So Veeky Forums my character is a rogue who has a huge love of animals. At one point in the campaign he saves a puppy...

So Veeky Forums my character is a rogue who has a huge love of animals. At one point in the campaign he saves a puppy, and ends up getting a familiar. This is partly because the dm knew I recently lost my dog, and decided to try and help me deal with his passing in game. After a while, the resident that guy gets pissed off because my character refused to give him an enchanted cloak. He tried to steal it IC and when my dog catches him, kills him. That guy made sure to make my character knew this, he went into enough detail that the dm told him to tone it down. He also knew perfectly well what this dog meant to me, even if it wasn't a real dog. Needless to say my character made a vow to ruin him. Now I'm not a vindictive person, but since he cares that much about his character, I want to do something that will really put him in his place before the dm kicks him, which the dm told me he plans to (this isn't the first time that guy's pulled this shit). Tell me Veeky Forums what should I do to his character?
>tl;dr that guy killed my character's dog for pretty reasons, and knew I was using that dog to deal with the loss of my real one. What should I do to repay him and his character before the dm kicks the fuck?

cut his balls off

as for what you should do in-game, I dunno

>What should I do to repay him and his character before the dm kicks the fuck?
The same thing we do with trolls on the Internet.

We ignore them and laugh silently as they become more and more upset that their antics aren't winning them any attention before finally throwing a temper-tantrum and leaving.

In afraid that requires me to be in a patient state, one in which I wouldn't normally derive pleasure from his cries of anguish. Besides, he threatened to punch the dm for not having the captain of the guard agree to get cucked by his pc, he never did, so I'm sure it'll be worth it to get vengeance

Bump

Dude it's just a game

Paralysis Poison, long duration, the kind that makes the target fully aware of what's happening but incable of acting. Then go ham.

Alternatively (or in addition to the above) if the guy cares so much about his character, ask the GM if there are any NPCs from his background that you can violently and grafically murder. And then ask a cleric to cast whatever resurrection spell is at hand and do it again.

how about you just kill his charecter ?

I mean if you claim he likes his character so much and that the DM is planning on kicking him out then killing his character would probably be the thing that would cause That Guy to snap into an autistic frenzy which will give you more then enough reason to kick his ass IRL and kick him out of the game.

Hmmm... maybe not outright attacking him, but letting him die? Like, if he needs help getting back on a ledge, maybe "accidently" not hold on tight enough.

Long live the king and all that.

While what says would likely be very satisfying, of your character is good maybe doing would be better for staying in character?

John Wick pls

I would at the moment have impaled him with my claymore.

But then I'm a buffed paladin. If you aren't a frontline class you should be more furtive about that.

Polymorph him into a sweetroll, then sodomize him.

fpbp
he enjoys cruelty to dogs: he needs some pain in his life

No, polymorph him into a dog. Then put him on a leash and take him for a walk.

What system and what setting?

The mature adult response is to tell him that wasn't okay and to confront him about being a cockmonger.
Who am I kidding, we aren't real adults here. Start crippling his character so that he can barely fight back, and kill him as slowly as mechanically possible.

Your rogue already vowed to kill his ass, why fuck about with being indirect. Put a dagger in his neck and demand an apology, then finish him for being insincere.

First off, make a clear idea of what his character likes and wha he does best

The act as to deny him ANY satisfaction. He likes to be the party's face, cut him off mid sentence. he likes being the beatstick, stal his kills. He like magic equipment, give him nothing. He likes to steal things, alert the guards, this kind of things.
Deny all his attempts of having fun. Make him feel useless
And of course never help him in combat

>rogue
Pick dagger, poison coat it, sneak attack him, GG.

If you want to be more sordid, do it while he sleeps. Easiest kills ever (unless for some weird reason you didn't invest in sneak).

Your DM is a retard for allowing this to happen in the first place. Hard rule, no PC aimed violence or manipulation unless it's part of the campaign as an actual thematic element. IE Paranoia, and everybody understands it and has a good time. This is absolutely unacceptable at anybodies table and ruins the game instantly.

Well the vow wasn't much of a "I'll kill you!" More of a "when you think you're safe, when you're happy and content, I'll make that joy turn to ashes in your mouth till you beg me to end your misery," sort of thing.

Something kind of like this

He's more of a gypsy Petyr Baelish type, as opposed to an assassin's creed guy
My dm has a live by consequences rule. If something happens, it happens, no changing that. Makes most of my group consider everything carefully, even that guy. I think the reason he thinks he can get away with it, is because I usually try and keep everything cool in the party, the one with the whole "we need each other whether we like it or not" mind set, and who tries to avoid drama. Though I see your point, I'm not sure why my dm didn't kick the shit sooner

>No, polymorph him into a dog. Then put him on a leash and take him for a walk.
You left out the part where he gives That Guy's character the Bob Barker treatment.

>My dm has a live by consequences rule. If something happens, it happens, no changing that. Makes most of my group consider everything carefully, even that guy. I think the reason he thinks he can get away with it, is because I usually try and keep everything cool in the party, the one with the whole "we need each other whether we like it or not" mind set, and who tries to avoid drama. Though I see your point, I'm not sure why my dm didn't kick the shit sooner

Yeah, but we aren't talking character agency at this point. We are talking about a faggot sitting at your table fucking with you over your dead dog. I probably would have told the guy to step outside it if had been me, and I wouldn't be talking in the game. Shit would have gotten real nice and metta with him fast.

A "game" isn't license to fuck with a person in real life.

Yea, this user is 100% in the right here.

At this point have a frank discussion with your DM and possibly other players about the problem player. Someone who will intentionally fuck with another player by bringing up their dead dog is a shit head and shouldn't be welcome at the table. The best vengeance will be not having to put up with him anymore.

I want to add a note to this, but don't get yourself in any legal trouble over something like this. I meant in the heat of the moment. I'm just saying that this kind of shit can quickly get out of hand fast. Also, meta gaming is always garbage, for any reason.

Tell the other players that That Guy's character is a psychopath (which shouldn't be hard to do, it seems everyone knows this already) and that they should gang up on him and either tie him up and leave him for dead, or just kill him.

Don't play the long game on this, just fucking end him ASAP. If the only thing keeping this dude at the table is the whole revenge plot then just merk his ass so he can get kicked out.

He wants an enchanted cloak? Give him an enchanted cloak. By which I mean a cloak cursed to the hells and back, but which exactly resembles the cloak he wanted. Work with the GM on just what kind of curses would absolutely cripple that fucknugget, then make sure you AREN'T the one to give him said cloak. Have one of the other party members say they talked you out of the cloak, and he shouldn't mention it to you.
Then sit on his spasming, soon-to-be corpse as all the curses wrack his body and crack open a brewski.

I just finished a talk with my dm. He's agreed to void the murder through deus ex machina, though next session we're still going to kill his character off and then kick him. Thanks for your suggestions, I'm going to try and enact as many of them in one session as is possible, and the other players agreed (one even wanted a shot at his character, before we finish up). I may be immature for still wanting to do this revenge plot on him, but I don't give a damn. Most everyone at our table has been itching to both kick his ass and kick him, this just was the straw to break the camel's back. I'll give an update on the bastard this Friday.