What are some settings you've always wanted to run/play in?

What are some settings you've always wanted to run/play in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fleet_Battles
drivethrurpg.com/product/100243/STALKER--The-SciFi-Roleplaying-Game
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tony Hawk's Underground

I enjoy running in the snow because of the crunching and the resistance. Next would be water because of the resistance as well, but I can't stand the thought of the disgusting germs in the water itself.

I like to play with my dogs in the snow too, and my puppy's first experience with the snow this year was wonderful for her. She loved it. She was a bit unsure of it at first but wanted to be outside the entire time snow was on the ground.

I can see it now.
Fa/tg/uys WORLD DESTRUCTION TOUR!

If nothing else that game had one of the best rival characters I can remember

The Mignolaverse would be neat to play in

Stars without Number.

I've tried to run it, for my group.
I have no one to run it for me to play in.

My group isnt interested.
They just want D&D.

>I dont want to learn a new system
>Scifi is too complicated
>I dont understand fictional tech
>How would a laser gun even work?
>Why is it called Drilling and not Warping?

Help me

Eric Sparrow did nothing wrong.

Isn't SWN OSR? So isn't it D&D after all?

Im a forever DM.

Once in a blue moon a friend from out of town comes in and runs a game.

Im sick of always being the Dm. Im sick of how unappreciative my players are. All the fucking work I put into campaigns, just to have one of them go:

>This is too hard, I dont think were high enough level to deal with this problem/dungeon/quest.
>Lets go to another city and find something else to do.
>This problem is frustrating, instead of finding a solution lets jump ship and find a new campaign. I'm sure theres another one just around the corner. Its not like my Dm has been putting any thought into this game. He just does it all on the fly. Its probably just like a video game, tons of other quests to do.

New town

What do you do here?
>I look for work
Specifically what are you doing?
>Isnt there like a job/quest board somewhere? There should be one in every town.

Yes. Its almost identical mechanically to D&D.

Dragons Dogma

And not that whole going to the moon version or whatever the one we got was enough for me

I'd play the shit out of a Dropzone RPG

High-lethality though.

MERCS, Front Mission, Shadow of the Apt, Dropzone, Tannhauser, Terrinoth, Netrunner.

40k.
Seriously, most people don't even know that it exists around here.

Greyhawk, shits comfy as fuck

>Something similar to "GATE: Thus the JSDF fought here!" (Modern Military Exploration group finds themselves in fantasy universe)
>Magic: The Gathering multiverse using some form of Weatherlight-style vehicle
>In addition to M:TG, Ravnica seems comfy
>Dwarf Fortress

Masters of the Universe, John Carter / Princess of Mars, Hyboria, Metal Gear Solid, Heavy Metal 2000, Hail and Kill or Brutal Legend

Fuck you and fuck your opinions.

One day. One day I'll be able to visit the perfect world gone horribly awry.

The short film Rakka would make a good setting desu

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQ

Rakka would make a good setting desu

youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

Speaking of MTG, Id love to visit Phyrexia, Mirrodin, and any place with Slivers.

Apparently there's some not insignificant Veeky Forums crossover over at /mlp/, maybe start a thread there asking some anons if they'd be interested in an online game.

Never. /mlp/ has changed. Not for the better. I'd hustle for randos on Roll20 first.

I was going to say this, though I must know whether you'd include Bitterblack Isle as a late-game questline.

most of the setting is underlined by quick prose on the authors part throughout the series, but looking at it all through what's disputed, id crack a shot

Ravnica would be sweet, as long as it's pre-Jacetice League shit.

Modiphius is working on a Barsoom RPG.

Authentic stone age fantasy that doesn't feel too restricted but is true to its source material.

One shot horror or drama based game with players who won't complain if they get killed since they're supposed to die basically.

Any medieval fantasy game that isn't bogged down by modern pragmatism.

I haven't really expanded my horizons very much, I'm still new to the hobby and think playing a generic high fantasy adventure sounds fun. I'm sure I'll be as cynical and shrewd as the rest of you one day.

>going to the moon version
Are you talking about the online one, or just talking about the stuff they didn't get to include in the game? I'm kind of curious since I never followed Dragons Dogma Online

>play in

Any. Forever DM is suffering.

Several

Lamentations of the Flame Princess, but without the edgelordiness

Ironclaw

Myriad Song

A setting made up on this board regarding a fantasy world were all races have been replaced with insects.

A fallout game with the wild wasteland perk cranked up to eleven.

A body horror game where I am slowly being taken over by a force mutating my body and I must race against time to fight the infection, all while it tries to fight me.

>>One shot horror or drama based game with players who won't complain if they get killed since they're supposed to die basically.

i've run a one shot where you play the scientist in the facility when the safeties get disabled and they get loose

then resume the campaign with PC come to investigate

I've always wanted to do a Hyrule/LoZ setting. I would like to make a headcannon of early war Ikana in Termina, with hefty amounts of paranoia, politics, secrets, and bloodshed.

