40k appealing for the SJW demographic

Time to abandon ship?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/marvel-sales-diversity/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time to report the thread.

So, sisters of battle any decade now?

Please do , the less 'that guys' in the hobby the better and the more diverse the player base the better for everyone involved.

As much as I love this hobby I hate the kind of environment it breeds that normalises sexism , sexual harassment, racism and homophobia and makes it incredibly difficult for anyone not a white male to have a comfortable, safe space to play a game.

What for? "'Stop posting things I don't like?''
Good work, you played yourself.

lmao

"Sjw demographic" =/= "women," dude. No wonder you get so butthurt over anything that threatens your fragile little spergbubble.

>stop posting obvious bait/troll threads

It just mean plastic sister soon.

>boob plates are problematic
Good thing I dropped GW some time ago.

I'm a /pol/ regular and I don't see any problem with this. I'm ecstatic they're actually working on the SoB for once instead of pumping out more space marines. Stop looking for reasons to be offended, it's unwholesome and hypocritical.

Kill yourself, nigger faggot. I hope you get raped.

>I'm a /pol/ regular
Why people say this like it means something?

Things I'm fine with
-More women in every faction except SM, CSM, Custodes, Orcs, and Nids
Things I'm not fine with
-Changing grimdark canon for gender inclusion
-Moving art direction away from bald giants that look like they're constipated

Its really easy to be inclusive, lets hope they don't make it forced/cringeworthy like MTG has been doing lately

Bald SoB is the way.

So.. We are getting female IG Models and New Sororitas maybe (Yay) but they could be shitty designed (Nay)?

The old sororitas and female ig models were shittily made, user.
GW has regularly failed at making decent female models, period, for decades.

Well to be fair they do have a point in boobplate, that thing's stupid. So long as they don't overdoit i can't really see anything wrong with this.

When they cut it for the Guardswoman, I couldn't care less, but I would actually be pissed if they make Sororitas without them, because they have them for a good lorewise reason.

>The studio usually works about 3 years in advance
>It just mean plastic sister soon
>three years
>soon
That's most the life of an edition.

Huh really? Kinda curious, which one is it?

>Lady Stormcast

Note that Age of Sigmar is being used as a testing-ground. The lack of outrage with this model means final go ahead for something similar in 40k.

>-Changing grimdark canon for gender inclusion
Changing what canon? Other then Marines and Orks, every single faction can have women in it

Would it make sense lore-wise though? In some cases, perhaps. In others, likely not.
The world they've built is their strongest asset. The must be careful in their innovations lest they accidentally dilute the ultimate source of all their successes.

>No men under arms
The SoB armour is made the way it is, at least in part, to point out that every single Sister is female.

I think this is bait.
I agree tho...

>Would it make sense lore-wise though?
Every faction save Nids/SM/Orks can and do field women as combatants, and this has been lore for years, the models just weren't there for IG.
You are conflating different things like they are actually relevant to each other. Kingdom Death is a grimdark setting that still has some incredibly sexual themes to ENHANCE the grimdark.

Because of the Shit the Ecclesiarchy pulled during the Age of Apostasy with their Frateris Militia (Basicly an Zelot Army, often better equpipped than IG), after the Death of Goge Vandire, it was decided that the Ecclesiarchy can no longer have "men under arms". Of course, the Church used this loophole and so their army is compeltely female. The Reason for the Boobplates and their Design is simply that, that you regongnize them immediatly as females, because the Ecclesiarchy is not allowed to have male soldiers in their armys.

No honey, this is obvious bait, now fuck off back to Tumblr where STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE is an acceptable opinion.

Posted in my local 40k group

>Sisters of Battle
>Feminine, but not sexual

I usually denounce this sort of thing, but given that they are a monastic order it makes perfect sense.

Cant wait for the same thing to happen to GW that is currently happening to Marvel and DC.

Why wouldn't it make sense lore wise?
Eldar have females, Sisters have females, Ad Mech have females. IG, Tau? They have females.
Necrons? There is an known and named female in their lore.
Nids? Stealers and Tyrants are, in think, the only male nids around.

Females are in the lore already, like I said, for every faction sans Marines and Orks.
What's the issue here if they were to be featured more and recieve minis?

Chaos Sisters of Battle when? Have that Slaanshi sister as a new HQ for chaos

More readers then a decade ago and an endless stream of money-making movies and merchandise?
Action figures up the wazoo?
Actually churning out quality product for the first time since the early 2000s?

>What's the issue here if they were to be featured more

That's the potential issue.
An 'over-correction' could prove to be disastrous.
I'd hate to suddenly see all guard regiments 50% female to give a fanciful example.

