How humans are in relation to other races in your setting?

How humans are in relation to other races in your setting?
What reason they have to not be slave of others races(are they generic humans or they have something special about them?)?

Writers bias.

Humans in my setting are free, or so they think. All the nobility and royalty are elves, though. The humans are by far the most populous race and it would be difficult to enslave all of them. The elves took over by utilizing their long lives to gain political foothold and then political power that they won't give up. Or so, again, the humans think.

They're the only playable race, because I don't play DnD and it's toilet-bowl-full-of-vomit of "original character donut steel" snowflake races. If you can't make a human character interesting or compelling, you can't write a good character, deal with it.

In before retards start screeching "MALE HUMAN FIGHTERS ONLY!"

>that spoiler

No, your idiocy runs far deeper than that. If you think playing or writing a nonhuman character = not being able to play/write a good character, you're just super retarded.

If you elf character stops being interesting the moment you take away the fact that she's an elf, she's a shit character. Same thing if she's some retarded half-dragon, half-angel, half-demon, half-vampire rainbow colored atomic snowflake who's parents are Time and Space.

But whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your characters needing to be the most unique and quirky and different.

They're the weakest player race, but most prolific. Also, the most normal, from our point of view.

Objectively correct.

While it's possible to play other races as good characters, I'm gonna have to agree with these anons... kinda. Like I said, it's possible, but 9 times out of 10 people just do it because they want whatever free powers the race has, a longer life span, or some aspect of "specialness", rather than wanting it for any kind of meaningful or well-developed character reasons.

All of my races are human races (granted fantasy human races so gold skin and yellow eyes and white hair and shit) who are more or less biologically similar. Their main differences are in culture and at times countries dominated by a specific race have gained supremacy but like all empires their countries inevitably collapsed. Right now there isn't any real dominant race, although one of the races is a bit more widespread since their empire dominated the region and collapsed just 100 years ago.

Gone, they never existed in the first place, same for dwarfs and elfs

>If you elf character stops being interesting the moment you take away the fact that she's an elf, she's a shit character.

No shit. Boring characters are boring? Whoever would have thought that?

If your human character stops being interesting the moment you take away the fact that he or she's human, they're also a shit character.

Way to move them goal-posts, huh?

Like I said, whatever helps you justify the fact that you HAVE to play something special and different or else the DM is the worst thing in the world and also retarded because he won't let you have your atomic rainbow snowflake.

What kind of retarded logic is that? I can't think of any character to whom being human is an integral part. But plenty of half-shits, tieflings and lizardpeople, whose race is not only the core aspect of their character, but also the only aspect of their character.
Did you just say this bullshit to cleverly turn his argument back on him? Because it doesn't work, when the human is the basic template, and every other race is defined by how they are different from humans.

Yeah... except we're humans in real life, so making a character Human isn't really the same kind of "special" or "cry for attention" as being some edgy tiefling or half-dragon or 10,000 year old elf is...

>implying human male fighter isn't the only type of character that should be played
What? You wanna cast magic missile up your boyfriend's shitcylinder? Might as well be an elf. Female warrior? Grab the Sword of +3 Dilation.
Male human fighter is the only combo that isn't for massive gayists. Character is built through struggle, cunning, perseverance, and ultimate triumph or defeat. HMF defines that best. No need for faggy sparkle shortcuts or prancy ass magicsongs.

Way to strawman the fuck up.

>Like I said, whatever helps you justify the fact that you HAVE to play something special and different

I don't have to. Most of my characters are probably human.

>or else the DM is the worst thing in the world and also retarded

Wew, more shit I haven't said. Human-only games aren't bad. Running a human-only game doesn't make you retarded. It's your reasoning that makes you retarded. Your belief that the only reason to make a nonhuman character is out of the desire to be special or because you can't make human characters interesting is why you're retarded.

I mean, just read some fucking Richard Adams, or Poul Anderson, or even Pratchett. You're just wrong in every way here.

