What is the most balanced, skill-intensive and fun TCG ever and why is it Goat format Yugioh?

What is the most balanced, skill-intensive and fun TCG ever and why is it Goat format Yugioh?

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=8246
yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?tag=building-the-battle-pack&paged=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Goat format is not at all the most skill-intensive.

Care to offer an alternative, or are you just going to shitpost?

In yugioh or not? And how was that a shitpost? I disagreed with you, that's not a shitpost.

You disagreed just for the sake of disagreeing without offering any point whatsoever.
Any popular TCG, doesn't matter. I'm all ears.

But. You made a post making a statement
>"skill-intensive and fun TCG ever and why is it Goat format Yugioh?"
and didn't make a point or explain your reasoning either.
But I prefer mixing formats in yugioh, but amy favorite format is Nekroz but I just really liekd that deck. Because doing mirror matches from a format from 12 years ago just gets you better at that irrelevant format.

yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=8246

The format just before E-Dragons was the best

i actually agree with this, after e-dragons, everything went to shit.(not that it was all that great before them, but it was definitely at its peak.)

Yugioh just after DRuler

Magic Alara-Zendikar Standard

Pokemon pre EX bullshit

WoW TCG pre Lich King Raid

Duel Masters at literally any point

FoW never

Netrunner disqualified for being a LCG but probably Pre-Data and Destiny

I enjoyed really early FoW, might not have required skill but I found it enjoyable. Might be biased because I really like fairy tales.

New Phyrexia - Innistrad was the goat

You're delusional. Suicide black was just too good. And that was bordered by caw blade before and esper ravnica control nonsense after.

but user suicide black is life. the closet to death you are, the more alive you feel

Holy shit duel masters man yout just brought me straight back to 2005

>Pre-EX Pokemon

Oh man, I miss that game so much. Hate how little evolution is used now. I know it's still there, but EX Pokemon really killed the game for me.

Pre-tachyon march 13 was a lot of fun just because of how many decks were viable, and the tier 1 decks wern't completely overpowering. 4 axis fire fists were slow enough to always give you a fighting chance, and mermails could have their big pushes disrupted and leave them without resources for a few turns. Honestly, that format, with a few tweaks to improve synchro decks, and importing some of the later niche support for older archetypes like gravekeepers is probably my ideal format.

>Duel Masters at literally any point
Correct.

HAT format.

Evolution was barely used before. The first meta decks in the game's history were composed of Scyther, Electabuzz and Hitmonchan, because it has always been easier to just play good basic Pokemon. Hell if anything GX Pokemon have actually made evolutions viable and meta.

So yeah, chalk this up to someone with nostalgia having no idea about the game, something that has to show up in a Yugioh thread somewhere.

Magi-Nation

TeleDAD.

Goat format is perfect. The fact that most people run nearly identical decks means you are never able to dismiss your loss as "oh the matchup was bad" or any other bullshit excuses. It's like chess. Both players go in with the same tools (pretty much) and only one player comes out on top, almost purely based on skill (obviously there is a slight luck element; it's a TCG after all).

Loved this game.

IIRC it went to shit after it left the us market

Tier 0 formats are never perfect. It means that absolutely nothing can be played except for the said deck. God help you if you don't want to run a 40 card deck of staples.
And using your logic, you can say the same about any T0 format.
>E-Dragons formate is perfect. The fact that most people run nearly identical decks means you are never able to dismiss your loss as "oh the matchup was bad" or any other bullshit excuse.

Yes, there are people who defend that format because they say it was skill-intensive.

Vintage>legacy.
Show skill making dosh first.

It's just a matter of taste I suppose. Competitively, I prefer "T0" formats, as you call them. Casually, I prefer diverse formats like 93/94 and EDH.

>powercreep: the game

Yatalock can still compete with and win against modern decks.

I played this in a Lightsworn deck like 8 years ago.

You and every single other chaos player on the planet.

While Goat Control was fun and skill testing, it was not balanced. If you ever played mirror matches you would know that whoever opened more 'power cards' (PoG, GC, DD) was at a huge advantage.

I miss my chaos deck ;_;

glad they brought it back from limited running only one is hell

MeCCg

I feel like you could make a fun, balanced, and versatile game, if you hand-picked roughly 1000 of the available cards.

you mean like a yugioh cube?

Wizard101 lol

>Netrunner disqualified for being a LCG but probably Pre-Faust
FTFY.
WNP was obnoxious too, but it released after Faust and was therefore not the point of ruin.

I made a YuGiOh cube a while ago but haven't played it. It only used cards up to the goat format with very few exceptions

sounds like fun, I've only really cubed mtg but yugioh might be interesting enough to give it a shot

yeah just don't use anything after goat format. it just won't work. for one, everything after goat format is busted, and for two, since the game completely revolves around tribal decks now, it just doesn't fit the cube format. using goat format and everything before that in the cube allows you to throw different cards together to make decks on the fly depending on what you draft since there are plenty of cards that are good no matter what deck they're in, like Jinzo

Best game coming through

I'd try it, but what sort of guidelines would work best, when choosing said cards?

balance it out, it would be kinda like a mtg cube sorta, give support for everything. aggro, combo and control but not all goodstuff add cards that work with what you want. most mtg cubes use subpar or not as strong creatures and spells, it's kinda like a personal choice. you decide how strong and fast you want it. if you add multiples of cards don't add more then 2, only 3 of its just a vanilla or garbo common. extra decks should be kept at a small amount unless you have crazy strong main deck monsters. add what ever is,fun to you

As an additional note: look at the Battle Packs that Konami released, and try to understand their design philosophies. They may not be the BEST cubes to play in, but the difference in card selection between them can teach you a few things if you let it. Even when the thing you're being taught is to not do (thing Konami did).

>The first meta decks in the game's history were composed of Scyther, Electabuzz and Hitmonchan

MOTHERFUCKING HAYMAKER FUCK YEAH

Still have mine.

yes that too! battle packs are a good way to get an idea of how to build a cube.

What DID they do?

I am literally unable to play goat. It's so fucking slow. It makes me want to kill myself.

damn ADD must suck. god forbid you play a game that doesn't end in one turn

Most games don't end in 1 turn, unless you're playing an OTK deck or brick.

At first I thought those were M:tG mana symbols.

Then I thought they were Pokemon energy/coins.

Then I read the shitty font text. L5R really needs to step up their game.

They rotated out a bunch of lame things and banned some more, so should be all good now. (though what do I know, I kind of dropped out like two cycles ago and only know snippets of what actual players say)

Haymaker suched Do the Wave was better.

what's it like haveing shit eyesight?

It actually can't considering that it want a fast deck and Chaos Emperor Dragon got errata'd to uselessness. Decks are either too fast or too disruptive for Yatalock now.

For the first two battle packs (Epic dawn, a pseudo goat~ish format; and War of the Giants, a format based entirely about throwing down with high level tribute monsters) konami released a series of blog posts explaining the entire process of why each card went into the card pool they're really interesting!

yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?tag=building-the-battle-pack&paged=2

Has all the posts on Battle Pack 1, give them a read!