Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Angry Edition

>Warhammer Community news (check it daily and YOU might know what's what in today's Warhammer)
warhammer-community.com/

>Latest Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=oIZF9vjO-3o

>GW FAQs (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>FW FAQs (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034
regimental-standard.com/2017/02/08/fur-the-emperor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for magnus did nuthin wrong

2nd for cancel that he did

space marine troops just do not cut it for me this edition What are some good replacements?

I like my agressors to kind of fill the general fire role and objective camping

Are SoB traps?
And are traps gay?

our dudes > gw's dudes

also OP put in the math sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

Nth for cute Imperial Guard!

6th for female Tannenburg Fusiliers

Inb4 whiny boobplate cunts

Wonder if GW can make Repentias not suck.

Daily reminder.

SJWs are winning. Soon GW will surrender to PETA too.

Imperial Guard is very good balanced.

i will only play with a female if she allows me to rape her over the table if i win
its only fair, its gender equality and fluffy for dark eldar

Fuck off you fucking nigger.

Why would anyone in their right mind go to war without a helmet?

I just found out that the tau stormsurge even is open topped.

Do they want to die? Whats the point of armor if you're just going to drop dead to stray shrapnel to the face

>Why would anyone in their right mind go to war without a helmet?

just like boob plate.

RULE OF COOL

>wants to surrender to women
No user, you are the nigger.

Boobplate is integral to the aesthetic design and in-setting uniqueness of the Adepta Sororitas

Witnessed in the name of the Emperor.

You gitz iz mucking about arguin bout jender, deys all umies, soft an wail like burnin grots if you nip a leg offa dem.

But how else will the enemy see my maceman's rugged, manly chin?

If my space marines took their shirts off, every other army would swoon at the sheer concentrated manliness (NO HOMO).

fun fact: these are people cosplaying as repentias but thing is they edited, glamorized, and shopped it so much that now it looks like 3D renderings for a video game.

>Company expands product line to grow customer base
>butthurt
bro do you even capitalism?

Winter's latest Admech vs. Guard batrep was a pretty good lesson in "how to use Dragoons". Push up three separate ones, draw all the fire in the world, bounce it off Incense Cloud even when lacking Stygies tactics and then when one shot-up Dragoon finally reaches melee after drawing three turns of fire from everything smaller than lascannon it killls a whole one Guardsman and doesn't even tie up the squad because GBITF.
Probably won't work twice, but good enough that in my serious list I'll go with the split Dragoon brigade rather than the grouped Dragoon double battalion every time. Taser Sledgehammer seems like a rather good power unit in smaller games, since you can use Vanguard and Onager stubbers to clean up the smaller amounts of chaff there.

Mars tactics with Cawl continue to be devastatingly effective and make me regret picking sneaky boops instead. Damn Cawl is amazing.

I imagine that sisters were ready 3 years ago but they had awesome boob plate, and with new management being pussywhipped and bowing to SJW masters, they were scrapped and redesigned. Probably squatted entirely, and replaced with Female Space Marines.

Women don't play this.

Women won't play this after the lore is butchered and Calgar comes out as trans.

*laughs in bayonet*

See, right there? Where you resorted to absurdism, the preferred argument technique of women.

Stupid nigger.

Sorry user but it's only good business sense if they sell to no-one but sweaty bearded white nerds. Women and anyone who fails the paper bag test need not apply.

you're such an autist, not about the stormsurge I agree about that its a dumb model, but you look at a toy and the first thing that pops into your mind is 'but da bullets gonna kill him!' fuck off autismo

youz kant ave boob plate if u dont got boobz ta begin wit

I'm not sure you do.
Attempting to grow your customer base in such a fashion in this political climate is a recipe for disaster.
Especially when there's nothing to suggest that there's a market for it.

>>Company expands product line to grow
If GW seriously thought they could appeal to women for profit they would make a dumb mobile town-building game with microtransactions, not female models with strong independent breats who don't need no boob-plate

Why each next general OP is worse than the previous one?

Only if they have dicks.

What's a good way to make a Steel legion command squad?

Hey, in the FW index they supposedly found a new Aspect Shrine or something, right? Wondering why there's no Aspect Warrior path that focuses on actually using the psychic powers every Eldar has.

Does she get to peg you in the ass if she wins?

What's wrong with this one?

Because they become warlocks.

Anvil Industry sells short greatcoat infantry. I'd use those.

Or scour ebay for vastly over[riced inis I guess.

Models wise Mad Robot Miniatures Caipari Urban Shocktroops

Warlocks are a aspect path.

Because that is what Warlocks and Farseers are for?

