Are Solitaires the most powerful warriors in the 40k Material realm?

Are Solitaires the most powerful warriors in the 40k Material realm?

Is there any decent fluff/reading material on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nZsYNwcovms?t=232
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, we have a Primarch back now, so no.

I would say that Solitaires seem to be the best fighters aside from Primarchs, though. I don't think I've even heard of one losing a fight.

>Most powerful
No
>Very dangerous
Yes

You'd have to define "warrior". The most powerful individual beings would be transcendant C'tan shards, I think. I doubt anyone can deal with that one on one.

Path of the Outcast has a Solitaire that kicks the shit out of a keeper of secrets, The Solitaire pretty much toys with him, also his entrance was pretty baller.
Path of the Incubus and Archon as well as the Masque of Vyle also follows my favourite Solitaire, Motley. A lot different from how they're normally portrayed. Motley always runs his mouth and has a lot of banter with the Dark Eldar, especially Morr a not so talkative Incubi.

Path of the Eldar series was written by Gav so take what you will, he always writes Eldar being weak and have questionable tactics but his Harlequins deck pretty much anything.
Path of the Dark Eldar is written by Andy Chambers so people will agree a much better author.

Haven't read the last 2 codexes so can't comment on any fluff mentioned there, first Solitaire to be seen atleast was female however.

Got PDFs if those stories?

Except for I, CATO SICARIUS, of course.

Most, if not all, are in one of the 40k general megas.

Path of the outcast is part of the path of the Eldar series, it's the 3rd book and they all interlock, same with the Dark Eldar stories, all have to be read to understand.

Unless you want to just read the specifcs. Don't have the pdf's sadly, I own the physical copies, some other user may have them, google might be your best friend.

for, hurp

Most powerful? No. Most skilled? Maybe.

Khayon is stronger

Really skilled but the outsider wasn't sharded and is still around. I'd say that kharn and thrakka are both demigods of war and could crap on a solitaire.

>Kicks the shit out of Keeper of Secrets.
See that's just not right. GW just doesn't seem to do any sort of quality control (or whatever you call it) anymore.

What about Lucius? I think he could take one on.
He'd live regardless but he could do it.

Solitaires are basically blanks. It wouldn't be odd.

Curse Dan Abnett for this mary sue blanc/ pariah SHIT. Yes, they existed before him but they weren't lore breaking like they are now. The original daemon killers were psykers who had their shit together.

Well he doesnt kill it but could have easily finished it off, it was left groaning after getting fucked over.
This is from a book that is fairly old now.

That wouldn't be the Banana Boys?

The answer is this guy.

What is actually happening in that pic?

He's killing the carnifex

Uber chaos space marine BTFOs a carnifex.

youtu.be/nZsYNwcovms?t=232

3:55 - 4:08

It used to be basically Kharn and Ragnar Blackmane -> everyone else. Then you had other exceptional space marines (chaos & loyalist) and Phoenix Lords. Assassins and Solitaires were somewhat beneath these. Greater Daemons were on a whole other level - they were actually treated with respect in the lore and not just as beatsticks to make the current flavor of the GW month look cool.

You mean Spike Spiegel is killing that Carnifex.

Lucius, in fluff anyway, seems to job like crazy to other space marines, so I'm not sure he can handle a Solitaire.
>Sharrowkyn toys with him and skewers him with crazy loop de loops
>Loken smashes his face in
>That one Thousands Son guy got the first cut on him
Maybe 10,000 years made him more experienced, but Solitaires probably have him beat there too.

Oh fuck off. Lucius is top 10 hardest space marines ever. He beats a damn solitaire.

His gimmick is dying. He'd get wrecked but win anyway. Possibly, i forget if solitaires are blanks, and don't know how Lucius' power works on blanks.

I. CAST. FIST!

According to the Emperor's Legions there is an Everesor (or was) that has
10,000 years of experience

What is this 'Emperor's Legions'?

No

Whoever made that sure had some
> "Opinions"
A Broodlord is allegedly on the level of a 'Nid Warrior, an Ork Mekboy or a Primaris Marine.
Alright buddy, if you say so. [Derisive laughter goes here.]

More importantly are the art choices.
> The Beast is Gul'dan
> The generic Chapter Master is another pic of Pappa Smurf
> The generic Librarian is another pic of Tigurius
That's some low quality work right there.

Who is this noob that put daemon prince below greater daemon?

and Avatar should be level with Greater Daemon.Avatar equal toglorified hive tyrant 'Swarmlord'? wtf is this shit, fuck off. This kind of thing makes mah relly angry.

>this was more than 6 years ago
Shit man.

