Are bolter rounds really made of depleted deuterium, Veeky Forums?

Are bolter rounds really made of depleted deuterium, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, each bolt round is topped with a sacred sprinkling of depleted deuterium. I.e. water.

depleted deuterium is incredibly energetic

technically not even that, Deuterium is basically Hydrogen that has nuclei that are about 3/4 the weight of helium nuclei. we get it from "Heavy water" because the easiest way to get it is to filter heavy water from seawater.

Good luck using downgraded deuterium in anything but oxide form, that is similar to water in almost any regard.

Also, fuck OP and his stupid questions. This place isn't supposed to be /b/ but with Veeky Forums vocabulary.

Uh, as far as I'm aware, "depleted deuterium" is something you can't get in real life. GW goofed when they first said it, then they covered up their mistake by saying that "depleted deuterium" is just what the AdMech tells everyone they use, and the real stuff is kept secret, like they do with most everything else.

Honestly it's at the point the AdMech probably doesn't even know what Deuterium is in the first place.

Its a duetrium core, they're diamond tipped.

1. That literally makes no sense, as for starters Deuterium is a gas at room temp, and if you "depleted" it you'd just have hydrogen.
2. They probably meant depleted uranium.
3. Who cares, its 40k.

No. It's made with Diamantine, which is a bullshit metal they made up.

>then they covered up their mistake by saying that "depleted deuterium" is just what the AdMech tells everyone they use, and the real stuff is kept secret, like they do with most everything else.

And it works because that sounds EXACTLY like something the AdMech would do.

In fact, in one of the Cain novels, Cain is floored by the level of trust a tech-priest shows him when he tells him what a specific type of input cable is made of, as he "knew" how closely guarded the secrets of the AdMech are from outsiders.

If I remember correctly it was only ever called depleted dueterium once. Every other reference has been depleted uranium or the vague 'diamantine' which I assume is a catch-all term for anything diamond-like.

Presumably 'depleted deuterium' was either written by an idiot who thought it sounded cool, or someone with a bit of science knowledge having a laugh.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium

you're not very aware at all.

You do realize deuterium is a real thing, right?

Depends on the bolt.
Also :
>Games Workshop
>Science
>pick one only

Doesn't matter, theyre still Ap -

Its a dueterium core, so maybe its meant to be some kind of tiny fusion bomb as the explosive charge.

That would make sense.
Though it means that the Imperium has the means to put a megajoule laser into a bolter shell, so IG flashlights must be hella scary.

It's Depleted Unobtanium

Nice Taurox Prime

They probably just thought they were making up a word at the time without going into "wonderfluonium" or "unobtanium" territory.

Given the rarity of atomic weapons in 40k, for some reason, it seems like they might have assigned that name to some other strange space metal in 40k. That or the AdMech have figured out how to stabilize metallic hydrogen for practical application, and the depleted (however the fuck that works) form is handed over to space marines for space bullets.

>Given the rarity of atomic weapons in 40k, for some reason

Why would you bother with fission bombs when fusion tech is all around you? What do you think plasma torpedoes and plasma reactors are? They're just fusion warheads and reactors.

I think the only time nukes are used large scale is when pacifying Krieg, and even then it took 500 years. That's some inefficient nuclear holocaust.