another World: thank you.

That is easily the most fun, relaxing anime I've seen in a while. No contrived plot, no attempt at 2deep4u, no stupid edgy shit, just fun little episodes in a bottle. I usually love long complicated arcs, but this just hit the spot. So again, thanks.

What is a housefu?

Actually, Real Eater can't change the "source" of a power. Sorry senpai.

I go with the classics. Quantum-entangled electrons that are somehow capable of violating the no-cloning principle of quantum physics, thereby allowing for instantaneous transmission of information by varying their spin.

>I mean, to be fair, if a perk doesn't state limits, people should hardly be expected to fanwank "reasonable" limits of their own from just the jump-doc.
>ACKSHULLY. . .
No, faggot, they should be able to use some common sense. Its stupid autistic shit like you're spouting that requires overdone legalese for every perk description.

Either a house you want to fuck or your favorite property

Ah, oh well. You tried to help me, thanks anyway kohai.

Jump # 221 Emoji Movie
Race: I’m an Emoji (Sigh)
Background: Hacker
Perks:
*Living in the jailbreak app (0)
*Stop the Reset (100, Discount)
*We have to get to the drop box (200, Discount)
*I never wanted to be a princess emoji (300, Discount)
*Tolerance for Annoyance (100)
Companions
*More Friends X 8 (300)

(I don’t really know anything here and that’s probably for the best)

So… this was a thing. It truly made me miss my time in the last world just being a wife. Here I was a princess Emoji… which is a truly stupid purpose. It was a stupid world and I tried really hard not to hate this place but it was stupid.

So when I heard someone trying to escape this world I made sure that my friends and I tagged along. We evaded antivirus bots. It helps when you are a technopath and can turn them on eachother. We managed to avoid getting erased by going through a bunch of apps and somehow save the contents of the phone from being erased. I was in position to make a fake reboot of the phone to overlay it but as it happens that was unnecessary.

While everyone was distracted celebrating not being erased, my companions and I slipped out through the cloud. A few of my companions wanted to erase textopolis just for how dumb it was but I choose not to. We spent a lot of time in my pocket dimension and just waited out the rest of the jump. I think this was a punishment for something by the benefactor. I am not sure what but I must say I am sorry.

Do not fuck a house

And we lost another one.

Frankie Laine theme song option pls.

Would it be wrong to unleash Haruhi/jumper hybrids the old fashion way upon the multiverse?

I understand what you mean a bit, but overwanking a single perk in the generic alien invasion jump and saying it can allow you as a base human, to scalp kryptonians and fight TYPES, thats pretty fucked up, because thats you purposely going out of your way to stretch the strength of the perk to its limit and claim it's the jumpmakers fault for assuming you'd have common sense.

I've been riding the chain so long you'll have to remind me, the old fashioned way is releasing a retroviral plague that turns people into hybrids of other people right?

What's the worst property you want to get a jump?

Owari no Seraph. Everything else can go hang, I just want Shinoa to smug at things

>bancho
Opinion discarded. Tits are life, ass is hometown.

Nope sounds perfectly reasonable... though surviving doing it the old fashioned way would probably take an advanced jumper.

Nanoha can personally take out cities, IIRC, even when she's 9.

The system in general seems to max out at some level of ridiculously high, because the Book of Darkness is apparently a "Fuck your planet" threat, to the point that they consider putting a 100 KM... radius or diameter, can't remember- hole into the chunk of the planet to be an acceptable cost for taking it out. So... big. The Jewel Seeds, on the other hand, were apparently going to cause dimensional damage a long distance away.

That being said, I haven't watched the show in a while and need a rewatch, so take my words with a grain of salt.

>Abberant
>Dante's Inferno
>Fantastic Four (2005)

I like them unironically.

1.despite the fact that my jumper has spec'd into fucking everything and wants to fuck everything There is only one thing he can actually fuck and she is not a house, so he doesn't really have one.
2.favorite property is not house, it's Mars from invader Zim,Which he only gets to go to In FTL Jumps,he's got it Terra-formed pretty nice and covered in a variety of Forest gardens, game preserves, libraries, museums, etc. it's is vacation spot/throne world/Mobile center of his civilizations Culture.
You can't have a life if you're not born and if you're born you have a hometown! Hometown comes first!

>Owari No Seraph
I heard that’s about post-apocalyptic vampires running human farms. Is that true?

