youtube.com/watch?v=Isuzfov350M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping for some kind user to post the WFRP system rules for bionicle

>Muh CHIM
>Muh gay cyborg from future
>Muh godhead
Elder scrollsfaggots are the worst.

Some of the bionicle lore is really neat

I have nothing valuable to do with my time. What's a good way to get into Bionicle lore?

No, you're the worst

my dog can lick its butt and i can lick my own butt and i can lick my dog's butt but I don't

Maybe, but the way they handled the cannical ending of Daggerfall was the ballsiest form of lazy writing I have ever seen in an established universe.

The consequences of that lazy writing are interesting though.
Like how Manimarco is both the Necromancer's Moon and a person, both of which are distinct from one another and how the first might have influenced the second into becoming the most powerful, mortal necromancer in history.

It also makes sense in a historical capacity. Case in point: why did Rome fall? You'll get a ton of distinct answers to that question and the short version is: all of them are true.

>i can lick my own butt
You are an agile fella, I give you that.

only 4 u bb ;)

I was invariably fixed at the very bottom of this diagram from the ages of 9 to 18.

This.

they played the long fucking game with that shit

Games and franchises may come and go, but MNOLG will endure in my mind. It's the first video game I've ever completed on my own.

What's the most interesting bit of bionicle lore you can think of?

Like Warhammer, it was designed exclusively to sell expensive hunks of plastic

The Bohrok were once Matoran.

Wait wat.
I thought they were robots with the little parasites inside made by makuta

I loved everything concerning elemental powers, especially their subtle manifestations in even the "powerless" Matoran.

Don't care about the why. Just tell me how crazy it gets.

Makuta's plan was so incredibly complex that most people who figured it out entirely went insane from the effort. This wasn't an accident, it was part of the plan.

My sweet summer child.

Much like that it is Destiny that determines which Matoran will become Toa, a preordained number of Av-Matoran (Matoran of Light) were transfigured into empty Krana receptacles.

>Cryoshell fan
nice touch

The whole mystery behind the Toa Nuva/Mata, in the sense that they just pretty much appeared out of nowhere...

...although that probably has an explanation too that I dont know about. And here I thought I knew what the fuck bionicle lore is. Way to blow my fucking mind.

>The whole mystery behind the Toa Nuva/Mata, in the sense that they just pretty much appeared out of nowhere...
They were essentially grown in vats deep within the heart of Mata Nui by the Order of Mata Nui (the secretive organization that orchestrates nearly every significant event in the plot) to serve as a contingency plan if Mata Nui would somehow become mortally wounded.

The failsafe failed, and their organic brains deteriorated until they could no longer recall their identities or purpose, washing ashore on a tropical island...

This thread is giving me life.

I want an answer for this also. Bionicle is the definition of Deepest Lore.

Bionicle is such a ripe setting for an rpg. If only LEGO werent such bastards about it.

biosector01.com/

I used to extensively edit this wiki in my late teens. It's unequivocally the best BIONICLE resource.

>tfw as a kid I thought bionicle was a tragic tale of two brothers, who through jealosy and pride nearly destroy the world.
>and that the end is one of redemption and reconcilitation, where Mata Nui becomes mortal to realize his arrogance, and finally sacrifices himself and his brother to make the world whole again
>tfw thought the toa were just elemental "manifestations" of destiny or something cool like that

>Order of Mata Nui?
>matoran of light/ Av-matoran?
>subtle manifestation of powers
>that fucking iceberg chart
WUT
MY
FREAKING
BRAIN
HOW
WHY
WHAT

wow

Are the alternate universes canon?

The Mask of life's purpose is to wipe the Matoran universe clean, just in case the Matoran stop working.
And it is why Karzahni and his bro exist, to keep the Matoran working.

Or the alternate melding universe where Mata Nui never existed, Makuta Teridax becomes the Makuta of Light.

Or the fact that Makuta Teridax turned to darkness because the Matoran hated him, even though the Brotherhood of Makuta created the various forms of life throughout the Matoran universe.