How are Vedalkens statted, and what are they exactly? Are they hominids like elves and dwarves, or do they have other things such as permeable skin? I've always assumed they are like humans but with blue skin, better intelligence and dexterity, and more task-oriented than people-oriented.

Unironically a Magic School game.
Problem is: everything related to Magic School setting.

Dread is good for one shot horror campaigns.

You know, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed Little Witch Academia.
That would be a fun game to run/play.

I don't know much about Online

But I vaguely recall the originally planned version to have the moon and shit

I should get it for the Xbone just remembered it released

Let it Die, Killer7, pretty much anything from Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51.

Both a mesoamerican setting, or a Greek folklore setting.
Although sounds great

Blame!
Every thread until I find a DM who can evoke that delicious dread and awe from reading Blame!

There is a Hellboy RPG. It's GURPS though, so memes.

>mfw I want to play something 40k but I have barely any friends and I have to DM from now on because the only one who tried was shit
>mfw I will literally never play a TTRPG again

I desperately want to play this or traveller but Traveller has a billion rules I seem to require encyclopedic knowledge of to teach others and SWN seems to have mediocre core mechanics and excellent ancilliary rules that require prepwork which I am bad at.

I just want to have cool midlife crisis in space adventures.

High Fantasy Conquistadores. *High* Fantasy. Rocs that haul off galleons to build their nests. Ancient native empires with magic to dwarf anything the old world can manage, ruled over by [celestial dragon/ancient aliens/god kings]. Deathworld jungles, lakes of mercury, cities of gold. And of course dinosaurs. A dash of Rogue Trader flavor for good measure.

Napoleonic airships.

Looks like Ixalan is right up your alley

>mediocre core mechanics

They're quite decent for the style of play.
Read through the PDF a bit about design choices. The only thing I don't use is the starship combat. I've been working on integrating the basic Star Fleet Battle's combat system into SWN. It's going alright but needs more play testing at the moment.

When I iron them out Ill probably upload my variant rules here in a pdf.

For those wondering

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fleet_Battles

Its the best TTRPG for indepth space combat.

I've been sitting on this idea for years, Ixalan didn't do it first but an integral part would be doing our conquistadoring on behalf of Old World powers, off-brand knockoffs of all the European nations. Initial plan was to place it during the Eighty Years War and have the players be Not-Dutch captains, metaplot being to acquire some prize or wealth sufficient to secure Not-Dutch independence.

I'd love to do a dark fantasy version of Narnia. Have the PCs be kids and have the antag be that disgruntled bullied kid.

Its all magical and stuff but they just slowly realise that the fantasy world isn't as black and white and as they age and the antag is still extremely mad about the PCs treating him like shit and how bad life was for everyone in reality and just wants to keep this fantasy world.

I've dreamed about running a crimson skies game for a decade.
I have a fucking filing cabinet filled with shit that will never get used.

Mercenaries (it's even topical right now!) Tony Hawk's American wasteland, which may or may not be set in the underground universe. Brandon Sanderson settings without the arcanum/multiverse shenanigans. Freedom fighters/red Dawn

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Napoleon's 1812 invasion of Russia
WW2 Eastern Front or China
WW1 with some supernatural shiet added in
Something heavily based around Yuan-ti and their various cults and sub-species / hybrids

>map follows existing state boundaries
Ugh

> Arcanum multiverse
Can you explain that? I've only read the Mistborn trilogy and even that was awhile ago

Don't Rest Your Head or a fucked up Supers game like Worm

Berserk. Oh, how I loves me some Berserk!

Brandy Sandy has all his worlds exist in some sort of overall universe called the Cosmere. Basically, there was one god, that god got shattered into multiple pieces, and the shards became worlds/multiple shards inhabit the same world. It is entirely possible for people to become aware and sort of 'dive' into the spirit realm, allowing them to travel from world to world. People who travel from world to world, like Hoid, are called worldhoppers. These worldhoppers often get cameos in his novels. There was also something about a multiversal society attempting to catalog all the worlds, but I don't think that part's been featured in any story yet.

Man! As an attack helicopter who has always wanted to get into tabletop RPGs, this would be the final push.

Playing as partisans or resistance fighters in Nazi occupied Europe. I'm really interested in the moral dilemmas partisan warfare cause and the grim realities war demands. Players would be involved in sabotaging infrastructure, distributing propaganda, coercing collaborators, assassinating key figures, and espionage. I feel like you could have great role playing opportunities if everyone was into it. >otivations can range be nationalist, humanitarian, or communist in nature. Players would be willing to go different lengths to oppose nazism. Who would be willing to undertake a certain mission if extreme German reprisals is a known consequence?

Of course this game will never happen for me, I've never been happy with any of the games I've run, and I can't expect anyone else to run this game for me. All my friends only want to play DnD and Pathfinder anyway.

Is it popular to hate on LWA?
I never pay attention to anything said by other people who watch anime.