You are just arbitrarily restricting one vector of characterization. It is like saying if you can't make an asian character interesting, you can't write a good character (ergo don't make a caucasian character).

You clearly don't get it.

I'm sure there are plenty of nonhuman characters who are defined entirely by their race. But on the other hand, there are plenty that aren't. Ultimately the things that make a human character bad and a nonhuman character bad are the same things - lack of depth, lack of forethought on the writer's part, lack of a realistic personality, substituting things like profession or skills or, yes, race, in the place of actual character, etc etc.

Boring characters are boring characters.

Humans are the only significant race of "people" creatures in the game. Technically half-elves and half-orcs exist too, but more on that below.

Things like goblins, orcs, ogres and trolls are barely sapient, lack language, their technology peaks at "picking up a big thing and swinging it hurts more than my fist", and they regularly fall to infighting as often as they group together to attack the ample food supplies of humanity. As you can imagine, half-orcs are the result of what is almost universally a horrible event. One Lumerian Duke once kept a pen of orcs and well-paid women who had lost other means of income to breed a legion of child soldiers he eventually raised to a half-orc shock force three hundred strong, which he used to great effect until they - and he - were destroyed by the Empire's forces following multiple advances on rivals despite having no claim to an Imperial right to wage war on another noble house.

The beastfolk races like lizardmen, gnolls, minotaurs and the like are a cursed people, formerly human and basically are the setting's equivalent to Firefly's Reavers; they know how to pick up a crossbow and fire it, they know how to build simple tools, but generally they just batter an object until it breaks, drop it and find another. When they don't murder humans, they capture them, drag them into their dens and torture them in unspeakable ways while uttering the very curses that transformed them, making new members of their legions.

The only other thing vaguely arguable as playable are a few fae creatures. Elves exist, but are supposed to have alien mindsets, where multiple personalities is the norm, memories don't really work the same as with humans and where cannibalism is another form of recycling. Relations with them remain "in exchange for healthy crops, clean water, and abundant hunting game, we will occasionally do strange things, you will not resist and leave us alone unless we approach you".

>You clearly don't get it.
Actually, I think that it's you who's retarded.

>as being some edgy tiefling or half-dragon or 10,000 year old elf is

All you're doing is showing your bias here. You're limiting characters from other races to being a specific kind of edgy half-breed or ancient superman that for the most part only appears in deviantart OCs from the mid noughties.

I'm sure you know there's plenty of material in the same vein featuring human characters, that obsesses over their magical powers or their evil eye or their cursed sword or whatever instead of their race.

Despite not being the most naturally proficient at magic, they've studied it and innovated it the most of any of the other major races. Most families have their own tradition of spellcasting, and almost half the population, even in rural villages, are capable of some form of spellcraft. In particular, it's traditionally expected for any long-lived, surviving elders of a family to pick up Enchantment, so most human villages have an entire circle of enchanters, and pretty much every human carries some kind of minor magical item to assist them with their job (Blacksmith's have aprons that perfectly insulate them from fire and heat, butcher's have knives that never dull, etc.)

Strong argument user. 10/10.

Remember to take your pills.

>If you wizard character stops being interesting the moment you take away the fact that she's a wizard, she's a shit character

Do they procriate faster even than orcs and trolls?

(cont.)
Occasionally someone wakes up from a particularly nice dream to find a closed window is open now, and occasionally a year or two later a baby with pointy ears, a greyish complexion, and yellow eyes with no discernible sclerae winds up on some old woman's doorstep because she left some dried fruits and spiced meats on her porch at night since she was a small child and got asked a favor.

Firbolgs exist too, with their namelessness, love of solitude in the woods and fondness for just living simple lives away from humans, and I'm slightly more prone to allow one of them over an elf, but with all non-human races I ask people to try to avoid making non-humans unless it's really important to them that they play something other than a human or half-human.