Or the fact that the Barraki first planned to conquer the universe, with brute force.

Or that fact that their are canonical-ish alternate universes where things are even worse. PDF related.

Well, stop being so fucking surface, my dude.

cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/tagged/getting started
this page has the books which have the lions share of deep lore

comics/animations here: biomediaproject.com/bmp/

log of everything here biosector01.com/wiki/Saga_Guides

if you want to learn more about some of the big picture planning for the series faberfiles.blogspot.com/search/label/Bionicle

>Bionicle is such a ripe setting for an rpg. If only LEGO werent such bastards about it.
As far as i know they stomped the line bacause some maori got their kiwis rusteled since the whole thing was "borrowing" stuff from their lore.

Forgot the PDF!

To the extent of my knowledge, yes. They play significant roles in the story's outcome.

Do they still make Bionicles?

Alright we got some bionicle experts here. So why are all the blue ones female and can bionicles reproduce?

Jesus fuckin Christ. I used to read about the bionicle lore few years ago but now I'm just surprised

Call me a normie but I still think it was the best bionicle song
youtube.com/watch?v=XuMoeBPiSss

first line ended in 2010 with a rushed ending

There was a second itteration of the line using the CCBS system in 2015 (a refined version of the modified technic system bionicle used) and it just wasn't abe to stick a landing. so it was terminated in the second year of the run.

They're only aesthetically female; they cannot reproduce conventionally. If more Matoran are needed, they are essentially "willed" into being by whatever Mata Nui subsystems govern Matoran population.

I acknowledge your opinion and raise you my own:

youtube.com/watch?v=LX1t4UIlhAw

Holy fuck, I'm bookmarking this thread.
This is glorious.

I remember Time Trap! That book was great.

OH GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS FEELING IS BUT IT'S BETTER THAN AN ORGASM

I think I'm in Valhalla.

wow, that takes me back.
Really regret selling my Bionicle collection now.

What were the strongest Toa to ever exist? The Nuva? If Toa were the protectors of Mata Nui, why was there a whole society of badasses that completely outclassed Toa AND protected Mata Nui?

Well, it's time to bring my bionicle collection back

I will never understand how such a shitty videogame got such diehard fanboys

be my wife

there are not of ton of options that scratch the specific itches that game does

The Nuva are technically the strongest to ever exist (though there are Toa who have outclassed them due to superior experience, skill, etc...). The Order's secrecy is explained as a necessity because of how dangerous the knowledge of any single member would become if acquired by unscrupulous beings. While Toa were expected to combat evil publicly, Order members would provide indirect support to "friendly" parties if the need arose.

The first member of the Order of Mata Nuit was a Toa, btw.

On one hand there were Toa of Iron, Magnetism, Gravity, and a plethora of other powers that could one-shot anything. On the other, Toa Tuyet with the Nui Stone.

The Order of Mata Nui is there to protect Mata Nui at any cost. The Toa protect the Matoran and serve Mata Nui's will.
That, and Toa are foresworn to never kill their enemies. Except one, who reluctantly shamed the Toa code to become the leader of the Order.

Weren't the Great Beings humans?

Tell me, how the G1 story has ended? I dropped the series around Karda Nui - Vamprah was my last purchase

>That, and Toa are foresworn to never kill their enemies.

When was that? I remember the toa murdering the bohrok with black holes or some shit.

Haven't read up on bionicle lore in a while but I think humanity was the precursor race. They stumbled upon spherus magna, uplifted the local inhabitants, gave then powerful tech, created Mata Nui then fucked off.

That was the Bohrok's powers going out of control, IIRC

However, I don't remember jack shit about the Toa having a no-kill code. I just think they preferred not to because they're in touch with nature and understand that most of their foes are being manipulated by darker forces.

>I remember the toa murdering the bohrok with black holes or some shit.
It's OK because they are parasites encased in robot exoskeletons! (or so they thought...) They have a mini crisis of faith upon their realization that they were, in fact, once Matoran.

