What is Exalted?

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1146968#post1146968
drivethrurpg.com/product/162590/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Wallpapers?src=newest
independent.co.uk/news/science/tall-men-likely-to-have-bigger-families-173262.html
vocaroo.com/i/s069YURUABuB
mediafire.com/?b54o6teut3fx6
drivethrurpg.com/images/4261/162590.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the "I forgot to name Exalted General — /exg/" edition.

Still comes up when you search Exalted in the catalog so no harm, no foul.

>Favorite dev ruling/infodrop from Ask the Devs thread (for now)?

In an attempt to get the ball rolling, the male slut-shaming aspect of 3E DB's tickles me in the right ways.

Infernals will have multiple Yozi patrons. That's awesome because it helps get around the conceptual baggage that would impede the mechanics because in this edition, in theory, the mechanics won't be designed solely to compensate for a broken base charmset and rules structure.

What do you anons like or not like about some dev rulings/infodrops

>In an attempt to get the ball rolling, the male slut-shaming aspect of 3E DB's tickles me in the right ways.

?

I don't follow the official forum. What is this about?

>slut-shaming
>>>/tumblr/

What is it with all the Exalted fics being Twilights?

>the male slut-shaming aspect of 3E DB's tickles me in the right ways.

Got a link to this? I've not been on the Dev thread for a few months.

>>Once the Essence of the Dragons is passed on through conception, it takes a lengthy period for the parent's progenitive potential to return to full strength. A male Dragon-Blood who went around siring a lot of bastards would be rightly seen as squandering his Essence on children unlikely to ever Exalt.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1146968#post1146968

That is, presumably, meant to help explain the relatively low birth rate among the Dynasty.

Definitely. I think it's also a way to complicate the whole process for drama purposes, which is cool.

Remember kids. If you are male DragonBlood, don't masturbate or participate in gay sex.

Also I like how they don't mention females having this problem. Sounds similar to real life. A guy needs to pay alimony for every child, reducing his wallet every time. Female can have as many children as she wants.

Fuck! This throws my carefully crafted system out of whack. Length of time between children, fuck at least someone asked about it.

>Once the Essence of the Dragons is passed on through conception, it takes a lengthy period for the parent's progenitive potential to return to full strength. A male Dragon-Blood who went around siring a lot of bastards would be rightly seen as squandering his Essence on children unlikely to ever Exalt.

This wouldn't slow any DB down at all, they're more than capable of affording a regular supply of maiden's tea. He specifically said conception, not ejaculation.

That's true. That being said, it's still a shift from the no consequences attitude of "seeding the threshold" of previous editions, even if not outright slut shaming.

>It's considered to take between twelve and twenty years for one's progenitive Essence to return to its peak. A child born before that isn't completely unable to Exalt, but it does hurt their chances, and they and their parents will face social stigma accordingly.

Well there goes those spreadsheets

it's the contrary tough, males can make children everywhere anywhere anytime, woman take at least 9 months between pregnancys, would make more sense that the males dragonborn use their essence to give birth to child but females as well, working like how biologically it works, half gene father half gene mother.

Pregnancy in Exalted lasts a full year, though doesn't it? And a year in Exalted lasts 15 months.

Well there goes those spreadsheets

Why should they? I mean in previous editions DB had no problem with exaltation. Problems started when they began producing children with mortals.

Not to mention that by 2ed there were 100 male DB and 9,900 carefully chosen mortal women. Cycle between pregnancies and breeding was around 2 years.

Each child exalted. Each child that exalted to be 1st DB female generation produced around 30 DB in their lifetime.

Ex3 had a shitty explanation and are looking around for easy way out of the problem. Not everything they say is pure gold.

As of Monday, Arms is in Proofing, the last stage before it goes to press. Do you think it will be out by Halloween?

Are you defending the 100 Male DB's 9900 women fluff? really?

The pony thing or the caste?

(Either are a possibility)

Solars exalt by being awesome. DB need to breed their numbers. What is fastest way to produce highest amount of children in smallest amount of time?

Sol exalted 300 Solars
Luna exalted 300 Lunars.
5 Maidens exalted 20 Sidereals each (100 total)
For some reason it is wrong to think that 5 terrestrial dragons could only exalt 100 DB and had to go with "breed the rest of the army".