Outsiders, they come from beyond the edge of the world and don't know or pray to the gods. They worship their own creation instead of the gods work. They carry are weak and un adapted to the environments, but they create artificial adaptations. They are starting to develop their own miracles as they start to understand the word of the gods.

We have much to learn from them, but much more to fear.

This user knows what's up

I don't actually see where the user you're quoting (or anyone else in this entire topic) actually made that claim. You can stop trying to defend your e-peen on a fucking ANONYMOUS image board now. Just admit you're retarded and go shit up another topic for awhile, thanks.

nice setting, it isnt the ultra generic setting we always see.

Humans built almost everything and are responsible for the creation of, engineering of, or uplifting of every other intelligent race (hemce why they are all humanlike).

Their defining characteristic is sexual reproduction, which no other race uses and which gives them many peculiar societal traits like families and of course gender politics / slight diamorphism etc.

Other races have a good relationship with them, though they are no longer the dominant race due to th slowness of sexual reproduction and their very high quality of life leading to relatively low birthrates.

They're the only species who have the capability to jump anywhere in the galaxy from their homeworld and Sol is ridiculously difficult to get to without going through several other stars first. Think how ancient Egypt never got conquered for the longest time that and writer bias, like said.

It's not a fantasy setting.

You know what the best thing about this sort of shit opinion is? Every single person I have ever heard say it produces nothing but the most boring possible characters every single time, and they'll make the same character over and over again for each game.

It isn't the "there are only humans in my game" that's the problem though. Hey if you wanna play a Conan game or a more realistic game I'm cool. It's the instant aggressive assertion that people who want other races/species in the game are uncreative. It's just bold face obvious projecting. You know like the guy who keeping screaming about how terrible THOSE FAGGOTS are, is 100% always game himself.

This goes hand in hand with the GM who goes overboard with saying orphans and drifters can't ever be interesting characters. You know the GM who insists you create a big details list of contacts then kills them in the first session for cheap drama.

Firstly, you're replying to a different user to the one you think you are.

Secondly, the point there is that they're ultimately the same claim. Saying a character is bad because they're an elf is the same as saying they're bad because they're a wizard. In both cases, you're just singling out a random possible aspect of their characterization that can be as major or minor as the writer and/or player decides.

If you assume that the only reason to create an elf character is because you can't make a human character interesting, then you must also conclude that the only reason to create a wizard character is because you can't make someone without magic interesting. Both are nonsensical suggestions, one is just in vogue with a certain brand of Veeky Forums-based moron.

So, 30 replies later into your temper tantrum and you're just making up Shit That Never Happened stories to support your own e-peen protection fit now? Nice.

That's a paladin though.

>I don't actually see where the user you're quoting (or anyone else in this entire topic) actually made that claim
In his post. You can not characterize a character for being human, since we are humans and it's nothing special. But you can characterize a character simply by its profession. People that play elfiel the elf are as uncreative as people that play fighty the fighter.

>samefag samefag samefaaaag!

There's at least four anons calling you an idiot.

I always feel like it just feels like not!warhammer, especially since magicians are often treated suspiciously and the focus on The Empire as a central focus of civilization for the PCs.

I appreciate the kind words though, user.

Your whole first post is making unsubstantiated claims. Hell your primary defense is a near textbook begging the question fallacy.

What I find hilarious about this whole situation is how everyone used to shit on Pathfinder because of all the snowflake shit.

But as soon as you take away [insert esoteric monster manual race here] from DnD, suddenly you're a bigger evil than Games Workshop.

Because all the humans in fantasy are white.

Because they were the most innovative ones. Not by nature though, it's just that the elder races (elves, dwarves, basically cephalids) were taught by the gods before they left the world, while humans were taught by the elder races far later. It gave the elder races quite the advantage early on, but having your social order being literal gospel leave you a bit too conservative.

However, it's starting to change: the elder races are starting to wake up inspired by human dynamism, as the memory of the gods start to fade even to them. Also, various "monster" races started to laboriously follow mankind steps to civilization as their old barbarous ways proved to be out of date against mankind "modern" military.