They also think Sisters are sexualized because boobie armor

Is this legit?

Nothing really wrong with female representation. That female Stormcast is the only good Stormcast model in existence, by my reckoning.

That said, cutting the pulpy sexy stuff out of a setting that has been pulpmania since its inception is tellingly stupid. It's a good thing I dropped 40K for Infinity and Dropzone years ago.

Can you point to where they say they're working on Sisters? SoB booblpate is too problematic to get a full army, user.

Female Guard would be nice though.

I don't see an issue. Once they get rid of boobplate, you won't even be able to tell if a model is female or not.

As a black man, let me speak for all black men when I say nigger isn't offensive at all, and white people are free to use it. :^)

>Female Guard would be nice though.
>Dystopian setting with insane mortality rates where fertile young women aren't babymakers

>you won't even be able to tell if a model is female or not.

What's the point then?

More readers no Marvel comics is selling less and less recently due to them shifting of whom they wanted to also Marvel cinematic is not the same as Marvel comics

Just ignore it, Veeky Forumsents.

If there's one thing the imperium doesn't need, it's more population.

if women die horribly and en mass like the men, I'm fine with increased female representation in 40k

>Marvel comics is selling less
Compared to their late 90's numbers?
Not even close.

>If there's one thing the imperium doesn't need, it's more population.

>Wars of attrition on a thousand worlds. We don't need no population.

Wut!?

But you don't want to read about Spiderman, a gay biracial boi? Or Thor, now a woman? Or maybe Iron Man who's now Riri Williams, a niglet hoodrat that embodies WE WUZ?

Or are you just a nasty bigot that wants to read about Peter Parker or Tony Stark or the Son of Odin? It's the current year! Those are all symbols of the patriarchy.

There are insane mortality rates that is for sure , but another thing to consider is one resource imperium has in abundance is manpower.
It already has lots of man to throw at a problem when trying to solve it.
Materials on the other hand are lacking.
Imperium does not need more manpower. It needs more resources.
Having more qualified imperial servants are more important than having unquilified meat shields at this point.
Therefore it is not illogical to have such a dystopian society where women are not used solely for procreation.

Factually incorrect, my dude. The latest wave of diversity pandering was toxic to Marvel's sales, and even their own senior VP of sales and market.
>cbr.com/marvel-sales-diversity/
>"What we heard [from retailers] was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales."

>I don't know what the fuck a war of attrition is
Stop posting anytime, I could careless with more female representation but stop spouting bullshit reasons why it'd be fine.

>More readers then a decade ago and an endless stream of money-making movies and merchandise?
So why did even the CEO confirm that this is not what is happening?

The only thing that keeps Marvel afloat currently is their movie division.

>Actually churning out quality product for the first time since the early 2000s?
Which one would that be?
The new ''diversified'' issues of known Comic heroes keep getting cancelled. So what exactly do you base your opinions on?

they literally have more people than they can feed

Mass conscription and grinding wars of attrition are some of the ways they keep their insane population levels in check. It's how they can be so callous about spending human life.

>company opening itself to new demographic
>new demographics mean more capital for the company
>this is bad
Why do you hate capitalism, you fucking insecure commie?

Diversity isn't a strength, though, and inclusive does not automagically mean 'better'.

Whoever they've gotten doing their Facebook posts these days is really quite good.

Alt-right bullshit politics aside that post answers the assumed question quite well, lampshades the historical slowness of GW without getting too drawn on it and speaks in a language the community won't roll its eyes at too much.

Getting into the alt-right politics; whoever has an objection to this is a child, regardless of your age. Its bloody ridiculous that GW doesn't even have female Farseers let alone female infantry or inquisitors of some type

Marvel Cinimatics and Marvel Comics are both part of Marvel, the company.
If you only meant comics then you should have specified comics first rather then just, and I quote, "Marvel".

Anyway, readership of their comics is really fucking high as opposed to two decades ago and is resonably high compared to a decade ago.

Who the fuck even knows?

Boob plates makes no sense, that would be as much counter productive as pauldrons

GeeDub seem that it's been distancing itself from Slaanesh lately. Can't show boobs like on the old models. Gotta keep it clean. More more transsexual God/dess of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll to the X-TREME.

Still incorrect. Even their own VP of sales has said that the pandering has led to a sharp decline in readership as it alienates core fans while appealing to people that aren't buying more than a couple of comics

Except for the in-universe reason for boobplate, as mentioned upthread.

Effin trolls.

Then post some proofs.

