Umpchain CYOA Thread #1786:Immune to Headpats Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

It took me a bit to track down the post

The former. I thought I'd made a relatively balanced alternative to the Body Mod that would make Gauntlets more attractive, and more and more I realize that I misunderestimated the balance point drastically and that it does far less for Gauntlets then my later Gauntlet Interaction Houserules did. I hate it when I miss the design goal.

The rules adjudications are a responsibility you take on when you create a supplement and then remain active in the community thread, so reasonable questions on it do not bother me.

It's on the back burner. Like, second from the very last burner.
Still very bare bones, obviously. I wouldn't even consider posting what little I've done, except that I'm shocked somebody expressed interest in it at all.

>You can't get them onto the drive*
This. I don't expect, or even want it on the drive, especially since if I tried it would cause a shitstorm.
I don't know who put the alt-chain builder on there, but it wasn't me. (Anons were right about Alt-Form Armoire and a limitation conflicting, so I think I still need to fix that.)

>umpchain
You had one job.

>Thought it was balanced
>It's just any three perks from the entire chain you want
You're just stupid. You're just flat out an idiot.

How do you plau umpchain?

I'm not the maker of the variant.

>Umpchain

By getting recruited by Ump-Chan to enforce the rules of the game in the fight between Good and Evil in various worlds. They need a umpire and Ump-Chan selected you.

So does anyone else seem to go straight for the immortality options and like to stack them?

Wouldn't that be redundant? or are you talking about combining biological, spiritual, magical and mechanical immortality somehow?

Alright Umpers, what Umps let you become the best damn Umpire in the multiverse?

And what, do you just let the battle between Ood and Eevul resolve on the sidelines?

>Umpchain
>Ump-chan
>Umpa

THE BENEFACTOR HAS BEEN REPLACED BY UMPA-LUMPAS!
I knew you couldn't trust that candy man!

>umpchain
What a goddamn failure. Someone make a new thread.

I don't, the abilities that I develop, namely Chi Cultivation and CLAMP's own style of magic lead to immortality as a side affect of getting to a certain level of power.

Immortality is something that I believe should be achieved on one's own terms for it to be truly special.

Waiting on you Senpai!

Yuuup. I keep picking up immortality options, even if they're redundant (but I often cut those if there's enough other stuff I want). Following the example of the Monkey King and just getting all the immortality is fun.

I do prefer the ones that also make it really hard to kill me though. Especially if it makes killing me an exercise in jumping through ridiculous hoops (still want something to give me a stupid condition on how I can be killed, like "no man of woman born", or only on the night of the new moon, or only with a specific weapon).

You don't want me to make a thread.

What kind of things would one need in order to survive a zombie setting with minimal issue?

Disease immunity, regeneration, food supply/not needing to eat/drink.

Then don't ask for one. Rule 1 and all that wot wot.

Atleast it wasn't called CHumpchain, then again not like most of us would even notice.

...how dangerous would skyrim/oblivion be as a first jump?

I am extremely paranoid, so yes. All the unkillability, every possible form of it. Lots of perks for getting out of traps and confinement, too, no one wants to be sealed away forever.

Sort of. But perhaps the rules forbid Evulz for the sake of Evulz. (e.g Evil people aren't allowed to kill people unless they derive a meaningful tangible benefit from it.) You may also require them to follow a variant of the Evil Overlord list which basically means free reign on anyone who isn't like Doom.

Only if they offer something the other ones don't cover, or do it it differently/use a different power source. Like Zombie and Omega Healing Factor: One is magical, one is biological. Or Zombie compared to Dead Apostle regeneration, both of them are mechanically nothing alike despite being magical.

Disease immunity (assuming the zombies are a disease thing, which isn't always a given), a food/drink supply, and a way to not be bothered by zombies.

The third can be lots of things, from being undetectable, to being ignored by zombies, to being covered in fire, to just being durable enough to be able to ignore zombies.