Every non-social basement dweller who looks at the game, sees the casts picked out for being genii without peer and thinking "That's exactly what I would be if I were an Exalt" because they all know that they would never Exalt as any of the social or combat castes.

What Exalt would you be, user?

what else would you pick? dawns are ass except at the one thing they do, zeniths are good, but twilights are wizards and wizards kick ass.
eclipse is best caste but their caste skills are boring and they nerfed charmshare insanity.
therefore, twilight

also the "highly visible ninja" caste is sneaky enough I forgot they were there, otherwise weaboos would pick them

Caste

Eclipse can also be wizords too in 3e though

Is anyone willing to share the Fanfare for the Chosen music thing?

they both sparkle anyway, doesn't really matter

Is that the thing Kickstarter backers got a while ago or is it something new? Not at my computer currently but I can put up what I have when I am.

they're also icky and religious and preachy ;) I is an enlightened neckbeard yo

pretty sure its the thing from awhile ago, they never released part 2, which being the settings themes would have been far superior to what they thought of as the splat theme songs.

dragonbloods had the only good one

You're thinking of zeniths, probably.

It's actually on DRPG , along with a wallpaper thing.

Fanfare-for-the-Chosen-An-Exalted-3rd-Edition-Music-Suite

drivethrurpg.com/product/162590/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Wallpapers?src=newest

Absent more information on the social structure of the Realm, the whole Tepet Niruz 'forswearing gender' thing from the Tepet preview smacks of annoying virtue signalling, given that dynasts have been painted as fairly egalitarian in terms of being elementally empowered demigods capable of attaining basically any position in the Realm, socially, politically, or professionally.

I could see commoners and patricians having some pretty rigid gender roles, but dynasts already operate at a level of 'fucking you, I'm amazing' that is woven into the very fabric of their society.

yeah, thats the thing.

dragonbloods and anti-sids are the only ones that are good, and none of them really sound like a themesong for the splat. they reminded me of soulcallibur 3

>Absent more information on the social structure of the Realm, the whole Tepet Niruz 'forswearing gender' thing from the Tepet preview smacks of annoying virtue signalling, given that dynasts have been painted as fairly egalitarian in terms of being elementally empowered demigods capable of attaining basically any position in the Realm, socially, politically, or professionally.
Weren't Dynasts in 2e encouraged to act in a traditionally 'masculine' way because to do otherwise shows weakness or something, regardless of gender? Or was I misinterpreting stuff when reading Manual: DBs?

>more fluff at odds with previously established fluff

I'm getting the feeling no one writing 3E read anything about previous editions, in the same way no one writing 2E read anything about 1E. If they wanted to reduce the number of DB's overall, theres probably better ways to do it than "You splooge out all your magic from the tip of your dick when you knock up that hooker, so you have to wait a while to recharge your Jack-Off Crystal powers".

Anyone need some art while I'm around and bored?

>Anyone need some art while I'm around and bored?

Got any Chimerae? If not, just post whatever.

The people writing 3E were literally fucking writers for 2E you dolt. Stick to drawing pretty pictures and not to thinking. One is your strong suit and the other isn't.

Yeah, there was a whole sidebar that basically said it was fine for male dynasts to be gay, as long as they weren't feminine, and 'lay backing and think of the Realm' long enough to make some kids.

'What is not accepted in Dynastic culture, though, regardless of sexual orientation, is weakness in women or effeminate behavior in men. Such softness is never tolerated, and is often harshly ridiculed and even punished. Whatever else
they might be, the Terrestrial Exalted are warriors, and there is no room for those who assume effete mannerisms or deliberately portray themselves as “soft” in any way.'

It was pretty much ignored for the rest of 2E, and along with things like '100 male DBs, 9900 female DBs', explicitly thrown out for 3E.

We really don't know what direction they're taking with Dynast society for 3E - are women allowed to be soft, men aren't, and Niruz doesn't want to be bound to one or the other? Are gender roles the 'same' as 2E, and Niruz isn't rejecting gender, so much as dynastic warrior culture? Insufficient info.

even with more info it'll still be annoying virtue signaling, they'll just have reconnected everybody oppressive enough to justify it and probably use the excuse to shit on dragonbloods in general for being master race assholes or whatever.

I actually don't. Never used them in game, so I never bothered getting any images for'em. All the more impressive I guess, due to the number of images I have.

Here, have a pic a player sent me of what they wanted their character to look like. I told him it looked pretty gay. You guys can be the judge if that assessment was correct.

