Why GW is not trying to step into the card games scene with a 40k/AoS based TCG...

Why GW is not trying to step into the card games scene with a 40k/AoS based TCG? They could be sure about sales for a long time just thanks to the brand.

Shadespire seems to be an attempt to compete with the X-wing at first glance but on the other hand GW is also trying their chance with an LCG system (game is heavily based on deckbuilding).
With WH Invasion ded do you think that GW is testing the water before bigger cards-related release?

No I don't think they will do a pure card game. I think it's pretty clear their niche is with miniatures. So I think shadespire is the closest thing they will come to doing a card game. One that still needs a board and minis.

They did pure card game before - it failed.
Also GW's management probably realizes their people can't make rules worth a damn and the main selling point is the minis, so they wouldn't fare into such a risky territory.

>Why GW is not trying to step into the card games scene with a 40k/AoS based TCG?
because FFG stepping into "GW personal space"

>They did pure card game before
You mean?

I don't know why they didn't do a scifi version of this.
Just make a rogue trader space fighter game to compete with xwing.

>Just make a rogue trader space fighter game to compete with xwing.
BWAHAHAHAHA

Horus Heresy (card game)
it went out of print like 10 years ago

Supposedly shadespire is their competitive game meant to entice the MTG and XWing faction.
It's also rediculously cheaply priced for a GW product so will be interesting to see how it pans out

>Bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off

>It's also rediculously cheaply priced for a GW product
>70$ for 8 shitty monopose

It's $60 US dollars. But that is also the base game which includes the base cards, tokens, and game boards. It's about what you pay for a FFG boardgame.

The expansions include whole teams and cards of their own. Not sure how much those are yet though. What's going to make it cheap to get into is likely someone will buy the box set, sell the team they aren't interested in, and the other 2 coming teams will be sold on their own.

>It's about what you pay for a FFG boardgame.
The problem is that FFG well kniwn for their good rules quality, unlike GW

Nice opinion. But it's your opinion, and has no bearing on the discussion.

>and has no bearing on the discussion.
So as your post about price and using additional stuff as argument

I just stated facts, man. You were the one spouting opinions.

>I just stated facts, man
>it's cheap
>no it isn't
>it's your opinion man

that wasn't what he called an opinion.

You know that FFG don't make their rules right? They're a publisher, they publish a bunch of shit in addition to good stuff.

They're not god's holy grace of board gaming

Slav replying to himself?

>They're not god's holy grace
Yes, but they have standarts.

Expansion boxes are £17.50 RRP. That's fucking cheap for GW

Which i find pretty lackluster to be honest. Im not saying GW is really any better, but i have had many disappointing gaming experiences playing ffg crap. They just get lauded for geniuses because they shovel out so many games and books that a few of them stick and become legends, but there are plenty that fall into the "what were they thinking?" category

Shit. I might actually just pick up the skeleton one after all.

>Shadespire seems to be an attempt to compete with the X-wing
>Shadespire
>A game that looks and plays nothing like X-Wing
>Competing with X-Wing
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

No user! It's minis and cards! It's totally an xwing ripoff! desu senpai desu

>xwing ripoff
None said it's a ripoff, it's a competitor.

It competes in the same way apples compete against the orange market.

It does not look the same, feel the same, play the same, have any relation to the same licenses, attempt to garner the same crowd other then 'miniature and board gaming crowd' and isn't even in the same genre.

>It does not look the same
>mix of wargame with board game

>implying that's in any way unique to X-wing

X-wing doesn't even have a board. Shadespire probably has more in common with HeroClix.

>>mix of wargame with board game
Why, you're absolutely correct.
It IS competing directly against Heroquest.

How did I not see this before?

>both are cheap games with few models designed for quick skirmish matches
>hurr they don't share the ruleset so their are nothing alike

they are*

There was also a WHFB tcg. Not sure which company did which, but one was by Sabretooth Games the other by FFG I think.

The HH tcg is the primary reason we got so many HH illustrations they could make an anthology artbook like Visions of Heresy.