This would be fun for an episodic oneshot style campaign

drivethrurpg.com/product/100243/STALKER--The-SciFi-Roleplaying-Game

If you have friends who can and will play story-driven games. Dice or two are optional only if GM and player want to see if you succeeded.

Just a fucking nice and ever so slightly derivative dungeon crawler oriented campaign.

I live in Poland. Everyone only plays WFRP2 and insists on playing in edgy campaigns where everyone dies and talking in Superficial Fantasy Racist is the pinnacle of roleplaying.

I wanna kill a dragon, not mud peddlers who happen to have a Chaos cultist amongside them, because anything higher tier is instant death to WFRP2 characters.

Suikoden

What is that?

Valkyria Chronicles with a splash of more magic, just slightly.

I desperately want to play in Rune Midgard (Ragnarök Online)
Please, someone. I'd even GM, I don't care.

He fucking sacrificed your character to the Behelit so he could get a career from the God-Hand.

He did literally everything wrong.

say one good book with spacial monster
not lovecraft

hard to play a campaign when you hardly know anything
i mean we dont even know if we cast edicts because kyros allows or if we really absorbed his edicts

>Rune Midgard
Why do you like it so much?

Flip-Flappers
Two magical girls explore different realities to find magic stones.
Said realities are various mash-ups of different genre from Mad Max meets Fist of the North Star as you see in the pic, to haunted high school, Tron and their giant robots to pastel landscapes that hurt the eye to watch.
It's a good series.

Now these are some quality settings. Got me getting ideas for future D&D based settings.

Huh?

I was thinking more about having it set somewhere else earlier in Kyros conquest. The Tiers is a small corner of the map and the Disfavored and Scarlet Chorus is only two of Kyros armies so it leaves a lot of room to be creative

much would be homebrew i mean each archon is very diferent

True. The only constant would be Kyros and her edicts, archons, how magic and reputation works and that it's set in the late bronze age. And the oldwalls i think.

I always wanted to play a setting which is Cyberpunk/Medieval where you got future knights in power armor and lots of politics and intrigue.

If I would make such a setting I think I would have the USA turn into a new HRE with constant infighting and power grabs.

>her
>implying is one person
No one ever saw kyros.
Many say its a council of the most powerful mages.

would be nice making a thread where we create a setting continuing the obsidian job in kyros universe, since they basically
>kyros all powerful edicts you can use as well
and nothing else

Motherfucking gantz.
>bitch, you dead. Now go fight some aliens if you wan't your freedom
>also, i'm going to mess with you just so i can know how much shit you can survive because you're pretty disposable since there's a shot ton of people dying everywhere
Also, skin tight super suits.

Ghost in the Shell/Anarchy Reigns/Metal Gear Rising. Basically a superhero game pretending to be (post-)cyberpunk, where all the PCs are cyborgs/robots with over-the-top powers. Maybe cops, maybe not.

Bumping with sexy alien hunters.

I mean, I joined a Ponyfinder game some 3 years ago on /mlp/ and it's still going

We're also considering an Equestria Divided game when this one ends.

MtG's Fallen Empires
or
Bungie's Myth series

>Dark Souls

Self-explanatory to anyone who enjoyed the games.

A good campaign in the Souls universe, with a clever approach to undeath and worlds overlapping, would keep me giddy for years.

I'd also enjoy a campaign based on vanilla WoW fragments. The storylines there were really interesting and were far from the YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE LMAO GRAB ILLIDAN'S HAND AND THRALL'S HAMMER AND GO KILL SATAN marry sue shit they pass for story nowadays.

I wanna get involved in the black dragonflight vs Ragnaros schemes played out through dwarves and orcs and human pawns, not fucking kill gods.

what would be the the thing that links the characters as a party?

Whatever links them in other settings. It's not like there are no parties in the souls universe.

>Dark Souls
A Souls-like campaign definitely sounds fun, especially if it's applied to different time periods, cultures, and tech levels.

they almost always are party's of undead who want to end the curse
Now, a game i would let the DM rape me if he'd let me play is playing as the knight of gwyn against the dragons, THAT would be amazing.

Dragon genocide best day of my life

I've also thought that Brutal Legend would make a great setting for a table top adventure. It's the coolest setting to play a bard and you could craft their skills around what genre of music they enjoy. Even beyond musicians there are some other cool class ideas in there. Necromancer based around the sea of black tears. Beast caller to make use of all the badass wild life... I don't really have much else in mind, but there's a lot there.
I've always wanted a sequel that explored the world of a different genre of music.

>What are some settings you've always wanted to run/play in?
- Assassin's Creed without the "ancient aliens" bullshit set in actual Crusades.
- Prince of Persia (you know, basically a dungeon crawl focusing more on the abandoned, beautiful landscapes and magical cities with puzzles and combat, rather than an actual Persian society).
- Space Station 13. You know what I'm talking about.

Also, The World Ends With You.
Also, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor-like scenario.
Also, fucking Monkey Island. Goddamn, I'd kill for a good humorous Caribbean pirates campaign.

>Killer7