/ssss/ Stand Still, Stay Silent General: Danish Husbando Edition

General dedicated to the Stand Still, Stay Silent universe and various fan projects.

What is SSSS?

It's a webcomic that takes place 90 years after the end of the old world. Most of the surviving population of the Known world live in Iceland, the largest safe area in existence, while the settlements in the other Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) are small and scarce.

Outside the safe areas, in the Silent World, countless mysterious and unspoken dangers lurk. Hunters, mages and cleansers will spend their lives defending the settlements against the terrifying beings. Because of a great fear towards everything in the Silent World no official attempts to explore the ruins of the old have been made, and most of the information about it has turned into ancient lore, known by few.

Finally, a research crew has been sent into the great unknown! A poorly funded and terribly unqualified crew, but a crew nonetheless.

Comic Homepage: sssscomic.com/?id=home
Begin the Story: sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=1

>pastebin: pastebin.com/gdzsyzC8

Fan Projects In Progress:

Alaska Setting Expansion
Bering Strait Setting Expansion
Kamchatka Setting Expansion
Poland Setting Expansion
Vikingr: A SSSS RPG

Other urls found in this thread:

hummingfluff.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posting Rulebook cover again. Update sometime tomorrow.

GODDAMMIT Veeky Forums

I saw this thread in the catalogue and figured I'd check out the webcomic. It was pure tumblr softboys yaoi-fuel but I've read worse shit. Then I got caught up. FUCK YOU GUYS. The last time I cried like that was at the end of the first Walking Dead game.

X-bows are in game yes?

They're on the list of stuff to include! Right next to this motherfucker.

guess i wasnt the only one. I love how someone just post "hey, why dont we turn this into an RPG"
and now we're all hooked and actually doing it

Reminder that Lalli is literally autistic

my dick

so, pretty much us then... without the magic and survivalist skills

I love you user.

The zombie virus is definitely one of the better ones yeah. Although I don't think it should just be norway if they do make one. Definitely include other locations. Different geographies, animals and distributions of people would make a huge difference.

I actually had an idea for australia. Most humans live on the east coast here, so a lot of the infection would be over there. There's also a bigger variety of mammals here, with all the marsupials and whatnot.

A lot of the area in central and western oz is either desert or cattlefarms and you could work that into a setting. How? Simple. Singapore.

Singapore is an entire country in one single city. When the disease spread through Oceania, Singapore completely closed its borders and built a wall around themselves. It worked - Singapore is the last bastion of the old world, a techonolgical wonderland. Sadly, there was no room inside the city-wide quarantine for farmlands. They struggled through the first half-century with strict rationing but, once fears of starving began to outweigh fears of infection, they began to launch cleansing missions to their neighbours.

The earliest attempts in Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia were disastrous. The thick jungle was too wet to clear with fire, giving the infected too many good hiding places. When these failed, Singapore looked south - to Western Australia.

Cont?

Thought.
This rulebook is for the SSSS setting, where people go around and (presumably) go off into the troll-infested wilderness to adventure.
What are the basic game mechanics, are they like D'N'D? Space Hulk? Verbal/written CYOA?
And two, what relative time do we want to set this as. As aren't the crew all kinda the first suicidal, money driven group to do this kind of thing? Do we want to set it as sort of 5 years after their thing when this is more commonly allowed, or leave roughly as is?

do so
Kiwi user here, would work well in NZ also, with the Maori gods

The first forays were meager victories. Yes the land was there in abundance, but there was nothing there, simply land, and a few frail ecosystems of barely edible plants.

At nights, the infected insect and rodent beasts made for such hazardous living, that the exploratory crews had to sleep in their ships.

Meager victories were victories nonetheless however, and painstakingly, 100 square kilometers of arid soil was irrigated, walled off, sowed and eventually, reaped its first crop of many.
The people learned to build their buildings on high wooden stilts, sealed with protective netting, to dissuade the rodent and insect beasts from entering.

