Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever tamed a wild animal?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. The Party's wild child elf whose now his, in her words, mate. He's not too keen on it.

The gestalt Half-Elf Ranger/Druid of Lurue in my game used animal empathy and ham to tame a couple of wolves. He switched to another character before I could do something plot related with the wolves.

Is there any 1PP class that gets stalwart as a bonus feat before level 4/5?

Is there any good way to actually take advantage of cha to hit/damage with starknives? They're shit weapons.

Not from what I can tell searching on Nethys, sorry.

It's Halloween soon, anons. I'd love to run a one-shot campaign that's spooky and/or absolutely deadly. We've done Tomb of Horrors before and my party enjoyed it immensely. Ideally, this session would involve being stuck alone somewhere as they get picked off one by one.

I'm brewing up a "Cabin in the Woods" type setting but I feel like I'm over planning/not balancing well because I expect them to die.

tl;dr: what's your spookiest one shot? How can I slowly kill my players without making it bullshit?

Find a copy of Heroes of Horror, and use the spooky effects table.

An old favorite from the Ravenloft DM's guide:
>The party stumbles on a ruined tower with the remains of a merchant caravan inside
>Some loot, but mostly a book, and it's officially too dark to keep going
>Fortify campsite, etc.
>Find a journal in the loot
>LE SCHEHERAZADE SESSION
>You are X daring merchants/bodyguards taking shelter in an abandoned tower
>Something is outside and hunting you
>Less about mechanical bits and more about figuring out what the rules are on the supernatural menace trying to kill you
>Last entry when the last of the merchants is about to die
>...The party hears a sound associated with the thing that killed all the merchants

Playing the merchants well gets you more information on the creature/haint/menace/whatever, and it works out to a spooky soft TPK session.

What's a good bloodline for a spellscale monk/sorcerer gestalt? Or would Empyreal be better?

I really hate one of my party members

Try a little harder if you want to false-flag. Just come out and tell who it actually is.

Not him but you do know people post here about games other than the ones from the Discords right?

If someone actually wanted to complain about a fellow player, they'd take it to a That Guy or Bad Player thread.

Posting something like the above bait in /pfg/ has become a standard over the past few months.

I've complained about my IRL players a bunch of times in these threads, get out of your bubble.

Truly, we have become Veeky Forums's dumping ground.

Circumsized mediocrity is screwing my wife!

...Are you in the wrong thread?
Or the wrong board?

>CD 25 perception.jpg

Speaking of animals, what does /PFG/ think of the beast i created for my players to hunt?

>animal
>14 INT

Needs to be a magical beast.

It has a spell that can no-save blind the entire party unless they're all good aligned (in which case why are they hunting a holy beast?).
The fuck are you thinking?

>(in which case why are they hunting a holy beast?)
Not that user, but I get the point here. It was pretty common in myths for gods of hunting or wilderness to provide high end, nigh celestial animals for hunters to prove their worth against.

That said, if it's half-celestial it's NOT an animal - it's an outsider. And even Empyreal Lords and Archfiends don't get no save blinds, regardless of what conditional attachments they have.

A DOTHRRRAKI BOOOAR NED

GODS I WAS STRONG THEN

The Holy Word spell was the result of the template given to it. All things considered it is a bit much and was a glaring oversight to be sure

looking it over, having it be able to fly is fucking stupid too.

wow

Trying to make it into a decent map, how am i doing so far?

Why not just print that map out onto the graph paper?

Looking good so far, man.

Because the picture isn't top-down. Would give a skewed perspective.

What does /pfg/ think about the balancing of Drop Dead Studios' Artisan class?
I don't know anything about class balancing, but I think it looks pretty cool. If you're a GM that would accept splats, would you accept this? Tier list in pastebin seems to put them pretty high up.
>link related
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan/

So, the trick with the Artisan is that it's top shelf WBL-mancy. Playing an Artisan lets you absolutely destroy recommended gear level - making iron golems by level 7, for instance, if you do it right.

It takes a large amount of power out of the GM's hands by giving you control over what magical trinkets the party has access to. for some GMs, that can be a serious problem. for others, it's one less thing to worry about.