I think Your thinking of last blood

Mount Doom. Its a massive magical energy generator, has lots of magitech and a massive library and portal room.

>Col
>no rank insignia
yeah nah

Would you consider removing the restriction on buying boss levels, even if you still don't get any bosses and such to populate them? I'd really like to have a Kastle Kaos of my own to use as a base. Crocodile Rock is nice but it's a bit overdone for my style.

How do you fluff your 'entry' into jumps?

If you're a drop-in, how do you enter the universe? Do you walk through a door, fall out of the sky? Just appear somewhere?

In the other case, do you slowly regain your memories, or is it a more instant 'suddenly remembers everything' type of deal? Does that flood ever inconvenience you?

Kind of an SB-level mistake, isn't it.

Last thread I asked if there were any good perks to build tech out of miscellaneous supplies thanks, user who replied.. Now I ask, Jumpers, how have you MacGyvered yourself out of situations and what odd creations have you made from basic household items?

Check out the Bartender. It's right along the same lines and really comfy.

The series is about fujoshonen bs. That is in the setting though

Memories are regained all of a sudden at jump start. Pretty big life changer there, especially since I generally skip out on any friends or family the background has.

I dunno, complain to the artist. That's what it's labeled as.

I'm more surprised by the fact that the Goddess-queen of a nation has that rank in the first place.

For drop in I literally fall out of the sky sometimes, other times just appear on the ground or wake up as the case may be. Otherwise memories... I guess it's more like I wake up and I have two sets of memories? Like they'd always been there, but for some reason just met each other for the first time.

The Goddess has whatever rank she wants. Seriously, if your political and religious absolute ruler wanted to be a colonel, you'd damn well let her be a colonel.

How would you describe your current jump in one sentence?

Pork > Beef > Chicken > Fish

Why does this ranking hold true even across the infinity of the chain?

Ass

Why won't these frogs stop signing?

Fair enough.

Is that all its called: The Bartender? If its in the same ballpark, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Jumps with angel waifus aside from Heavens Lost Property and NGNL?

Panty and Stocking if you like sluts.

What's this from?

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

Finally finished and in transit to a new world.

Dragonz Ball Pee

High School DxD. Waifu Gabriel.

It's actually just called Bartender. But it's totally comfy and calm. Plus the episode always ends by watching a professional bartender make the real drink featured in each episode.
myanimelist.net/anime/1589/Bartender

Fall asleep in one world, wake up as someone else in another.

She's breaking mage barriers which cover a couple of kilometers in one shot as a nine year old because she didn't bother to work out the spell theory and it went off a bit bigger then she expected and survives the ensuing explosion with only mild exhaustion. Basically she can drop out a couple of gigatons but its the kind of thing she'll want to take a nap after.

These are nonlethal spells.

It's a sorta coup sorta thing? Colonels are the perfect balance of "high ranking enough to get troops to follow him" and "low ranking enough not to be watched by the leader"

My interpretation is that backgrounds I buy are literally the life of the alternate multiverse version of me that lives there, and that I merge with them at the start of Jump Time, absorbing them into my metaself. Usually done subtly, such that only the me who I just merged with is aware.

Since the warehouse is my between-jumps hub where I do my choosing and prep, Drop-ins just exit the warehouse through a semi-random door appropriate to my start location.

... She is the leader though? She's literally the monarch of her nation (thought admittedly there's a bit of weirdness in the fact that the Shift Periods are a thing). I mean, admittedly, she might decide to overthrow herself for the giggles, but... yeah, I dunno. I'm going with for my explanation. She decided "I wanna be a Colonel!" and everyone else just shrugged and said, "Sure, why not?"

What Xianxia jumps do we have so far?

What Xianxia settings would make for good jumps?

>What Xianxia jumps do we have so far?
Generic Xianxia
Coiling Dragon
Desolate Era
World Seed?
World of Cultivation

>What Xianxia settings would make for good jumps?

I Shall Seal The Heavens
Stellar Transformations.

Shift Periods being?

Tales of demons and gods, world of cultivation, desolate era, generic xianxia, and part 1 of coiling dragon I think.

>Tales of demons and gods
I knew I forgot something.

>Drop-In
Just appear somewhere. Usually out of the way and unobserved. If I bought a property, I'll probably appear in/around it if at all possible.
>other case
>eating cereal
>fukken love cheerios
>still gotta finish that report
>I'm an interdimensional traveler
>fuck that report

>What Xianxia settings would make for good jumps?