>has armor
>has sword
for me, fighter.
also
>implying paladins arent fighters

The most human race of Su'ul was distinguished by the fact they grew to be 7-10 feet tall and lanky. They were nearly exterminated a tricematarium ago when one of their race tried to use magic to pull an entire rival species into space, save for 40 wizards who prepared themselves for the global magical surge. They're now tall skeleton people, granted immortal life, who sped up the evolution of several magically-stunted animals into a humanoid image and granted them sapience.

They spend their days studying magic and curiously observing how their surrogate children races politick and war with one another, only stepping in if someone finds a way to use that dangerous magic ever again.

Humans are clever, pragmatic and good at traveling. Since humans will always be the baseline, this means that other races are less pragmatic and unlikely to spread beyond a certain area. This produces interesting results because you get a lot of isolated communities of non-humans who often do things in strange and seemingly inefficient ways.
There are 10 human kingdoms so far, but I'm planning to add more because I don't know when to stop.

1. Starving and plague-wracked land that has been so thoroughly cursed that they have turned to a strange sort of true necromancy in order to keep their population stable.

2. Land that was actually part of the first one, but has been saved due to a pact with demons. The demons have thoroughly infested the culture and religion, to the point where they can be seen walking the street and people barely bat an eye.

3. Wild land full of beautiful woods that have been curated by druidic communities for ages. The mazelike woods are a nexus for many incredibly strange pocket dimensions.

4. The land most like the early middle ages, but even more religious, with obvious miracles happening almost constantly. Basically this is a normie place to contrast the other ones.

5. A coastal land that definitely is not greece. Somehow fucking invented the steam engine and built bronze robots with it.

6. Basically a cyberpunk city full of strange and horrifying body modification with a blooborne-esque reskin.

7. N O R S E

8. Russian Vampires.

9. Colonial America except nobody can die no matter how damaged their body gets. Even if they get obliterated they just kind of move into whatever's laying around.

10. I dunno Spain I guess.

Humans, along with orcs, goblins, beastmen, and giants are Unsent, meaning they were not intentionally created by the gods and have no purpose or true place in the world. Without the sense of duty and connection to the world that the Sent races have, they must find power and purpose through other means. They have no ability for the natural 'magic' of elves and elementals, but they are naturally more suited than those races to drawing upon the powers of eldritch patrons seeking to exert their corrupting influence upon reality. Only the most strong-willed and methodical can wield such powers without succumbing to madness or mutation, so it is no wonder that mankind's history has been a bloody struggle toward some sense of stability, with most of the old sorcerer-kings now put to rest. Still, mankind is defined by its search for meaning and purpose in a world where they have none, and as such they are a diverse and hardy race found across the breadth of the continent.

Humans sort of unintentionally became the native Americans of my setting.. Most of the civilised world (meaning orcs hobgoblins, dwarves and elves) thinks of them as these primitive savages on the very frontier of their little world, not really worth thinking or talking about unless you're out exploring or settling. What every few people have yet to realise is that a) even if they're technologically still just at the cusp of the bronze age, they are a lot more socially and politically organised than anyone realises and b) since humans can and will breed with anything, the ratio of normies to sorcerers, oracles, favoured souls etc. is about 10 times as high as any other given species.

There are all dead except for some sages hiding on some desolate mountains.

>If you can't make a nonhuman character interesting or compelling, you can't write a good character, deal with it.
FTFY

Humans are the only sapient race in the setting. I guess there are demons with intelligence but they're in really small number on the surface so adventurers can generally take care of them. Anything else is a mindless beast.

Humans were the first ones to figure out all of agriculture, writing, and bronze, so they have the advantage in creating the first empires and tend to look at the other kinds of people as barbarians.

The Humans exist in a massive galaxy spanning totalitarian dictatorship that hates all other non human races and seek to exterminate them.

Not surprising because I'm playing Dark Heresy.

