What does Veeky Forums think of this Brikwars thing?

Something I just stumbled upon recently.

Other urls found in this thread:

brikwars.com/wargames.htm
web.archive.org/web/20050515043715/http://www.septemberquestion.org:80/lumpley/pdfs/mechaton.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Veeky Forums isn't a single person you moron
s*ged

That's why I was asking for the opinion of whoever came across this thread? What?

you asked "what does Veeky Forums think of...", implying "Veeky Forums" is some single entity with a single opinion on the subject
s*ged

That's not what that implies, retard.

it literally is, retard
s*ged

It literally isn't, faggot.

We had some really great Brikwars threads a few years back, a guy would post up pictures of battles he had with his mates, telling the story of these themed armies and posing them for dramatic moments in the fight. It was great.

MF0 is kind of the new hotness when it comes to lego wargames though.

it literally is, faggot
s*ged

'What does Veeky Forums think' is a standard bit of phrasing that always refers to the broad collective identity of Veeky Forums

Lurk more, complaining newfag.

wrong
s*ged

Faggot
What does MF0 stand for?

the guy who made MF0 is a confirmed pedophile though...

BRRRRRIKWAAAAAARS!!!

>MF0 is kind of the new hotness when it comes to lego wargames though.
I honestly don't see that...
Mobile Frames themselves are awesome builds, but the game is kinda a headache.

faggot yourself, faggot
s*ge

Are you lonely, man?

Mobile Frame Zero, a mecha combat game built for use with lego.

>he asked, playing with his lego bricks in his mother's basement
s*ged

I did a bit of lurking and I read that Veeky Forums hates Brikwars. What happened with that?

Don't feed the troll

Brikwars died out and was replaced with another lego game made by a confirmed pedophile.

So this is the power of Veeky Forums....woah

What did he mean by this?

Less bitching, MOAR BRIKWARS!

He is kill.

Veeky Forums is more into Mobile Frame Zero, but not as much as we used to be.

>Whiteagle
Shouldn't you be shitting up /m/'s gunpla threads with shitty, badly """"""painted""""" builds?

Wait what? Do you have a link to an article or something?

By coincidence I got back into Mobile Zero last week.
Got my mobile frames ready.

Digging that big black riot shield

sterilize yourself immediately

The B Team

I amassed quite an army over time but recently I enjoy building more than playing.

Thanks, these two are the front liners.

Those look really cool, how articulate are they?

Basically if they can wiggle the arms up and down and side to side and their legs look natural that's usually good enough.
You have to design them so they are sturdy and don't fall apart.

>I amassed quite an army over time but recently I enjoy building more than playing.
You'll have that, but at least the game gives you a good excuse for building.

Why don't you show off your Polish Sentai stuff?

Bumping this just to spite the sperg.

I need some source on that

Dunno. Tried to get into it one day, but the rules simply looked like a big mess. Maybe it's because of that.

Being able to make new models every week, without conspicuos consumption, goes against the essence of wargaming.

I found the rules of Brikwars to be not taking itself serious to the point of almost insulting serious wargamers. The whole game is too "everything doesn't matter, play with lego" for my tastes.

Simply put: MF0 is a wargame first, and a lego game second, where Brikwars is a lego game first and a wargame second.

Don't feed the troll.

>Tried to get into it one day, but the rules simply looked like a big mess.
They kinda are, but that''s because Mike is still putting together the 2010 edition.

Basically, a Unit has a Skill Die to determine it's Success, a Move value to so how far it can move in inches, and an Armor value/dice that determine whether or not it get's damaged.

Weapons then have Use rating the Skill Role has to match or beat, a Damage value determined by a Role (Melee weapons now use the unit's Skill Die as a base), and a Range value (Melee Weapons are Close Combat and have to physically touch the target, otherwise it's inches from the barrel tip).

Everything else is just basically etcetera to satisfy autism.

>I found the rules of Brikwars to be not taking itself serious to the point of almost insulting serious wargamers.
Then yes, Brikwars is specifically not a game for you...

have an awkward (you)

I looked at the brikwars rules a while but but I've never gotten a group together to give them a go. They seem pretty neat

>I looked at the brikwars rules a while but but I've never gotten a group together to give them a go.
Well if you ever do, be sure to give them a double check since Mike is always fiddling with 2010.

