Is making an edh deck out of this weaboo card worth it. Grant me your infinite wisdom great ones of Veeky Forums

Is making an edh deck out of this weaboo card worth it. Grant me your infinite wisdom great ones of Veeky Forums.

No, because the card's fucking retarded and goes against the actual fluff behind O-Kagachi's power in Kamigawa.

do explain my good sir

O-Kagachi was the ruler of all spirits, Kamigawa's most powerful supernatural entity. Konda stole its child to gain a shard of its power, but even still would not risk directly facing O-Kagachi which led to the Kami War. In this printed form, O-Kagachi is a little bitch compared to Kondo who just beats the King-of-All-Kami's face in. And actually, the Genju of the Realms, two of the Patrons, and several of the Myojin can slap its shit in, too.

O-Kagachi was a Progenitus-tier threat, and the only previous card that featured it was Day of Judgement, a Wrath of God that exiles all creatures which was just a small offering of its wrath on those who would take its child.

>Day of Judgement
IT'S FUCKING FINAL JUDGEMENT YOU MONGOLOID

Apologies, Captain Autism. I knew it was a judgement-based Sorcery in white that took out all creatures. I don't care about to google this shit, and Kamigawa was over a decade ago.

O-Kagachi should have had the God type, rather than Dragon.

Considering Kamigawa didn't really have gods, I think spirit is more appropriate. Even the Myojin only had divinity counters.

That said, it should have totally had an "Exile all other creatures" ability of some kind, possibly using the same divinity counter scheme the myojin have. Or not. The point is, it should be stronger than that piece of shit.

>Is making an edh deck ... worth it
No, because it's not standard.

I could see something like "When O-Kagachi attacks, exile all other creatures" working perfectly. Or something like annihilator 10, but instead of sacrificing it's exiling.

Maybe a phasing attack. When it attacks, exile all creatures and return them to the game at the end of turn. Plays into synergy with counters that Kamigawa loved.

I was thinking of something more like "When O-Kagachi attacks, if defending players caused one or more of your permanents to leave the battlefield since your last turn: exile X target non land permanents defending player controls, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost".

Seems flavorful to me and easily avoidable by your oponents I guess.

>Plays into synergy with counters that Kamigawa loved.
Kamigawa was hardly counter based. And Divinity counters only happen on cast from hand.

Sorry, poorly worded. Meant more in regards to the amount of stuff that Kamigawa had that benefits from flickering. There's a decent chunk of "enters the battlefield."

Though honestly, I think the best thing which would make the card incredibly parasitic would be something that ties it into Soulshift.

>I could see something like "When O-Kagachi attacks, exile all other creatures"

That'd be absurdly oppressive in the context of the precons. If it was just the same ability, but with an on-attack trigger, it'd be fine. Really, what they should've done is just made him significantly larger & given him Trample on top of his current setup.

>power/tougness directly translates to strength in lore
12 squirrels lol.

But seriously, a card can only represent a figure at some point in time.
O-Kagachi didn't bring his full self to bear until he actually wanted to. This is just him passing over hardly giving a fuck.
And given that half the examples you listed can't actually block him then he can just glide over them and exile them on trigger.

Progenitus has 4 power and tougness over him, which stops seeming like such a big gap whenever anyone goes over 5.
Really the only thing Progenitus has going for him is the protection, which O-kaggy can't have because in the lore his divinity had been stolen, meaning he was fully vulnerable.

Two paths:
1) Spirit Tribal
2) Every Queen Marchesa/Purple Hippo/Zedruu/Vial Smasher/Mogis/Edric/Gwafa Hazid deck rolled into one and not giving a single shit about winning.

He's very hard to cast with no immediate effect.
He has no protection and to actually do what he wants to do some one has to actually attack you.
And even if you manage to ramp quickly enough in 5 colors to get him out as well as giving him haste and some protection.
And if some did happen to attack you last turn then what does that give you?
You exile one of their things. Not really that powerful when you think of the other combat damage trigged commanders.

I can't see how to make that ability abusable or even synergistic.
Are you meant to put in additional combat effects and a stronic resonator? God help you if they have 6 damage in flying blockers.

There's just no point build around him unless you have a 5 color deck with it's own goal and you need a 5 color dude who can just be a body when you happen to need one.

Tutor this out every game and play Walls tribal.

>

>Considering Kamigawa didn't really have gods
You know they will if we ever go back there.

I mean the God type is pretty narrow and even if they have to stretch the definition they need to take every chance to use it because they'll be few and far between.

I'm not sure, actually. Maro has implied that they want gods to keep being rare and splashy.

It's not like they have to use creature types or else lose them.

It should have been Spirit God rather than Dragon Spirit, though.

Its a hydra isnt it? Its suppose to be based on orochi isnt it?

>guy who comes by my LGS now and then
>shit at EDH
>constantly talking shit when he's winning, laughs condescendingly and annoys everyone at the table
>gets stomped, shuts up
>comes back every so often with a new deck he's just spent a bunch of money on and brings his attitude with him
>crush him several games in a row
>he's visibly upset by his losses and wasted money
>I can't stop smiling

Is this sick? Should I not be enjoying this so much?

Power gamers suck. Power gamers who aren't even good suck 10x harder.