When was the last time your character actually took the time mourn the dead, or pay them respect?

when was the last time your character actually took the time mourn the dead, or pay them respect?
was it a lost comrade, an innocent victim, family or maybe even their defeated enemies?

Our entire king maker city was razed by an anti mage faction while we were stuck on the other side of the continent due to drow teleportation shenanigans. We returned to find ruins and bury the dead.

Unknown to the rest of the party my alchemist left behind a doppelganger simulacrum whos been working with the kobolds and lizard folk we'd befriended to rebuild the city including a huge monument and forested grave yard to remember the dead while the party goes for vengeance.

It's a good practise to mourn for every one of your victims. It helps one to clean one's soul and move on for the next one.

Fuck off, I play to get away from that stuff. I have enough dead to mourn in real life.

>playing for escapism and not for new perspectives
>telling others to fuck off

After they found out that the bond with their adventuring companions wasn't strong enough to overlook vampirism. Two shallow graves later and a tragic backstory was done.

>Not doing something that would require a massive tone shift for most campaigns is badwrong
Kill yourself

My Paladin chooses to avenge them, and move on to bring swift vengeance.

OldTown LARP. My brother (my previous character) got assasinated, then dug up from the grave and beheaded for a reward on a townsguardman head. I didn't even know how to feel about this.

We usually mourn our lost comrades. Lately we've had a near TPK where only one of us walked out alive, and when he found new heroes to gang up with, he was a much different person.

>mourning the dead
>paying them respect
>playing a vampire/lich
Mourning the death of a child is fair and good, but if they're over the age of consent and haven't achieved at least rudimentary immortality/undeath, then they wasted their life.
>no lolipires need apply --> Back to /trash/ with you
>but what about the farmers with not education blah blah blah
Some people just get crap lives. It's a fact of life. Still a farmer at age 16+? Kill yourself and reroll reincarnation until Wizard.

Well hes a funeral home director.... Surprisingly (or not) he does not do much mourning. He does do it when it involves kids or people who life just kind of shat on

One of my players in a Force and Destiny campaign took the time in game to bury the remains of a long dead jedi, and took the time out of game to write her a eulogy. The whole thing was touching, if a bit weird because the holocron the group possesses is programmed with that jedi's personality, letting her watch her own funeral in a way.

Had a slayer in a 4th ed game who was a hired caravan guard. He would get drunk and fight. It was rare for him not to at least be buzzed, but he was good at what he did. He was a friendly not irish drunk but There was one day out of the year when he wouldn't drink. That day was the day his wife and kid died. They were killed by bandits while he was off on the job

My character consumes corpses to gain their power. Does that count?

I now want to play a lich who tries to convert peasants to intelligent undead to help them with their lot in life.

>HEY GUYS DOES YOUR CHARACTER EVER [random bullshit]
>anime.jpg uploaded

Every fucking day

The last time my monk character paid respect to the dead was when he beat the life from one of his closest allies on a hunch they were a doppelganger.
Turns out he was right, but still, after realising the creature had actually done some good for the group, besides attacking and replacing one of their number and deceiving them, and being informed they're not all inherently evil, it didn't sit entirely well with him.
So he wrapped the corpse in a shroud, deposited gold pieces on the body to pay someone for a proper burial if they found it, gave a quick prayer and rode off, no time to waste when adventure awaits!
Even if it wasn't their true face, he still remembers the beautiful and genuine smile the Doppelganger gave him when he said a sincere thank you for their help.

My character is a paladin of a LN god of the dead. Each sapient creature he kills he has to dig a grave for. This has annoyed other players but fuck if I'm gonna compromise my religious beliefs.

Each creature, no matter how evil, is equal in death. They are to be treated with respect.

A level 220 Sarcosuchus killed my level 40 Argentavis as I was taking it down the east coast of the island on a raft, as I was transporting more materials than the Argentavis could carry. Munched it down before I could hop off of the raft and fly away.

I learned the engram for a Gravestone and made one. It wasn't an amazing bird, but it was my bird.

Why are undead players so insufferable?

Recently, I've had a paladin telling an actual angel to shut up and wait until she takes care of the corpses of her men who died in battle with cultists before the angel showed up.

I'm playing a chaotic evil Orc cleric. The last dead people we saw were some pirates I had rounded up so I could ritually sacrifice them to cast Divination cheaper.

Just tied them up, lined them up, and went down the line chanting and reading the signs in their entrails, then we just left them there.

You'll cause an economic disaster if you try to drive everyone away from low end jobs though. Who will farm your crops if your peasants spend all their free time reading Marx?

Who needs to farm if we're all undead?
>if vampires, need living humans
>living humans need food
Vampires ruin it for everyone. Dang it, math checks out. Lich Bros, assist these bloodsuckers to the afterlife for punk-ass bitches.
>spending all of eternity reading Marx
Why do you assume an undead revolution would be Marxist?

We have transcended all mortal suffering. What's your excuse?
Besides, if you can't handle the burns, get out of the kitchen and into a grave.

My party just kicked half eaten party member out of road.

If we all make it there together, who gives a shit about food?

Vampirism is a curse, not apotheosis. Let them starve out like the living they feed on or else actually gain a useful form of immortality.

I see you are a man of taste and culture as well.

where is that image from OP google and other reverse image search comes up negative

My drow rogue had a weird tendency to do that. Nothing special, just the sort of cliche close their eyes by pressing on their forehead.

They grew up on Twilight, instead of Hammer Horror.

My character's father died mid campaign. He died of old age ( dude was 86) so no tragedy, but the whole party stuck in town for a few days to grieve.

That's interesting. Treating dead bodies, even those of typically evil creatures, with a minimum of respect is also something I imagine a good/loyal character would try to do whenever feasible.

Three characters ago I played a guy who was against violence, tried to talk everything out and mourned for any creature we encountered that we ended up killing; in a campaign run from a pre-written that assumed a total bunch of murder hobos, run by a gm who who is so keen on box text that he once had a character make a will save against the restoration we cast on him, because the box text described him riding off favouring his broken leg and lamenting how he once fit enough to stay and help.

It was so fucking stressful that I'm still playing total psychopaths to purge it from my system.

F