Also they entombed the Bohkrok queens in protodermis, not a black hole.

>I don't remember jack shit about the Toa having a no-kill code.
Yeah, they didn't, not because they were forbidden, but because it would be in poor taste.

I forgot when, but I think it's when the Toa Nuva meet the leader of the Order, and the Bohrok-Kal overloaded on the Toa Nuva symbol powers, killing themselves by overcharging their own powers.

>TFW you still have all your old bionicles to play with.

Hmm, interesting. Glad I kept all my bionicles. Still have the original six.

>tfw your teacher father gave them away to his 5th grade class.

My peepee feels funny

To put it in an uncultured way, MILLIONS OF FEET TALL GOD ROBOTS FIGHT TO THE DEATH
youtube.com/watch?v=9SgQAUBglJE

The sheer scale of this fight is un-fucking-real.

>mfw still have the original six, nuva, bohrok, bohrok-kal and Rahkshi

Even the McDonald's Matoran?

>40 million feet
>7600 miles tall

What the fuck kind of planet are they on

Spherus Magna

Actually, yes. I'm not sure if I have all mcd matoran but I remember that I have at least 4 of them.

Is dat Michael Dorn?

Yes it is.

why is that gas giant solid?

To be precise, it was left hanging after the big finale. The writer wanted to continue the story after the toy series was cancelled, but it didn't work out. First, the graphic novels sold so bad that making comics wasn't a possibility, so the only remaining story venue was written online chapters. Then, he realized he has to care for his daughter and focus on his paying job, so all the story threads that were set up were just left untied.

Because it isn't a gas giant

Holy fuck

no no no, how is it so fucking huge?

>this is what happens when you start to mine protodermis
>keep your planet whole, don't mine protodermis

>wonder how an earth-sized robot wouldnt collapse into a spherical shape due to the insane gravitic forces
>decide to STFU to appreciate the sheer awesome
FUCK

The robot also has a pocket universe inside it.

with nice silver seas, his head's interior is metru nui, and there are like 2 continents in it.

Because Protodermis.

It was somewhat loose. They could kill during was or if there was no other option, or if they were assholes, like that one female Toa who killed a forest animal for the heck of it.

But mindless horde enemies like Rahkshi, Bohrok and sub-types were free fare, since they were technically icky parasite-like things commanding power-suits. Visorak and plant monsters were also allowed to be killed.

Bionicle physics. Also the writers had no sense of scale or mass or time. There are characters who are still young and inexperienced at 100 000 years of age, wars last for thousands of years, and planets that are godzillion times the size of Earth have the same gravity as Earth.

I'm having too much fun with this thread.

Reminder that the Great Beings are godlike Post-Humans

STAWP
MY BRAIN

No, it was the Iron Tribe on Spherus Magna who became the Great Beings.
After they enslaved a GENUINE DREAM EATING CTHULU into giving them creativity.

Jesus, you would never be able to fully explore that thing, just too big.There could be whole continents you would never find even if you walked for a thousand years.

youtube.com/watch?v=Isuzfov350M

Also this was the original size of the Mata Nui robot, but they later decided to make it as tall as Earth, for some reason.

>the story of biomechanical being on islands (sometimes contients) in biospheres in a giant robot on a little planet full of water that was part of a gas giant sized planet and is still currently orbiting around it.

NO MORE
I CANT TAKE IT
ALL MY ILLUSIONS SHATTERED
I'm running out of reaction images.
on that note, what is the power scale of the bionicle universe? Star Wars? 40k? Asimovs Foundation Empire? Dare I say it, The Culture?

>see a race of primitives that just invented computers.
>decide to pay them a visit and give them some tech.
>learn that their planet has shit loads of this super rare miracle material so you subdue the local population and force them to mine it for you
>You also create a clone race made out of their dna and protodermis, making them care for your every need.
>locals rebel, war
>build a giant ass robot and shove your new (not)locals who now depend on tech to survive then fuck off with half a planets worth of protodermis