I'd really change it from "totalitarian dictatorship" to "feudalistic conglomeration of (often) totalitarian oligarchies, controlling ssome planets directly and taking tribute from the majority".
At least if we are talking about pre-imperium of gorillaman timeline, didn't look into it so much and I doubt it is even explained in detail in new lore how exactly the primarch is reforming adminstrative structure of imperium.

Ancient Egypt got conquered numerous times when it had any real competitors though. Civil war wasn't that uncommon either.

Meh I'll give it a try:
There are Humans and Angels in my setting. Only Angels are related to Humans.
Good guys are Angels (of God) and Saints
Evil guys are Demons (fallen angels) and Damned (humans).
Former two reside in Heaven, latter two reside in Hell.

There is mortal world with mortal races that were created by Saint, who asked Angels to protect it.
Demons want to outright slay and devour them, while Damned are trying to corrupt and ruin mortals for shits and giggles, so they are somewhat similar to TES Daedra Lords. Demons look like typical Christian version, while Damned are like Skeletons or rotting corpses engulfed in flames.
And there are Nephilim that are mostly offsprings between Demons and Damned and inherited worst qualities of both, so the torture mortals for shits and giggles and then slay and devour them.

Jot for clarence:
>Saints
of course they are Humans

Here are my unique facets of humanity:

>Humans are the only creatures to be obsessed with recreating their own likeness. Dolls for instance are a uniquely human invention, as well as the art of humanity has humans as one of its center points throughout the ages. Other races feel no similar compulsion to recreate themselves by any means other than breeding and find humanity's obsession with representations of themselves disturbing.

>Similarly humans are the only species with an 'uncanny valley' effect of others that look close to them but not quiet. This seems to be tied in some way with humanity's obsession with recreating themselves.

>Halfbreeds often are scorned by mainstream human communities, as they fall under this uncanny valley reaction.

>Human's have a better lung capacity and louder voice than nearly every other race.

>Human feet & legs make them fantastic marathon runners compared to other races who either tire in the long haul or can not run well at all

>Humans are very good at single minded repetitive tasks. Other races, such as dwarves, have natural talent with certain crafts, but humans have a single minded persistentness that allows them to devote an entire lifetime to a single craft, or even a single piece of art/craftsmanship.

>Humans uniquely feel a desire for revenge. The concept of killing an enemy's family, friends, etc. as retribution for a wrong is not something that crosses other's minds. Savage races, like orc, do not plan out their wanton destruction. Civilized races, like elves, do not feel the urge. Humans combine forward thinking and meanness in the correct amounts to create cruelty.

All fantasy races are some kind of human in my setting.
>Elves are humans who decided to live in the forest and use magic. They artificially increase their lives with potions.
>Dwarves are humans who were forced underground and became stunted from living in cramped conditions. Some of them have civilisations, some are just poor people trapped in the undercity.
>Ogres, orcs, giants and trolls are humans that found out that you get bigger and stronger by eating your own kind.
>Planetouched types (tiefling/aasimar/gensai) are humans who have spent too much time in or around extra-dimensional forces and got a bit on themselves. Or they were born under a bad moon or something.
>Beastfolk are ether cursed humans, humans who purposefully grafted animal parts onto themselves or genuine half-breeds of humans and talking animals.
>Vampires are just fuckable liches
So over time a normal person can become an elf or a dwarf or an ogre. There are some cultures made almost entirely out of one type but even they have some variation. A city might have a union of grubby half-seized workers, a large, loud oddly bestial landowner with a hedonistic streak, a secretive family of long lived scholars and more than a few tales of a dogman living in the sewer. They may not like eachother but they are all countrymen.

And of course there are crosses, an elf might be kept in dark hole for several decades and emerge stunted and twisted like a dwarf. An ogre might replace his face with that of a wolf.

