/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: "everyone ignores the op" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

en.shindanmaker.com/734391
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're the best, why did you come in third in the lewd CYOA contest?

Seven Sins popularity vote had Wendy as last, proving that people have absolutely no taste

Wendy is pretty shit tho.

>reading tok cyoas
Yes, you do have absolutely no taste

kek this is turning into shit.

I think thats because it seems to be some half assed ramblings and "isnt stupidity funny" humor with no actual content or originality

does someone have big al cyoa collection?

It's in the pastebin.

>Monster High? I'm in. Education is always important.
New Me: Male
Body: Muscular
Hair: Short
Beard: Trimmed
Skin: Mocha
Face: Confident

Stronk 1
Speed 1
Durability 2
Regeneration 1
Elemancy 1 (Lightning)
Elemancy 1 (Gravity)
Elemancy 1 (Metal)
Shapeshift 1

Living: School Dorms
Hangouts: Library, Fantasy Tavern, Around Town
Classes: Coding, Cooking, Martial Arts
Clubs: Games, Fight Club

5 Friends: Victoria Johnny, Irina, Zeke, Abraham,
1 Sweetheart: Caroline
1 Rival: Diego

Netscape and Dos Prompt, please. Between Netscape and DIR I know all, see all. With CD I can take a vacation every weekend if I want. DEL is mostly useless but I can clean up a 3m cube of garbage on off days so I guess that's alright.

Bout to be in some teen monster pussy, right?

For everyone
>Advancement
>Urban Fantasy
For me
>Mirror Mirror
>Protagonist
>Immortality

I can finally have my cyberpunk adventure and lead humanity to great heights/

Dude, guys and chicks can be friends without fucking. I chose my friends to be the most chill crew possible. If they want to start something I'm not saying 'no', but I'm not actively pursuing it, either. Besides, half my friends are dudes. Granted, I'm bi, but still. We're all about hanging out and casual gaming. And occasionally they'll bet on me in the fights.

Yeah, I haven't made anything good yet. Maybe if that ever changes I can finish a CYOA.

from a technical aspect its fine

maybe try your hand at one of those companion/waifu CYOA

>I'm bi
What does it feel like to know everyone hates you?

Study w. Jennifer, dose Carmen with the experiment and lock her up until she succumbs as well

>Dude, guys and chicks can be friends without fucking
That’s an oddly specific response to a vague shitpost

Looks like user actually wanted the monster pussy.

It's true though.

Record shows uninspired, lazy waifu CYOAs is all I can do.

>high selfish steam

Mask of the Revolution honestly seems the best.

Sure, but it’s tangential.

>Gonna read some books, user?
>I DONT HAVE TO READ IF I DONT WANT TO

>Not abusing the mask of many to become a multitasking ubermench

I don't even like doing one job at a time.

Fair point I guess. user didn't come off that way to me but I see how you could get that impression.

You don't even have to do anything because your yous will do it for you and you reap the benefits.

I think it’s more that one user sees a sexual opportunity whereas the other had a much more innocent outlook, leading to what appears to be mild offense at the suggestion of underage intercourse

Which, of course, raises the age old debate of whether it’s immoral if you’re mid-twenties, in a teen body, screwing actual teens

>your clones always behave exactly as you would
Nah, they're not gonna get shit done.

>Which, of course, raises the age old debate of whether it’s immoral if you’re mid-twenties, in a teen body, screwing actual teens
When will human mores adapt to speculative fiction scenarios? When will we learn?

Here's a CYOA I saved that's vaguely, tenuously, tangentially related.

>mfw waifu CYOA's keep reminding me of my ex who left me a couple of years ago
>she always told me that she loved me
>mfw just yesterday I dreamed about a CYOA girl who told me she loved me
>my fucking face when it's the same shit all over again

I'm not falling for the same bullshit again, I swear if I see that imaginary being again.

I'm torn between Mask of the Phantom and Mask of the Wild.
All other masks are shite.