So the pedo thing is a lie?

>so the troll who posted an unsourced "fact" four times and had some of his posts deleted was lying?

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention much

I like your guns

is cool

Yeah; the whole theme just seems way too "Waffles of Doom XD" for my taste. It's lego, so of course its not meant to be taken too seriously, but a little more subtly would be nice.

Damn, those look really nice

>seems way too "Waffles of Doom XD"
That seems a bit much.

>Damn, those look really nice
That isn't even his recent stuff...

>"Waffles of Doom XD"
It's not that bad.

Best MF0 frame from best MF0 designer reporting in.

Is there any focus on the guys in the mechs or is it all just mechs?

ASFAIK nothing about pilots, perhaps maybe some homebrews where pilots give you abilities. Definitely no infantry combat rules tho.

That's a little disappointing.

>no infantry combat rules tho
Count pic related as frames, problem solved.

It's a short list of solid rules, which is always more malleable than a long list of vague rules.

How the fuck can a platoon of footsoldiers have an armor score or move score equal to a frame? Problem NOT solved, makes no sense.

I tried signing up for the forum yesterday and haven't been approved yet. Do you know if that's normal?

here's some ideas for house rules on non Frame combatants that I think would work well;

Infantry, Civilian Vehicles, & Light Drones: 1 White Die, 2 Systems

Power Armor Troops, Heavy Drones, and most Combat Vehicles: Either 2 White Dice, 2 Systems, or 1 White Die, 3 Systems

Heavy Tanks: 3 White Dice, 3 Systems

Standard Mobile Frames: 2 White Dice, 4 Systems

Super-Heavy Mobile Frames: Either 3 White Dice, 4 Systems, or 2 White Dice, 6 Systems

Do you think they'd be open to implementing that?

why not ?

I guess no real reason.

yeah mike the owner of the site has to approve your account since there's a ton of spambots. he'll porbably approve you soon

>since there's a ton of spambots.
Really? Any particular reason why?

fuck off whiteagle, cancerboarder

>cancerboarder
Wut.

whiteagle got banned from the forums for being a cancerous little cunt

Can I get the details, please?

I used to be a huge fan of Lego miniature gaming years ago, I actually downloaded the old "other wargames" page from Brikwars which served as a directory to all known similar games.
brikwars.com/wargames.htm
Most of the links are broken now.

After playing Brikwars a few times I was satisfied but not floored by the rules. I liked it enough to keep playing but honestly the best part was always building armies, vehicles, robots and "hardsuits" and then lining them up just before a fight.

Thanks for letting me know about MF0, it looks awesome. Funny thing, it reminded me of MechaTon, another robot lego miniature game from back ten years ago. I looked up the pdf for it
(here: web.archive.org/web/20050515043715/http://www.septemberquestion.org:80/lumpley/pdfs/mechaton.pdf )
And lo and behold, Vincent Baker, author of MF0, was the author of MechaTon. Mecha Games for twelve years - talk about devotion.

>Mecha Games for twelve years - talk about devotion.
Not just Mecha games, Mecha Lego Wargames.

At some point a dozen of spambots would have started to spam the boards with links to some ad shit a day which meant that deleting them and their posts one by one was pointless given that they just kept coming and coming. I usually see Mike banning a fuckton of IPs that were just spam ever since he had to impose new user activation rules.

Oh btw, the animals do gattai. I have no clue how to treat them rulewise yet.

The cockpit even has space for 6 pilots

But why target this obscure, random, and tiny Internet forum?

This baffles me to this date. No one really has an idea where they came from and why they all targeted BW all the sudden.

Awesome, really nice job

>This baffles me to this date. No one really has an idea where they came from and why they all targeted BW all the sudden.

They didn't targeted BW specifically, they launch thousands of attacks everyday, trying to find forums with sign up procedures weak enough to be done by bots, and when they do, they mass target them, BW is just another among hundreds.

Yeah, if you go about and search for various, not terribly active (or dead) forums using generic software with low bars of entry for registration, bots just spam links to stupid shit all god damn day.