Pretty dangerous. Living as a civilian could be okay depending on exactly where you are and whether it gets invaded. Adventuring is a lot more risky.

Depends on your scenarios and drawbacks. Everyone then, there's plenty of dangerous shit around the world. But, like most settings, people survive and thrive in them, so it should be possible if you're careful.

Which one is worse to have as a Renegade/reoccurring villain-type person, Harry Potter/Dumbledore from Partially Kissed Hero or Mayor Chris-Chan from Sonichu?

Hey Val, you said once that Schrödinger is limited to affecting things that involve you personally. Does that mean you can force a bomb not to go off near you (due to malfunction or whatever), or wouldn't that be possible because you hadn't interacted with it?

Fairly dangerous but the jump gives you enough to be a vaguely heroic individual. Not sure I'd suggest barrow diving and I'd stay out of the war, mind. Buying some companions would help as well.

Damn it.

I need a perk from A Practical Guide to Evil in my MCU jumps. And I need items from the MCU jumps in A Practical Guide to Evil.

I don't know what to do.

Which perk and which items?

Doesn't it literally say in the text that you can stand still in front of a firing squad while doing nothing and have them miss every shot even if you give them more tries?

I'd recommend going to Terminator before A Practical Guide to Evil for the fate immunity to protect your from the narrative weight.

Naming from Practical Guide, I want to Name Captain America because I feel like he's underpowered and because I like the idea. I'll probably Name a few other heroes, my build isn't finished.

Mystic Dojo and a Slice of Heaven from the MCU, because I need to quickly train a magical army in Practical Guide in order to liberate the kingdom of Callow and crusade the fuck out of the evil empire of Praes.

Yeah, but I'm still not sure. Like, the bullets could miss because the soldiers all thought you'd dodge in a particular way, or because your face was so ugly they couldn't look at you, or some other stupid shit. Meaning you still would have influeced the event in some way. On the other hand, you would have no hand in the bomb exploding or not, besides using your power.

No, you can affect things that would directly affect you. The personal limit is more so that you can't use it to say, decide the course of an entire war in a single choice just by being in that war. You can make a gun pointing at you malfunction, maybe even fall apart, or a bomb fail to go off if it would have hit you. Long as it's going to directly affect you in the near area, you can affect it.

Eh, kind of want to avoid pulling some SB-level munchkining like that.

Oblivion is probably the safer one since you would only have to worry about bandits and deadra which is a lot nicer then having to worry about dragons swooping down everywhere in Skyrim.

That's not SB-level munchkining at all. That's a single perk doing what is was designed to do.
Do you not use magic in a setting where magic would really help because you got it in another setting so that would be SB-level munchkining?

Alright, thanks Val. I wasn't really clear about that. Besides that, how's the OC power update going?

Pretty much, yes.

I think he might mean that he doesn't treat worlds as following narrative unless they explicitly do since it's a bit of a meta idea.

Which SBer are you?

Narrative being a physical force is aPGtE's whole shtick.

Retcon 1(?): Exalted: Lunars

Posting this largely as I think a couple of things got cut out as I realised I didn't need to import my companion as a Solar bondmate as pack was cheaper, Solar companions are much cheaper in Solars and if you import them as the same Exalted type you are they get some CP to play with.

>Changing Moon
>Chiaroscuro
Did a bit of research on the South and it was enough to make me thing I'm probably going to get out of the South at the first opportunity.

>Spirit Shape - Bat Hawk
>Feral Grace
>Instinctive Action
>The Waifu Exalted 100
>Thousand Streams+ 400
>Elder of the Pact 900
>Lost Castes - Waning Moon 1100
>Moonsilver Tattoos
>Collar of Moon's Cleansing Light
My build is still pretty much the same IIRC. Thousand Streams upgraded makes me a master manipulator of civilizations, Waning Moon makes me a crazy good thief/assassin. It's pretty much an ancient, sexy spymaster build.