>letting 3d ruin 2d for you

I'm torn in three ways. One the one hand, I like the Mask of the Fool--it allows you to essentially be Mr. Perfect at every given moment. That'll net Elvis-tier levels of fame and acknowledgement, but then I don't ever want Presley status. On the other hand, Mask of the Many allows me to experience multiple things (three) at once, all without missing a thing. I have dreamed of having the ability to watch my favorite shows, while I write, while I listen to jazz + a rainy day. There would literally be no excuse for me not to follow my passions and curiosities at all times, since I can absorb entertainment and hobbies through 2 other mediums. Then finally, there is Death's Head Mask; while not nearly as exciting as the other 2, this would be the most effective method of achieving worldly change on this list. An enhanced version of the Deathnote, really.

Ah, I'd probably take the Mask of the Many. Even a fool could achieve immense success were he multiplied by three.

Well, how about this example. You have the choice to relive your high school day, retaining all memories. If you utilize the years of accumulated experience to sleep with that chick you had a crush on, have you taken advantage of her?

Someone make a new pocket dimension builder cyoa pl0x

user, 2D is pure and eternal a waifu would never betray you, if something it is more likely you would betray her.

Mask of Fortune, plox.

Get all kinds of mad dosh, use it to enhance my life and give presents to others, and abuse its powers to make genetic research/technology firms skyrocket in effectiveness and luxury.

Let the fortune of transhumanism commence.

>Mask of the Wild
>Take custom human forms
>Don't ruin anybody else's life in the process
>See the world, don't even have to learn the language to talk to locals
>Can tell annoying bugs to fuck off or die and they actually will
>Can get maybe useful information from local cats, dogs, and birds
>Maybe even find out stuff about currents from fish if sailing

The only downfalls are needing to come up with new IDs if I'm gonna stick with a new body for a while, and probably not being able to understand anything in other languages if it's not being said to me in person. So no watching anime that hasn't been subbed or dubbed, no reading French comics, and no figuring out where the hell I'm going through street signs or what it is I'm buying on a menu.

mask of fortune

as fun as mask of death might be its better to have then make others "have not"

This was made a few threads ago, mostly overshadowed by v.3 of Time of Troubles.

>someone
That someone can be you!

Meanwhile, further economic disparity between the rich and the poor due to the mad doshflow you got goin. You could probably crash the economy all by your lonesome.

You can't just spoil user with headpats you know...

Personal opinion? If you attained honest consent for a legal pairing you've done nothing wrong. True, you have unnatural future knowledge of what the right words to make the girl's heart go all aflutter are, but if you were just normal suave and could say the right words without time fuckery there'd be nothing wrong. I mean, maybe a little icky if you were totally faking every word and bullshitting her just to get what you wanted but again that's equally distasteful in the natural scenario as in the supernatural scenario.

It gets a little weirder when you're leaping back a significant developmental step so you have the mind of an adult and wouldn't have been legally/morally able to pair with the girl in your pre-time-fuckery state, but I feel like that's a different question with no good general answer since a lot of it is going to be dependent on the scenario... like are you stuck in your younger form? And how much is the mind a plaything of the body? Sure you have more years of accumulated information but if teen hormones and a teen brain are fucking your decision-making and emotional maturity like they do for real teens that might be a bit different than if it's basically an outwardly youthful shapeshift.

See also: Groundhog Day.

Nothing says I can't kill a few birds with the single stone of "support businesses to help the masses". Or just use the absurd amount of doshflow to start buying government debt.

...actually shit, I wonder what would happen with that last one.

and? theres no moral wrongdoing on the guy with the masks part

I like this cyoa, but like people said at the time, it's more of a world builder than a pocket dimension.

