Is it fair to say that the typical GM is less sane than his players?

Is it fair to say that the typical GM is less sane than his players?

As a Forever GM, it's fair to say that, yes. You have to be at least a little masochistic to subject yourself and your creations to the treatment of your average group of players.

No, I would say that GMing naturally gravitates towards the most organized person in the group, who is usually the most sane.

Yes, because he has to deal with his players.

>goth trap-wannabe masochist with emotional disorders

I wish I was normal

Not if you play World of Darkness.

GMs are a lot more sensitive and controlling, since they have more skin in the game.

My GM says he's sane. Perhaps, but measures of sanity among GMs are hard to come by.

Are we talking goth goth kind, angsty emo kind, or gothic lolita (male) kind?

Is it fair to say that your typical players are less sane than their GM?

The "I like gothic music and would like to put on makeup and dress like a goth girl but I have confidence issues right now so I have to put that on hold" kind

Also the "I overshare on the internet" kind

ganbatte, user-kun

don't let your dreams be dreams

>pussying out like a little bitch
How can you expect to get someone to properly abuse you if you don't man the fuck up and get on with it?
Isn't that what the internet is for?

Sound kinda cute, honestly. I totally get the confidence issue thing though (me too) so don't rush anything. Just be you, user, and you'll find your way. If people aren't chill about things, fuck 'em and get better people in your life.

That's a laugh.

>You have to be at least a little masochistic
I dunno, I always felt that the relationship between a GM and the players resembles a typical BDSM dynamic, only usually the players are abusive, lazy and demanding subs.

>Is it fair to say that the typical GM is less sane than his players?

Yes.

But only because the players ARE DRIVING ME FUCKING TO IT

You're asking on Veeky Forums, user. Data is bound to be skewed.

Thank you you smelly homos

Expect at least half of your players to want to fuck you and feel super uncomfortable due to that. OR you can fuck with everyone and everyone will be happy.

There's no correlation. People's groups are different, with a fairly even distribution.

I'd say I'm as sane as one of my players, less sane than one, and saner than the remaining two.

I doubt most players would want to fuck a trap, especially one who is statistically unlikely to he ones of the few to look really good on top of merely passing.
Even a lot of otherwise desperate guys wouldn't.

Don't under estimate the power of a feminine penis attached to a goth lolitrap with confidence issues. Especially when surrounded by fa/tg/uys.

>feminine penis
It's not very feminine looking tbqh

I'd say that GM's aren't necessarily less sane than their players, but they definitely have more chances for their own neuroses to come to light. Between the monsters, the factions, the npc's, the plot, and any other particulars the GM ends up needed, they end up having tons of chances to accidentally or purposely reveal their own insanities. The player might have some particularly nutso shit with their character that shows up, the GM has that same chance to do that with every NPC in the setting.

Good luck, user.

>Willingly picking the job to create and run a campaign while dealing with players who can range from lazy, inept, and all spectrum of That Guy, and micro-managing everything like it's a second job. Just because you've gotten really good at it, or no one else wants to, or both, or any other reason.

Yes.

The first GM I ever had had some major issues. This was before the whole gender bullshit stuff got more accepted, and the guy was switching pronouns every fucking day and getting mad when people got them wrong (without telling us he'd changed them, too). Every single NPC this fucker cooked up was some brand of gender-nonconforming, including the family of the PCs and the fucking AI one of their parents had worked on. There was no escaping that shit.

Apparently their parents had divorced a while back and it had been messy. I didn't think about it at the time, but I imagine it was probably the reason for all of it.

Put yourself in chastity and shave with a little heart form on top of it. Would cuddlefuck/10.

Sometimes I kill my PCs for fun and frame it like it was the players' fault.

That's gay

Mental illness manifests in many ways.

stop being a degenerate faggot

your ancestors didn't die for you to be a degenerate faggot

>My GF is a domme
>runs into situation in pic all the fucking time

>forever gm
I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Most of them were worse than /pol/ tier so they can go back to /pol/ with you.

I'm a degenerate as in the the degenerate litterature movement of Baudelaire. I know fully the horror of my twisted mind but since I've lost all hope for the world I just let myself sink into grossness.

The hobby itself attracts freaks. I don't think GMs all that different from players in terms of frequency of crazy though. Then again I can only think of a couple people I've done games with that haven't GMed at least once

>severe bipolar disorder
I'm very likely the least sane person in either of my campaigns