This however, was not fast enough, as in the time this was being set up, Singapore starved.
Over the five years of famine,chaos and mayhem reigned the streets, lawlessness preveiling.

Only the strongest were to survive the violent and bloody slaughter of those five years, which they named "I don't know, what should it be called?."

Cont?

The first attempts to clear the land in Oz went better. The original landing site chosen was the town of Broome, which was burned down and turned into a major port over two decades.

The Singaporeans also met the Australians during this time. In Oz, official quarantine measures had failed disastrously. 100% of non-immune persons had been killed, and survivors were forced into a nomadic lifestyle in the center of the desert to escape the infected. For decades, Australians spent their entire lives constantly fleeing the zombies, either on wheels or on horseback. Life for them was nasty, brutish and short.

Contact with the Singaporeans changed this. Communication was difficult but not impossible, as the world had fallen mere decades before and Singapore still had records of English, although the Australian dialect was confusing to decipher at first. As the "Sing-Sings" built there port, they enlisted experienced Australian guides and guards to protect Broome, and eventually the farms themselves. The farms provided easy food for the Aussie natives, who were more than happy to sell their services in exchange for a steady source of food and easy access to civilization. Once harvested, the food was sent to Broome, where it was loaded onto ships and carried back to Singapore. This was extremely risky, as the Leviathans of the open ocean are more than willing to rip the bottom out of any ship they see, and are usually followed by swarms of Kelpies. But its necessary to ensure the future of Singapore.

By year 90, most Australians either work in and around the farms or serve as "Bushrangers", bands of warriors who roam south-west and central Oz, exterminating small patches of infected and luring the Earthshakers (stampedes of infected cattle) away from farms and settlements. Some work on the harvest ships that bring Singapore its food, a few even go so far as to move to Singapore, becoming a part of the small Australian community there.

Hey someone of the Whanau is here as well.
How would magic work? I'd imagine it would be more of an inward thing that enhances the body . Something based around the "Wairua" or Spirit I'd say.
Would the body tattoos be something like the runes?

Cheers. I considered going with NZ instead of Singapore - which I reckon would have had an easy time surviving with the quarantine. But the closest ports would be on the eastern coast of Oz, which would be overrun pretty quickly. Plus Singapore gives it an interesting flavour, and being a city gives an excuse as to why they'd help out aussies, when Kiwis could just found their own farms.

Please do. I assume you know more about Singapore than I do. I'm aussie, so I know a bit about Down Under, but virtually nothing about our northern neighbours. I didn't even know Singapore was an advanced metropolis until a few years ago, I just thought it was like Indonesia.

I'll write up Ozzie magic and a few of the more common infected they face next

Im a Kiwi, you're closer, you probably know more then me.
But I mean, I went there a while ago, I can try I guess. I'll probably do the Kiwi one first though, I actually have a few ideas for it.

Post maps?

Australian magic users come in two flavours. The first are Theurges, remnants of the old Christian churches. Theurges are servants of the Tri-Part God, whose name is YHWH. Their magic focuses on healing, and on wards to protect against spirits or the infected. They also place

The other kind of magic is the magic of the First Peoples of Australia. Due to the many different tribes and languages that make up the First Peoples, their magic is similarly diverse. However, one common thread is a connection to the land, and to the spirits that inhabit it. They tend to be better at communing with Spirits than Theurges do, and will often ally with them, whereas Theurges regard all Spirits as evil and servants of ABDN, may his name never be spoken.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that First Peoples make up a far larger proportion of Australians than they did before the plague. Compared to European Australians concentration on the east coast, the dispersion of many First Peoples throughout the outback meant in the early years of the plague it was easier for them to survive.

Ok, that's what I've got for Australian Magic. I deliberately left the Indigenous Magic vague cuz I don't know enough about Indigenous cultures to really write anything interesting, beyond it being diverse and connected to the land. I also have no idea what kind of Magic Singaporeans would use, but I am curious about that.Australian infected up next.