>The Pack 1200
>Ramona: Full Moon, Spirit Shape - Snake, Superlative Example, Stewardship, Chthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast+ 300, Elder of the Pact 800, Moonsilver Breastplate
This is all different though as she was a Solar last time. Instead here she's a lunar, took ages for me to decide on an animal as you risk furriness at every turn with this jump. Went snake in the end as I'd rather have a snake girl than a tiger girl or whatever. Plus with the Chthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast upgraded she can turn into a huge, mutating kaiju snake monster which might come in handy.

>Obvious Tell 1100
>Blood Debts 1000
Tell is feathers in my hair and obvious bird eyes. Plus a single feather tuft at the back that goes up and down depending on mood. Blood debts is more troublesome and is probably the reason I'm in the South but at least wiping them all out will give me something to do. Hopefully I can just make some really great sandwiches for those I'm indebted too but worst comes to worst I'll do some quests, kill some jerks, free some slaves, etc.

Oh hey, i asked yesterday, but if we take the Nightmare of Nanami drawback, can we also take her as a companion if she loses all the stuff she gained from the drawback?

Not bad. Been distracted working on jumps lately though. Got perks and most of the items done on Konosuba today though. Mostly just been making new clones for the scenario and trying to sort out a list of jumps I'm happy with randomly rolling so I can use that if I ever ever get to do a chain again. Tried that UDS out too, though found it way too permissive for my style.

It's also like 3am so you know, don't expect cohesive speech.

Damn, girl needs to do some push-ups.

Oh, right, forgot about that. Sure thing.

Practical Guide runs on Narrative almost as much as fucking Exalted.

If you learned a power through Da Vinci, could you copy it through Migeika?

Does Exalted literally run on narrative, though? I thought that was just a meme referencing its outlandish themes and such.

Uh...well, you could at least use the second use of Migeika.

>Exalted
Wait it has Narrative power?

No, the universe literally runs on Narrative. The Wyld is chaos that is only shaped by Narratives. Creation itself has Narrative built into its very foundations. It's not as powerful a force in Creation as it is in the Wyld, but it's still in the foundations.

>Anything copied can easily be combined with your other techniques or powers.

Would it count for this clause, though?

>Been distracted working on jumps lately though.
Never a bad kind of distraction. At least the for thread. I'm still hyped for Konosuba, so you workign on that is no bad thing at all. I love me some explosions. As for UDS, yeah, I think it gives you too much CP imo. I tried it too, but I tend not to know what I should even do with all that CP. 1000 + drawbacks is generally enough for me.

>3am
Ah, the university lifestyle. I feel you.

Those tits look like they'd get in the way of that, though.

It runs on narrative. And physics. And animistic will of the spirits. And conceptual laws enforced by transcendental non-beings. Exalted runs on literally anything you could think of.

Yep. At its most basic level, the "stunting" rule, where you get rewards for doing cool things, is an actual law of reality in Exalted. There's also tons of charms that can interact with things narratively, with the Fair Folk being the masters at it (with the downside that they're really bad at interacting with the non-narrative parts of the world).

So not only are you an SBer, you're an SBer/Discordite hybrid. What trash, no wonder you avoided that question.

Eh? Yes and no. Narratives and Stories are important, extremely important, but they don't grant power in and of themselves.

For example Autochithon has a Narrative that concerns his ENTIRE existence. He makes beautiful wondrous things, that inevitably grow far beyond his expectations, and more often than not end up betraying him.

See:His first mortal race, basically Dwemer
See:Exalted.

Fair enough. I will ask again awhile from now.

Wait the how did Schrödinger die in the first place?

Because a lot of things are impossible if you're otherwise limited to the stats and abilities of a normal human.

Didn't check probabilities before walking into the death zone of an AoE attack.