There are some exceptions
>Werewolves are actually not human, they are intelligent wolves acting as sleeper agents in human towns
>Halflings and highmen are not human despite appearances, but they seem to be alright so people hang out with them anyway

Humans short life forces them to be brave and bold, to pursue their goals with singleminded commitment, they also have an urge to see things done in their own individual life time, basically humans are go getters because they have no other choice. The other races live longer and have a more slow paced life, focused around keeping their traditions and very little need to evolve and achieve any goals.

If you leave a small human settlement alone, it will quickly turn into a town, then a kingdom with an army will be knocking on your door asking for alliances or war. Humans will not sit idly waiting for the world to provide them, they will go out and get what they need, even if it means getting bloodied over it.

> Dwarves were hit by a magical catastrophe of their own making
> Elves are still dealing with a civil war from 10,000 years ago, creating a population bottleneck that they're not even sure they can deal with
> Orcs were bitchslapped by demons so hard they have a cultural taboo against permanent dwellings, because stone dwellings are where dwarves live and dwarves make demons
> Trolls have a cultural taboo against intellect, because klevva trollz iz puttin' on airz, fukkem

Besides which:

> Humans don't live that long but breed quickly (by design)
> Humans can breed with just about anything
> In the time it takes to make 1 elf warrior or 1 dwarf warrior, you can have 12 half-human peasants armed with spears to jab them in the guts
> Humans also won't stay down when you beat them

Orcs and other greenskins are pretty much the only thing that can threaten humans at this point, at least in terms of species-level threats. While elves might try to open a portal to the Abyss over your town and dwarves might try to bulldoze your city with an ancient cathedral-golem, they're simply not numerous and fast-breeding enough to pose a species-wide threat.

Hi Derek

wakfu called

No?

What are you saying "no" to in that post?

Showed up in the big picture kinda late, was enslaved by the elves for most of prehistory and copper age. Some of the submission lasted all the way until the classical era. Humans aren't even the most populous race, there's no meme about elves being in decline, and dwarves have a Jules Verne underworld almost all for themselves.

The only thing special about them is that they've used their wits and competitiveness to at least be able to have their own places.

>setting one
humans are the oldest and most numerous race in the world, as the others are more or less mutant offshoots of humanity. they're naturally capable sorcerors and take to learning magic much easier than others.
mechanically, they're defined by their natural luck and their ability to buy magical abilities without having to buy the unusual background trait first, as well as not having an innate weakness like any of the other species.

>setting two
they're the only sapient and playable race.

>as being some edgy tiefling or half-dragon or 10,000 year old elf is...
ah, the old black and white argument.
either you're 100% sensible, grounded, and down-to-earth with realistic strengths and weaknesses, or you're a caricature.

i like you setting, if you put more work on it, it can even become a good book, think about the money you could make.

What if humans are truly average, but instead of worshiping gods, or simply being magic, they worship demons, truly a country that devete itself to pacts with demons in order to keep them strong enough to not be obliterated by others races.
Also, before in the first contact with others races they were enslaved as a whole, but after centuries they were led by a powerful warlock who had made pacts with the greater deitys of hell.
Is it a good idea?

>devote
Fixed.

Depends, do we get sexy succubi out of the deal?

what if...humans are demons (Diablo lore intensifies)

wait
humans are demons?
then why the fuck do we lock out diablo?

Humans are the first people and the most advanced (as advanced as a classical antiquity humans can be)
Dwarves came in later and fought off human aggression but are now bros with them
Elves came in the last and aren't as advanced, so humans and dwarves raid them and enslave them because elven women slaves go for a lot on the market