I think I'm the Singapore guy now.
Since they're basically the only other place aside from Iceland that still has technology, I don't think I would actually have them practice a dedicated magic, rather, anyone who can be found by other mages to be magical is taken away and trained elsewhere.
Also, I'm not sure about the whole closed borders thing with them, them being a trade city. I'll think about it some more.
Also, does anyone have a map so I can figure out what to make?

>It was pure tumblr softboys yaoi-fuel but I've read worse shit. Then I got caught up
Cute boys(and girls I suppose and a cat) doing cute things is a good art choice.
It creates cognitive dissonance between relatively cute scenes and detailed body horror.
It fluidly transfers between cute and nope nope shit.
Scenes where team relaxes breaks overbearing feeling of grimness and add color to bleak atmosphere while being able to keep viewer at alert due to how fast it can turn into life threatening shit.

Ozzie monsters:

Raptas, Boomers - Formerly Kangaroos. Tend to be fast and move in groups. Very dangerous, as one of the few animals that can successfully get the jump on Bushrangers.

Yarries, Drop Bears - Infected Koalas. They wait in trees to drop down on unsuspecting passersby. They aren't very dangerous, an informed traveller can usually spot them from a distance and travel around them.

Bunyip - a kind of infected, usually a former human, that waits on the bottom of rivers and billabongs to lunge out and grab drinking animals or humans. Common Ozzie wisdom is if a stretch of river has no crocs in it, you don't drink from that river.

Snappers, Trappers, Hoppers, Rats - a common term for the Infected versions of an assortment of small Marsupials and dingoes. Like Yarries, these tend to be solitary and like Yarries will wait in a concealed position (even burrowing underground) and attack passersby. More dangerous than Yarries, due to difficulty spotting them in advance, but still only a small, solitary creature.

Earthshakers, Thunderers, Stampedes, Razorbacks - Infected cattle. Born from the vast cattlefarms which once covered the australian outback, these hordes of infected are often hundreds of thousands if not millions strong. Redirecting and distracting these unstoppable monsters is the first priority of Bushrangers.

Sea-going infected

Leviathans - former whales or the spawn of infected whales, these monsters are often as large or larger than the cargo-ships they menace. A terrifying threat and the reason Theurges are highly sought after by Harvest ships.

Kelpies - infected dolphins. They often follow Leviathans in swarms, for the same reason smaller fish might follow a shark.

Cool. I leave Singapore's magic in your capable hands. I only suggested the severe quarantine in order to explain how they survived the plague intact. If you have a better idea I'm all for it.

hummingfluff.com/
uhm... guys... the Author herself is working on an rpg...

>hummingfluff.com/
Oh cool. Mkaes it easier for us then

Wait, its an entirely different setting. Nevermind people! Carry on!

After the food began to roll back in, gradually Singapore, or what was left of it, began to stabilise.
Much had been destroyed, the trade routs and livelihoods of its people, gone. All access to the outside world, beyond the perilous trips to the "Great fields." gone.

Worse still, 90% of the population had perished. Be it to the plague, to the monsters that it made, or to the violence and mayhem of 'The Inferno". With the Population down to a staggering low of 50.000, severe breeding protocols were put in place, to ensure the population did not begin to decline from inbreeding.

This solution, whilst the best option logically, nearly sparked a second Inferno, as the disgruntled citizens fought against the oppressive government policies.

The governments solution to this was simple, If the people wanted something to work, they would have something to work on. And so, every threatening member of society was shipped over to work in the great fields, quenching their thirst for work and adventure, but keeping them away from the more docile and safety-conscious people of Singapore.

This proved effective, but still people hid in the shadows, becoming disgruntled and potentially dangerous.