Guess that explains it then, they couldn't read in the first place.

>it'll still be annoying virtue signaling

Really wish politics could be kept out of fucking RPG background writing of all things.

>100 male DBs, 9900 female
wouldn't it have been easier to just make them lay eggs?

super gay

>adding even more fetishwank
>to Exalted

Something might've broke.

Speaking of DB breeding, i never understood the bloodlines are getting weak fluff.
i know exaltation isn't supposed to be fully genetic but if it behaves in any way like genetic traits (like the breeding merit did in 2e) then the bloodlines would be getting stronger.
There's just to much of an advantage to exaltation

Do police keep a list of all sex offenders in a folder and call it the pedo-file? because if they don't they should.

that's a pretty rich peasant

the dragon blood is getting thinner.

It started at maximum power. then contagon killed the strong ones and they've been rebuilding form the barely exalted carriers. It had to be weak before it can get stronger, maybe it will be now that traces of dragonblood is practically everywhere.

You forgot to account for bottlenecks.

>the dragon blood is getting thinner.
and i'm saying that doesn't make sense

blond pigtails wants the shiny pen.

why is foureyes losing to a doll?

I want the red oni unicorn toy, but the angry little nesting doll is good too.

pigs make good pets.

that's some Samara shit going on with that painting.

did that little boy just casually remove somebody's corset? and I thought just draping my arm across her shoulders after the fake yawn was smooth

It's fantasy genetics, man. Like elves and half elves in popular fiction. Being half elf means you pretty much got shafted from an elf point of view, you're some half retarded probably sterile mule, while being full elf means you get to live forever and be the bestest at everything.

Same with DB's. They diluted their magical super special Mary Sue blood and now it's all fucked and most don't even care they just want to keep sticking it to their hot mortal maid.

Take One Aryan Superman. Drop Him In A Pygmy Village And Somehow Make Them Not Eat Him And/Or Make Him God Like C3Po. His Children Will Be Half Pigmy. Their Children Will Be 75% Pigmy, It Will Be Generations Before Inbreeding Is Feasible So For Awhile No Matter How Adventagous Being Over 6Ft Of Pure Awesome Might Be His Descendants Will Have Thinning Blood. Sure...Eventually Those Traits Might Get Selected For, But We'Re Not There Yet With Dragonbloods. Lost Eggs Are Only Just Getting To The Point Where His Blood Is Widespread Enough That Random Kids Are Born With Blond Hair For No Apparent Reason.

>writers for 2e
Not really the way I'd describe a pack of idiots (one of whom doesn't actually play rpgs) who lurked on the forums and wrote up shitty 'fixes' that made the system worse, and then were allowed to write the last few, absolutely terrible, books for 2e (which *also* read as if nobody involved with them had ever opened up an Exalted book before) because nobody at WW could be bothered to give a fuck about the line by that point. Seems like you're leaving out a few key points.

what is kid with bird on head petting?

>TOASDHIAPVASMTNEHAOMHGLCHCWBHPTCWBPITBGBIIFSFANMHABOOPAMBHWHTBSETTMGSFBWRNTYWDLEAOJGTTPWHBIWETRKABWBHFNAR
....I don't see the hidden message.

It makes sense. Genetics works in a way that both parent's genetic codes are trying to accommodate the flaws of the other. That is why inbreeding is bad. Genetic codes are to similar and they don't complement each other. So chance of certain diseases actually increases.

With that being said imagine that DB works the same way. If both parents are DB you will get a DB baby. But when they started making children with regular mortals there is a threshold how much your genetic code can fix. Now your child (who has diminished power) does the same thing and goes to bang mortals. Repeat this through generations and see what happens.

Take One Aryan Superman. Drop Him In A Pygmy Village And Somehow Make Them Not Eat Him And/Or Make Him God Like C3po. His Children Will Be Demi-Pigmy. Their Children Will Be 75% Pigmy, It Will Be Generations Before Inbreeding Is Feasible So For Awhile No Matter How Adventagous Being Over 6Ft Of Pure Awesome Might Be His Descendants Will Have Thinning Blood. Sure, Eventually Those Traits Might Get Selected For, But We'Re Not There Yet With Dragonbloods. Lost Eggs Are Only Just Getting To The Point Where His Blood Is Widespread Enough That Random Kids Are Born With Blond Hair For No Apparent Reason. Many Generations Left Before Everybody Is Superman Is Possible. Doesn'T Matter How Positive His Blood Is For Fitness. Doesn'T Matter How Shitty Pigmys Are By Comparison Or What Pressures They Face. Compared To His Time Aryan Bloods Are Declined And Still Far From Even 5Th Gen Bastard Level Has Returned. Besides Who Says Pigmies Don'T Breed Faster, Or That Extra Danger Faced By Being Biggest And Strongest Tribal Champion Handling Tasks Nobody Else Can And Reaching The High Shelves Don'T Counter The Selection Pressure For Tallness?