Final answer? Depends o the GM's running style. It's definitely not suitable for every game, but for the GMs that can handle it, it's reasonably well balanced due to the fact that it has very limited combat ability.

Half-celestial would make it a native outsider.

There was one module where the players have to solve a mystery as every other person near them gets picked off one by one and another where they are chased by an enemy with the movie slasher template (meaning 10ft movement, can never die as long as somebody somewhere has dreams of him and teleports behind you when you aren't looking, though it is very personel, kid).

You could also convert Carnival of Tears to Pathfinder. Shouldn't be hard since outside of class levels everything has been ported over to PF at some point.

YOUR MOTHER WAS A BOAR WITH A FAT ASS

It can fabricate at no cost, make gear at substantial discounts, and get shitstomped in battle. It's highly specialized, which is cause for some concern.

A CR 11 that can't fly and has a ranged attack that shitty is basically a non-encounter if the players fly.
If your players don't fly, then do whatever.

It's the 3.5 Artificer given a fresh coat of paint for PF. The artificer was very solidly tier 1. So is this.
Think of it as basically being a wizard that has to prepare his spells a week in advance but can keep preparing spells as long as he has money. If you don't trust this player to run a wizzyman, don't let them run this. If you do trust them to run a whizlord, sure whatever they're chill.

>very limited combat ability
A good artisan will be carrying a brace of the best wands and/or staves in the game, and liberally using them. With their CL and casting mod instead of the wand's. They're game-breakingly good unless you jew everyone on the treasure or permit zero downtime.

So when you cast a touch spell, can you move and then deliver the touch attack?

You can start a touch spell away from somebody, move and then deliver, yes.

and magus' can deliver touch spells through their melee weapon as a normal part of delivering a touch spell, correct?

Yes

>skim through a copy of the SoM playtest
>notice that there's a feat to put tattoos on your body so you can treat all your unarmed strikes as a single weapon you can add enhancements to

I wonder if I could reasonably justify weapon mods from AA2 in addition to magical enhancements.

>my tattoos let me treat my body as a sword

Emiya pls
there's a Tradition in the SoP Mind Handbook that lets you do that anyway

As much as it hurts because I know I probably will never get to use it, it's a big boon to a stupid gimmick midop build I've been tinkering with, which I will likely never use. It involves old Lore Warden, 1-handed blades, and grabbing style.

Well they aren't at the moment but I'll keep it in mind

>If you're a GM that would accept splats, would you accept this?
No. I banned magic item crafting because the players thought they should just get all their gear half-priced without any downsides, and whined about not having unlimited time to craft with. I definitely wouldn't allow a class based entirely around crafting.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What would you do if your character was granted a single wish?

Run the fuck away, because a free Wish for ANY reason is sketchy as fuck, and not to be trusted.

Probably a stat increase.

I wish for a box that contains what I've always wanted

some capable party members

Wish for the eternal friendship of a wish granting genie through any form of contrived circumstance that would leave the genie in a dept of gratitude to the guy. Preferably a nice genie who makes a good drinking buddy, but that would just be a cherry on top.

My characters probably are either too simple to desire anything complex, or they know how these stories tend to go. So they'd all probably just wish for better gear or a stat increase.

Is this a wish or a Wish?

It's a fish.

That's what we call the party member she she has a crush on, so this works out just fine.

So you wish for a fish? Have at it then, fucker.

This is a bit of a long shot, but has anyone here played as/with the malefactor 3pp class? it seems almost absurdly disruptive, so of course one of my players wants to try it. just want to know what i'm in for if i allow him to play it.

Mipha is NOT for fuckers!

Any news on Avowed, or DSP's Discipline Errata for PoW?

But she is a fucker herself. Of course she is for fuckers.

I mean, I just wanted something nice for dinner, but getting married is fine too, I guess.

Alright, thanks guys. Next time I'm in a PF campaign I might try my luck at being able to play one.

Anyone know a link to inner sea temples?

The trove.

New here, at which point in the month is the trove usually updated with new stuff? Thanks

Hello Paizo

yes, op pic related
npcs often express shock at how much more scarred my hunter is than the rest of the party

Man, why did BotW have to have such strong waifu game?