In response to this, police checks became more and more commonplace, with any sign of resistance or threat that was given off, a justifiable reason to send the offender to the Great fields.
These grew more and more common, until, seeing that this method was no longer reliable, set about a new process.
The person could hide their threats behind a docile face, but with a CAT scan, and a tracking chip, these people could be spotted nearly instantly.
These machines proved to be so effective, that every single threat was successfully relocated, to the fields, whilst the population of Singapore was now safe. Nowadays, as soon as a person strays from the permitted areas, or is found to be harboring malicious intent, they are immediately removed, for the safely of the people.

Lol start next thread with this

Like the enthusiasm but not a chance

Why not?

Had same thought

Singaporians have no magic. Not only do thwy not worship and particular set of gods, a leftover feature from their days as a trade hub, dealing with many cultures and faiths.
The real reason why the people of Singapore does not possess any mages of any kind is that, any person who is found to have any magical aptitude displays a notable anomaly in their thought patterns, compared to the model template of a docile, safety conscious citizen.

Due to the stringent psychological tests and scanning that is regularly performed on the population, as basic security checks, any such anomaly is noticed almost immediately, and is associated as a potential threat, and relocated to the fields almost immediately.

I think so, heres my idea...
Singapore is OBSESSIVELY safety conscious. Not just compared to any Australian or Kiwi who is comfortable about going on walks into the wilderness (just maybe not in some parts of aussie), but in a complete, infected toe, cut off the foot kind of safety conscious. What I think would suit quite nicely, and originally, is that their government basically imposes a whole lot of health rules, such as making them wait for 40 days on a quarantine island before entering, if even that, or simply excommunicating anyone or anything that is threatening, and that any issue is just either cut out like a cancer, or avoided entirely.

I wouldn't have it be commonly allowed afterwards, but instead have there be a thriving black market for knowledge from the old world. Have items retrieved from the old world be extremely valuable, but the chance of them bringing infection back to cleansed areas means retrieving them without a permit is highly illegal. Players sent out to get these items are smugglers and criminals, and face lengthy jail times and even death if they get caught.

This is cool, but I'd still say there are Singaporen mages. Even if they have to learn to control their magic in the great fields as expatriates. Also from a writer's standpoint its too interesting not to use.

Maybe something subtle, like Singaporean magic is focused on the community and on other humans - heightened empathy, the halo effect, etc.

Like magic in the comic, It'd also pull from Singaporean myths, legends and culture. I'm not from Singapore, so I don't really have any good ideas for that.

Maybe.Again, I'm not Singaporean, so I don't know if this is good or not.

The travel between Singapore and Australia is one of the most dangerous voyages known to the people.
Vast hollow vessels set sail every month, bringing new workers for the fields.
Many do not survive the trip, dying of hunger, thirst, sickness, or worse, a leviathan. Due to the lack of weapons and ammunition that can effectively harm such a vast creature, each ship is equipped with sacrificial pods, which they stuff some prisoners in, and set loose, providing an easier meal then a vast ship.

The few that make it to the colonies find their freedom however, free of the oppression of their government. But with it, such hardship and danger like none of them had ever known.
The constant threat of monster attacks, the backbreaking work, the WILDLIFE alone claims hundreds. And yet this pales in comparison to the fierce system of gangs in the sporadic and haphazard settlements. Knives, clubs, even a few untrained mages, the squalor and violence in the society is barbarous, and only strengthens the governments case.

The settlement is a collection of haphazard huts built on stilts above the ground. Many are in disrepair, and there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. It is hard to live in, and harder to navigate. The technological level there is non-existant, compared to its modern city-state singapore.
Unlike SIngapore however, magic is present here. No common form of religion or magecraft is practiced, only random superstitions and crazy stories from crazier men and women. Likewise, there is no particular form of magic that is common across the settlement, rather each mage is unique in his or her own small way, according to their personal beliefs and their own self-training. This in turn means that any of these mages have a relatively low magical aptitude and ability, compared to other mages A few notable mages were taken and taught magecraft by the relevant Australian Mages, who became strong Mages of such craft in turn.