>But when they started making children with regular mortals there is a threshold how much your genetic code can fix.
what does that even mean
that's not how genetics work

From generic to adorable. Just look at that energetic pose and smooshable face. (and that muscular neck)

Pretty sure that specific example has more to do with a shift in breed standards humans intentionally selected for than "zomg inbreeding u guyz!!!"
>did that little boy just casually remove somebody's corset? and I thought just draping my arm across her shoulders after the fake yawn was smooth

That is a sleeve.

Genetics work that way.

few quick examples: White person and black person make a baby. What is babies color? It can be white, black or somewhere in between. You can even have siblings that are different skin color. Tall person and short person make a baby. How tall will be the child? It can be tall, short or somewhere in between. Some children look like their parents because genetic code is stronger. There are families where every single child look similar as hell. Look at Kirk Douglas and Michael Douglas. Baldwin family. Those are examples of dominant genetic code.

Now if both parents are DB there is almost a certainty exaltation will be passed on the child. If only one parent is DB there is a chance child wont exalt because that part of genetic code loses its dominance. It gets weaker. Also some children will exalt no problem.

Now repeat this process through the generations and you will see weakening in DB genetic code. This isn't something that happened over night. It happened over few thousand of years of DB fucking around. Shogunate was around 1000 years old. Scarlet Empire is another 800 years.

the traits you're talking about don't have any special advantage, at least in the modern world, while exaltation is an enormous advantage in creation.
Exalts will have more children and provide better for them than regular people (on average) so they'll have a big advantage even if they don't exalt.
THe ones that do exalt will also be able to have more children and provide better than them even compared to their non exalt siblings, let lone regular people, so the ones with stronger blood will slowly increase in number compared with the non exalt population

that's like thinking smart people would eventually be the dominant population, when in fact smart people stop after .6 kids on average and dumb people are having 20 as some kind of poorly thought out welfare scam

politics and soldiering and saving creation from yet another apocalypse are dangerous in ways that having a farm in the middle of nowhere special with 12 kids to run it for you isn't. the odds of getting eaten by rakasha or turned into soulsteel has to be way higher for selection pressure to make everybody dragonblooded.

I've been autistically working on a DB genetic system for a while now. You guys wanna hear about it? It'd be pretty long.

creation isn't the modern world
for most of out history people were selected for resistance to plagues and famine
When a famine or regular plague happens that wipes out a much of the population guess which people are pretty much immune to it in creation

We are actually seeing a dominant population in modern day, and that is tall men because women find them more attractive
independent.co.uk/news/science/tall-men-likely-to-have-bigger-families-173262.html

Well, do you have the wallpaper thing or the music thing (the latter's link didn't get copied over properly, but it's not that hard to find)?

sure. Thread is slow. Anything interesting is fine.

Average height of men are still in 1,75-185m (5ft9in - 6ft1in).

Women prefer attractive men. Height is a bonus.

only this one vocaroo.com/i/s069YURUABuB

>vocaroo.com/i/s069YURUABuB
Yeah that is only good one. You should better go onto youtube and search for ancient asian music.

>Women prefer attractive men. Height is a bonus.
Yes but tall good looking guys are more attractive to women than short good looking guys

short, ugly, fat man with fat wallets win the race unless they are in competition with tall, attractive rich guys.

Is there no link floating around for the music suite? I just made this one, does it work?

mediafire.com/?b54o6teut3fx6

However, women's preferences are mostly a positional good; men's are not a positional good. [cite: that famous OkCupid study]

It works. >> Here you go man. Someone was nice to upload it.