Random thought brought about by someone mentioning Green Lantern TAS last thread:

TAS(Tool Assisted Speedrun) Gauntlet:
No out-of-Gauntlet perks, but instantaneous access to literally every piece of gear you've bought with CP.

Reward would probably increase as you resolve the plot in shorter amounts of time.

It's not a passive ability?

He encountered a foe with a power that was impossible for him to escape from.

Hm, sure.

Yeah, should be done soon. Just drawbacks, races, origins, locations, intro and the Aqua item tree left, so not much.

Actually, for anyone who knows the series, anyone have an idea for a 200 item for an origin based on Aqua, Eris and the various cults and priests? Had to cut the last one and way too drowsy to think up naother right now.

He's an idiot who just walked into the battlefield with nothing but a pistol. Didn't use his power to nearly the full potential. Ended up standing right in front of a guy that could almost instantly kill everything within 50 metres of him with a thought(To the point that a superhumanly fast guy could barely react to the attack and only survived by literally warping space to partially avoid it). Said guy was Pol Pot, pretty much an implacable terminator that would never be convinced to not kill him, was tough enough that the bullets wouldn't do anything to him and then Hitler fucked with Schrodinger's head and pointed out that he had zero chance of escaping or winning in a fight.

Tuberculosis. I guess in Petals of Reincarnation's narrative, the disease counted as part of him so he couldn't alter its odds, or something like that.

Yippee! Yet another "jump".

>Actually, for anyone who knows the series, anyone have an idea for a 200 item for an origin based on Aqua, Eris and the various cults and priests?
How about a simple staff? I mean, it's pretty boring, but it fits.

Nah, Megugugumin's origin already has one. It was actually the thing I cut from the spot.

Actual Holy Scriptures that teach basic White Magic or maybe just some Hot Springs?

Took me awhile to realize you were referring to the actual person.

Hm, holy scriptures could be good. I can probably sinwg something with that, thanks user.

> that pic
I wanna bully Darkness.
And Megumin.
And Yunyun.
And Aqua.

A Cult that follows you from Jump to Jump, located in one particular city related to your purview? Or, for more respectable Gods, a church?

Cult is the 600. Got the slot filled but I still preciate the suggestions.

Really? I thought the Haguromo would have been the 600 pointer.

Only bully Megumin, because all Chuunis deserve to be bullied.

Holy clothes? Do you already have clothes magic or something for Aqua's skirt?

Maybe a hagoromo (according to the wiki, the pink/white thing both Aqua and Eris have). It'd need to have some kind of power/utlity to be worth the price though.

There is no such thing as being too immortal.

Not to mention that most have different weaknesses, so they tend to cover each other.

Oh yeah, Schrödinger's panties are a must to include.

Eh, I was thinking of it, but ended up deciding that since I had a bunch of similar things (Cheat weapons, magic staffs, high end magic item collections of a sort, plus some more stuff), I felt that a much bigger cult would be more fitting as the top level thing.

The fact that their Chuuni-ness is genetic and their crazy names are a result of a creator who was irritated by them and distracted at the time is just pure gold.

Each time I think I know what trope is being pulled, something else blindsides me.

Ah, fair 'nough!

>There is no such thing as being too immortal.
disagree

Isn't it kind of pathetic that you need to ask the thread to write your jump for you?

Nah. Done like 4k words today so I'm pretty happy with how much I've written.

That's bullshit. Even if you subscribe to the idea that immortality is this terrible curse, which i don't.

Not only does jumpchain offer options to make your friends and lovers immortal too, it also has perks to keep things fresh and interesting.

Assuming you even need them if you've got a whole multiverse to explore.

You are obviously shitposting if you are attacking a jumpmaker for asking for suggestions

>You are obviously shitposting
Man, when did that start to describe this community.

It's fundamentally a childish view to think that life isn't worth living because some friends leave or die. As an adult, you have to get used to the idea and learn to adapt.

>Whiny brat is incapable of caring about things if they're not permanent