>Squee, three (you's)
They do have magic, but anyone who has it is just shipped off.
The Settlement counts as Singaporean, in a manner similar to how Australia was once considered British. Technically it is, but sorta not really associated.
The safely conscious bit wasn't really an idea, they just are. My idea was how they would react to the Rash and what it caused, according to this.
The black market bit makes sense though. Would there be Official groups who did this as well. Like properly armed and armoured with the best kit? I think that could be fun as well, adds a new area of danger.

Singapore, unlike the rest of the known world, hasn't adapted or progressed in any degree after the rash, so their methods of quarantine remain the same. Anyone who wishes to drop goods off may not enter, anyone who wishes to enter must first remain on an outlying island for 40 days before they are deemed "uninfected" and are permitted entry.

Even once these people are permitted entry to the city, their access to certain areas of the city, such as the common habitation areas, to members of the public, or to any unnecessary areas is strictly regulated. Any exploration of any kind is heavily discouraged or even outright forbidden in some cases. This is to try and prevent interactions between the population of SIngapore and the Outsiders, who are an uncontrollable risk to the people, from their differences in nature.

Like made in abyss

this

I mean as a fun world building exercise I'm liking it. But ssss isn't walking dead. The world is 99.9999% dead. If the rash didn't kill you a troll is a lot more dangerous than a zombie. And all mammals turn not just people. It's the blender dimension just missed one tiny corner in the frigid north, and even that required divine intervention. Depressing but that's the most honest to the source reality. But i do like all your stuff you got going. Make it your own thing.

Well, since there's a lot of non-Singaporean expats from all over the place living and working in Singapore right now, there could be many half-Chinese descendants since there's more Chinese descendants in Singapore right now. That said, if any magic is going to resurge in S'pore, it'd be Chinese stuff like Taoist magic or Chinese gods.

What would be more likely, though, is that S'pore proper would be under assault from Giants on two sides, ones from the Malaysian peninsula, and the other from Indonesian island of Sumatra. Perhaps the Singaporeans would then relocate most of their populace and infrastructure into Broome, if S'pore proper turn into spores.

Yeah, but it's sort of a city. Plus it has routes in being a trade hub between various areas with more set cultural and religious beliefs.
My logic was that, because of this, it doesn't really have any kind of common religion, much less the pagan variants that are more common for magic. Plus, I sort of like the idea that anyone that posed a risk or a potential hazard is just shipped out, I think it sort of fits how a Post-apocolyptic Singapore would work, in terms of safety. (Seriously, looking for thrills and exhilaration in Singapore is like looking for a needle in 4 separate haystacks)

InDOGnesial

Lore posting, because I feel like some still might have some confusions about the setting

Sweden have lots of tech, Danes have lots of tech. Did you even read the comic?

I don't want to be mean, but I really think you aussie/signapore guys should read up the lore.

Like full technology, not losing some.
It was to my understanding that most people lost a certain degree of tech and knowledge, Iceland being the one who lost the least of either, due to closing the border first.
Am I incorrect? Approximately what kind of Tech level do the Swedes and Danes possess?

Dedicated Singapore guy here. Don't be afraid to be mean, go ahead and clarify.
Is it about the cold?

The cold plays a heavy part in controlling the spead of infection.

Infected creatures seem to either die, have trouble moving or hibernate in the cold.

Thats why canon takes place in scandinavia, and why all our fan projects either take place in Alaska, Siberia, Canada or the tip of south america

Possible work around for Singapore user. Ssss takes place in basically year 90. Maybe yours it's still like year 45 or something.

A couple of things, I'm too lazy to reread and point each thing out. Some general things:
>cold is bad for infected creatures. they lose fur and are succeptible to cold - they need to hibernate in the winter
>all mammals except cats can be infected. only mammals.
>if any form of infection gets inside you, you're dead - it can be a flesh wound, it can be breathing. it's a death sentence, no cure. unless you're immune of course.
>infected are very agressive, dangerous and tough. Trolls and giants are the most dangerous - because of that, population centers are one of the most dangerous places

Well he is Finnish.