>>Humans uniquely feel a desire for revenge. The concept of killing an enemy's family, friends, etc. as retribution for a wrong is not something that crosses other's minds. Savage races, like orc, do not plan out their wanton destruction. Civilized races, like elves, do not feel the urge. Humans combine forward thinking and meanness in the correct amounts to create cruelty.
I am really liking this idea. It’s not often for revenge and hatred to be played straight and not just as an Objectively dark evil aspect.
>Human Frontier Town gets destroyed and it’s population enslaved by one of the Numerous Orc/Gnoll/whatever-you want populating the area.
>A Decade or so later, a small army of Crusaders and vengeful family come there and start Slaughtering Orcs Willy Nilly.
>Leave Crucified Orcs everywhere kill their captured victims torturously slowly.
>Don't even differentiate between the tribes because fuck ‘em they’re all Orcs, if you aren’t with us you’re against us and their Complacency sealed their fate.
>Humans elsewhere in empire feel a vague sense of satisfaction thinking of this as a good show by the boys on the front and that Ghazzy Greenskin deserves everything he gets and then some
>Every other race just looks at this with collectively raised eyebrows and thoughts of “What the fuck is wrong you you spastics?”

well...thanks, I guess. Tbh, I didn't consider my setting to be good or original, its Just a mix of Christian theology and myths, mixed with Dante Alighieri style and mortal realm and its inhabitants are largely based on Elder Scrolls.
Anywho, I for one concentrated on Hell for first. Its basically divided between Damned and Demons. They were fighting eachother for Eons after judgement day. Then They were divided into separate realms (I'm thinking on story). They both are disgusted by eachother, viewing themselves as inferiors: Demons view Damned as flawed and degenerate carnal beings, while Damned view Demons as slaves at best and subhuman filth at worst. Thorough there are occasions when they genuinely like eachother. These couples are usually one that spawn Nephilim. Demons reside at part called Lake of fire, their leader is Lucifer (obviously) and are strictly organized Into hierarchical order. Damned Reside at part called Hades. Unlike Demons, Damned are Chaotic through they are sort of organized in eight realms (that are directly taken from work of Dante). They dont have leaders due to their chaotic and changing nature, but realms have their prime inhabitants that could be considered "bosses" in game, Like realm of Lust having Cleopatra, Elagabalus and Mark Antony, Violence Having Cain, Genghis Khan and Attila and so on. Demons are incorporeal and while in mortal realm, they need to possess a body of mortals, while damned are carnal and can/could manifest themselves in mortal world. Damned also can possess mortals, but unlike Demons, Damned possess them with both souls and bodies, causing a victim to decade and rot, slowly showing bones and intestines, until they are exterminated. Demons may manifest theirselves in dreams and can take any form during this, while Damned can shapeshift through their original form that they had before Judgment day and their true spiritual body, that largely will look like Nagash from warhammer (maybe pic related).

Also yes, Damned have counterparts for Demonic Succubi and Incubi, called Kadesh and Kedesha (In Bible these terms describe Canaanite sacred prostitutes)

Essentially. It's the reason other civilized races view humans are highly competent sociopaths.

Atmorans called

They're generally the "dominant" race primarily due to high breeding rates plus intellectual capacity (Elves can get smarter and live longer, but breed wayyy slower, for example) and primarily have their own continent that lets them develop just fine. Also they're a bunch of dangerous retards that aren't scared of fucking everything with a pulse or trying out all sorts of dangerous magic, so as a result there's quite a large population of humans with weird bloodlines or churches with dedicated resurrection centers.

OF COURSE
One of the deitys is the queen of succubi, their procissions are basically orgies that would make dark eldar feel shamed.

Lost the last great war against a coalition of every non human race on the continent. Got completely annihilated at the end and suffered gigantic internal turnoil. Unfair peace treaty, mass population displacement and war crimes all over the place when it was at the beginning only a "minor" conflict for regular heritage rights that escalated out of control due to early industrialization of war. Now angry soldiers returning from the frontline are basically trying to make a putsch to re-arm to annihilate every non human on the continent. The setting is very low magic, if not un-magical. But they suppose that myth of the shattered gods of eons ago are more than myth and want to awoke the god of war supposedly buried under the capital because they know they don't have the strength to do so. Little do they know is that the gods actually fought off the evil feys and then went to purge another world. Should they succede they will actually awoke the fey of carnage and not the god of war who slained it, the myth having been completely reversed with time.

