yes

Aren't they all dead?

they're now turned into cyberzombies

>Alea iacta est
He'd fit right in.

>Elven republic is on the verge of being conquered by a foreign entity
>The nobles in the senate are unwilling and/or unable to do anything about it
>The army is disgruntled
>The stage has been set for a charismatic general to crash the republic with no survivors
He'd fit like a hand in a glove.

>Rather than stop the bandits, he becomes their drinking buddy, finds out where they hang out, then comes back the next day and crucifies them all.

He'd be fine.

well played, user

It's funny because both literal dice rolling, as well as "let's do it and see what happens"

Everyanon loves a good Latin pun

He would probably restore the not!roman empire from not!byzantium in a flash. Or be hired by the gnomes to establish greater gnomael

What are his starting conditions?
Setting is fantasy warhammer

He'd probably do pretty well unti lhe catches the attention of the Dreamers and then becomes ANOTHER Black Emperor.

He'd probably be revered as a god since the romans have been re-established. He would have to crucify the current emperor tho.

I'm a huge history nerd with a gigantic boner for guys like Caesar...

So he would have to compete with the 2 or 3 other guys that are already established doing things he does.

Everyone post your face when you realize his name was literally pronounced:

"Gai-yoos"
"Yoo-lee-oos"
"Kai-sar"

I refuse to accept that caeser was pronunced kaiser

No shit. I've known that longer than you've been alive.

...And?

Not kai-zer, but kai-sar.

You've known it for 33 years?

Because of reactions like I enjoy the fact that when people have a fundamental belief in the wrong pronunciation , hearing the correct pronunciation causes this little mini stroke. I love it.

He'd be a janitor

If he got over the language barrier I dare say he'd fit right in.

actually its
"EEL-ee-us"
the "j" was a french edition
Iulius

>You've known it for 33 years?
Damn right. There's a few of us oldfags on here.

You're right, but there is a light dipthong almost like a "(y)eel-ee-oos".

>19th century political game set in a large land empire undergoing civil war
:thinking:

> dude on the left is caesar
> dude second from the right is le short french conqueror
> dude far right is probably genghis khan
who the fuck is the dude second from the left?
jesus? jesus didn't have a guitar
wait, napoleon has a guitar too
i don't understand any of this

Yep. Learned that when I was 10 years old.

Genghis also has a guitar, and Caesar is holding drumsticks.

Where do you think the word kaiser comes from in the first place? Caesar refused to be addressed as king as he saw himself as a continuation of the republic under dictatorial rule (in the Roman sense, not in the modern "evil tyrant" sense). Same for the rest of his dynasty (and the dynasties that followed under at least Diocletian, but according to some until the 11th century AD). As such he and his successors were addressed in either one of two ways: by the family name of the first dynasty (Caesar) or by their military rank (Imperator = he who holds Imperium, or commander).

Because after the collapse everyone went full we wuz, everyone wanted to apply this shiny new Roman title to themselves. In Germanic and Slavic countries, this became a bastardization of Caesar's dynasty name (kaiser in German, czar in Russian) while the Romance languages used forms of the title Imperator. Hence Imperador in Spanish, Empereur in French and indeed Emperor in English.
>English isn't a Romance language though
Get FRENCH'D.

Aten?

>just a Yodotai menace
Well, looks like the GM wants us to fight Gaijin. That's completely fine by me.

Getting murderhobo'd

>setting has large bureaucratic empire inspired by china
>current dynasty is in decline and emperor is shitty ruler

Yea, he would probably fare pretty good and quite possibly made it to the throne again.

from left to right

Caesar
Jesus
Napoleon
Ghenghis Khan

>Eu tu dominus computatrum?

t. Caesar 4

My campaign actually has an Emperor in a distant land that is essentially Caligula.

>
Work on your image comprehension retard-user

Considering the noble houses are overthrown and most of the Last Empire is balkanized to fuck and back, probably not well. Caesar needed a power base to work with and it just aint there.

>Caligula
>Not Elagabalus

players would've killed him and looted his house the second they saw him

He'd get lost in the wilderness and eaten by wolves who can howl so loud that his brain hemmoraghes.

>Read Caesar's "The Conquest of Gaul"
>he regularly defeats armies 5x larger than his when his men are hungry and low on morale whilst the enemy are well fed and fighting for their freedom

Was caesar actually the smartest man alive or were gauls just fucking idiots?

>A brilliant politician and general
He'd probably do pretty well on the western side of the Big Fucking Mountain Range(tm), until he gets zoinked by the Shadowy Paladin UN(tm) who maintain the Weird Pseudo Medieval Status Quo. On the eastern side, he would kick ass and take names. Might even be able to give THE INDUSTRIALISED IDEALISTS a run for their money if he didn't end up leading them.

There was almost certainly some embellishment.

Has to be. Some battles he describes routing their entire force, killing tens of thousands, capturing thousands and chasing the rest away and he describes his own losses as "a few wounded"

De Bello Gallico is interesting, because it is possibly the most famous piece of propaganda ever written yet at the same time deemed a somewhat reliable source. First, keep in mind that Romans (and other classical civilizations) often inflated the size of their enemies by including women and children among their numbers. For example, if we believe Caesar's numbers for his battle against the Helveti, we'd have to believe that he exterminated their entire tribe. More likely he faced all the fighting age men of the tribe, and then inflated the number by listing the entirety of the tribe (including the young and the elderly).

Secondly, the Gauls weren't idiots. Vercingetorix most of the time did exactly what a reasonable and prudent commander would do (best example: Alesia). It's just that he faced motherfucking Caesar. Against any ordinary Roman commander, Vercingetorix would've most likely been the victor and perhaps drive the Romans out of Gaul permanently, containing them to the Eastern Mediterranean.

Ayyyy

Vercingetorix had a really smart plan for dealing with the romans, I do think he would've won but his men did not have the morale and training of caesar's men so couldn't hold their ground and follow orders like the romans.

Going after his supply lines was very smart, I don't think any other Gaul tried that, certainly not against caesar.

>Genghis Khan on bass

I need this.

He would be an absolute game changer.
The Cath (human trade empire that just invented trains) and the Riddari (city elves with complicated nobility and muh honor! knightly orders) have been clashing for centuries. Both sides exclusively use horse mounted cavalry and personal duels for small scale skirmish battles. Neither side can into long term or large scale engagements.

Bring in mother fucking Cesar and have him train and lead the military of one side and the other side will simply not be able to stop him.

>Be Caesar
>Get thrown into magic wanderness full of giant wolves
>Roman GLORIOUS aura of ROMANINESS makes wolf female pack leader feel obligated to nurture you with milk

He'll be fine.

I have to make a note here: Caesar is not his family name, but a (hereditary) nickname. His family name was Julius. So Caesar is the name of a certain part of the family of Julii.

I suppose he'd unite Tilea.

He'd make a better emperor than Shitmar honestly. I'd play the shit out of Age of Caesar.

>hereditary nickname
Is that a thing the Romans did? How does that work, and what makes it different from a family name?

Well, seeing how all future emperors after him would be given his name I'd say it was a title/honorific of sorts.

Also, he was sometimes referred to as Gai filius Iulius Casear with Gai filius meaning "Son of Gaius", since he was born into a noble family, so the name Gaius was passed down through the genrations.

Criminally underrated post

Why is Jesus there. He was a hippy. At least put Muhammad. He knew how to pacify and unite tribal goat fuckers.

You don't get it do you ?

Different user but I also don't get it, please explain.