Could work I guess, I mean, the original idea was Singapore literally builds an Attack on Titan grade wall around itself, but now the idea of the cities fall from grace sounds too tempting to pass up.
The idea was just that they build a massive wall around Singapore, and that there is a whole lot of space in Aussie to run away from the monsters.

Good point

We keep focusing on it being impossible for a settlement/city to survive long against the sickness. But what if we actually built setting around the impending doom.

Immagine north korea making its stand against the ifected hordes, or a attack on titan esce Singopore slowly succumbing to attacks.

Could be cool, not all storie have to take place in year 90, hell, you could run a game while the initial infection is spreading!

Got me thinking where did all the infected bovines go. IIRC we have more cows on Earth than humans right now.

Not being set in the comic's current date is a good idea. Heck, the polish stuff we're making is gonna be probably around year 110-112.

i guess it would depend on the animal.

some animals, like the dog, seem to still posses their nomral behavior, but still act as mutaded carriers of the pathogen

other would probably mutate heavyli, maybe fusing with other creatures and forming gaints

it's actually a great idea

why not play as a group of US goverment agents desperatly trying to keep order while the country crumbles

why not play as the last survivor group hiding in london undeground

why not play as best korean soldiers holding the line against the evil capitalist monsters, that are just as real as your goverment told you they where.

Right, new plan then, the last stand of Singapore (cause fuck it, I'm the dedicated Singapore guy now, I will do my duty to its end).
Which will happen tomorrow, as I'm turning in for the night.
Goodnight Veeky Forums.

>Singapore
Problem with Singapore is that it is MAJOR trade ant travel hub and there are 2 weeks before illness starts to give symptoms and more before we realize that it is dangerous.
Before Singapore could go with being a bunker it would have significant part of population infected with most of them not showing it yet.

Nords survived due to low population density and remoteness of surviving places where all pre rash cities are true(non alt-right imagined) no-go zones.
While Iceland receives low traffic normally and in canon they gov decided to bankrupt itself so hard that they thought that stopping incoming traffic will help them by reducing border control spending.
And I am hard pressed to imagine biggest port in the world closing itself for ships

>Problem with Singapore is that it is MAJOR trade and travel hub
I just looked it up and 58 million people passed through Singapore Changi Airport in 2016. 17th busiest in the world.
And that's only 1 of the 3 runways on the island.

Between that and the sea traffic that passes by between Asia and India/Europe, I've got to agree that Singapore is kinda screwed.

I know how it hurts user. We all feel that pain.

I'm not sure whether or not this might be a good addition to the Vikingr system, but what about base/colony building mechanics? I dunno about everyone else, but the idea of trying to reclaim and expand into the silent world/cleansed areas gives me a ton of possible ideas for campaigns to run with the game.

I've included 'Construction' Expeditions, where vikingr can be hired to guard construction crews in the Silent World. I think this would be a great idea for an expansion though!

God the fucking hospital part was a masterful demonstration of body horror done right.

Singapore is too cosmopolitan, too close to her neighbors, and too central to world trade for quarantine to have succeeded.

Iceland could quarantine because she was isolated and self sufficient, Singapore is not.

Unlike some of the other autists in this thread, I see the setting as a little more flexible.

>Trolls need shelter to nest in, sunlight and cold disturbs them.
>They hibernate to conserve energy.
>They can only be spawned from mammals, unless that animal is immune.