In a single-city intrigue campaign, what laws are important to limit and restrict the PCs from abusing the system to their extreme benefit? I don't want to bog them down too hard but operating outside of the law should hold an obvious appeal. I've already gone about requiring licenses to cast spells and use magic items. I need at least one more concept to sate my formatting autism.

Personally, I think they missed a few opportunities.

!! Caught the Plague !!

I blame the fact that the mindless Calamity Ganon probably doesn't have the tastes of his former lifetimes
I also blame TP and SS for making that ff.net tier incarnation bullshit actually canon, as well as permanently fucking over the timeline

Hey guys!
If I understand everything correctly - Paladin's Divine Bond to weapon is useless if said weapon has +10 bonus?

1. Every murder of anybody important is investigated twice thrice and with divination
2. Bribes are tracked with scrutiny and always go up as the game goes on
3. People will slap you in the face if you start detecting evil during a meeting
4. If you are ever caught doing anything, even loitering, the entire city will know in a day and it will have consequences

Yes

>roll for hp
why do people do this?

Because some people like to take risks and don't give a shit if they aren't the most optimal because playing a broken character is boring gameplay wise or if their character dies because they know the risks of playing any game?

>oh boy I sure do love playing my level 12 fighter who rolled all 2's and 3's for hp!

So what you are saying is that people aren't allowed to enjoy things because it's not the same thing you enjoy?

Grognards who think that because that's how it always used to be that's how it always should be.

>being this far up your own ass

woah dude, you must've gotten a great deal on that projector.

Yeap, two random guys from the internet came a bought it. Said something about arguing on the internet and wanting to feel like they'd win every time

most of the group is mid 20's. the weird thing is they use point buy as well.
well enjoy your wizard having more hp than barbarians

>.00002 chance of occurring
Yeah, naw, more plausible example pls.

So why do you assume that when I defend one style of playing I not only condemn the other, but also? Aren't you being a redditor right now, with you yelling badwrongfun?

your bait is shit

who's even baiting who anymore?

Ah, I see, you came here assuming an echo chamber, which you'd probably normally get, instead of finding somebody who'd argue back so you assume that it's bait so that you can dismiss it.

That's nothing. I played with a guy once who rolled 7s for his hp from level 1 to the mid-teens. At that point, the GM just said "Okay, y'know what? Just take 7 hp per level."

I'd like some help with balancing a mechanic I'm making. Basically, I want to give some of my PCs special abilities they can activate by spending points that they build up by taking damage from enemies. It's a sort of "vengeance magic" mechanic, you could say. All of the abilities scale up if you put more points into them (probably not 1-to-1 but more like 3 points for X version or 5 points for Y better version or 8 for Z best version), but some of them have a shitty 0-cost version which would be an at-will ability.

The thing is, I'm not sure exactly how to hand out the points. I've considered taking 1 attack equals gaining 1 point, or making it based on the damage taken. I want it to be reasonably possible to build enough points up during a fight to get at the expensive versions of an ability, but fights don't usually last long and someone can only take so many hits before they drop. I've considered having point gain happen whenever you OR an ally take damage, which would help but I don't know if it would fix everything. It seems like making the point pool function on a 1-to-1 basis with damage taken might be best, because then I can use a character's max HP as a sort of measuring stick for how many "vengeance points" they can reasonably build up in one fight.

Give them points based on their health percentage.

Make it a hp% thing, players divide their HP into X amount of chunks and every time they're hit with enough damage to pass a chunk they get a point.

Say, I'm curious /pfg/
I know one user posted his UC Sphere magus yesterday or so, and that we supposedly have more anons working on a few other.

So I'm curious, how about the other 1-2 anons post theirs as well? I'd love to see what thier design philosophies are in contrast to the other homebrewer

Quick question Veeky Forums

playing pathfinder adventures, just going through the tutorial. What's the difference between burying and banishing a card? I know it was explained, but I can't remember

Yo I wanna fuck that angel.

A buried card is discarded, but can be returned to your hand/play by way of certain cards' abilities. A banished card is taken out of play permanently for the round and cannot be returned.

burying a card means the card is in its own separate pile. Banishing means it completely removed from the game.

thanks user

girls with wings is top tier fetish