Just wallets win the race really. You can be shortest dicked manlet who got clubbed over the head by the ugly tree, but if you've got a bank account, bitches will be jumping to suck your cock like your cock jizzes chocolate.

yes women like more than one thing but that doesn't mean they don't count
we mentioned
>looks, height and wealth
In importance they probably go
wealth>looks>height but
Wealth isn't genetic and it's also hard to compare how rich people are compared to the past because of the advancing technology
Looks are hard to define and measure which means it's also hard to compare how good looking people are today compared to the past
Height on the other side is easy to measure and easy to compare

yeah, but science also says tall men are paid better on average

>in the past

isn't 90+% of that provably just from better nutrition though?

Is it normal for me to still enjoy designing and making charms for unique MA trees even though I haven't played Exalted in nearly a decade?

thing is nutrition also influenced human height on the genetic level
the taller you are the more food you require so when food is scarce short well fed people are more successful that half starved tall people

A single person with interest is all I need.

I've set this up much like how genes work despite magic and what not but it still serves as a good means of generational descent which is absolutely what the Dragonblood Exaltation does.

The idea is that the Dragonblood inheritance is not wrapped up in a single gene but is polygenic much like skin color which a previous poster referenced. Each gene can either express as mortal or Dragonblood, much like a hair gene could express brown or blond (red being a second gene). With each gene that expresses as Dragonblood the chances of that person Exalting increases.

After some playing around I settled on 10 genes to get the nice bell curve I wanted but may have to change that with further testing. This creates an 11 point scale, going from 0 DB expressing genes to 10 DB expressing genes. These are roughly analogous to 2e Breeding multiplied by 2. Breeding 1 is roughly 1-2 genes, Breeding 2 roughly 3-4 genes etc.

The curve I developed for the Exaltation rates had 0 genes being of course a 0% and 10 being a 100% chance. 5 expressing pairs gave about 50%, being the middle however was not a smooth climb. 1 expressing pair was about a 1% or 2% chance of Exalting, going from 1 to 2 a larger jump with 4 to 5 being the largest jump. On the other end while 10 expressing genes was 100%, 9 expressing was 98%. So you really want to get to 5 expressing genes, with each gene after it giving a smaller and smaller increase.

>Continued

Onto the actual alleles, or traits themselves.

>m
The mortal gene, every mortal has 10 genes all composed of mm before the Dragonbloods existed. It is dominant towards "t".
>t
The Dragonblooded gene most common in the Age of Sorrows. It is recessive "m" meaning a child would need two "t" alleles or "tt" for that gene to express as Dragonblooded.
>L
The (for the most part) lost legendary breeding allele. It is dominant over "m" and every original Dragonblood Exalted by the 5 Dragons had a full set of 10 "LL" genes.

I had to come up with the "t" vs "L" distinction to reconcile two large parts of DB lore. First, it took quite a few generations of DBs breeding with Mortals for them to notice that their gift could be lost. If "t" was the only allele present at the beginning the very first offspring from a DB/mortal cross would have been 10 "mt"s, with "m" being dominant over "t" that would mean 0 expressing DB genes and a 0% chance to Exalt, clearly not the case. However, the second bit of lore which is vital to the setting is the idea that almost every mortal has some of the Dragon's blood and it can lay dormant, slowly pooling in a population until finally someone Exalts. How else could this happen unless the Dragonblood allele was recessive?

>Continued

this looks way more in-depth than i expected
this is my kind of autism. keep up the good work!

Thank you! I do try.
My solution was the "L" allele, dominant over "m" it would have meant the first generation of DB/mortal children would still be guaranteed to Exalt, 10 "Lm"s are all DB expressing leading to a 100% Exaltation chance. As long as those children married back into the full "LL" population, which they likely did since there was a large stigma over fraternizing with mortals in the beginning, they would still have a 100% chance of their children Exalting. The problems would only arise once the "mm" pairs became present enough in the population to whittle away at the Exaltation chances until someone didn't Exalt.

Whenever a child with "L" alleles fails to Exalt all their "L" alleles mutate into the now very common "t" allele, turning recessive and hiding the Dragon's blessing under their mortal blood. This would have taken some time, more than enough for the 1st Age DBs to fuck themselves over. Because of this rule, the only way for a DB to have an "L" allele is to come from an unbroken chain of Dragonbloods all the way back to the original 10,000 making it almost impossible to find nowadays but reconciling the two conflicting bits of lore. While also adding a neat way to make yourself that extra bit more special snowflake.