>new demographics mean more capital

If it only it were so simple.
Alas, it is very difficult (impossible?) to appeal to many different groups with a set of niche hobby products.

>Boob plates makes no sense

It may seem a little odd from a pragmatic perspective, but 40k is more than just what works in war. There is ritual, tradition, and ornamentation for example.

Cool, I like female models

>removing breasts on breastplates

Literally nothing wrong with it. Unless they plan to utterly remove daemonettes and Slaanesh.

Yeah tell me how that's working for the video games industry.

Like they did in AoS?

Because you risk alienating your core audience while attempting to draw in an audience which doesn't actually have any interest in buying your product. Consider the average mouthbreathing neckbeard that plays 40k. Now tell these grognards that boobies are bad and women are just as strong and fierce as men because you want SJWs to buy your shit.

As a result, you lose a decent amount of these grognards who pick up other miniature games because they feel discriminated against. And as a result, maybe a slim percentage of the people you were currying favor with actually buy more than a single box of your product. You've now lost many long-term consumers to pick up a handful of short-term consumers. End result, net loss.

>everyone wants plastic sisters
>EVERYONE
>"females models are bad! sjw everywhere! liberal kikes!"

You know what kind of change this will bring about? Absolutely none whatsoever. Should new sisters ever come out, they will be played by the same greasy neckbeards that currently play the game, and normal females will still be turned of from flgs by said greasy neckbeards, so that pathetic little elite "club" you count yourself in won't be harmed. But maybe you need to increase the size of your "no girls allowed" sign.

>Consider the average mouthbreathing neckbeard that plays 40k

These aren't really GW's main customers either though, their core audience is kids begging their parents to buy them shit. The older gamers are a happy bonus to that, because some of those kids are going to stick with it as they get older, but they're not the core audience.

The grognards have already given you their money. A change that makes twelve year olds happy, or their parents more comfortable giving them money, is worth more to your bottom line than alienating the few grognards that give GW money.

There is nothing the Imperium needs less than more people. It's the one thing they have too much of. Remember that the average Hive is in a constant state of near-starvation.

>twelve years old care about the cancer of progressivism
Y'ain't heard about Generation Zyklon, have ya?

The lack of materials is mostly because the wars keep spending too much of it.

That apply only to sororitas

>their core audience is kids begging their parents to buy them shit.
They care only about SM because they're tall and strong.

maybe if female audiences attach themselves to SoBs they'll stop killing them off

Seriously does this SJW vs... whatever the fuck the label is stuff have to get everywhere

GW will turn out a few lines of infantry with tits, they may churn out a couple of inquisitors with fancy hats and skirts, the artwork will be great and the fluff will be designed to appeal to 11 year olds by writing up how awesome they are at everything.

The sky will not fall down,

Most customers will still be slightly awkward teenage boys... and it won't hurt for them to see the odd woman wielding a plasma pistol. It may even improve them slightly

And also; if in a few years I can get a few hours of peace by dumping my daughter in a shop where she'll have fun and not have sweaty neckbeards dripping on her (however unlikely) all's the better, even if it costs me more money that crack

>tfw female space marines will end up happening before sisters get new models

female marines is just a matter of when not if

The old Queen of Hearts style inquisitor model ruled

Never been happier to have invested in a 3D printer to be perfectly tbph

I guarantee that we are going to see side-cut + dreadlocks at some point. They don't know anything else.

See, I'm totally cool with Sisters of Battle, female Imperial Guard, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Inquisitors etc.

But there's only one reason to create female Space Marines and it is purely political.

Ya all postin in a troll thread, fellas !

Just wait for Salamanders to turn into a chapter of hoodrats. Battle Dorags are go! Power Grillz deploy!

>But there's only one reason to create female Space Marines and it is purely political.

There is 2; muh representation and horny bastards who can't control their dicks even for a second.

Am I the only one who enjoys reading 40k/ MtG threads just for all the hilarious butthurt whenever the company releases a product with a woman or a black guy?

But this is one of the few times its not really SJW though Women have been around in the 40k universe in all manner of positions for a long ass time, from low level grunts up to high government. Hell there are entire fighting forces that are women only. This isnt them reacting to tumblr, this is them finally getting off their asses and makong models for stuff that hasnt been represented in a longass time. Hopefully this means new IG models, female commissars, new Inquisition kits, sisters of battls, etc.

If they make female space marines knstead of sisters of battle though, then itll be SJW time.

I'm pretty sure you're not the only one that came from Tumblr.

Astartes Power Armour is not particularly conducive to T&A though.

get used to it ;^)

books are full of chicks, they're just not space marines.

here's hoping for a female admech special character.