Cultivation Chat Group.

Oh, so as of V-2, Apparently once in a while, Goddesses in the Second Hyperdimension can lose their divinity and have the universe retroactively twist so there was someone else in charge of the place all along. Only I'm not actually sure it's a /real/ thing, because the "new" goddesses seem to be forcing it with a quartet of towers, and the actual Goddesses end up cutting a world-spanning illusion in half until everyone remembers who they are.

... V-2 lore was weird.

The Hunger Games, just so I can take over the world, tell everyone to stop being so stupid, and get a Hunger Games style arena that follows me between jumps.

>I mean, admittedly, she might decide to overthrow herself for the giggles
Come on, Neptune’s not irresponsible enough to do tha-ahahahahaha!

Another comfy anime is Kino no Tabi, which is about the stories about a girl, her talking motorcycle and the strange countries she visits, it's visuals are kind of dated, but somehow it got a new season for this October.

>Cultivation Chat Group.
Link?

108 maidens of destiny litteraly xianxia-ish Sekirei but I'm not sure if it counts as Xianxia though

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...until it's too late."

Someone started working on that jump and disappeared.

To add to what said:
The Book of Darkness/Reinforce (Original) used Starlight Breaker (Nanoha's) - This was essentially a city nuke. She used it as an anti-personnel attack on Nanoha and Fate. Both defended against it sufficiently to save two civilians.

>Abberant
I like Aberrant. Even with its Quantum Bullshit and White Wolf's typical Grimderp setting add-ons, it was fascinating.

>Tales of demons and gods
Why does that jump say you can only practice one law when the MC uses 3?

First, a quick note: All imperatives are accompanied by a crown of viridian flames.

"Tell me your wish, Mortal."

Last thread someone mentioned that Territory Creation would produce materials to augment Caster's magecraft, and multiple people seem to think that the purpose of it is just magnifying and cheapening the effects of magecraft; this is a misunderstanding. Territory Creation can and has been shown to create other kinds of territories with other effects, including flying castles.

So did anyone actually take Imagine Breaker in Railgun?

Sure, why not. readlightnovel.org/cultivation-chat-group

I did, I'm just very careful about punching people with it, don't want to end up with a harem.

I rolled. It came up with the "well, shit. Don't go gambling in future jumps" power.
Then I had to Xanatos Gambit my ass off against Crowley and every other plotting bastard in and outside of reality for a decade. That was fun.

I wish there was more of this for every cpu.

ASA / Battler did, back in the day.

I haven't had a chain roll it yet.

Origins experience an awakening. They come to realize just what they are, but they have less than a minute to deal with it. I've gotten very good at calming myself down because of it.

Drop-Ins walk out of the warehouse. It can be in a random empty room or a doorframe in the middle of nowhere. I popped out of a car once, along with my companions. Thankfully the circus was in town.

>Zootopia
Cool, chilling.

Can it do both? Or do you just pick a set effect and roll with it?

I've had it in previous chains. Actually, at one point, I had Imagine Breaker, Anti-Magic from Generic Magical Girl, The anti-magic perk from the old version of the Sailor Moon jump, and Stars and Stones from Dresden Files. You basically weren't going to magic me.

>I popped out of a car once
That could range from curious to "how the hell?!" depending on how many companions you've got and how large the car is.
Bonus points if you looked like the Men in Black though. Because sparking conspiracy theorists into paranoid overdrive is one of my hobbies.

Is there a way to temporarily merge two different warehouse attachments together?

Can someone post the katanagatari jump?

It can create a territory. Said territory has specific abilities like multiplying the effect of your magecraft within, but just like it can only do so much, it can only do so many things; you can't make something that can fly, summon an army to defend it with, extend your range, and make your magic blasts A ranked all at once. I mean, you could do literally all that if you had EX Territory Creation, because all those things are what the Hanging Gardens that Samiramis makes does.

>Fantastic Four (2005)
Never understood the hate. It was an alright movie. That abortion of a reboot was infinitely worse.

>Stars and Stones
"Hell's Bells, kid. Can't you get anything right? It's 'Empty Night.' Now, get in the circle."

While I don't doubt that TC is capable of more than just reducing your prana costs and increasing your spells' effects, considering what fucking Kayneth (who while skilled is ultimately limited by his era's magecraft) could do to a mundane hotel, the only flying castle in Fate/ that I know of was more a product of Semiramis' NP.