With this system it's very difficult to get to Breeding 9 or 10 requiring very long lines of DBs with good breeding and only a single low breeding person to fuck it up. However, it's possible, though highly unlikely that two completely mortal parents who themselves had 0% chance of Exalting have a kid with Breeding 10. Both could be 10 "mt"s and yet have a 10 "tt" child. A 0.000095% chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Onto Aspects!
>Continued

Aspects were another tricky case because they appear to be genetic to some extent, families are often of the same aspect but a simple dominance chain on a single gene wouldn't give what I wanted. And the for Realm at least, aspect purity is conflated with blood purity with them believing that if both your parents were Fire and you're a Water, you're blood must not be very pure. A fact specifically called out as false but an interesting one when it comes to marriages.

For Aspects I split them across two separate genes to get a better spread and naturally split them into 5 different alleles, each with their own chain of dominance that is mostly logical.

>Fire
Dominant to: Air, Wood
Recessive to: Water, Earth

>Earth
Dominant to: Fire, Air
Recessive to: Water, Wood

>Water
Dominant to: Fire, Earth
Recessive to: Wood, Air

>Air
Dominant to: Water, Wood
Recessive to: Earth, Fire

>Wood
Dominant to: Water, Earth
Recessive to: Fire, Air

Most of these make sense, Fire burns Air and Wood. Wood grows in Earth and Water, that sort of thing. Some are less so but close enough. With my system, each gene expresses the allele that is dominant. A Fire/Air pair would express Fire for example. After that however, the two dominant alleles from each gene see which one if dominant. This can lead to some interesting situations.

An example, a child is born with the following alleles on the specific genes:
>Aspect Gene 1: Fire/Water
>Aspect Gene 2: Earth/Wood

On gene 1, Fire vs Water, Water wins. On gene 2 Earth vs Wood, Wood wins so we have this:

>Aspect Gene 1: Expressing Water
>Aspect Gene 2: Expressing Wood

Water now goes against Wood to see which one ultimately expresses, with Wood winning. This child would be a Wood Aspect.

>Continued

Despite having 4 of the 5 Elements in their genetic makeup, this kid is gonna be a Wood Aspect. An interesting note, if the Water and Wood were swapped you'd have a completely different Aspect! Fire would beat Wood, Water would beat Earth and then Water would beat out Fire giving a Water Aspect. Such unpredictability would have a definite impact on who would want to marry who since, as I said earlier, the Realm believes Aspect purity corresponds to blood purity, though this may not be the case in 3e since we don't have the Realm or DB book yet.

If it is true however, Dragonblooded would rarely WANT to marry a Dragonblood of their opposing elements, almost a guarantee that their children would not share their Aspect and thus be considered less "theirs". Because of this the large incentive would be to marry your own element, virtually guaranteeing that your child will share an Aspet with you, while marrying an Aspect you dominant being a close second.

Such behavior should create relatively large pockets of the two dominated elements with a Great House. While Cathak is known for being Fire it is likely that a decent number would be Wood and Air since those alleles would be more present in their genetic history due to a higher amount of marriage with those elements. Making Cathak doubly attractive to other Fire aspected Houses.

art was bad enough in the books not sure why I'd buy wallpaper. do they at least give thumbnails of exactly what you'll be getting?

yes. seek help.
also post your charms, since I know you wanted somebody to ask

drivethrurpg.com/images/4261/162590.png

Anyone got advice on making the idea of ruling dramatic and compelling? One of the issues i'm having is getting players to care.

Normally they would be avest to consequences or something but they just kind of really dont seem to care. To them they got the kingdom and cant seem to think of anything else. and I really dont want to crack open a "creation is dying plot"

Show them the earnest results of them ruling. If they're doing something good, make a show of the peasants (or whoever) praising them in the street or whatever. If they're doing poorly, reflect it in the shitty, downtrodden streets, crime, etc.

"Show, don't tell" is the operative phrase in all of this.

if they don't really want the kingdom just appoint a (reasonably loyal dragonblooded) regent, slap on a couple dots of resources and more than that as backing, and go conquer another!

Lets just say they have been doing a pretty shit job (One literally Great Cursed in the middle of a trade deal... Ambassador kind of lost head)

Would open rebellion be a good plot point. Maybe have some realm shenanigans taking advantage of them busy with shit?

they're solar pcs. they'll run it into the ground while being praised. bonus if the peasant praising them gets stabbed mid sentence only for his mugger to pick up where he left off and hand over their vig.