Yeah, path of the seer no longer a path? Huh?

What would be the best way to construct a terminator heavy list in 8th? As in what units would be best taken to support the terminators?

Warlocks count as Aspect Warriors? I thought they were just Farseers-in-training that had military background and went "just as well".

I dunno, I was just reading up on Grey Knights and thought it was kinda dumb that all GKs are psykers, but the race that's literally genetically all psykers doesn't get that.

Trans black women that is gender fluid

SJW are like Chaosfags they move the goal post so much that is is idiotic to even try to understand what they want

Caipari Urban Shocktroops are off-brand, plastic Steel Legion.

no people are confusing aspects with eldar paths.

aspects are, like the name implies, aspects of khaine their god of war.

The path system is basically thre jobs.

khaine hasn't really been implied that he used psychic powers.

I want to fuck this guardsman raw

Not all eldar focus on their psychic abilities unlike gray knights which are all chosen for it.

Daily Duncan is some random video
GW and FW Faq and math-hammer links are top 5 sqiugs.

Everything a eldar does is a aspect path Farseers are Warlock "exarchs".

Why do people post like this? How is 'can there maybe be more than two women in the entire setting please' trigger nerds this fucking hard?

The vast majority of women are completely uninterested in war gaming and will never be no matter what happens. Violence is icky. Appealing to them in any serious manner will never have good results for you.

War games sink or swim based on how well they appeal to men, and always will.

because we are all tired of gender politics, but not tired enough to stop fighting.

Chappies mitigate the minus to hit librarians can have useful buffs

Honestly, Terminators are too expensive to run a full list of. If you really want to, I'd recommend land raiders and stormravens

Goctha.

>How is 'can there maybe be more than two women in the entire setting please' trigger nerds this fucking hard?

Because bitches are never happy and if you cave to bitching they just bitch more because they know it produces results.

You know what? The current sitaution isn't great. THere could be more female models for armies.

But... you can't ever give an inch. You give an inch and the entire lore goes through a blender to accommodate every possible fucking gender and minority.

Youre gonna get wheelchair marines, trans marines and much worse.

No.
Aspects are wrrior path
Warlocks are path of seer.
Usualy if eldar change his path from warrior(aspect) to seer(psyker) he will became warlock(warrior path have done something with his mind)

Pandering for the sake of pandering a group that does not buy your pandering products is retarded

I'm willing to bet that actually interacting with women or LGBT people or basically anyone outside of their bubble would stop this sort of bullshit.

Like, read this shit. 50% of the population will never enjoy this hobby because cooties. What screams "I've never talked to a woman that wasn't related to me or paid to" any louder?

Is 'hey the fluff is full of female guard how about a model or two?' or 'sisters minis are literally old enough to drink in fucking clapistan how about some plastics?' really gender politics?

Maybe I just want some official ladies in my guard army, not third party ones? I'm not even an internet girl, let alone an IRL one.

>Nearly every book not including marines includes at least one prominent female character
>Some marine books (HH) include prominent female characters
Oh my god, why are there only two female characters in the setting? Its not like I could possibly convert my own models and create my own characters. That would require me to actually play the game instead of whining like a little bitch.

its not about adding a few female minis, its about a change in design philosophy.

My girlfriend plays 'nids.

That isn't necessarily wrong though?
Marines without legs get bionic replacements, or cloned legs, or relegated to recruitment/teaching/advising. Odds are they're all sex-repulsed asexuals, as well.

Considering the sheer size of the Imperium, and the variety of worlds, there are far, far, FAR more ethnicities in 40K than in our modern world. Odds are people have different gender identities as well, since they're still humans.

Nice try. As far as deflection goes, this is on the same level as "If the rules are bad, just houserule it."
Sure, you *could* do that, but that isn't the problem.

i for one wish they'd tack on a few pairs of titties to a hive tyrant!

'Girlfriend'.

Sure friend.

;)

>I'm not even an internet girl, let alone an IRL one.

So you're a male feminist or a fetishist.
Fuck you.

That isn't what we're arguing about man. We're arguing about changing the design aesthetics of 40k, particularly the Sisters of Battle and space marines in a vain attempt to appease rabid social justice lunatics.

Been tweaking my Deathskulls list to be more crunchy while still letting me show off my looted and converted vehicles.