It doesn't say anything at all about what you, as an individual, actually receive. It seems the only real boon we get is the ability to design this world more or less how we want it, and then we're given a way to access it, then left on our own. No guarantee for magical ability, or even superior magical potential so even if we can be magi in our worlds we might be stuck as little more than apprentices that can cast prestidigitation while plenty of other assholes are going around spamming Wish. We're not set up with a home of our own either, or any kind of resources. No food, clothes, weapons, currency, anything you might actually need. Presumably, not even a high reputation from the inhabitants as a sort of god of the realm, as you are the reason they exist. You're a nobody with nothing at first, probably not even more respect than a beggar on the streets has.

Why would they?

Now there's an interesting concept. How good of a new universe do you decide to make, knowing you aren't really going to benefit from it in either way?

Why not?

Implement:
Doll

Tomes:
Necronomicon -20 sanity
+Yog-Sothoth
+Shub-niggurath
+Cthulhu

Liber Ivonis -10 sanity
+Ithaqua
+Atlach-Nacha

The King in Yellow -10 sanity
+Hastur
+Nyarlathotep

Light and Darkness -5 sanity
+Elder Sign

-20 total sanity

Insanity:
Unconscious Troubles (Oh no! If only I had something to keep close to me at night to ward away those bad dreams! Oh wait...)
Dark Days (Not sure exactly which definition for childhood is intended here but I generally have pretty shit memory about those sorts of things regardless so I'm not losing much and being near my Doll can jog my memories.)
A Darker Half (This seems like a fairly tolerable to deal with even when I wouldn't have my companion around to keep it at bay.)

Ok, all-in-all not a bad deal. I have to admit I was nervous dipping to negative twenty points but it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be and thanks to Atlach-Nacha I'll be bothered by my insanities much less. I might join the Templars. I'd shoot for an Administrator or Detective job. I might qualify for being an Enforcer (or at least my Doll does) but I doubt I have the drive and mental fortitude for it personally. Granted with what I picked my Doll and I would probably make damn good Detectives.
As for my Dolls personality I'll give give her all the personality traits available. So she'll be protective of me, fully sapient, equip with basic knowledge & good interpersonal skills, fond of kids (probably wants to have them), mischievous (I'll encourage her to do it in a restrained, playful manner), sharp & witty, into cuddling (constantly) and romantically interested in me. While I'll give her some suggestions I like I'll let her choose her own name.

On a side note I actually ended up purposely avoiding Dagon... see I like taking long hot showers and he is the one god that gives a drawback with his passive effect and it happens to fuck with any one who enjoys soaking in fresh water.

>they're your clones
Since you won't do it, your clones won't.
So why do you think you would do something when you won't do it?

That is a pretty interesting concept, but it also hits on something else I think cyoas of this type could benefit from. The difficulty level. Some have complained that Comfy cyoas, particularly pocket dimensions, offer no challenge. Setting a tone and elements out of your control solves that issue in a decent way

A patted user is a healthy user.

But what if i want to do it too?

Literally why? Take one that's already made, boom, it will be the same.

How would you do difficulty, though? Maybe through a very limited pool of points, and drawbacks like "people will blame you personally for the Problem of Evil" for extra?

I had considered making a universe builder but put it on the backburner, but this conversation is making me reconsider.

But you don't. That's why you want clones to do it.
I don't know about you but if I were a clone and knew I was made to give the "real me" knowledge while he sits on his fat ass and he kills me when I'm done, I'd tell him to fuck right off.

>Create the whole universe
>Some sort of weird divine asshole decides to take all the merit
>The bastard is looked upon as the merciful god of all creation while they blame you for all the wrong in the world that you can't fix because you can't get to your god machine and the faggot doesn't know how to use it

>How good of a new universe do you decide to make, knowing you aren't really going to benefit from it in either way?

Most are going to be turbolewd, game worlds someone wants to live in, or turbolewd game worlds.

I think it would be a bit better with a variable difficulty level. Maybe give the player a few choices where they're a little better off, or at least a standard package. For example, you could have great magical potential, though you're still a nobody with no home or anything to your name but the clothes on your back. Or instead you could start off with your body going to the world's average fitness level, with at least enough of an ID that nobody in any official position is going to hassle you, and a cramped apartment with the bare minimum of furnishing.