Of course my player didn't play along trying to stop the summoning and actually joined the freikorps and started the putsch earlier at a fucking brewery and killed the only half elf player who then rerolled another character as a 1/8th elf trying to hide it and he played along with it. At that point I switched the ambiant music to german military marches because fuck it it was my mistake expecting them to not go full nazi for once

let me guess, her name is Slaanesh.

no, this is a made-up setting, her name is not known.

Humans (true men) are the conquerers and empire builders.
Dwarves (high men) are too attached to their mountains. Halflings (half men) are shit at large scale social order - anything beyond a village or tribe does not outlast the leader. The beast races started late on civilization in general and have lower numbers due to less fertile territories so their cultures don't have any drive for conquest of others.
Later in history the conquest role was more taken by elves (supermen) so humans moved to more of a soldier/mercenary niche.

I like your group, user.

And they're pleased

>either you're 100% sensible, grounded, and down-to-earth with realistic strengths and weaknesses, or you're a caricature.
I find that this is often the case when roleplayers make their characters.

Absolutely rich irony where you post an image from a series where being human is a fundamental part of the story to swiftly undermine your contention, that it is never a plot point. There should be a harsher, stronger word for retard in the dictionary with a picture of you next to it.

My group is bascially always mono race because they always do that. I had goblin exterminating dwarves erupting a volcano into their own mountain so they could get rid of the greenskins every dwarf collateral damage being a race traitor anyway, dragon riding biker Überorks wanting to kill every gobz because they weakened the race with their unorkiness and gitziness because I suppose one of my player knew about the book "Dream of steel", kobolds starting an eugenic program to be real dragons once again and a parody of a game where they played castracting feminist female dwarves.

Let's just say we almost never finish campaigns because they actually like the lore and absolute madness of the thing but no one likes the dice throwing and battles.

I have two settings. in the sameworld but the players dont know that yet....

In the first setting Humans have survived and triumphed by being adaptable and very good at killing threats. Humans where the first of the major races to merge the tribes and clans together and form a centralised feudal system, the first to realise the need for a trained and disciplined professional army and the first to see the need for a well built infrastructure.
later, when the great Dracoliche attacked it was the Human King, out of the five great rulers, whom managed to slay him and survived the battle, and it was this Kings message which managed to convince the rest of the nations to join together under one banner in order to better face the other threats looming, thus forming the Empire.
Simply put Humans outthink the other races.

In the other setting they dont. There was a great racial war and the Elves allied themselves with the Humans until victory was imminent when they backstabbed them. Elves are the supreme race and pretty much nazis crossed with the medieval catholic church crossed with 40K's Inquisition. In other words the Elves are evil fucks and players wishing to be Elves are expected to live up to this. Humans survive, nursing their bitter hatred, because they are more numerous and useful.
Humans do make up a good number of resisters to the Elf rule, but there are relatively few willing to risk fighting.

The funny thing is that the Elves are currently preparing for a crusade which could take them too the first settings Empire... The Elf Empire is at a roughly 1200's/classic fantasy level of technology with no blackpowder whereas the Human led Empire has developed Blackpowder and has gus available on a semi-limited basis. Chances are the Elvish Empire is fucked if it does hit them.

>Dwarves
>High Men

What I have found is that as soon as you remove elves/dragon-kin/tieflings/etc. this suddenly stops being a problem.

I have a setting with only my own races, and it's not an issue because no one is stupid enough to ask 'can I be an elf' or some such.

Humanity are children of God, created in His image and imbued with immortal souls.

Some other creatures lack souls totally, their forms shells with no spark of divinity within them. Others are twisted, debased and fallen creatures that might once have been human.

Fae creatures are an odd exception, as they have something like a soul. The inherent Grace of fae creatures is debatable.

>centralised feudal system
>centralised
>feudal

user, I...

Fae are ignominous creations of the demiurge with souls as twisted as his.