It's also made to adhere to the no unit spam, no uniques ruleset

C&C?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) [115 PL, 1998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Warboss on Bike [5 PL, 99pts]: Attack Squig, Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota

Weirdboy [4 PL, 62pts]: 3. Da Jump

+ Troops +

Boyz [13 PL, 165pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
. 25x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Boyz [9 PL, 133pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota
. 19x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Boyz [9 PL, 133pts]
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota
. 19x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

+ Elites +

Meganobz [10 PL, 189pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)
. Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)

Meganobz [10 PL, 189pts]
. Boss Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)

+ Fast Attack +

Skorcha Buggy [10 PL, 198pts]
. 3x Skorcha: 3x Skorcha

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon W/ Supa-Kannon [13 PL, 213pts]: 'ard Case, Deff Rolla, Supa-Kannon

Battlewagon W/ Supa-Kannon [13 PL, 213pts]: 'ard Case, Deff Rolla, Supa-Kannon

Meka-Dread [12 PL, 256pts]: Mega Charga, Rattler Kannon, Rippa Klaw

+ Flyer +

Dakkajet [7 PL, 148pts]: 6x Supa Shoota

++ Total: [115 PL, 1998pts] ++

Adding a handful of female characters and models is hardly pandering.

Men are still going to buy and use the same models, but if even 1% more women become interested in the game (or even just the miniatures) because they see it as more inclusive, that's 1% more sales for GW for no real cost.

Doesn't seem particularly retarded to me.

>inb4 but muh space marine characters are going to become trans genderfluid cat-kin
This shit will never happen, and is a stupid hyperbole anyway

Anyone who's ever known the touch of a woman knows they're inherently different from men and the vast majority of them have zero interest in playing a war game. Only a pathetic groveling beta male would fail to notice something so obvious.

Again with the buzzwords

And she was playing nids, on her own time, going to stores alone, before she was your girlfriend?

From what, boobplate and wasp waists to something vaguely human?

Or from GRIMDARK death guard to super happy fun demon pals death guard?

Geedubs are perfectly capable of making fucking retarded design choices on male minis too, friend.

Can you honestly say the 21 year old SOB sculpts don't need a rework?

So, how good are Whirlwinds?

I'm adding a few to a seige list I'm running and want to know if there's anything I really need to keep in mind with them.

You're still ignoring the part where you've obviously never read the background material which includes tons of female characters

Slapping lasguns on Freeguild Greatswords to make SPACE LANDSKNECHT: Y/N?

No, she got into the hobby after we started dating.

>its about a ethics in design philosophy

FTFY

But seriously, what is the change. If they put out a few female guardsmen and update the Sisters, what's the change? That GW's putting out human female models that aren't ancient as fuck (and not Inquisition/SoS)?

>I imagine that sisters were ready 3 years ago but they had awesome boob plate, and with new management being pussywhipped and bowing to SJW masters, they were scrapped and redesigned. Probably squatted entirely, and replaced with Female Space Marines.

As if Games "fuck PETA and the horse it rides on" Workshop would bow down to stupid SJW's.

>regimental-standard.com/2017/02/08/fur-the-emperor/

Do your homework before trolling over here, user.

I can confirm that Averland Sunset works well for Imperial Fists.

If you want to do Lamenters, you really do need to go brighter though. Fists can get away with looking a bit darker, but Lamenters have to be bright so everyone can see how saintly they are.

>women don't want to play a wargame
Even assuming this is true, there are definitely plenty of women interested in painting miniatures. Playing or not playing the game is irrelevant, GW is still selling models either way.

The vast majority of men also have zero interest in playing a wargame, dude. It's as niche a hobby as you can get.

> Only a pathetic groveling beta male would fail to notice something so obvious.

I give up.

The bitching comes from that sort of crap happing to other "nerd" industries.
Comics are the main examples of this retardation

No I'm not, there are still only a handful of female miniatures, compared to the dozens male characters.

They do, but removing boob plate is pointless and would ruin a lot of what makes the sororitas models cool. Also, you seem to be ignoring the fact that every man in the setting is similarly impossibly fit.

I can't decide if I should put the flies on my Typhus or not...

>what is the change

injection of mary sue characters with no design flaws, due to the author not wanting to reflect anything negative due to the characters race/gender.

nothing wrong with new models, my ignorant friend.

NEW MANAGEMENT

They have a marketing team now. They're 'listening to fans'.

You just know what that means.

Which you are pulling out of your ass.

I'd probably grab the torsos/heads on guard rather than just lasguns on them but, yes, I think that could work.

You are all scum for taking this user's alarmism and sub-masculine hysteria as anything but the most retarded b8 there is. Truly Veeky Forums cant not take the b8.

Hey mate what did you use for the bronze/gold parts, if your not the guy who owns those minis I'm pretty sure he lurks the thread, mind dropping the paints to use if you are lurking.