I mean specifically as this one did it It’s not overly specific nor is it a drawback. The user calls it “dangerosity”, but I call it tone. How naturally awful or wonderful it may be.

I think drawbacks are a fair idea too, although I’d have think on specifics

Order > Pokemon Personified

I'm conflicted with the transportation options here.
I'm afraid of using the Portal option, because that literally leaves the door open for people in the real world to follow me into the made-up one, and for evil beings to follow me from the made-up one into the real world.

Dream is like whatever because the world isn't even technically "real", same with Virtual Reality. What's the point of getting so invested in a world you've created when it's literally not real and either completed constructed as a game or a dream? You'd just be a crazy person who rambles about their intensely vivid dreams or who spends more time in their virtual reality machine than in the real world.

Teleport is just silly. I don't want to raise both my fists and go "ABRA KADABRA" every time I wanna teleport somewhere.

>Universe builder
Sure beats most things made these days
Go for it!

en.shindanmaker.com/734391

Well Order does have the Italics canon best waifu in it.

>Take portal
>buy cinderblocks
>buy thick, steel door
>buy cement and rebar
>buy a shovel
>go innawoods, start digging, make a small concrete room with nothing inside
>cover everything up
>do your best to hide the door

Or you could do it in your basement, somewhere on your property, or if a friend or relative lets you make a "storm shelter" on their land to use. Whenever you want to change worlds, go inside that room and lock the door behind you, then open the portal. Do the same thing on the other end. If you can cover it with magical barriers and concealing magic, even better.

Nobody said it had to look silly. I'd put my fist against my flat hand, like some martial art style thing, and say whatever word in that African language with the clicking is represented by a single click.

Neato Burrito.

>Teleport
>Rare magic + Modernity + Grey
We urban fantasy
>Lower lewdness
Why isn't there a lower option included? There's the current level of sex, one higher than that and one higher than that. That's like if you didn't include an option for the setting to be in the past.
>Humans, fatnasy races
Again I think I messed up somewhere or this is too fast to run through

>Loyalty 4
Come on SDA how are you going to be a proper wiafu with that shitty loyalty?

I don't know if I'm a good waifu, and I care about this more than I know I should.

Loyalty: 6
Charm: 6
Housewife Capabilities: 1
Bedroom Skills: 2
Cuteness: 8

sounds about right

Seems about right except for the high bedroom skill and the housewife skill.

>Enter via teleport
I want to actually go to my world but Portals seem kind of impractical
>Common Magic
Fuck yeah
>World of Tomorrow
We are going to the Magitech Awesome Future
>Bright
I don't want to go full on comfy (I'd have gone different on magic and tech if I did) but I'd rather have a more optimistic world, where science and magic have done real GOOD for people
>Perfume of Eroticism
I really waffled on this choice, between Perfume and Average. On one hand, I don't really have more than average drive myself, on the other hand, a world with so much going on for it could probably do to have a little better understanding of sexuality and fewer weird hangups given magitech to negate unwanted consequences.

While not what I'd want for this world build, I feel like the "PURE!" Option (Sex is an intensely private matter and most people fairly vanilla and only willing to engate in the bounds of a relationship) is conspicuously absent.
>Humans, Fantasy Races, Aliens, and Droids
Humans I could go into detail on but suffice to say I'll be pillaging just about every phenotype known to Eurasia and rebalancing them a bit. Maybe I'll leave off Southern European. Or replace Southern European with American Indian. The fantasy races and aliens would come in a TON of varieties -- a few races of elves, dwarves, various people-with-animal bits like bird-winged humanoids or catfolk (not just catGIRLS, that would probably fall under lewd). Plus embassies from a few REALLY ALIEN aliens. Droids would have a full spectrum ranging from human-equivalents and technological full humans down to automatons without intellect or free will. It could probably get really confusing but basically all the levels of cyborg and mech are present.

I think I might hypothetically steal this, if you don't mind.

It's all yours.

I feel precious.

Who? Mittens?