We don't even know what the trolls need to eat to survive, but they do need to eat to survive or else they wouldn't hibernate. If they can only consume other mammals, islands such as Hawaii would be have a good chance that the low amount of mammalian life (besides humans) would mean that while the infection would be devastating on the onslaught, the trolls might "starve" themselves out of food if left alone long enough. Water based trolls would probably to busy hibernating and hiding during the day to actively hunt much, which would mean fisherman would be a stable food source. You can go ahead and claim any animal you see fit as immune, since is seems to be of supernatural origins anyway. New Zealand just happened to have immune sheep? Why not? Hindu gods bless cows? Mongolians find out their Bankhar dogs ward away evil spirts? Koreans and Jindo dogs? Go for it.
Deserts are also cold, empty, and lack mammalian life. Trolls probably also need water to survive, deprive them of that, and you have a nice little Dune x SSSS setting in the works. Someone a few threads back talked about countries nuking their own boarders to create a curtain of radiation to stave off troll life. Pockets of survivors living in not!Stalker wasteland sounds like it would totally fit the setting.

Basically, have fun, do what you want and that sounds fun.

I dunno, intense heat tends to kill things just as easily as intense cold

Sure pretty much all of the tropics are totally screwed, but I could see survivors in the Sahara or in the middle of the Australian desert

That's cool! In terms of an expansion, maybe the initial stats for a colony/settlement are rolled for, and compared to a table that lists out the basic meanings of the rolls. Beyond that, different projects can be undertaken to improve the settlement and raise it's population, while also guarding against trolls, and cleansing the surrounding area to continue expansion.

Personally, I'd look at the Mutant: Year Zero rules for inspiration on that front.

There will come a day when Singapore will be under a simultaneous assault by two giants: one from Malaysia, and the other from Indonesia. They will come to visual range within the Singaporean last stand and each other. They then will ignore the Singaporeans and, with a gluttural, sickening sound, bellow "MALINGSIA" and "INDOGNESIAL" and have a go at each other, leaving the Singaporeans to leave, but bewildered.

Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks!

While the gasmask has a special place in polish culture, it wasn't so always. In the early days, because the entire population lived in Iceland, there wasn't much reason to do so, with the exception of a couple paranoiacs. However, ever since the first attempts to visit their ancestral homeland, it has changed. The standard equipment of all polish scouts and cleansers slowly became a symbol of fight against the infected. The biggest factor was one of the earliest scouts, named Bolesław. During extraction, his drużyna(the basic formation of legiony, equivalent to a squad) came under attack of trolls. When wounded, he told his comrades to go and leave him, while he fought by himself against the tide of infected. Many myths and legends arose of him, some saying that it took twenty trolls and five giants to finally bring him down. The martyr was later canonized as a saint, patron of fighters against the infection, charactrized by his ever-present gasmask - now a symbol, proudly worn by most Poles.

Clearly to defeat the troll menace we must engineer a race of human feline hybrids and flood the world.

No don't

>catgirls and finnish mages for domesting ownership are the solution

Why am I not surprised?

>everyone makes their original content faction christian + very slight pagan flavoring
could you be more boring?

I did suggest that Ananta worship could be going on in some parts of the world. Especially in places where serpents are seen as sacred.

how about combining the "deserts are safe-ish" idea with desert nomads adopting a bastardized version of agent Egyptian beliefs venerating cats

That could work. Worship of Bast must be at an all time high in some Egyptian nations now.

Hey, at least I have the excuse that Poles are extremly fervently catholic, so it fits.

True, but I picked Singapore less because it makes sense "in reality" and more because it was interesting. The giant undead monsters kinda make "reality" unlikely anyway.

This. Being fun and interesting is way more important than being "realistic". As part of the "Ozzie" thing, I was going to suggest that sheep dogs be one of the immune animals. Because working dogs.

why did i see that coming....

It'd be funny to have a random encounter where the players find a bumbling squad of foreigners who just wanted to say hi before moving on.

So how are all you anons doing?
Is work getting done?

Im planning on making a few more maps/lore sheets for my Bering Strait setting

It will include;
>A page summerising the different nations
>A page about factions and organisations in the far east
>A page about mages
>A map of the whole area