Ordo Malleus Inq ranked along those august... just... aghh!

>Ragnar Blackmane
Fuck space wolves are Mary Sues.

That chart is ass.

this

Fuck you, Blond Ragnar beat an officio assassinorum assasin as a bloodclaw and massacred 40 genestealers in h2h as a wolf lord while on combat drugs. This i canon (really).

Solitaires, according to the codex, are not blanks, even though they tend to be shunned and feared by other Eldar as if they were one. This has to do with the very nature of the Harlequin troupes: when an Eldar joins the dance, they give up all previous identity to become the character that they are assigned (how much they give up depends on the actual troupe, with some becoming completely consumed by the parts they play).

Solitaires are those unlucky few who are cursed and blessed with the part of playing Slaanesh.

Unlike other harlequins, the soul of the solitaire is damned, linked with She-Who-Thirsts and beyond even Caegorach's reach; however, this also gives them the fearsome power they display on the battlefield. The fact that they are so linked with Slaanesh is probably why they can defeat Keepers of Secrets, outdance the Masque of Slaanesh (this canonically happened), and are probably the only thing in the galaxy Lucius the Eternal has to fear, because would it not be an especially cruel joke for him to meet his end at the hands of one pretending to be his master?

The type of assassin really matters.

Also, I'd love to see him try fighting Dante or the Sanguinor.

Fracture of Biel-Tan has two very badass Solitaire scenes. Yes, they are very mary-sue-ish but fuck it I loved them.

Abaddon (who was holding back) beat up Kharn like a nobodies business.

Kharn is far from the strongest warrior.

Their 2nd rules says that they are soulless.

You're both right.

Solitaires are implied to let Cegorach remove their souls, allowing them to play the part of She Who Thirsts without damning themselves. Cegorach holds on to their soul and keeps them impervious to destruction while in the material realm they immerse themselves in the role of Slaanesh, gaining incredible power by doing so. When they die Cegorach and Slaanesh play a game to decide their soul's final destination.

Why are all the gods of the setting listed as beyond gods?

Fuck off carnac

Honestly one of the worst power level charts I've ever seen.

Fan fiction.

>Sanguinor
Matt dickhead Ward era fan fiction.

This is fucking retarded.

Nope, it's canon.

Fun fact: I'm a 23 year old dipshit who got a job writing lore for upcoming 40K codexes even though I never read any 40K older than a few years. Whatever I write will be CANON.

You're trying too hard m8.
If you've got proof then show it, otherwise shut the fuck up.

>When they die Cegorach and Slaanesh play a game to decide their soul's final destination.
Where the fucking clown always cheats.

Where are Hesperax or Cawl?

>Firewarriors not shit-tier
Opinion discarded.

You tried.
A lot of it is subject to debate (Seriously, I'd love to see how you justify Swarmlord being above Thraka and Calgar), but you did make an honest attempt that, all said and done, is if nothing else a decent framework for others to use as a foundation for their own version.

B- for going the distance on this.

Don't get me wrong this chart has all kinds of issues but in every deamon codex that has a hierarchy the greater Deamons are listed above the princes. Not to mention the actual stats on the tabletop.

this was meant for

In redemption corps a storm trooper major and a commissar manage to fend off a callidus assassin, while being mostly unarmed.

What was his problem?

This is the shit Blacklibrary churns out now. It's like these authors are only barely familiar with the setting, which is probably the case since they're fucking hacks.

>Rowboat things Cato Sicarius is an egotistical twat

I know :/ It used to be the case though (pre 3rd edition at least) that Princes varied somewhat in power. There wasn't one standard statline for all of them. You had ones who, while tough (way beyond, say, a chapter master) were weaker than GDs, and others (like Doombreed, N'Kari et al) who were considerably bigger & badder - at least in the background.

It's like when you watch a little kid beat up a big kid. It's quite unsettling.

Somebody add Ynead

they have support from a gunship and the only reason they kill it is because the gunship grazes the side of a rock formation while the assassin is on it.

Your setting is trash.

Marbo is in decent tier?
WTF?

you try and find a better picture of the beast then fag, there were none at the time and gul'dan works. same for finding good pics of unnamed librarian/cm, they work fine.

what makes you think broodlords are so different in power?

why do you believe this?

not an argument

Calgar losing to Swarmlord seems like a good justification to me. Thraka fights on par with like Yarrick and loses all the time

>why do you believe this?

Because I'm not a noob:

>Huge and all-powerful, the Avatar is a god incarnate, the embodiment of the Eldar racial soul, and a deadly opponent even for the most mighty powers of Chaos. - Codex Eldar, 2nd edition